• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 3,244 Views, 91 Comments

Finding Shining - Foal Star



Shining Armor and Cadence came back from vacation only for Shining to be turned into a foal. As Twilight and Cadence try to find the culprit, Shining suddenly dissapears! And Sunburst and Flurry Heart goes out to search for him

  • ...
8
 91
 3,244

Chapter 4: Cake Fight!


Twilight Velvet and Night Light were coming up the long, grand steps of the Crystal Palace. Some butler crystal ponies carrying suitcases packed full of stuff, were struggling to climb up the stairs along with them.


Twilight Velvet gasped as she suddenly realized and asked her husband, “Oh honey, did you get the present for Shining?!”


Night Light smirked and replied smartly, “Of course, he’s going to love it!”


Twilight Velvet laughed and said, “I hope it’s not too embarrassing for him.”


Night Light shook his head as he stated, “Of course not. I think it’ll be nostalgic for him. He used to carry that thing around the house like it was his pet. Just like how Twilight would do the same with Smarty Pants.”


Twilight Velvet hugged her husband close as she whispered, “Such wonderful memories, it’s a shame the kids grew up so fast.”


Night Light nuzzled his wife and said to her, “Well, they couldn't stay in diapers forever.”


Twilight Velvet rolled her eyes, “And why I would want them to? Remember Shining’s dirty diapers? He was such a stinky foal!”


Night Light giggled, “Yes he was, I always used to joke about what you were feeding him, and I was so glad when we finally got him potty trained. I still can’t believe how old he’s gotten.”


Twilight Velvet commented, “Yes, married to a princess and now we have a granddaughter. Great, now I’m starting to feel old.”


But Night Light shook his head, “Nope, you look as young as you did when I first met you. I don’t think you’ve aged a day, honey.”


“Oh stop teasing me, I know I’m not gonna stay young forever!” Twilight Velvet cried, lightly pushing her husband aside, causing the the couple to laugh. As they neared the giant front doors, Twilight Velvet asked, “Don't you think they could’ve met us at the train station?”


“They’re probably still setting up for the party,” Night Light explained. “Either that or they’re busy with Flurry Heart, probably diaper duty.”


The doors were pushed opened up, and what the two saw made their mouths drop! Streamers and balloons of childish colors hung all over the throne room, in the middle of the room was a playpen, with a whole bunch of foals waddling around. Surrounding it were a series comfy couches, where moms were laughing and talking to each other. Overhead was an arrangements of letters saying “Happy Birthday, Shining!”


Twilight Velvet spotted Cadence and nervously asked her, “Um...Cadence?”


Cadence quickly got up from her spot on one of the couches, hugged her in-laws, and exclaimed, “Hey, I’m so happy you could make it!”


Twilight Velvet laughed nervously and whispered, “Yes, but...um,” She looked around and asked, “Did I miss something? Because this looks like a party for foals.”


Cadence blushed and said nervously, “Well, about that...you see, Shining...he’s over here.” And she pointed to some foals playing, one was an orange coated colt, one was Flurry Heart, and another was a white coated foal. He wore a pointy party hat and had his forehooves crossed while grumbling under his breath.


But Twilight Velvet recognized the foal immediately. She gasped in surprise and whispered, “No way! Shining is a foal?!”


Night Light asked with a confused look, “But.. how did this happen?”


Cadence smiled at the two confused ponies and continued in a soothing tone, “It’s a long story. Twilight and I have been doing everything we can to fix it, and find the pony who turned him into a foal.”


Twilight Velvet asked, “So, does everypony know about that?”


Cadence giggled and whispered, “Well, everypony in the palace is under a strict order not to speak about it, and every mother here also promised to keep it secret. We’ve made arrangements to ensure they’ll keep their promises.”



Twilight Velvet eyed Cadence and questioned, “So, you thought throwing a birthday party would be appropriate?”


Cadence cooed, “Well, I thought it would be nice to throw a birthday party for Shining. I mean it is his birthday.”


Meanwhile, Night Light had already gone up to Shining and scooped him into his embrace. Shining began to squirm about, trying to break free. But Night Light hugged him close and even patted his diaper as he cooed, “Hey Shiny, it’s your daddy.”


