• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 583 Views, 94 Comments

Spring Break - Bahamut0



Burst and friends need some downtime after their latest adventure. Luckily, spring break has just hit.

  • ...
8
 94
 583

Peace and Quiet

Twilight smiled as she and Nightfall headed to the library. "You know, your Cyber Dragon deck is pretty cutting edge."

"Well, I'm the next generation of duelist in my family. I figured I should get a deck that screams next-gen tech.", Night said with a grin. "You're pretty good with Dark Magician Twilight."

Twilight blushed a little. "You know, I'm surprised my big brother didn't try to threaten you. Especially if you consider your mother."

"Me too." Night's smile fell a little. "She wasn't always like that though. I remember times she actually smiled. When my dad was still around, that is."

"Is your Dad...?"

"He's...no longer with us."

"...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.", Twilight said as she hung her head in shame.

"You've got nothing to apologize for.", Night said with a small smile. "Besides. Things are getting better for me. My mom is less of a perfectionist and control freak, and I've got a cute girlfriend. So I guess you could say my life got an upgrade!"

Twilight giggled. "You know that joke was too easy, right?"

"I have a robot dragon for a monster partner. Let me have my tech puns!", Night said with a pout.

"Who said I didn't enjoy them?", Twilight said with a smile. "But more importantly, I love our trips to the library."

Night wrapped one of his arms around Twilight. "Nothing like a little peace and quiet with the one you love."

Twilight kissed Night on the cheek before they headed inside the library. "Especially if they're curled up with a good book." The two sat close to each other as they set to reading their respective piles of books.