• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 584 Views, 94 Comments

Spring Break - Bahamut0



Burst and friends need some downtime after their latest adventure. Luckily, spring break has just hit.

  • ...
8
 94
 584

Your Shadow

"So it looks like we're finally having a REAL break from all the excitement.", Starlight said with a smile.

"Yeah." Shadow breathed a sigh of relief. "Sombra. Tirek. Paradox. Camp Everfree. But worst of all was Blitz." Shadow shivered. "Even if it's for just a little while, at least we've got a few moments of peace."

"Can't argue with that logic." Starlight's mind then drifted to her own journey. "So much has happened to me in such a short time. I got manipulated by a powerful evil sorcerer, I got a boyfriend, and I got a brand new deck."

"And I was with you every step of the way. Like your Shadow."

"...You've been waiting to say a line like that for a while. Haven't you?", Starlight asked with a smirk.

"Hey. Someone's gotta come up with some kind of romantic phrase for our relationship."

Starlight winked. "I didn't say it wasn't good. And, it's kind of true. You're always with me, and I've never been apart from you for long. You even rushed in to save me from Paradox's lair. That one was pretty stupid. But also very sweet..." Starlight kissed Shadow on the cheek. "And it'll be my turn to surprise you at the beach trip."

"Oh really? How's that?", Shadow asked with a smile.

Starlight giggled playfully. "Let's just say you'll be seeing stars when you see my swimsuit."

"Any details I should know?"

"Nope!"

"What?! Come on Star! At least give me a hint!"

"You're just going to have to wait.", Starlight said with a smirk. "Unless you're desperate enough to follow me into a changing room."

Shadow frowned. "Oh now you're just playing dirty Star!"

"I gotta keep you guessing you somehow.", Starlight said with a giggle. "Wouldn't be much fun if I gave away everything, now would it? I thought a guy named Shadow would be good at keeping secrets."

Shadow sighed. "Fine. You win. Plus, you are someone worth waiting for. I was the last of my friends to get a girlfriend. And all that waiting paid off when I met you."

"Like I said. You're sweet Shadow.", Starlight said with a loving smile. "Now come on. All that sweet talk has got me craving a soda!"

Shadow smiled. "Next stop, Sugar Cube Corner!"