• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,140 Views, 26 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season II - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet battles the Changelings and an empire of machines

  • ...
80
 26
 1,140

Episode 1: Squabbling Siblings

Author's Note:

Ace Ray is a Strawman: Created solely to insult my haters and mockers for their BAFFLING and vain attitudes against me, my preferences, and those who actually DO like my stuff.

Ace's attitude is pretty much EXACTLY like those of my haters.

-Vain
-Intolerable
-Unreasonable

And various other horrible attitudes

EPISODE ONE

United Equestria had only been fully established a couple of months ago, and yet here they were, under the cape of war again. Many of the changelings from the invasion were already sent to prison, but many more of them were still out there, including Chrysalis, and they were bound to keep coming.

Luckily, they had no chance of their old tricks of disguising themselves. Starfleet’s advanced technologies--preferably their DNA and medical scans-- could easily scan and see who was who. Why if they had been there during the Canterlot Royal Wedding, they would have easily identified Chrysalis impersonating Cadance and the whole thing would have been over in mere minutes.

At this time, Starfleet virtually had a free hand over the enemy. The Changelings had already tried to attack, but Lightning and his friends, and many others had captured and imprisoned a great number of the changelings already and sent them to the royal palace in New Canterlot where the Queen and Grand Ruler would send them to the prison caverns under the where they would be detained in a cryogenic hold and then sent to one of the prison planets run by Starfleet.

In light of the war, their three supreme majesties made a worldwide announcement of declarations.

Starfleet would remain on constant vigil for any signs of attack, and as for all others, life would continue and society would go on-- Children would go to school, adults would go to work, and bills and taxes would be paid normally. There would be no hoarding and no sudden profiteering. By command of their majesties, all wages and all prices were to be properly balances and/or frozen. What an apple cost at the market yesterday it would cost again tomorrow.

To help avoid sneak attacks at night, by command of Princess Luna, an international curfew began after 9 Pm for all child civilians, unless proper authorization was given. Finally, martial law was declared for the times of war, and all crimes and disturbances would be dealt with swiftly, and harshly. The last thing anyone wanted was to start warring on each other.


So, life went on.

United Equestria was a wonderful planet and kingdom since it was formed-- a combination of the old and new. With their new genetically-altered humanoid bodies, and newer technologies, the ponies found so many new ways to get through their daily lives, get their chores done quicker and easier, and also do more things that they couldn’t before as normal ponies.

Princess Twilight Sparkle and friends had all signed up to join Starfleet in case of any further attacks. So they were put through rigorous training to help them become stronger and swifter than ever. They couldn’t become as powerful as the original space ponies nor ever hope to beat them at full strength, but they could become stronger than they could ever imagine before.

Normally, to officially join Starfleet would take four to six years of intensive drill-training and studying, but as Twilight and her friends were already well known to have saved their world before many times, and have a good knowledge of different sorts of magic-- even with just a couple of months of training they were cast as axillary Starfleet members. They were allowed to assist in battle as mere Cadets. Their main job was just to secure the areas, help civilians, and only help in any way they could during fights.

They also didn’t have the power to don super-suits like Lightning and his friends did until they had earned the rights to. For now, they just wore casual outfits like Lightning and his friends did. Each one a specific different color…

Twilight: Purple

Rarity: Silver Grey

Rainbow Dash: Sky Blue

Fluttershy: Light Yellow

Pinkie Pie: Brilliant Raspberry

Applejack: Mud Brown

…And instead of the usual Starfleet Energizer with an ID code, as they were not original space ponies, they had paintings of their respective cutie marks painted on the fronts of their armor and used them as energizers instead.

They had dubbed their team “Friendship Is Magic” in memory of their normal and still usual ways of life. But as members of Lightning’s unit, they had to understand that on duty, he and his friends were their superiors. Lightning was Captain and team commander, while all his friends were Senior Lieutenants. Princess or not, Twilight did not hold any authority over them. Lightning only took orders from the Grand Ruler.

Still, in normal life they all got along well as good friends should, and they treated one another with respect and did their best to understand and adjust to their new lives as did many of the old Equestrian Ponies and Space Alicorns. Almost everyone seemed to get along fine and cope with all the new changes.


