• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,141 Views, 26 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season II - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet battles the Changelings and an empire of machines

  • ...
80
 26
 1,141

Episode 11: Goddess of Gold: Part 2

“Previously on Starfleet Magic

After being insulted by upper-class ponies, Rarity decided to increase her wealth. She sought Zecora who summoned forth a spiritual guide which lead Rarity to a metal-collar, soon revealed that it had the power to transform anything Rarity touches into solid gold. At first she was overwhelmed by this new power, but suddenly found herself in extreme trouble as her powers went out of control, and the ring seems permanently stuck on her.


EPISODE ELEVEN

The picnic was called off due to the crisis at hand. All the others were disappointed but they all understood and all promised to do their best to help Rarity, but at the moment it was best for everyone to keep far away from her. They couldn’t even let her back inside her house, and she understood because of the dangers.

She was forced to remain outside the city boundaries with some camping gear, which sadly got turned into gold.

She and the gang tried everything; however every single possibility had been attempted, explored and failed…!

Rarity tried putting gloves on her hands to try and block the magic-- that didn’t work, and now her gloves were gold too. She tried using her magic to lift things without touching them, but the ring had disabled all her magic. Twilight tried some magic spells to remove the ring, but the ring was totally unaffected. Krysta couldn’t even try to warp the ring to another dimension, for as long as it was on Rarity it would take her with it.

Twilight and Lightning wrote letters to the Queen and Grand Ruler, but it turned out they were both at a royal business conference and wouldn’t be back for a few days. Even Zecora didn’t have the answer! She tried asking the spirits, but just as she feared-- Rarity didn’t heed their warning, now she was paying the price. They refused to help.


At best, Rarity had to stay where she was, eat whatever her friends brought to her like an uncouth animal-- just using her mouth without touching them or the food with her hands, but it didn’t make her feel any better. She hated burdening her friends and being so distant from everyone she loved and cared for.

It hurt the others more just to see her out there like that, all alone and miserable, even though the nights were warm and gentle.

Krysta could hardly get any sleep, she kept thinking about poor Rarity. Lightning woke up after her heard her tossing and turning in her little bed. “You okay, Krysta?” he asked. Krysta shook her head and didn’t have to explain whys he was upset. “I understand.” Lightning said. “I’m worried about her too.”

Spike and Twilight weren’t having it any easier sleeping either. Then, they heard a few stones being thrown at the door. It was Rarity using three golden pebbles so she wouldn’t touch the door herself.

She looked terrible. Her mane was all ruffled and she had red rims round her eyes. She smelled and looked as if she hadn’t bathed in days. “I have come to say goodbye.” she said softly.

“What?!” remarked Twilight. “What do you mean goodbye?” added Spike.

Rarity explained that she couldn’t bear to have her friends suffering over her because of her predicament, and she didn’t want to put them or anyone else in danger. So she had decided that she was going to leave. “Like a wounded creature, I shall venture off alone to die in the wide open world.”

Twilight and Spike felt their hearts skipping a beat. “But Rarity… you can’t!” cried Spike with tears forming in his eyes.

“Rarity, don’t do it!” cried Twilight “We’ll try and help you. We’ll get that ring off.”

Rarity shook her head “It’s so wonderful that you care this much, but I’m afraid that my mind is made up.” Tears were streaking down her face “Adieu my dear friends, and especially to you, Spikey Wikey.” She would have pecked him on the cheek, but she couldn’t risk it. Then she turned and began to walk out into the darkness. “Rarity…! Rarity, please don’t go!” cried Spike as he tried to follow her, but Twilight held him back, and they both watched until Rarity had gone completely out of sight.

Spike began to cry softly, and Twilight hugged him warmly, with her own tears falling.




The next morning, Lightning had every available patrol out searching for Rarity. Krysta had even gathered up some of her fairies from her planet and were out doing their own search. Meanwhile Spike and Twilight were just sitting around at Rarity’s campsite, hoping she would come back.

Spike wished she hadn’t left that night. “I know how you feel, Spike.” said Twilight. “We’ll find her… even if we have to search the whole planet, bit by bit.”

Lightning came back. Spike leapt with joy, “Did you find her? Huh? Huh?”

“Easy, Spike.” Lightning said “We haven’t found her yet. We don’t even have any clues." he explained that they tried to scan for Ratiy's signals, life-force, essence, magical properties, but they came up with nothing as the ring was obviously blocking all that. "Trying to find one pony on a planet this size is like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

Spike slumped down. He was beginning to think it was hopeless, and decided. “I’m going to go find her myself then.” and he ran off before anyone could try and stop him. “Oh, Spike…” groaned Twilight. “Poor guy, he’s desperate.” added Lightning.

