• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,140 Views, 26 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season II - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet battles the Changelings and an empire of machines

  • ...
80
 26
 1,140

Prologue: She's Back

PROLOGUE

(Like this)

In the vast regions of a magical, dimensional universe, the magical world of United Equestria stands tall and proud, after the great wars against the evil Titan and his diabolical demons. Now, all the ponies and creatures alike live together in their new home where peace, law and justice rule. And thanks to the brave legions of the Starfleet force, the streets have been purged of every criminal and every evil.

Every evil except one that is…!

…Chrysalis!!

The evil queen of the Changelings had shown herself again, after the events of the Canterlot Royal Wedding on Equestria of old. She and her entire Changeling empire had been banished, but escaped from Equestria before it was destroyed in the Great War against Titan and his evil demons.

They began to master new powers, and they too had discovered means of genetically alternating their bodies into humanoid shapes to make them stronger and swifter.

Now they were all back to continue their conquest to rule the world and absorb all the love energy to sustain their life forces, and their first and obvious target was the New Crystal Empire, preferably Princess Cadance and Shining Armor.

They attacked and invaded the Crystal Palace without warning and invaded the empire swiftly, taking many of the helpless ponies hostage, including their highnesses, and began to absorb their love energy while at the same time destroy the major cities.

However, Starfleet had spotted the trouble and sounded the alarm, and soon the entire empire was a great big battle area as the brave ponies and their allies began to battle the changelings and drag them into custody rather than destroying them.

However, the entire empire was already a mess from the invasion, and many of the streets and buildings lay in burning ruins. In fact, the only structure left standing was the Crystal Palace itself. The palace where Queen Chrysalis and her remaining Changelings were holding Cadance, Shining armor, and several of the guards hostage to drain their love-energy. While outside, the entire palace was surrounded by battle forces lead by the planet’s rulers. Grand Ruler Celesto-- an alicorn with three golden horns and golden wings. The Commander-in-chief of Starfleet-- His wife, Queen Celestia, co-commander, and her younger sister, Princess Luna…

All three of them instructed the forces to take sides of the palace and ensure no possible means of escape. Princess Twilight Sparkle, still wingless, stood beside the Queen, gazing up at the palace worrying about her brother and her sister-in-law. “Don’t worry, Twilight. We’ll get them out.” Celestia said.

“I hope so.” said Twilight “I just wish I could be up there and have at that Chrysalis.”

While high above the commotion, Chrysalis gazed out the window snickering softly. Then she walked back into the throne room where her hostages lay tied up on the floor, bound by magical green strings she had cast. The poor ponies struggled to break free knowing that if their love energy was drained they would be severely weakened, or possibly even killed.

Chrysalis gazed down at Shining Armor and Cadance “I’m going to especially enjoy seeing the two of you perish!” she hissed at them. Shining Armor angrily glared at her, but it was Cadance who spoke out “You won’t get away with this!”

Chrysalis chuckled. “Really, and just who is going to stop me this time?” She was suddenly interrupted when the throne room doors burst wide open in small explosion. She turned round to see none other than a golden horned alicorn-- Captain Lightning Dawn, Code: AO0C on the front of his armor near the Starfleet insignia-- Grand Ruler Celesto’s apprentice. Standing next to him was his mare-friend, Lieutenant Starla Shine, Code: KY1M.

They both stood tall and proud, in their battle-armors, and Lightning called out to the evil queen. “In the name of Starfleet, I place you under arrest.”

Chrysalis knew all about Starfleet, and the fact that Lightning was still incapable of using ordinary magic like most alicorns. She glared at him angrily and hissed “You don’t know what you’re up against!”

“You don’t know what you’re up against Chrysalis!” protested Starla, and then they all engaged in a big fight. The Changelings went after Starla, but she outmaneuvered them, punching and kicking them away, while Lightning dealt with Chrysalis.

The queen dashed forth and aimed a strong punch, which Lightning caught in his hand, and tried to kick her, but she caught him in her free hand and flipped him over back hard. She then fired magic out from her crooked horn, which Lightning swiftly dodge and leapt over kicking her hard in the chest and sent her skidding across the floor.

