• Published 25th May 2017
  • 1,139 Views, 26 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season II - DakariKingMykan



Starfleet battles the Changelings and an empire of machines

  • ...
80
 26
 1,139

Episode 4: A-B-C... DD

EPISODE FOUR

Buddy Rose had a younger cousin; Daphne Dil. She was red, only a lighter shade of red, and wore a simple casual outfit, and her ID code was LZ2N. She was also his only living relative ever since his family was killed on another planet by assassins, and DD’s parents were killed in a road accident. Buddy Rose took his cousin in and took care of her almost like a little sister, and he really looked out for her.

DD loved and admired her cousin so much, that she decided one day to become a Starfleet fighter just like him, but for now she was still a filly, and today Buddy Rose was escorting his younger cousin to her first day of her new school, on the suggestion that she be closer to home.

“Well DD, you looking forward to your new school?” Buddy Rose asked. DD nodded but she was feeling a little nervous. “What if the other ponies don’t like me?” she asked “What if they make fun of me because I’m different?”

Buddy Rose knew how she felt. Before, in Unicornicopia she got along well with other children, only because they were all the same as her, space alicorns that could never have cutie marks and all well understood but now she was going be among new kinds of ponies in addition to her own.

“It’ll be okay, DD.” said Buddy Rose “Hey, do you remember that song I taught you on your very first day of school, back on our planet…?”

DD giggled “I never forgot it. Snap, clap and chuckle."

At the end of the song, the two cousins shared a chuckle, and soon they arrived at Cheerilee’s school, and there were lots of children in playground. Buddy Rose promised to pick DD up at the end of the day. “You have fun now.” he said as he hugged his little cousin “And don’t you worry, you’re going to fit in just fine.” Then he flew off for New Sweet Apple Acres to tend to his garden.

DD gazed into the yard and felt a little nervous, until she tapped and clapped her hooves and gave a little chuckle. She walked through the schoolyard, and there was no place she couldn’t look without seeing other ponies playing. Earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns, and there were one or two space alicorns, but sadly they were being picked on and mocked by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They were mocking them due to their not having cutie marks, which automatically made them losers to them.

“Blank Flanks!” mocked Diamond “And who do you think you are with those silly numbers, escaped prisoners?” Silver Spoon mockingly hollered out for the royal guards “We have two escape convicts. Send them back to jail.”

“Hey!” snapped DD “Leave them alone!”

Diamond and Silver turned and saw her, and the second they saw she had no cutie-mark. “Look, Silver…” said Diamond “A new blank flank to join the herd.” She and Silver laughed, but DD didn’t find anything funny.

The Cutie-Mark Crusaders were watching from the jungle gym, and they felt outraged by the way Diamond and Silver were being so unfair. “Ooh one of those days…!” grumbled Scootaloo “One of these days…!” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom calmed her down, but they didn’t recognize the red pony. “She must be new here.” said Sweetie “And it looks like she’s off to a bad start.”

Apple Bloom suddenly got the idea to help the new student “Isn’t that what the crusaders are all about-- helpin’ others?” The others nodded and put their hands in together, “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TO THE RESCUE!!” they cheered, but before they could do anything the bell rang and it was time for class.



Once all the students were in their seats, Cheerilee tapped her ruler on the desk. “Okay, everyone we have a new student joining us today. This is Daphne Dil; she’s the cousin of Starfleet fighter, Buddy Rose. Now you all remember how difficult it was on your first days so I want you to try being nice to her.”

The students all nodded, and Daphne smiled and allowed them to call her by her nickname-- DD.

Cheerilee let her have the vacant seat next to Diamond Tiara. DD recognized her immediately as that awful filly that was picking on her and the other unicorns. “Are you okay, DD?” asked Cheerilee. DD nodded and took her seat. She was feeling rather nervous but couldn’t do her tap-clap-chuckle.

As Cheerilee went on with the lessons, Diamond and Silver kept whispering to one another about ways to get the new filly in trouble. While Cheerilee’s back was turned. Diamond crumpled up a few pieces of paper into balls and pitched them right at DD, one after another. DD was growing very annoyed, but just kept quiet and kept her attention focussed.

The crusaders saw everything, and were prepared to make Diamond pay for what she was doing. All of them crumpled up some paper balls of their own and ready to throw her…

“Ahem!”

Sweetie Belle turned and saw Cheerilee standing in front them tapping her foot. She didn’t look a bit pleased. “Girls, you know the rule!” she said “No throwing things.”