No sooner had Spike gone when, “Guys!” called a voice. It was Artie, rushing in from above. He had disturbing news. “Those Diamonds Dogs-- they’re back! They’re trying to fight their way into New Ponyville.”

The others gasped. Diamond Dogs weren’t permitted by law within the city limits as they could not be trusted. “We’ve got to stop them!” Lightning said. “Let’s go!”



The Diamond Dogs that Lightning and Rarity fought off the other day were trying mercilessly to break into New Ponyville, but the guards at the boarder wouldn’t let them in, and now the dogs were making a fight of it, only this time they had brought more of their friends, outnumbering the guards, and they were also wearing armor made of diamond-filament making them stronger and harder to drive off.

“You’ll let us in, now or we’ll break down the wall and you!” growled the dog leader.

The others arrived. Twilight stood behind the gates to help the guards by putting up force-fields to block the dogs getting in, while Lightning and Artie helped with the attackers to try and keep the dogs out, and were authorized to capture them if they had to.

“Starfleet Magic!!” they transformed, and went into battle, but the dogs with their armor proved to be a bit much. Artie got out his staff wielded his staff to help him shove the dogs back, but this only made them madder!

“Is this your best?” asked the leader and he whistled for more dogs to come. Soon there were at least twenty dogs trying to fight their way in.

Lightning and Artie tried to capture the dogs, but they hadn’t been weakened enough for the capture magic to work. “Keep trying!” Lightning said “We can’t let them get in!”

“Right!” said Artie and he set his staff on low power. “SUPER STAFF SPIN!!” and hit one dog really hard, knocking him into five others.

The battle didn’t seem to be going anywhere, but Twilight couldn’t leave her post or the shields would drop and the dogs would break in. “I wish we had some help!” she groaned, but alas, most of the forces were still out searching for Rarity.



Spike, still not knowing about the fight, was still out looking for Rarity, and he had already reached the outer boundaries of New Ponyville. He was about to rest by a large rock, when he noticed it was made of gold. “Rarity!” he cried. “She’s been this way.” He saw other rocks and dead plants that were all turned into gold almost making a trail.

He kept on following the trail of gold things and eventually the trail lead him to a small cave, where a lot of the rocks and stalactites were gold, and he found Rarity sitting on a rock of gold, softly sobbing to herself and begging for death to come for her.

“Rarity…!”

She looked up. “Spike…?”

Spike ran over to hug her, “Stay away!” she yelled at him motioning at the ring. Spike stopped at the last few feet. “Rarity, we’ve been looking all over for you. Please come back.”

Rarity shook her head. “I can’t, Spike. I’m not long for this world. There’s no place for me out there now.”

“Rarity…” Spike begged “We’re not going to give up on you. We want to help you.”

“But you can’t help me, Spike. It’s the truth.” replied Rarity.

“Rarity, please, just come back with me. We’ll help you get that ring off your neck.”

“Go away, Spike. Leave me here in peace to die.”

“Rarity!” cried Spike as he laid his claws on Rarity’s hands. “NO...!!” Rarity shrieked shoving him away-- ZAP!

...It was too late!

Rarity felt the anguish striking into her already aching heart as she gazed at Spike, who was now nothing but a motionless statue. “Oh, no… No...!!!” she cried. “Spike, what have I done to you?” She fell flat to the ground and cried.

Suddenly, she felt the ground rumbling. She went to gaze outside and could see a pack of diamond dogs heading towards New Ponyville. She knew they weren’t allowed in and only assumed there was trouble.



Lightning kept firing his blaster, but he still couldn’t capture the dogs, not unless they were tired and weakened enough. Twilight was starting to feel weak and couldn’t hold the shield up much longer. Artie was running out of power too, and the dogs were still coming.

“Get them, boys!” ordered the leader. Finally, Lightning, Artie, and the guards were at the end of their strengths. “It’s no good.” Artie panted “We can’t… keep this… up!”

The dogs were all snickering and licking their teeth as they slowly approached the gates. “This was too easy.” hissed the leader.

The guards, and the friends still stood strong and tall in a last ditch effort to show they weren’t giving up and refused to let them in. this only made the dogs laugh, and as they prepared to rush in like a stampede…

“Stop!” snapped a voice.

The dogs turned and saw another pony.

“Rarity!” cried Twilight.

