• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 583 Views, 94 Comments

Spring Break - Bahamut0



Burst and friends need some downtime after their latest adventure. Luckily, spring break has just hit.

  • ...
8
 94
 583

The Sidelines

"...And then I whipped out Rainbow Dragon and scored the final attack! Pretty awesome right?", Rainbow Dash boasted to Steel. But to Rainbow's shock, Steel's mind seemed to be elsewhere. Rainbow pouted as she knocked on his forehead. "Yo! Earth to Steel! You still with us?"

Steel shook his head. "Yeah. Sorry Dash. I was just thinking. That's all."

"Huh. What's got you so down?"

"The fact I'm so lame.", Steel said with a sigh.

"WHAT?! That's not true Steel! You're a great duelist! You even give me a run for my money!"

"Yeah. And despite that fact, I've always been on the sidelines. I haven't been a major player in ANY of the adventures you guys have had! And now? Now we've also got a villain still on the loose planning who knows what!"

"Steel. Listen. Whenever Blitz DOES return, we'll all face it together. I know it sucks being on the sidelines. But a pretty smart guy told me that if you just rush in, you're asking to wind up in the hospital. And I'm looking at that guy right now. Steel...ugh! This is so hard to say without being mushy!" Rainbow sighed. "Look. The point is, you gotta loosen up a bit! We've gone through a bunch of crazy battles and saved the world! So shut up and relax soldier boy!" Rainbow Dash pouted for emphasis.

Steel blinked before cracking a small smile. "I guess you could use a few chill pills yourself dragon girl. Then again, you are pretty cute when you get all flustered like that."

Rainbow Dash blushed! "Sh-shut up! Idiot." Rainbow then blushed even harder when Steel snapped a picture! "Wha-what did you just do Steel?! Who did you send that picture to?!"

Steel chuckled. "Oh, nothing. Just starting a new meme: Angry Dash is cutest Dash. Sounds nice don't you think?" As Rainbow began to fume, Steel got up and calmly walked away. "3...2..."

"STEEEEELLLL!"

"...1." Steel ran away smiling as Rainbow dash sped after him. I can't deny. She really DOES look pretty cute when she's mad. And here I am risking getting mauled by her to bring out that adorableness. Worth it. Steel just kept on running with a smile on his face with Rainbow close behind him. As she ran after him, one thought was running through Rainbow's head.

Well, at least he's smiling now...