• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 928 Views, 191 Comments

Space Horse - TheMajorTechie



Gadget has finally completed her portal back to Equestria. Except... that's not where the portal leads.

  • ...
4
 191
 928

Log 4127: Of COURSE there's a data breach.

'Cause who else would want full control of potential trade relations with Equestria then a band of no-gooders who just want to fill their pockets with other people's suffering?

Now, I'm not gonna name any specific groups, considering how these guys were able to get past more proxies and firewalls than I can count on my hooves...

... Actually, that's not really all that much. Uh, more than the hairs on my tail?

EITHER WAY... We're now dealing with a group that may potentially build their own portal for the sake of ransacking Equestria. At least, that's what I've been assuming for a while.

Currently, my main question is, why? I mean, sure it's possible that they may have the technical knowledge to completely redirect the portal to a different universe, but the odds of them getting to the one they want is very slim if they don't have anything originating from the aforementioned universe.

But... yea, there's not much we can do right now except to trace whatever digital "fingerprints" the culprits may have left behind, but if these guys are professional, like as in, "digital mercenary" special, than we're pretty much screwed.

At least even though they grabbed large portions of our databases, they don't have the complete set of work. 'Cause y'know, sometimes, keeping a few files offline saves you quite a headache.