The dog leader laughed at the miserable state that Rarity was in, but when Rarity demanded “You wretched beasts are to leave this area immediately!” the leader’s features hardened and he approached her huffing “Who do you think you are ordering us around?”

All the dogs ganged up, but Rarity stood where she was. “You know you are not permitted to trespass on these peaceful lands. Now, I warn you; either you all leave here at once, or I shall turn you all into solid gold!”

Some of the dogs fell over laughing hard and loud. “You…? Solid gold?” laughed the leader. “Surely you are joking.”

Rarity decided to prove it, by picking up a simple stick on the ground. ZAP! It turned to Gold, just as she said. None of the dogs were laughing now. They stood there with shocked expressions. Some were cringing in fear. “Now, now… please… don’t do anything bad now.” whimpered the leader.

Rarity slowly inched towards the dogs holding out her finger, threatening to touch them. “All of you… get out of this place, and never come back!” she growled. Fearing for their lives, the entire pack ran off like the cowards they had become.

The guards cheered for joy, and the friends thanked Rarity. “Have you seen Spike anywhere?” Twilight asked. “He was out looking for you.”

Rarity’s eyes filled with tears again. “I haven’t the heart to tell any of you.” she cried, and judging from the look in her eyes. “Oh, Rarity, you didn’t...?!” cried Lightning.



Rarity turned and sadly walked away, back to her cave where the statue of Spike stood where it was. “Oh, Spike! Forgive me for what I’ve done to you.” She softly pressed her lips against the statue’s cheek. It felt so cold and lifeless.

Rarity sat down on a golden stone, begging to death to come and put her out of her misery. That’s when she heard that same spiritual voice that guided her to the magic ring. “Foolish, foolish pony.” he scolded her “You had everything necessary for happiness, and you gave it all up for what-- A cold, unfeeling, worthless metal.”

Rarity finally understood her error. “I know, I deserve to be punished… but not Spikey Wikey. He’s done nothing wrong. He doesn’t deserve to suffer because of me.”

“You should have thought of that earlier, but you chose not to heed my warning.”

“I know, and now it’s too late.” cried Rarity “What a miserable wretch I am.”

“Perhaps you have learned a lesson, Rarity? One of far greater value than any riches or magic is worth?”

Rarity nodded and swore “I have! Believe me, I have.”

“Then, for once, I shall make an exception. I will spare you from my power.”


“I don’t care about myself.” cried Rarity “It’s only Spike who I want freed.” but the voice didn’t speak to her again. She begged for it to come back, but it wouldn’t. She felt like crying herself to death again…

“Rarity? You have to have to cry anymore.”

Rarity recognized it and she turned. “Spike…?” He was there and back to normal. “Oh, Spikey-Wikey You’re alive!” she hugged him tightly and planet several kisses all over his face. Spike hot and light inside. “Gosh!” he sighed.

“Oh, Spike, I’ve learned my lesson. From now on, I’m going be a new pony. The old Rarity is gone, and I hope soon forgotten. I’ll never let the desire of wealth or other opinions ever cloud my better judgment again.”

Spike was very glad to hear her say that, and then he noticed. “Look! The ring isn’t glowing anymore.” Rarity saw it too, and she reached behind her neck and finally found the clip. Finally she got that ring off of her. “I’m free! Free at last!”

She threw the ring on the ground and it just faded away into thin air. Neither Spike nor Rarity knew where it had gone, and they just didn’t care. A treasure like that was far too dangerous to be owned.


The next day, Twilight held her picnic properly, and Rarity felt so relieved to be able to eat again, and have great times with her friends, and she put down what she had learned in her report.

“Dear Queen Celestia and Grand Ruler Celesto…

I have been such a fool letting the opinions of others get to me, and trying to become someone I’m not. While wealth and prestige are seemingly harmless to some, letting yourself become taken in by greed will ultimately lead you to nothing but misery and loneliness.

I have learned that I must be appreciative for what I have. All that glitters is not in gold, and wealth.

She gave the letter to Spike and he sent it on its way before they both ran off to play Cosmic Frisbee with everyone. As they ran into the fields, Rarity saw a shining coin on the ground. “Rarity…” Spike warned her.

“Well, a little bit never hurt anyone.”



(Promo)

In our next episode, the royal alicorns take their friends out for a night to ballet, but a night of dance and tranquil suddenly turns into a nightmare when the changeling captain sends another one of his robots to attack, and preparing with faster and swifter abilities.

How will Lightning and friends deal with this new metallic menace?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next episode: “Fast on your Feet”)