• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 584 Views, 94 Comments

Spring Break - Bahamut0



Burst and friends need some downtime after their latest adventure. Luckily, spring break has just hit.

  • ...
8
 94
 584

Family

North had journeyed to Sweet Apple Acres to meet Applejack's family. Needless to say, AJ was pleasantly surprised to see him. "Mornin' North! What brings you here?"

"Simple. I wanted to meet your family.", North said with a family. "That is, if they're not busy at the moment."

"Actually, yer just in time fer breakfast! Hope you like apple cinnamon waffles."

"One of my favorites lass! Lead the way!"

Applejack smiled as she led North inside. "Everyone! Say hi to Magnet North!"

"Call me North for short please.", North said with a polite smile.

"So yer the young fella that's got smitten with Applejack.", Granny Smith said with a smile. "No wonder she's talkin' about you so much! Yer quite the looker and yer a real charmer ta boot!"

"Granny!", Applejack snapped!

Apple Bloom had a contemplative look on her face. "Hmmm. Hey North!"

"Yes? What is it?"

"Are you a prince? Ya look like one out of the old story books Applejack used ta read to me as a little kid."

Applejack went pale for a moment. "Now Apple Bloom. That's mighty rude ta ask!"

North smiled. "That's very nice of you to say. But I'm no royal. It's sweet that you and your big sister are so close."

Apple Bloom beamed. "Thanks!"

Applejack couldn't help but smile. "Well you've already met Granny and Apple Bloom. Then there's mah brother. Big Mac." Applejack pointed to a tall boy who was munching away at his waffles.

"Howdy.", Big Mac said with a smile.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?", North asked.

Big Mac nodded. "Eeeeeyup."

"So, that's mah family. We've been together through thick and thin.", Applejack said with a proud smile as she picked up a photo with her entire family in it. "We're Apples to the core. The reunions are somethin' else with everyone together. We all live far apart, but we're pretty close." North smiled at the picture.

"If yer parents could see you now...", Granny Smith said with a small smile. "You seem like fine young fella North."

North blushed a little. "You flatter me ma'am. But it's you who should be proud. Applejack is a fine girl. And she's part of a good family." North's smile dropped a little. "It was lovely meeting all of you. So, I'll be off." Applejack picked up on North's slight drop in mood, and followed him outside.

"North? Care to explain why you were about to mope back there?"

"It's...nothing important lass."

"Yer a terrible liar.", Applejack said flatly. "Somethin's getting at you. And Ah'm bettin' it's got somethin' to do with your family."

North sighed. "Nothing gets by you lass. Thought that only adds to your charm." North closed his eyes for a moment before addressing Applejack again. "The fact is, I have no family. At least, none I feel a part of."

"Gee. That's mighty awful. Care to elaborate?"

"As you know, I am a prince due to my relation to the king of England. But the rest of my family isn't as closely knit as yours. In fact, they're quite reclusive. The only time they ever got together was with a formal summons from my grandfather the king. But none of them cared to actually socialize with each other, and they usually just bragged over how much wealth they had and whatnot. My cousins were all spoiled brats. So as you see, I never really had much of a family except for my parents. I guess I was a bit jealous of how close your family was in that photo."

"Shoot, sugar cube. You don't have to feel lonesome anymore!"

"What do you mean?"

"Yer datin' me North. That makes you an honorary part of the family. Truth be told...I'm a sucker for guys that can open up like that." Applejack blushed lightly at her ending remark.

"And I like a girl who's genuine like you.", North said as he hugged Applejack tightly. "One kiss before I go?"

Applejack smiled as she kissed North. "Remember. You've always got a home with me. You'll always have a family." North hugged her tightly. "Now come on. Ah'm sure those waffles aren't gonna eat themselves."