• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 457 Views, 1 Comments

Sour Sweet takes a Nature Walk - Luna T Nox



Sour Sweet is having a low mood day. She decides to walk the trails of the nearby state park. She runs across a pink girl entertaining a group of kids.

  • ...
 1
 457

Everfree State Park (Newly Updated)

Sour Sweet walked through Everfree State Park. She was having a rough week, and felt a stroll through a nature park would help her collect her thoughts and emotions. As she exited the forest section of the trail she was on. She came upon a large clearing with picnic tables and a few open air pavilions. Just so happened she wasn’t alone in the clearing. A girl, with cotton candy pink hair, was entertaining a group of kids near one of the open air pavilions. Sour decided to walk up to the back of the pavilion. Where she was close enough to hear the girl and the kids she was entertaining. Sour sat at the nearby picnic table and watched the girl.

“Another, another” a few kids shouted as the pink girl took a break to hear her audience's cheers.

“Okie Dokie, how about a few balloon animals?” She called to her audience. The kids cheered. The girl started by ripping a balloon off her skirt, leaving the balloon embroidery on her skirt with two balloons. She blew up the balloon and asked “what should I make first, guys?” The kids started shouting different things. “I heard a giraffe” she called to the kids. She began twisting the balloon every which way. When she stopped the balloon now looked like a dog with a long neck. “Okay what next?” she continued making animals, pulling balloons from her a pocket of the waist apron she’d been wearing.

Sour was giggling a little in her head, at the reactions of the kids had to the pink girl. The little show had distracted her from her worrisome thoughts, though her expression was still that of a pout. The pink girl just kept the kids laughing.

o0o0o0o

|||||||

Sour Sweet didn’t even notice how long she had been watching, when the pink girl ended her little performance. Having come out of her trance, she got up to make her way back on to the trail. Her previous thoughts coming right back to the front of her mind. She was stopped when the pink girl called after her. “Hey, Sour Sweet!” Sour Sweet turned around to see the girl running up to her.

“Yes? …Actually how do you know my name?” Sour Sweet answered with a tinge of suspicion in her voice.

“Sorry, yeah we don’t actually know each other do we.” The pink girl replied miming a fist to the head. “Anyways I’m Pinkie Pie. We met at the Friendship Games. I noticed you were watching me from the back of the pavilion. I also noticed you weren’t really smiling. And that is just no good to me. So I wanted to see if I could make you smile.” Pinkie had said her whole introduction in a single breath to Sour Sweet’s amazement.

“Okay let’s see if I understand you correctly.” Sour Sweet began “you’re a CHS student from the Friendship Games.” Pinkie nodded “And you saw me watching and noticed I wasn’t smiling. Then decided you had to make me smile”

“Yepperoni” Pinkie shot back, nodding her head even harder.

Sour Sweet just decided to turn around and continue her way on the trail. Rolling her eyes as she started on her way. As she got back on the trail she heard the sound of someone running.

“Hey, wait up!” Pinkie yelled as she came up beside Sour and started walking beside her.

“Look it’s nice of you to want to make me smile” Sour started “But I’m not really in the mood to act happy”

“Oh come on, at least let me try and make you laugh” Pinkie pleaded.

The two of them walked along the trail. Sour just ignored the pink girl beside her. Pinkie was trying to think of something she could do to make the Yellow skinned girl laugh or smile. Both continued along the trail for a few minutes. ”So are you just going to keep following me?” Sour asked the prancing pink girl beside her.

“Yeah until I can make you either smile or laugh” Pinkie affirmed. Sour, who had spent most of her day holed up in her head, was beginning to get a tinge of irritation for the girl. Pinkie just got her first idea on how to bring Sour Sweet out of her sadness. Pinkie threw a banana peel, from who knows where, in front of herself and performed a pratfall. Sour didn’t even slow down and walked right by the fallen girl. “Ah come on that one is usually a sure fire to get a reaction” Pinkie whined as she got up and ran backup to Sour’s side.

“Sorry, as I said I’m not really in a mood to smile or be happy” Sour retorted to the pink girl. Pinkie’s hair deflated a little.

After a long pause of them just walking farther down the trail, Pinkie asked a simple question “so what has gotten you into this Downy McFrowny Face mood?”

After a long sigh Sour guessed it wouldn’t hurt to humor the girl a little. “To be honest Pinkie, I don’t really know myself. I mean before today I was my usual sarcastic arrogant self. But I just woke up this morning and everything felt off. Like being sarcastic wasn’t going to keep my mind from the fact CPA is still an antisocial school, even with Dean Cadence being the new Principle; or the fact I can't help counting the days till I have another mental episode. I just lost a lot of my confidence and arrogance. And now I’m here walking next you in a forest, telling you how lost I feel.” Sour solemnly explained. “Gah! Why am I even telling you any of this? We don’t even really know each other.” Sour began to fret.

“Okay calm down” Pinkie cooed “Yes, we don’t really know each other. But I’m serious about making you smile.” Pinkie explained in a subdued but still cheery tone. “So you just woke up this morning and suddenly everything bad has come into focus?” Pinkie paused and looked to Sour for a reply. Sour hesitated, but then simply nodded. “Okay, I’ve been there. Paranoid, afraid, anxious, and depressed. I’m still on the right track with how your feeling, Sour?”

“Yes, that would about some up the emotions. I’m currently feeling.” Sour replied, now hugging herself and having a hard time actually looking at the pink girl. Her emotions were starting to build up.