However, there were still few creatures that didn’t approve of all these changes or Starfleet’s actions! Especially one Ex-Wonderbolt member…!

His name was Ace Ray, a blue Pegasus. He was usually a very unfriendly pony, always in a grouchy mood. He was also rather petty-minded, and intolerant of those different from himself, and often gave those who disagreed with him a rough time.


He also heavily detested Starfleet so much that his attitude and resentment towards them started to make his, already sour life, turn worse. He blamed them for Equestria of old being destroyed and he would insult and mock their every effort and method of working and living. As if that weren’t bad enough he began to insult and badger other ponies who were quite fond of Starfleet and respected them; namely his own sister, Skye Light.

By this time, Skye was pretty much the only one he had to talk to. For his constant complaining and rude behavior had cost him his friends, and the Wonderbolts threw him out for showing poor conduct and mannerisms towards fellow members who showed respect for Starfleet, and for giving the Wonderbolts a bad image.

Now or days all he ever did was sit around at home, complaining while stuffing his face with food and annoying his younger sister with more of his bad attitude.

She was staring at her brother grimly, because of his constant eating he had lost his strong shape and was looking a little pudgy. “What are you looking at?” he growled at her. “Do you always have to be so nasty?” she asked for the umpteenth time. “Oh, we’re not going to go through that again, are we?” growled Ace “I don’t have much to do with myself anymore since I was kicked out of the Wonderbolts.”

“Have you ever thought of getting a different job and a better attitude while you’re at it?” asked Skye. “Hey! Don’t change the subject!” protested Ace “I’ve always been a good Wonderbolt, and protected the kingdom when it was just fine before. Now, thanks to our stupid Starfleet overlords, I’ve been kicked out!”

Skye really didn’t like it the way her brother bad-mouthed Starfleet. It was no wonder he was thrown out, because even she knew better than to insult or preach badly towards royal soldiers. “You got exactly what you deserved.” she nagged “You may have been a good wonderbolt, but as an ordinary pony you left a lot to be desired."

You should’ve showed more appreciation and respect towards our friends and Starfleet.”

“Appreciation?!” snapped Ace “I should appreciate the ridiculous Starfleet mentality that destroyed our home and turned into this mess it is now, or how about the fact they mercilessly kill everything even remotely close to evil, huh?!”

Skye still protested to his every word “Starfleet didn’t destroy our home. The planet was attacked by evil beings that were too much for our own forces alone to handle. the planet was going to explode anyway. Starfleet came to help and did what they had to do to try and save us-- which they did! If it hadn’t been for them coming to help us, I wouldn’t be alive right now, and for that matter, neither would you!”

“You’re breaking my heart!” Ace was growing fed up with hearing his sister, and others nag at him about this. How could she of all ponies think this was all awesome? “Anyone would think you’ve fallen in love with Starfleet!”

Skye hated what her brother had become. She used to look up to him. He was her hero, and she actually dreamed of being just like him, but now-- “Whatever you may think about Starfleet, there are very fine ponies in it, and they are far better ponies than you are right now.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Finally Skye lost all patience and shouted “It means that there are real creatures that are helping to protect our world and keep us all safe, while all you can do is stuff your face, insult everyone and feel sorry for yourself! I don’t think I even know who you are anymore.”

Ace looked almost ready to fight his own sister and tried to protest that she was wrong, but she ran out of the house in tears. “Skye!” he called out to her.



Skye had retreated to a bench in the park of and was softly crying into her hands. It just wasn’t fair the way her brother was acting. The Wonderbolts and Starfleet got along well with one another. She looked over head and saw one Starfleet warrior and a Wonderbolt pass by each other while on patrol and they saluted to one another.

Twilight and Spike were coming along dragging a wagon of books behind them for the library when they saw her. “I’ve seen happier faces in a frowning contest.” Spike said. Twilight had a feeling she knew what was wrong. It was no secret that Skye and Ace were having disputes. Sometimes everyone within a ten mile radius could hear them fighting. “Skye?” asked Twilight “Are you alright? Oh, what am I saying-- of course you aren’t.”

