• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 928 Views, 191 Comments

Space Horse - TheMajorTechie



Gadget has finally completed her portal back to Equestria. Except... that's not where the portal leads.

  • ...
4
 191
 928

Log 4122: Square One

Ugh. I really should stop waking up like this whenever I'm in some sort of space vehicle. It reminds of of waking up confused in space.

Wait. Where are we?

I see water, more water, even more water... and apparently I'm drenched in... saltwater? Welp. I'm sure glad that this tablet's waterproofed... not to mention the fact that it's easily hidden pretty much anywhere now as long as I cloak it properly.

Crap. Um... there's gravity, so we're back on Earth, but I'm not entirely sure if we're on actual ground.

"Ranell?" I called out, lifting myself from the seat, "Hello? Anyone?"

Nothing.

"Delmar?"

No reply.

Cautiously, I began to climb towards the cockpit, fearful of what I could encounter. Suddenly, I felt the entire shuttle jerk back a bit, sending me tumbling back into the seats.

"ONE, TWO, THREE, TUG!"

The shuttle lurched another couple inches.

"ALRIGHTY, OPEN 'ER UP AND GET THE LASS OUT!"

Hm... I think I'd better disguise myself...

There. That's better.


I opened the ceiling hatch of the shuttle, climbing out carefully to avoid falling into what I assume is the ocean. Delmar and Ranell were watching nearby on a beach, and as for the shuttle, a group of burly men were slowly but surely dragging it onto a dock.

"Ah. Awake now, are ya?" laughed a man wearing a bandanna, "You's boyfriend over there told meh that you was sleepin' in their sinkin' ship."

"Wait, sinking?" I returned in surprise, glancing back towards the shuttle. "Couldn't they have brought me out themselves?"

Ranell stuffed his hands in his pockets nervously. "We tried to, but... by the time we were able to get the raft inflated, the shuttle had already begun to fill a bit with seawater, so we thought that it'd be best to shut the hatch and flag down a fishing boat or something. I promise you that we didn't try to abandon the shuttle or anything. Ask Delmar if you want his side of the story. He'll say the same."

I looked to Delmar, who was already nodding.

"So, where are we, anyways?"

Ranell shrugged. "Honestly, I'm not all that sure. All I know is that somewhere along the line I must've accidentally disabled autopilot or something, 'cause the ship's dash told me that we missed the landing pad by a few hundred miles.

"Why didn't I feel anything when the shuttle hit the water?" I asked, turning back towards said shuttle. "Oh."

So apparently, Ranell managed to screw up autopilot, but at the same time deploy enough parachutes to look like we killed a swarm of jellyfish.

Author's Note:

Woo hoo! We've gone from stranded in space to stranded on a fishing island! (Though I'm not naming any specific location. 'Yknow, just to keep it vague for the sake of vagueness.)