Shining put his hooves over his eyes and his parents dawwed at this. Twilight Velvet cooed, “Oh Shiny would do this all the time when he was in trouble,” She took him into her embrace and cooed, “You trying to hide from us, crinklebutt?”


Shining began whimpering and babbling incoherently, but two words did manage to escape his mouth, “Mommy, Daddy.”


Twilight Velvet held him close and and cooed, “Yes, Shiny, Mommy is here for your birthday, and so is Daddy,” She kissed him and nuzzled him, and he started to calm down. He hugged her and began to whimper, “Mommy,” again. Twilight Velvet started to tear up as she whispered, “This...this is so surreal. This brings back so many fond memories of when you were just a baby.”


Night Light came and joined in the hug, and then Twilight Velvet said to Cadence, “Oh, almost forgot, we got a present for him.”


Cadence replied. “We’re opening presents later,” She turned to a pile of presents on a table. Twilight Velvet laughed as she asked Cadence, “How long is he going to be a foal?”


Cadence shrugged as she commented, ”For a week at most, Celestia is already working on a cure. We’ll probably hold a proper birthday party for Shining when he’s back to his normal age. Nothing special, just something for his friends and family.”


Twilight Velvet smiled and looked across to her husband before she said to Cadence, “Well, I guess we’ll go settle in. Is it okay if I help take care of him? With Flurry Heart and all the foals here, you’ve probably already got your hooves full.”


“Of course, he’s your son after all,” Cadence nodded. “I’ll have your things put away and have a room ready for you.” She explained, as the butler ponies from earlier set off, while Cadence took Velvet and Night Light’s package and placed it with the rest of the presents.


Twilight Velvet sat among the other mothers, and Starlight Glimmer as well who was fussing over the orange coated foal from earlier. Velvet asked, “Starlight, is that you?” She’d heard about Twilight taking on a student.


Starlight looked up and whispered, “You’re..you’re Twilight’s mom, right?”


Twilight Velvet nodded, “Yes, so nice to see you,” She looked down at the foal and smiled as she asked, “So, is he yours?”


Starlight gasped and shook her head, “Oh no, this is...um..this is Sunburst, he’s supposed to be Flurry Heart’s crystaller.”


Twilight Velvet's eyes went wide as she whispered, “Well, that is something. Two regressed stallions, huh?”


Another mare with a white coat and blue eyes replied, “Can you believe it?! I hope maybe my husband gets turned into a foal next! Then we’ll have all the time in the world to spend together!”


The other mares laughed as Twilight Velvet smirked. She then placed Shining down and let him crawl off to his friends. Flurry babbled as she looked at Velvet, “Is tat Gwanma?”


Shining nodded and said, “Yeah, tats ya Gwanma Vewvet, Fwuwwy.” Sunburst (having crawled off Starlight’s lap), saw Shining shaking and asked, “Awe ya newvous?”


Shining nodded, as he turned to the other foals all playing. Flurry then dragged him off to a group of foals and shouted, “Fwiends, I wan ta intwoduce ya to my daddy!”


Three foals crawled up to Shining. The first, a blue coated foal with a small silver lock for a mane and tail with silver eyes babbled,” I Tuquowise.”


A white coated foal with a brown mane and tail that was scruffy and wild with a blue pair of eyes greeted, “I Pwumice.”


“I Gemstowne.” Babbled a green coated filly with long locks of yellow for a mane and tail, with bright yellow eyes.


Shining blushed, scrunched his diaper, and whimpered as he thought “They’re just like any other citizens of the Crystal Empire.” He took a deep breath, looked the foals in the eyes, and introduced himself, “Hewwo, I Pwince Shiny of ta Cwystaw Empiwe.” He stood on his hind legs and bowed, showing off his diaper bulging around him, then he lost his balance and fell on his padded rump.


The foals all giggled as Shining blushed a deep red and went back to scrunching his diaper, trying to hide it. Pumice was the first to come up to him and asked, “So ya ta pwince of aw of ta Cwystaw Empiwe?”