As she tried to get up, “STAR SHOWER” Starla unleashed her magic on her, bombarding her hard. “You’ll pay for that!” Chrysalis growled as her body was shrouded in green flames, indicating she was charging herself up for a powerful blast. “Watch out!” cried Cadance.

Lightning and Starla stood ready, but surprisingly Chrysalis wasn’t intending to shoot at them, but rather at the ground, resulting in a huge explosion that could be seen from outside.



"Get back!” shouted Grand Ruler as bits of burning rubble came raining down from above. The palace was still standing, but everyone was very worried about inside. “Shining Armor, Cadance!” Twilight shouted hoping for an answer. She tried to dash inside but Princess Luna held her back. “No! You mustn’t go in there. It’s too dangerous.”

Twilight was on the verge of tears, when suddenly she and the others could hear the sounds of footsteps and faint groaning. Finally, through the smoke and dust Cadance and Shining Armor emerged along with Lightning and Starla, forcefully marching the defeated changeling warriors. The other pony guards followed them.

Twilight was overjoyed and ran up to her brother and sister-in-law and hugged them both, while other Starfleet fighters gathered round to arrest the changelings and take them into custody. The three supreme alicorns ran up to Lightning and Starla “What happened?” asked Grand Ruler.

“Chrysalis escaped.” Lightning was sorry to say, and explained the explosion was cast to distract them all which gave her the chance to make a getaway. “We’re sorry. We feel we let you down.” said Starla.

“The important thing is you saved the hostages.” said Celestia. Her husband nodded in agreement “You both did well, and we managed to round out a large portion of the changeling army.” he said.

Even still, the damage had been done. The entire New Crystal Empire was in bad shape, especially the Crystal Palace. The explosion had blown several floors up, and the whole was now a danger-zone. There was no doubt that it would all have to be demolished and then rebuilt, but even with magic, reconstruction would take weeks or even months.

“Can’t you just do what you did when the planet was reconstructed?” asked Shining Armor, but the queen and Grand Ruler shook their heads. “I’m afraid that is impossible.” Grand Ruler said and Celestia added with “Such magic cannot be produced so easily and even still it is not yet fully understood how it work and could have serious consequences if handled improperly.”

Shining Armor and Cadance felt heartbroken, but their Aunts Celestia and Luna and Uncle Celesto were willing to gladly put them up in their royal palace in New Canterlot, and all the now homeless Crystal Ponies would live amongst the village in New Canterlot until such a time their homes were restored.

In the meantime, the changelings had to be dealt with.

Once back in New Canterlot, a trial was held for the convicted changelings and the charges brought to them. It seemed fair, since the changelings were not quite as deadly as other evil forces, and they were actual living creatures that could be contained and sent to prison instead of being destroyed.

Their case was simple-- Like all changelings, they fought to feed on love energy to gain power, but it was also newly discovered that this energy was also their sustenance, keeping them alive. This made their actions only slightly understandable, but still unacceptable. They were still wicked creatures with nasty attitudes. Already they had been charged with…

-Invasion
-Kidnapping
-Acts of war and hostility.
-Attempted Murder, especially on royalty.
-Destruction of property.
-As well as thievery, and aiding public enemy number one-- Chrysalis-- No matter their motivation, crime was still crime.

The panel of judges reappeared in the courtroom. “Has the panel reached a verdict?” asked Grand Ruler.

“We have.” said the chairman.

“You may proceed.” said Celestia.

Everyone stood up, and all fell silent for a moment until the chairman spoke. “After much and careful deliberation, it is the ruling of this royal court that the convicts are found guilty of all charges and are sentenced to hard labours on the prison planet Conva… for life!!”

Their majesties approved, provided under the circumstances that research be done to see if the possibility of reforming the changelings existed. It was doubtful, but the promise was made.

The changelings were taken away, but this was no time to celebrate. There were many more changelings still out there and Chrysalis at large too. Untied Equestria was once again cloaked under the cape of war!

MY BRAVE PONY
(Star Fleet Magic II)