• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 583 Views, 94 Comments

Spring Break - Bahamut0



Burst and friends need some downtime after their latest adventure. Luckily, spring break has just hit.

  • ...
8
 94
 583

A love of light and darkness

The next day, Burst and Moon were resting together in the park. Moon sighed happily as she curled up against Burst. "You know, I think it's these moments that really say a lot." Moon smiled as she looked up at Burst. "Reminds me of when we shared our first kiss."

"Yeah. Moments like these are pretty special.", Burst said with a smile. "Nice and quiet. And just the two of us."

"Maybe we could get a bit...closer.", Moon said with a sultry tone as she took hold of one of Burst's hands.

Burst blushed. "Uh...maybe not..."

Moon pouted. "What's wrong Burst? We've shared a bed together. I thought you'd have no problem getting more intimate."

Burst sighed. "But I've never felt you up before! I...I just don't want to seem like a creep. You're beautiful Moon. But I love you for more than your body. You're incredibly dedicated, and very loving."

Moon smiled at Burst as she got on top of him. "Burst. My beloved...", she moaned. "You truly are special. It's sweet of you to consider my feelings. But remember..." Moon caressed Burst's face. "You belong to me, and I belong to you. So don't be afraid to get a bit more...hands-on." Moon smiled at Burst with lidded eyes. Burst's hands wrapped around Moon's back and began to run them along her body. "Not so bad, right?"

Burst lightly blushed. "You do have a nice body. I guess that's one of the reasons I've been able to sleep so well when we share the bed."

"Maybe tonight I can make our position a bit more intimate." Moon nuzzled Burst's neck before looking him in the eyes. "Burst?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever...regret it?"

"What do you mean Moon?"

"Choosing me."

Burst frowned as he cupped Moon's face. "Moon. I don't regret choosing you. I love you." Burst then sighed. "I only regret that between you and Celestia, one of you would walk away hurt. You were alone for over a thousand years back in Equestria. To just leave you alone like that, after how welcome I made you feel...it wouldn't have been right."

Moon smiled, but then noticed something. "Excuse me Burst. There's something I need to take care of. I won't be too long..." Moon got up and walked over to a nearby tree. "You can come on out Celestia. I know you're there."

Celestia stepped out from behind the tree, and looked at Moon. "How did you spot me?"

"I'm the former alicorn of the night. I KNOW when someone's hiding.", Moon answered. "So? Making sure that I'm taking good care of Burst?"

Celestia sighed. "No. I'm watching because I miss him. I miss holding him. Being with him. He gave me happiness no grown man ever gave me." Celestia then began to tear up. "And I gave him up because I thought he needed to mature. That caused him pain no physical wound could ever cause. But ironically, he was the one who was mature with his loss. At night, I can't help but wonder how I messed this up so badly." Celestia held herself. "When I was with him, I felt..."

"...Like everything's all right.", Moon finished. "That's just the kind of person Burst is. But you're not the only one who hurt him. I hurt Burst too. I revived Sombra, and ordered him to keep an eye on Burst and his friends. But I underestimated his thirst for vengeance, and he convinced you to leave Burst. When I first caught sight of Burst, I wanted him solely because of his looks. But over time, I began to see the guy he was. He made me feel like I had a home. Like I didn't have to be alone anymore. Even despite me unintentionally orchestrating his first break-up. Sometimes I wonder if I even deserve Burst." A stray tear fell down Moon's cheek, and she wiped it away. "But whenever moments like that happen, I just look at his smile. It tells me all I need to know. The love he has in his heart knows no limit from what I've seen." Moon then smiled. "Despite both of us hurting him in someway, he holds no animosity towards either of us. In fact, he only regrets the fact that he had to choose between us."

"How do you know that?", Celestia asked.

"He told me earlier.", Moon said with a smile. "If it weren't for me...you two would still be happy together..."

"If Burst and I were still together, you'd still be alone.", Celestia said with a small smile. "You wouldn't have changed. And you wouldn't have the friends you have now. I know that...because I did some growing myself. It's like Burst said. Both of us wanted his love. It was just a question of who needed it. Moon. That was you." Celestia and Moon shared a hug. "If I can't be happy with Burst, I'll at least be happy for him. I wish you two nothing but the best."

"You know, I actually said the same thing to Burst before he made his decision.", Moon said with a smile as she walked back to Burst. "Sorry that took so long." Moon resumed the prior position she was in. "Hope you didn't get lonely."

"So did you and Celestia have a nice talk?"

"How did you know?!"

"I can sense energy. Remember? I could sense her watching us. I hope she finds someone."

"She will Burst. In your famous words: 'No one should have to be alone.'" Burst and Moon smiled lovingly at each other as they continued to hold each other tightly. Celestia watched them with a fond smile as she left.