Shining nodded and explained, “Yep, I ta pwince!”



Gemstone crawled up to him and babled, “Ten can ya make ta wuwes?”


Sunburst nodded and explained, “Yep, ta pwince can make ta wuwes.”


Gemstone asked, “So can ya make it tat foaws can go ta sweep wheneva we wan?”


“Yeah, no mowe bedtimes! We can stay up and pway aw day and night!” Pumice babbled.


Turquoise added, “And can ya make it so tat we can buy any toys we wan?”


Shining sighed, “Guys, ya mommys and daddys contowo aw tat. I can’t make tose kind of wuwes.”


The foals all moaned, then Gemstone asked, “So how ya wike ya diapees? Awe tey comfy?”


Shiny bounced in it a little and said, “Yeah, it’s otay. I gettin use ta tem.”



They all smiled as Sunburst bounced on his padding, “Wew diapees, I tink, awe ta best abou bein a foaw, tey jus so comfy!”


The foals all burst out laughing. Gemstone then turned to Flurry Heart and shouted, “Fwuuwy is so coow now ta ya cwystawa and daddy awe foaws!”


Flurry nodded and she crawled over to Gemstone and shouted back, “Yeah! It’s been so much fun, I hope tey stay as foaws fow a wong time!”


Shining mumbled, “Wew, we wiw see. I pwobabwy wiw onwy be wike tis fow a week.”


Turquoise turned to Shining and asked, “So, Shiny, how di ya tuwn to a foaw?”


Shining shrugged, “I dun know. Yestadaw, I got back fwom vacatiown, ten ta next thing I knew I was gwonin smawa, and I tuwned into a foaw.”


Pumice gasped, “Ya mean somepony tuwned ya tinto a foaw wike Sunnybuwst?!”


Shining nodded as the foals all babbled together and Gemstone replied, ”How abou we go find ta pony who tuwned ya into a foaw?”


“Yeah we can hewp ya and it wiw be fun!” Pumice shouted.


Shining smiled and said to the foals, “Tank ya, ta wiw be gweat.” But he was suddenly lifted up onto Cadence’s back as she cooed, “Come on, Shiny, it’s time for cake.”


Shining start to whine and kick about while crying, “Nah, I dun wan cake!”


Cadence just carried him off, the other moms taking their foals and sitting them around the dining room table, where tiny party hats were now being placed on the overly excited foals. Shining was placed into his highchair gently and Cadence patted his diaper a few times, making sure it was dry, and cooed. “You ready for some cake?” Shining only whimpered, as she placed the tray over him, took a piece of cake and placed it on his tray with a single candle in it as she instructed. “Now, let's all sing ‘Happy Birthday’ together!”


The moms (as well as Shining’s parents) all sang ‘Happy Birthday’, even Twilight and Starlight (who were in the back of the room) were singing along. Shining sighed and thought. “Well, I guess this could have been worse. I think my mom said I once messed myself during my first birthday party, thank Celestia I didn’t do it this time.”


After the singing had stopped, Cadence cooed. “Okay Shiny, blow out your candles.”


Shining took in a deep breath and spat all over his candle. He blushed into a deep red as all the mares dawwed. Twilight Velvet was flashing a camera, and all Shining could think was. “She better not show anypony those photos! Doesn’t she have enough of those embarrassing baby pictures at home?!“




The cake was cut up, and the moms began spoon feeding it to their foals. Shining looked up at Cadence who began taking pieces of cake with a spoon and cooed, “Open up, Shiny.” He just did as she asked and ate bite after bite of cake. He chowed down, actually enjoying it, when he suddenly heard, “Thwow ta cake!”


All of a sudden Sunburst began throwing cake at Shining! The cake landed on his face, making every mare gasp! Shining wiped the cake from his eyes, took his own cake, and threw it at Sunburst, the piece smacking into his face! Flurry soon picked up her part of the cake and threw it into Twilight’s face!


