• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 4,205 Views, 47 Comments

The Pony-Filled Life of Alexis Creek - NightmareMoon



What happens when Alex Creek meets 6 specific people who aren't exactly supposed to exist??

  • ...
13
 47
 4,205

Preview: "Alright, So I'm Magical": Three-Parter that's Coming Up!

I snuck around for a little bit, slowly making my way to Canterlot Castle, where everypony else is heading. I wish I was Daring Do, or at least a pegasus, so I could just fly above this screaming, frantic crowd. But guess what? Of course I can't! Just my luck.

I had to go across many dark and mysterious alleyways, and no matter how cliche that sounds it actually was kind of dark and mysterious, in a way where someone could just magically appear out of nowhere.

And guess what?

Yes. You got it right. I said "someone could just magically appear out of nowhere," and guess who materializes right in front of me? ... No, not the TARDIS. I mean Twilight, or at least a mare that looks considerably like Twilight.

"Hello," I mutter. "Who are you?"

Just my luck. (Luck, I hate you!) When I get closer - as the figure had teleported quite a distance away from me - I see that the figure was wearing a long, purple cape, and a purple hat. And just because of my terrible, horrible luck, the figure lifts her hood off. And a hint to who it is: not Twilight. Not anybody I'd like to see, not anybody that can help, not even anybody that is at least nice and helpful and optimistic, like Applejack when it comes to advanced magic history.

But it's someone I know all too well. The figure lifts her hood off, a soft blue glow surrounding it. I see a mare with light blue fur, an even lighter, slightly curly Fluttershy-type mane, and light lavender eyes.

Trixie.

I'm looking her straight in the eye, but she can't see me. I look down. No way. That's not possible! Twilight scanned me before, because I wondered if I had magic; almost every species on Equestria did, anyway.

"Nope," she said. Her eyes suddenly grew wide. "No way. You literally have no magic, at all. Every single species I've ever encountered has magic, at least the tiniest mega-Spark. But you... You don't have a single drop. It's like your body is repelling outside forces, because if you live in Equestria, where all matter is magical in some way, you sort of soak it up. Ponies just more than most."

"That's cool," I said.

"No, it's not," Twilight said. "That's literally not possible. That goes against the most basic magical formulas. That goes against the entire works of Starswirl the Bearded."

If that's true, than Starswirl the Bearded was right. Because in this dark, mysterious alleyway, with the one and only "Great and Powerful" Trixie staring right at me... I've suddenly turned invisible.

Author's Note:

Alright, so this is a little preview I've whipped up. The next three chapters are going to lead up to a really, really big thingamajig. So, yeah! How do you like it so far?