“But Ms. Cheerilee…” said Apple Bloom.

“No buts!” Cheerilee cut in “You can all tell me about it while you wash the blackboards after school.”

DD felt sorry for the girls, and angrily glared at Diamond. She just blew a mean, yet quiet raspberry at her. DD still did nothing, but during recess. She tapped, clapped, and chuckled as she worked up her courage to approach the crusaders. “Excuse me?” she said.

The crusaders turned to face her, but they weren’t angry at all and invited her to play with them. Together the four of them had a wonderful time building sand-castles and trenches, and even made sand-drawings. DD was starting to feel maybe she fit in, and then she asked about Diamond and Silver. “Are they always this mean?”

“Sometimes way worse.” said Scootaloo.

“Eeyup, like an old stubborn mule with an itch on its back.” added Apple Bloom. The girls all laughed at that remark, but their moment was interrupted when Diamond and Silver came along laughing at the four of them as well. “Guess it’s true what they say; Blank Flanks have to stick together.” Diamond mocked. Silver laughed and added “Now the loser trio has become the loser quartet!”

The crusaders and DD were not amused, but did nothing to avoid getting the crusaders into any more trouble. “What’s she got against blank flanks, anyway?” asked DD. The crusaders lamented over how they felt about still not having cutie-marks of their own. All the things they had done, tried, and then did and tried again. “Absolutely nothing works.” said Scootaloo. “But we’re not about to give up.” Apple Bloom said with pride. Sweetie Belle nodded and added “We’re going to continue to try until we finally earn our cutie marks and others recognize us for our talents whatever they may be.”

“THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!!” all three of them shouted. DD was impressed at such determination. “And…” Sweetie Belle said “We’ll help you, Daphne Dill, to find your cutie mark someday.”

“Huh?” remarked DD "Um, wait a minute..."

“That’s right.” said Applebloom “DD, consider this your honorary admittance into the cutie mark crusaders.”

DD felt flattered, and happy that it seemed she had made friends, but there was something about her the crusaders didn’t quite seem to understand, and before she could tell them, the bell rang-- recess was over.


Cheerilee got the children to doing art collages of what they’d want to look like in a dream, or in a real life, things like that. She also allowed them to work in teams, and the crusaders allowed DD to be on their team. It was decided to make pictures of what kind of cutie marks they would’ve liked to have. Only DD wasn’t so sure. She tried to explain why, but the crusaders hardly gave her a chance to speak.

DD was growing nervous again, and did her little tap, clap, and chuckle. “Why do you keep doing that?” asked Sweetie. DD explained it was a special thing her cousin taught her to do whenever she was feeling nervous. “It helps me build up my courage.” she said.

The others thought it was strange, but they tried themselves. They gave a tap, a clap and a chuckle, but this only earned them more ridicule from Diamond and Silver. “Wow! Now you can really earn your cutie marks.” Diamond mocked, “Yeah, by being the goofiest in all of New Ponyville!” added Silver.

“Why you…!” growled Applebloom as she grabbed the paste and looked as if she wanted to fling it right at her. “No!” said DD stopping her “Never mind her. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

Diamond and Silver gawked in shock, but the crusaders were amazed by DD’s calm reactions to Diamond and Silver’s bullying, and this was what gave DD the idea of how to do her side of the collage.

When Cheerilee announced for everyone to clean up, she went around the room and admired everyone’s work. Diamond and Silver had a made a collage of themselves, of course, as well respected ladies of society. “Pure egotism.” whispered Scootaloo. The others giggled, but Diamond heard them and she hated it when her art was insulted like that. She whispered something to Silver as a plan to get back at the crusaders, and maybe finally get DD into trouble as well.

Cheerilee was impressed by many of the pictures made, and no surprises what the crusaders had made, pictures of themselves as full-fledged super heroes with capes and masks, and CMC marks on their chests for “Cutie-Mark Crusaders.”

“Very impressive, girls...” Cheerilee said. The crusaders smiled, but they asked DD about hers not being like theirs. DD had made a picture of herself just as she was, with no change or significance added whatsoever. “I think I know what it means.” Cheerilee said “DD, are you happy just the way you are?”

DD nodded and explained in front of the whole class that she didn’t mind being a blank flank. “I’m going to be one for life.”

“WHAT?!” snapped the crusaders.