Soon, all the foals were throwing their cake, and smashing it on their trays! Giggling happily, while the mothers (or fathers in some cases) were quickly gathering their foals, and getting them cleaned up. Cadence took Shining who just watched the scene unfold, and stared at Sunburst who spat his tongue at him. Shining wiggled out of Cadence’s grasp, and took a piece of cake on the table, as Sunburst got one too and waddled towards him. They came up to each other stared into each other’s eyes. Shining said furiously. “So, ya stawted ta cake fight huh?! Twyin ta wuin my biwthday pawty, Sunnybuwst?!”


Sunburst grumbled, “I taught ya didn wan a foawish biwthday pawty.”


Shining replied. “So wha?! Now ya make a mess, and ya goin to get a spankie!”


“Wew, I betta make ta most of it ten!” Sunburst replied, he and Shining waddled towards each other and threw cake right into each others faces. They then stopped, plopped on their rumps, and wiped the cake from their faces, giggling at how funny they looked with cake and frosting covering their muzzles. Shining pointed to Sunburst and babbled. “Ya wook wike a snowmawe.”


“Ya wook wike a cwonw.” Sunburst replied, they both started to laugh, as Twilight took them into her magic and shouted “That's it, I warned you two about causing trouble! Both of you are getting spankings!”


But Twilight Velvet just came over and cooed. “Calm down, Twilight, they were just having fun. You and Shining used to do stuff like that all the time when you were my little foals,” She took the colts and placed them on her back as she added. “I'll get these two cleaned up. Now I’ll have an excuse to spend time with my little Shiny!”


Twilight rolled her eyes and gave a exasperated sigh, “Alright, Mom, guess I'll help Dad clean up this mess.”


Starlight came up to Twilight and asked. “Is it okay if I go with your mom to help clean them up too? Sunburst is supposed to be my responsibility after all.”


“Sure.” Twilight mumbled as Starlight set off with Twilight Velvet.


Starlight and Twilight Velvet were now busy changing the colt’s diapers (which were full of cake frosting inside and out). Starlight couldn't help but tickle Sunburst’s tummy from time to time. As Twilight Velvet was taping up Shining’s new padding, she asked. “So Starlight, you enjoying being a mom?”


Starlight giggled and blushed, “I don’t mind it, it’s been quite the experience if you ask me.”


Twilight Velvet looked over at the giggling and gurgling colt that was her son and said, “It’s so unreal, I haven’t changed a diaper in over twenty years. But somehow, it’s like it was just yesterday.”


Starlight replied, “Well...before a week ago, I’d never changed a diaper at all. I’ll bet you got lucky, my first diaper change was a stinky one from Sunburst!”


Twilight Velvet laughed, as hugged her son and patted his now clean rump. “Now let's get these two back to the party.” She cooed.


Starlight took up Sunburst and asked, “Can I ask you a question, Mrs. Sparkle?”


Twilight Velvet turned and said happily, “Sure, ask away.”


Starlight blushed and hesitated before asking, “Um...I...I wanted to ask, did you enjoy having foals?”


Twilight Velvet looked down at her son and sighed, “I won’t lie, foals are hard work. But I really do miss have Twilight and Shining in the house,” She then turned to Starlight looking at the ground and asked, “Are you thinking of having foals of your own?”


Starlight looked up and quickly replied, “Oh no, definitely not at the moment! I’m much too young! I was just wondering about how you're dealing with...you know..” She pointed her head to Shining.


Twilight Velvet laughed, “I have to admit, at first I was shocked and a bit angry at how Cadence is handling things. But I know it’s not permanent, and she promised to give him a proper birthday party once this is over. Besides, I think Shiny is slowly growing on me. I might just take him home, get him in his old crib, and wake up every few hours to either change or feed him.”


Starlight laughed, “Trust me, these two together have made me and Twilight run ragged for the past day or so. You wouldn’t believe how much trouble they’ve caused.”


Twilight Velvet whispered, “That's what I don’t miss about being a mom. That and the terrible twos phase, let’s just potty training wasn’t the only headache during that time,” Starlight laughed, as Shining began getting fussy. Twilight Velvet immediately patted him on the back until he burped, and she cooed. “Did little Shiny get gassy?”


Starlight asked in amazement! “How could you tell?”