“It’s okay, Princess,” Skye said “Ace is just grumpier than usual. I’ll be fine.”

Twilight and Spike hated to see Skye all torn up like this. “Your brother’s just going through a hard time.” Twilight said “He’ll come round eventually.”

Skye hoped so. She was starting to feel maybe she’d be better off without her brother if he kept up with his crummy attitude.



Lightning was at Twilight’s library taking more time to catch up on his studies.

“I don’t get It.” said Spike “You can’t even do magic, Lightning. So why study it?”

“I’ve told you this before, Spike. Even though I can’t do normal magic, that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t study it. This way I can be better prepared to face off against enemies, and devise any strategy that can be used against them."

His lifelong friend, Krysta-- Krystalline the queen of fairies-- was with him, taking her newly adopted young son, Prince Twink, on a library trip, and Rainbow Dash was there reading books about battle and warfare to help brush her up on her new fighting skills for the Wonderbolts and Starfleet. “This is going to be so awesome.” she kept saying “I’ll be a wonderbolt and a Starfleet fighter all at the same time.” She was cackling almost uncontrollably and creepily at the thought of so much glory.

Twilight and Spike, talked with everyone about Skye and her issues with Ace. Spike wished there was some sort of magic that would get Ace to quit being such a sorehead, but Twilight could only say “Spike, even magic could do that-- which you know it can’t-- you also know as well as we do that it’s not right to force others to think like others.”

“Besides…” Lightning said “Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. It doesn’t matter what Ace may say or think about Starfleet or anyone else. He has to work on his own problems himself; just as long as he doesn’t break the law.” Twilight’s cuckoo-clock chimed, and Lightning put his book down, “Speaking of work, I have to go on my patrol rounds.”

Rainbow looked up from her book, “But I thought you were a captain.”

“I am... but captains have less freedom than anybody, and they don’t have any fun either.” He joked. Then he left out the door, and Krysta and Twink decided to head home to The Valley of Fairies on planet Luminous, with a few books they wanted to borrow. “What do we say now, son?” Krysta asked Twink.

“Thank you Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

“You’re very welcome, Twink.” Twilight said “You enjoy the books and bring them back when you’re done.”

Twink smiled and then left with his mother through a small portal. Rainbow liked seeing all the happiness going around, but it only made her feel worse for Skye. “I think I’ll go check on her.” She said, and she left, but Spike and Twilight felt that Rainbow was going to do more than just check on Skye. “She’s got that look in her eyes again.” Spike said to Twilight. Twilight nodded in agreement.

Skye had been walking around casually to try and get her mind off of things with her brother, and it helped a great deal. She was starting to smile again, especially when Rainbow flew down from the skies and surprised her. The girls chatted for a while as they walked along, and Rainbow told her friend that she could always come to her in times of great need. “Thanks, Rainbow…” Skye said “But the terrible thing is… well, Ace is still my brother, and he’s done and said a lot of horrible things since he was kicked off the Wonderbolts.”

Rainbow wasn’t too sure how that really made her feel, but she knew she’d be in a bad mood if she were kicked off of any force, but she would never take it out on her friends. “Or would I…?” she wondered. “But Skye… he is your brother, and deep down you’ll always love him right?”

Skye couldn’t deny that. Whatever her brother was now, he was always there for her in the past when Equestria still stood before being destroyed by. He always used to play with her, cheer her up… and many of the things a big brother did.

“Deep down, I’m sure he still cares about you.” Rainbow said.

Skye knew Rainbow was right “I guess I will always love my brother.”



“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.” hissed a voice, and up from the ground emerged a changeling. The girls gasped and Skye hid behind Rainbow.

“You have love for your brother, still-- perfect energy for my queen, Chrysalis.”

“You stay away from her!” growled Rainbow “You lay one hand on her, and I’ll--”

“You’ll what?” the changeling sneered. Then he quickly leapt over in attempt to blast the girls, but Rainbow kicked him away. The changeling angrily got up, “That was a big mistake!” he growled. Rainbow stood glaring at him angrily and stomping her hoof in a threatening manner.

