• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 4,205 Views, 47 Comments

The Pony-Filled Life of Alexis Creek - NightmareMoon



What happens when Alex Creek meets 6 specific people who aren't exactly supposed to exist??

  • ...
13
 47
 4,205

Bon Bon and Drama

My eyes widened. "She passed out!"

"Yes, I can tell!" Says a shocked and frantic Lyra. She's not grinning like a lunatic anymore - and frankly, I'm glad; she was really freaking me out - and her eye is twitching.

"Call Nurse Redheart!" She squeaks finally after a moment of awkward silence.

"Okay!" I say, already out the door and running towards the Ponyville Hospital.

* * *

When I entered Ponyville Hospital, Nurse Redheart started freaking out. She looked exactly like she did in the show - light grapefruit colored hair, pale blue eyes, white fur, and a white nurse's hat with her Cutie Mark printed on it.

"What are you?! Stay away!" Nurse Redheart stood on the table like I was going to bite her. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you Nurse Redheart?" I asked.

"Y-yes!" She answered. "You can take all my money, just don't hurt me!"

Once again I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you! Bon-Bon collapsed and Lyra sent me to get help.

"Okay," she said hesitantly. "Can you bring me there?"

I nodded. She followed me there, but Bon Bon had thankfully already woke up, her head propped on a pillow.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded weakly.

"What happened?" Nurse Redheart asked. Me and Lyra explained what happened and she ran a few tests to make sure Bon Bon was okay. After about half an hour Nurse Redheart said that Bon Bon was okay, just extremely shocked. Who wouldn't after seeing a creature that you had been told didn't exist all your life?

"So, are you like, an automapony or something?" Bon Bon asked. I snickered.

"Automatons - oh, sorry, 'automaponies' are hopelessly outdated where I live!" I say.

"What is this automaton you speak of?" Bon Bon asked.

"That's what they call 'automaponies' on Earth." I explained.

"What's Earth?" Lyra asked eagerly. "You mean, like, the ground? So you live on the ground? That makes sense, because as far as I know humans can't fly..."

I cut her off. I had been with Lyra for less than an hour and I already knew that she got hopelessly excited when she started talking about humans.

"Earth is the planet we live on," I said, tired of having to explain everything. "And no, humans can not fly, you're correct. However, we have massive devices called planes that can 'fly,' in a way, and they transport us to far away places."

"How fascinating!" She exclaimed. "How do they work?"

"Actually... I don't know," I admitted. "They're very complicated. I know the basics, though."

I explained some things about planes, how they looked and a few things about them. It was all basic knowledge to me, but she was very excited.

"So, how do you use those hands?" She asked.

I wiggled my fingers and picked a few things up.

"Does it make writing easier?" She wondered. I shrugged.

"Well," I started, "it probably does because it takes effort to use magic, does it not? But for humans, it's pretty easy just to write and draw and stuff. I guess it also gives us much more precision."

"That's so awesome!" Lyra gushed. "Draw me something!"

I took a piece of paper and drew Lyra. I'm actually pretty used to drawing ponies, because like I said before, I'm a pegasister. Lyra was, by this time, bouncing up and down like Pinkie Pie.

"How can this day be better? I have met a human, which is my life long dream, she's drawing me, and she's showing me her awesome opposable thumbs! How awesomer can this day get?"

I chuckled. "You really think opposable thumbs are awesome?"

I wiggled my thumbs. Lyra looked at them in amazement and wonder. I rolled my eyes.

* * *

I was staying in Twilight's basement temporarily until I was able to get a job and get a house - which would be a long time from now. I was thinking maybe I could get some kind of job that I had an advantage in, like baking or playing an instrument or drawing. I would have a distinct advantage - hands!

I was thinking I could give baking a try. Besides, there were many recipes from Earth that, from what I knew, were non-existent in Equestria, like brownies. Maybe I could even introduce them to coffee! If Twilight could make a top hat, cane, and mustache appear from practically no where, than maybe she could grow a coffee tree.

Plus, Sugarcube Corner had a HELP WANTED sign on their window, so maybe I could try to get in.

I was having breakfast one day when Spike knocked on the basement door.

"You have a letter from Princess Celestia!" Spike exclaimed. I grabbed it out of his claws, thanked him, and started to read it.

Dear Alexis Creek (Twilight told me that was your name)

I'm shocked that you're here. I don't know how you got here, or sadly how you will get out. I genuinely didn't even know that humans weren't an old mare's tale before you arrived.I trust that you are not going to endanger any of the residents of Ponyville, but just note that you will be kept an eye on just in case you do prove to be dangerous.

Anyways, welcome to our fine country! Twilight tells me that somehow you know all about Equestria. How odd! Can you come to Canterlot? I'd like to meet you.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

"Hey, Twilight!" I say, thrusting the door open and running up the stairs. "I'm going to Canterlot!"

"If you're going, I'm going!" Twilight says. "Besides, I want to give you the grand tour of Canterlot! I grew up there, did you know that? I should show you the Royal Canterlot Library in the castle, the biggest library in all of Equestria!"

I nodded. "So, when should we leave?"

"Right now!" She said excitedly. "Pack your things!"

"I don't have any things," I said. "The only things I was brought to Equestria with were my clothes."

"Okay, then. I can just pack all my things with magic." Her horn started to glow and her suitcase glowed, magically filling itself with clothes.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed. I ran out the door to the train station, and Twilight trotted after me.