Velvet replied with a smile. “Oh, Shining’s body language is second nature to me. You’ve probably figured out a thing or two with Sunburst.”


Starlight nodded and replied. “Yeah, I can tell when he's hungry or needs a change. Overall he's a calm foal, but he's quite the mess maker. And I think he's competing for attention with Shiny.”


Twilight Velvet then asked. “So, how is Twilight handling all of this? I know she can be stubborn at times and tries to make things more complicated than they need be. I think I was a bit less patient with getting her out of diapers than I was with Shining.”


Starlight simply replied by saying. “Oh, Twilight's been very helpful. She does a great job with Flurry Heart and Shining, despite him being a trouble maker too. She’s getting a handle on being a foalsitter. In fact I'm learning from her how to care for Sunburst.”


Starlight and Twilight Velvet were now in the main hallway, where a clown was making the foals laugh by making balloon animals and giving them to the foals. He was a crystal pony with a white make up covering his face wearing a goofy multicolored suit, a bright red bow, a big red nose, and a giant rainbow colored wig was on top of his head. But he two giant gleaming green eyes and wide goofy smile. While he continued to entertain the foals. Starlight and Twilight Velvet soon put Shining and Sunburst back in the playpen, and went off and sat next to the tired Twilight. She looked up and asked. “Hey Mom, are Shining and Sunburst all cleaned up?”


Twilight Velvet nodded and hugged her daughter as she said. “Everything’s fine, sweetheart, Shining and Sunburst are just two rambunctious foals.”


Twilight replied with a sigh. “I didn't think being a foalsitter would be this difficult. I mean they got cake literally everywhere!”


Starlight laughed! “Yeah, I can't believe how crazy Sunburst has been acting. I mean even as a school colt, he was really timid.”


Twilight nodded as she commented. “I would never imagine Shining making a mess like that either. It’s like, as foals he and Sunburst are totally different ponies.”


Twilight Velvet cooed. “Oh, you should've seen yourself as a foal. You would make Flurry Heart look like a timid Sunburst.”


Twilight blushed and whispered “I was that bad as a foal?”


Velvet hugged her daughter and nodded as she replied. “Despite how much you and Shining drove me and your dad crazy, we love you, and that's all that matters.”


Twilight hugged her mom back and asked. “But really, do you like having Shining as a foal again?”


Twilight Velvet cooed. “Of course I do, changing his diaper brought back so many memories. Hopefully later, I'll be able to feed him a bottle and put him to bed. I know your father would want to as. Speaking of your father, where did he go?”


Twilight shrugged and replied, “I think he left to hang out with Shining’s old friends that came by later. I think he said he was done with foals, and wanted to hang with some stallions. I suppose Shining’s behavior brought back some memories he’d rather forget.”


As the grownups continued to talk, Flurry crawled over to the colts and asked in a worried tone. “Di ya two get spankies?”


They both shook their heads no as Shining explained. “My mommy wiked us gettin a wittwe messy. Bu Sunnybuwst statwed it!”


Sunburst crossed his forelegs and gave a pout. “Wew, ya gettin aw ta attention!”


Shining babbled. “So, is my biwthday. I can hawe as much attention as I want.”


Sunburst whined. “Wew I taught ya didn even want a foawish biwthday pawty?”


Shining replied. “I didn at fiwst, bu...I kind of wike it. And if ya gonna keep doing stuff wike tat, I gonna find a way to fwush you down the toiwet! This time, youw daddy’s not gonna be hewe to save you fwom going down the dwain!”


Sunburst whimpered a bit. “You wowdn’t dawe!”


“Twy me!” Shining retorted.


Flurry started to cry and whimper. “Can ya two stop fightin, pwease? I dun wike it.”


The colts sighed and hugged Flurry together. Then Shining got up and said. “Otay, Sunnybuwst, wets go see tis cwown.”


They waddled together, along with Flurry, as the clown shouted and smiled. “Oh, and here’s the birthday colt!” The foals all squealed and clapped their hooves, as Shining blushed and scrunched his diaper. The clown dawwed. “Oh, is the birthday colt embarrassed?” He then made something with his balloons, it was a blue pacifier. He popped it into Shining’s mouth and said to him. “There, that should make him feel better.”