“Yeah…” said DD “See, I’m an original space alicorn, from Unicornicopia. Our entire race originally started when Grand Ruler Celesto created the first 100 space ponies by using a combination of DNA and his own magic, and because the Grand Ruler was already too magical to ever get a cutie mark of his own, it’s that same magic that created us space ponies that prevents it.

I can’t and won’t ever have a cutie-mark. It just won’t sink into me. That’s why I wear this armor vest with a code on it. It’s my own special mark and identification.”

A lot of the students and even Cheerilee were impressed to hear of such a tale.

“Besides…” DD continued “Even if we could earn cutie marks, I’m not so sure if I’d like to have one anyway.” The students all looked very concerned when she said that. How could someone not even consider wanting a cutie mark, and DD explained bravely that she thought it was just plain silly. “Do you really to have a picture on your flank to show your special talent or part of your personality? No, that’s not who you really are. I know I can do lots of things already, and there’s a lot more things I know I can learn to do, and I don’t think I need a mark to tell me that for me. I’m happy to be who I am, cutie mark or not.”

A lot of the students clapped in applause, and Cheerilee was very proud and impressed. “That was wonderful, DD.” she said “And you know what…” she walked over to her desk, pulled out a gold-star magnet and placed it on the magnetic board of the names and all the stars earned and she placed the star over DD’s name. “You’ve earned it.”

DD felt very happy, and nervous at the same time, but she decided not to do her tap, clap and chuckle.

Diamond and Silver were not impressed at all, and they readied paper balls covered in paste to throw at DD, only they added a little too much paste and it drizzled down on their hands. “EWW!!” they both cried as they flicked and flapped their hooves desperately trying to get the balls off them. Finally, the paper balls flew off their hands but instead of landing on DD, they hit Cheerilee instead. The other students gasped hard, and Cheerilee’s features hardened. She walked over to the naughty fillies with the two paper balls stuck in her mane. “Girls!” she snapped. Diamond and Silver tried to weasel their way out of it, “I saw you both…” their teacher said “And as punishment, you’ll both be staying afterschool to sweep the floor of the classroom for a full week. Is that clear?”

“Yes, Ms. Cheerilee.” the girls replied.



After school, Diamond and Silver were already working hard to sweep the floors as told, it was going to be a long job as all the glitter and paste drops and bits and pieces from art time were still all over the place, and they spent more time arguing with each other and complaining about the mess and getting dirty than working.

The crusaders, however, had finished washing the blackboards and were free to go. They ran into DD on their way out.

“DD?” said Sweetie Belle “We just wanted to say thanks.”

“What for…?” DD asked.

“Well, we’ve always acted a bit silly over our not having any cutie marks for a long time, and it often leads us to disaster.” said Scootaloo.

“But after you just spilled your heart out like that… you gave us new confidence in ourselves.” said Apple Bloom “And we’re sorry we acted a little silly in front of you earlier.”

DD smiled and forgave them. “Can I still be a crusader though?” she asked.

“Are you kiddin’? Of course you can.” said Apple Bloom with glee. “Even though you’ll never have a cutie-mark, the crusaders still help others, and that’s just as important.” said Scootaloo. DD smiled. It had only her first day of her new school and already she had made three new friends and even earned a gold star-- perfect to inspire her for her letter to palace.



Dear Queen Celestia and Grand Ruler Celesto…

Today I made new friends and all because I was just being myself and being openly honest about something I feel about cutie marks. I also know that others should tolerate and appreciate those who don’t have what they have, and shouldn’t make a big deal out of it. True talent and friendship comes from believing and trying your best, not from symbols and from what other say is right to them.

I hope one day, everyone will learn to appreciate everyone for who they are.



The Queen and Grand Ruler finished reading the letter together and both felt proud of the little filly. Grand Ruler especially, knowing that under his pants his flank was blank and always would be, but that didn’t make him any less important or different from others.

The painting of Celestia’s mark shimmered on the front of the bodice on her royal gown, and he gazed into her eyes, “It suits you, darling.”

“Thank you.” his wife said softly at him and they softly rubbed their cheeks together passionately.



(Promo)

In our next episode, Fluttershy falls ill and is rushed to the hospital where Dr. Penny plans to operate on her, only to fall victim to the changelings’ evil plot. Now Penny is planning more than just surgery on Fluttershy and the gang doesn’t seem to know about it.

Will Fluttershy survive? Can her friends save her and the possessed doctor?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Operation Emergency”)