The changeling didn’t seem to care so much now whether he captured Skye or not. Rainbow was exhibiting love for a friend, which was equally as good as what he came for. “You’ll do just as nicely.” and he lunged into battle, and Rainbow jumped at him too, remembering what she had studied in the Wonderbolts and form her Starfleet training. She did her best to keep Skye safe but also avoid losing her own love energy as well. At first she did pretty well, but the changeling soon revealed he had been holding back while Rainbow tired herself out. Soon the fight began to tip and Rainbow got hit several times and fell flat on her stomach. Skye was freaking out of her mind and shouted out for help!

The changeling gazed at her. “No one can help you now, my little filly!” he hissed “But don’t worry, the energy you and your friend exhibit will be added to Chrysalis’ life-force. You’ll have the honor of being among many to help us take over this planet.”

His eyes began glowing as he moved closer and closer ready to absorb her energy, when Skye was suddenly knocked out of the way by her brother, who had heard her scream from help. “Ace…?”

“You leave my sister alone, you parasite!” he panted. He seemed to be very out of breath after his last action due to him being out of shape. This only amused the changeling “How noble-- The big brother coming to the aid of his kin. Well, you can share the same fate she’s going to suffer.”

Ace charged forth at the changeling in attempt to battle him on his own, but again, due to him being out of shape, he couldn’t run, fly or even pull a punch very well. The changeling would have seriously hurt him had Rainbow not quickly leapt in his way to take the hit herself. “That… really hurt!” she grumbled.

Ace couldn’t believe she just did that, knowing that he hadn’t exactly been nice to Rainbow either for her showing respects towards Starfleet.

The changeling was about to zap all three of them, when suddenly he got blasted at from the side, and there stood Lightning with Starla by his side. Lightning glared angrily at the changeling and shouted “Starfleet! You’re under arrest.”

The changeling hissed and dashed over to fight them, two against one. Despite having taken a few beatings from Rainbow Dash and Ace, he still fought well, but in the end, Lightning and Starla gained the upper hand as the changeling charged towards them, Starla got out her star bow. “STARLIGHT ARROW” and she fired many shots at him, one after another. Sparks and small explosions emitted from the changeling as he got hit.

Rainbow got up for one last attack! “SONIC RAINBOOM” With the right training, she had managed to turn he best stunt into an attack, and bashed the changeling really hard resulting in a small and colorful explosion. Now everything was ready for the final move, and Lightning decided to try out his a weapon of his that was developed by his good friend, Professor Brain: GU6I.



Lightning was forced to give up the Rainbow Rod as his standard weapon of choice, and he still hadn’t fully mastered the Uniforce yet-- his ultimate power of his golden horn-- this meant he required a new weapon to use in battle, and Professor Brain had built him the very thing.

“This invention of mine shall no doubt be of great assistance to you and your friends on your missions. Simply aim at the target, and fire, and… eh… er… that is all there is to it.”

Lightning his energizer and shouted, “CAPTURE BLASTER” A powerful long blaster, powered with a combination of magic and the professors new shrinking-formula. “Target acquired!” said Lightning as he got a good look at the changeling, and charged up his weapon. “Ready… FIRE!!” and he launched a giant magical ball of energy right at the changeling, hitting him really hard in a powerful blast.

(0:29)

The changeling fell forward and his body went up in a big explosion, however, the changeling had not been destroyed-- the explosion was merely a magical wave that shrunk the changeling down to size, and imprisoning it in a powerful glass sphere of liquid, which kept the captive alive and well, but captured nonetheless.


Rainbow leapt for joy. “We did it!” she cried. She and Skye jumped and cheered happily. Starla and Lightning hugged each other with pride “Great job.” Lightning said “Likewise.” His mare-friend replied. Then she proceeded to pick up the changeling in the sphere, “As for you…You’re under arrest.”