All the foals burst into laughter, and despite it being quite embarrassing Shining thought,“This isn't so bad, I might actually enjoy being a foal, just for a little while.”


Shining bounced up and down excitedly as the clown cooed “Oh, does shiny like his new paci?” Shining nodded in approval. The clown then started making another object with his balloons, soon he had crafted a makeshift pink bib, and twisted some white balloons into a diaper, which he dressed Shining up. All the foals giggled, as Shining got up and waddled around in his balloon diaper, the rubber making crunching noises along with the crinkling of his actually diaper. The clown laughed and instructed, “All bow to the balloon prince!” making every foal giggle and laugh even more. While the parents watching just dawwed at the scene. Then Shining looked up at the clown, who was now making something else with his balloons. The clown made a crown, and placed it on Shining’s head, making him squeal in excitement, and the rest of the foals coo in amazement. The clown whispered, “A crown for the little prince,” Everypony cheered, as Shining babbled a “Thank you”. The clown couldn't understand, but he ruffled the foal’s mane and said to him. “Don't you worry, it was nothing, Prince Shining.”


Gemstone, Pumice and Turquoise came up to Shining and admired him dressed up in the balloons as Gemstone commented with a giant smile, “Hey, Shining, ya wook coow in those!”


“Yeah, can I hawe the bawwoon diapee?” Pumice asked with a wide eyed expression.


Shining took it off and hoofed it over to Pumice, who quickly started to put it on.


“So daddy, di ya wike ta cwoon?” Flurry Heart asked.


Shining squealed and babbled excitedly, “I woved him! He’s so funny, and vewy tawented! I wan him ta come fow ya biwthday pawty, Fwuwwy!”


Flurry also squealed and hugged her dad, “Tank ya, daddy!”


Sunburst just looked over at the clown and asked with a thoughtful expression, “Bu, wha do we know about him? He wooks supicous.”


Shining replied with confusion. “Wha do ya mean? He wooks fine ta me.”


“Weww, he just comes out of nowhewe and he cawies tat bag fuw of stuff.” Sunburst whispered.


Shining laughed at this and said, “No way, he can’t be ta one who tuwned me to a foaw.”


Gemstone giggled and started to bounce on her diaper and shouted “Ya, tats siwwy! Cwoons awent eviw, tey funny!”


Sunburst retorted, “Come on Shiny, tink. A cwoon is a pewfect disguise! He cowd of easiwy made ta guawds waugh, so he coud sneak inside ta pawace.”


Flurry gasped and put her hooves in her mouth as she garbled, “Ya wight, Sunnybuwst! And because tey were waughing, they woudn’t be abwe to stop him fwom escaping!”


Sunburst continued with a determined look, “And di ya see how he makes bawwoomns so fast?! He couwd wven hawe pwobaby used tem to hewp steaw ta fowmuwas in Twile’s woom!”


Pumice looked at his balloon diaper and whispered, “Maybe, but I dun tink tat bawoons can steaw stuff.”


Flurry turned to Pumice and shouted at him, “Ya dun know tat! If he can make diapees and cwons, teb he definetwy can make somthin ta steaw Twilie’s stuff!”


Shining sighed, rolling his eyes as he asked Sunburst, “Otay, so how do we pwove ta cwown is ta one who tuwned me into a foaw?”


Sunburst put an orange pacifier (which Starlight had given him earluer) in his mouth, sat on his diaper, and crossed his forelegs and pondered the issue until he replied while pulling out the pacifier. “We gots ta captuwe him, whoevew he is!”


But before Sunburst and the others could think of a plan. Cadence exclaimed with a smile, “Alright. I think we’ve waited long enough! It's time for shiny to open his presents!”


Shining blushed as the rest of the foals giggled and squealed in excitement. Cadence took him onto her back, and carried him to the coach, where he sat in his wife’s lap, looking at all the foals who were staring right back at him with excited gleaming eyes. His mom came over with the first present and all Shining could think about was “Well, I guess opening presents can’t be as bad as the cake.”