Pinkie pause to think for how to continue helping cheer up Sour Sweet. The trail opened to a large expanse of prairie fields. The trail lead windily through the center of the fields. “Okay Sweet. The last time I was in a similar mood to how you are now. What brought me out of my fog, was my friends.” Pinkie started as they made their way through the prairie fields. “So icing, you have any friends?” Pinkie asked sweetly. Sour nodded still hugging herself. “Well where are they? Can't you talk to them?” Pinkie asked.

Sour shook her head “No, they’re all busy today.” Sour started shaking at the thought of not being able to rely on her friends in the present. She was beginning to feel very small in her own head.

Pinkie quickly wrapped her arms around Sour Sweet. Noticing how much the girl seemed to be shivering. “Okay! I’m officially making myself your shoulder friend for the day. Can you let me do that?” Sour moved to let Pinkie hug her tighter and nodded her head into Pinkie’s shoulder. Pinkie couldn’t see, but there was a faint smile on Sour’s face.

Once Sour had recovered from her little anxiety attack. Pinkie and her continued walking along the trail through the fields. They both decided to sit on a bench, near to where the trail entered back into the forest. They sat there, Sour laying her head on Pinkie’s shoulder, just enjoying the sounds and sights of the forest animals.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes. Pinkie was the one too break the silence. "You know this reminds of days when I would watch my twin sister, Marble" Pinkie chuckled a little before continuing "She loves being in a forest. She'd always jump around these prairie patches. Always took Maud and I 10 minutes to find her when it was time to go"

Sour's smile had grown a bit since the two had sat down. Her thoughts had dissipated a bit. Sour started chuckling when Pinkie started shooting flies with her hand in the shape of a pistol. To Sour's amazement the flies kept dropping to the ground. The two kept sitting there, Sour with her head on Pinkie's shoulder.

o0o0o0o

|||||||

“So Sour, you feeling better?” Pinkie asked. It was now late afternoon and the sun was hidden behind the forest’s trees. Sour nodded while still laying on Pinkie’s shoulder. Pinkie pulled out her phone and checked the time. Pinkie bolted stiff seeing the time “Crap! I promised Mrs. Cake I would work close today.”

Sour sat up at the sudden jolt of motion. “Hey don’t leave me just yet?!” Pinkie stood up and looked at Sour Sweet with a calming smile.

“Oh don’t worry. If you’d like you can hangout with me at Sugarcube Corner?” Pinkie reassured the still sad, but calmer girl.

“I… I think I’d like that.” Sour said. Then stood up and patted herself down. The two followed the trail back
to the Nature Building, where they both had conveniently parked.

o0o0o0o

|||||||

Soured followed Pinkie’s car to Sugarcube Corner. The two girls walked into the confectionery bakery. “Sorry for being a little late Mrs. Cake.” Pinkie said passing Mrs. Cake to get into her uniform. Sour took a seat in a booth near the shop’s counter. Short bit later Pinkie was standing behind the register. There were a few customers in the shop, but was still rather slow for almost being the evening.

When Sour caught Pinkie having a break from customers. She asked inquisitively “So what does a CHS student get off from consoling a Crystal Prep student?”

Pinkie just shrugged “I don't know. I just always feel like making new friends and making people happy.” Pinkie pulled a chocolate glazed donut from the case and offered it to Sour Sweet “Here on the house!”

“Thanks” Sour took the offered donut. “How did you know I liked chocolate glazed donuts?” Sour asked, amazed that Pinkie just gave her her favorite type of donut.

“Don’t know. I just kinda have a good intuition for what people like” Pinkie answered waving her hand in a dismissive shrug. “Hey, you said you have friends. What are they like? Oh oh, are they the girls from your team during the Friendship Games?”

“Actually to that last question. Yes, they are the girls from my Friendship Games team.” Sour Started. ”There’s Sunny Flare who I’ve known since elementary school. Than there’s Sugarcoat and Lemon Zest who I met in middle school. And last is Indigo Zap who I met freshman year at Crystal Prep.” she raised a finger for each friend she recounted. Pinkie was clearly in thralled with by how she was looking at Sour. Sour was intimidated Pinkie's soul invading stare. “Okay! Okay, I’ll actually describe their personalities. Just try to be less soul prying” Sour blanched from Pinkie’s smiling stare.

“Okay, so Sunny is probably the most level headed of us. She tends to be our groups voice of reason. Than there’s Lemon and Indigo, who both come up with the wildest activities for us to do while hanging. I tend to enable them in doing said wild activities. Well when I’m not mentally unstable, as you found me today. Thanks again for the consoling.”

“What’s a friend for.” Pinkie said smiling

“Okay, whose left?” Sour asked having been momentarily distracted. “Ah yes, Sugarcoat. She's very blunt, but also very honest. She’s always stating the facts as they are.” Sour finished “So yeah there’s my squad.”

“Oh they sound like an interesting bunch” Pinkie replied wide eyed.

“Yeah they can be.” Sour answered smiling “Well Pinkie you’ve been a great help to me today. Even though I found you annoying at first. So here’s my number, call me if you want to hang in the future” Sour got up and handed the napkin with her number on it to Pinkie. She gently bowed to Pinkie before making her way out of Sugarcube Corner.

o0o0o0o

|||||||

Sour was about to open the door of here car, when her text tone went off. She pulled out her phone and opened the message. She didn’t recognize the number. But she knew who sent it.

How about next Thursday after school?

Sour texted back a single word.

Sure

Author's Note:

As always Thanks for Reading

I originally wanted to write this as a shipfic. But decided to make it a "Pinkie makes another friend" fic.

I'm leaving this as complete. But I might come back to this to add more story.

Again Thanks for Reading. And I'm always looking for criticism, both good and bad.

Updated: I've updated this fic. And am announcing that I'm going to try and expand this into a Series of fics.

Comments ( 1 )

Wow that was fast

Login or register to comment