They powered down their super suits, and prepared to transfer the captured changeling transfer it to New Canterlot Palace to be placed in the prison caverns where he would be held temporarily in detainment before being sent off to prison. There was no need for a trial, as the Changeling was clearly guilty of assault and terrorism, as well as resisting arrest! even if a trial were to be carried out, the Changeling would still just be found guilty and still sentenced.

There just was no point in wasting time or money on a big huge trial for something so trivial and obvious!


Skye thanked the others for saving her and her brother, but Ace was still being a grouchy grump and making up poor and inaccurate excuses to badmouth the others. “You guys could’ve really hurt someone else!” he snarled “You just leapt into battle with complete disregard for our safety; you recklessly attacked the changeling, and nearly killed it!”

Starla got his face, “We did things to the best of our abilities! If you have some sort of complaint about the way we handled the situation or helped to save you and your sister, then file a report!”

Lightning nodded in agreement "You saw it yourself, Ace Ray; we don't outright destroy the changelings. Like most criminals; we battle them to tire them out, then capture then and bring them to justice. So I would suggest you quit making a fool of yourself with all these delusions you have about Starfleet!"

Ace almost looked ready to do something he’d regret, but knowing the kind of trouble he’d get in for assaulting an officer, he did nothing, just merely continued to sulk and act sour like a spoiled child!

Rainbow also was very annoyed with Ace, but she at least commended him for coming to Skye’s rescue. “See what I mean.” she said to Skye “He does still care about you.”

Ace scoffed "I'm starting to think maybe about re-evaluating myself about that." then he walked off in a huff

Skye was disappointed, but happy to know that at least her brother still had SOME care for her. She only hoped it would last.

Rainbow, Lightning and Starla all put their names down on their friendship and battle report…


Dear Queen Celestia and Grand Ruler Celesto…

We all know that even family members can be considered friends, and that sometimes there are rifts between them, especially with siblings. How siblings can feel towards one another is a very complicated thing. Deep down, they will always love one another, but often forget that they do love one another. Despite all the horrible things Ace kept saying, and all the mean ways he treated Skye, he showed and admitted that he still cared.

Maybe some people, though rough and tough on the outside, really still have a little bit of care and love on the inside.






Far off in Dimensional Space, was the Dark Planet; the once place of operations of the evil sorcerer, Titan and his diabolical minions. Now it was the home base to Queen Chrysalis and her changeling empire. They had even taken over Titan’s old castle and remolded it a little.

“…IDIOTS!!” Chrysalis thundered, and many of the changelings shuddered in fear. “Summon the captain of the guard!”

She then retreated to her throne room and sat down on her throne. Several large tubes of magical energy she had stolen were set by the throne.

The Captain of the guard came in and bowed to her. “You sent for me, my queen.”

“My life-force is dwindling and I require more energy, and yet so far all my changelings are being trampled on like common bugs.”

The Captain bowed to his queen and again explained that it was perhaps time to launch a new method of attack against United Equestria. “You see, my queen, sending our soldiers to gather energy from those who exhibit vast levels of love is far too easy for our enemies to detect. However, suppose we were to approach this in a new way.” Using his magic he demonstrated to Chrysalis how she once took on the form of Cadance at the royal wedding. “Go on.” Chrysalis said. The captain continued to show her a new way to use their powers to gather more energy, and their enemies would not so easily discover it, nor would they be able to react as effectively.

Chrysalis liked the idea very much. “I am impressed.” she said “I can hardly wait to see it action. Begin preparations immediately, Captain, and keep in mind of what’s at stake here! I want all the love you can find and nothing less. My life force depends on it, and so does yours. Remember… if I perish, then so do all of you. Understand?”

The captain bowed “We shall not fail you, my queen. United Equestria shall be yours before you know it.”

“It had better!” hissed Chrysalis.



(Promo)

In our next episode, Abra Kadabra casts a magical spell on an old mask that escapes from him and is accidently sent with a golden statue to New Canterlot Palace. After the entire gang holds a meeting there, when Artie presents his newest creation things go a bit strange when his statue seems to come to life.

Is this statue a friend or a foe, and will Abra regret his actions?

Don’t miss the next episode of “Starfleet Magic”

(Next Episode: “The Magic Statue”)