• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 3,227 Views, 91 Comments

Finding Shining - Foal Star



Shining Armor and Cadence came back from vacation only for Shining to be turned into a foal. As Twilight and Cadence try to find the culprit, Shining suddenly dissapears! And Sunburst and Flurry Heart goes out to search for him

  • ...
8
 91
 3,227

Chapter 8: Shining's day out


Shining Armor was now being swarmed by all the mares in the area. They dawwed and cooed over him. Asking him embarrassing questions such as “Is the little guy doing okay?”, “Does he need a diaper change?”, “Is he hungry” Completely embarrassed, Shining put his hooves over his eyes. This elicited only more daws from the mares as some cooed “Oh, is little Shiny embarrassed?”

Seeing how Shining was embarrassed and scared, Pumice’s Mom took him up and started to strap him into a stroller. Then a clown peeked over at them, Shining and Pumice both gasped, as Shining recognized the clown as Laughing Rump! The clown smiled down at Shining and cooed. “Hello little prince, and how are you doing this fine evening?”

Shining put his hooves over his eyes again and all the ponies nearby dawwed out loud as he groaned. Laughing Rump joked, “Aww, looks like little Shiny is a grumpy pants,” Shining started to tear up and looked ready to bawl at the remark. Seeing how agitated Shining was, Laughing Rump quickly made him a balloon flower and placed it into the foal's hooves as he cooed. “Hopefully that cheers you up.”

Shining took the flower and hugged it close, and for some reason he began to suckle it as if it were a bottle or a pacifier. He blushed as he realized what he was doing, and popped it from his mouth. He looked up at Laughing Rump who smirked. “Oh, don't be nervous. You must really like your balloon flower.” All the colts and fillies laughed out loud, as Shining covered himself in the foal blankets.

Pumice’s mother sighed, seeing that Shining was still nervous, and whispered to Laughing Rump. “Thank you, but we better get going. I need to get Shining back to the castle, I’m sure everypony there is looking for him.”

Laughing Rump bowed and ruffled Shining’s mane as he cooed. “Sorry I went a bit far, but you really are such a good foal, Shiny. I hope you’ll remember me when you turn back to normal.” He and the other mares then backed off and gave Pumice’s mom some space, so she could push the stroller down the road.

Shining was still nervous and hugged the balloon flower close to his chest for security (normally this is what Brutus Force was for, but Brutus was back at the castle and had not teleported with Shining). Seeing how nervous Shining was, Pumice’s mom kissed him on the forehead, then kissed her own son. Shining blushed and smiled a bit at the mare, at least she was willing to respect what dignity he still had. She smiled back, slipped two pacifiers into the foals mouths, and strapped the two in snuggly as she cooed. “Now you two be good little foals and relax. We should be at the palace in no time.”

Shining settled in the buggy and suckled his pacifier as he thought, “I hope so, I don't know how much more of this I can take.” Shining suckled his pacifier contently, as a small smile spread over his face. Pumice’s mom couldn’t help but pinch Shining's cheeks and coo. “Oh, I wish you were always this cute, Shiny.” He rolled his eyes as she giggled and started to push the stroller down the road.


As the stroller rolled along, Pumice turned towards Shining Armor and babbled. “So Shiny, di ya wan to come out hewe?”

Shining shook his head. “Na uh, I didn't wun aw tis attention. Aw ta ponies in ta Cwysta Empiwe awe goin to tweat me wike a foaw now, even when I a gwown-up.”

But Pumice shook his head and protested, “No, tat’s not twue. We awe happy ya and Cady saved us fwom meanie Somby.”

Shining looked up and asked. “Weawwy, even ta foaws tink tat?”

Pumice nodded. “Yeah, no amount of diapee dances and oopsies in ya diapees is gonna change tat youw owa hewo.”

Shining blushed at the compliment and curled up, unintentionally scrunching his diaper. He then whimpered. “Still, I so embewassed, I dun tink anypony is gonna fowget tis.”

Pumice shrugged. “Maybe, but I bet Fwuwwy woved pwayin with ya. And she woves ya awot. Bu ya aways busy when ya was a gwown up, and she was sad she neva gots ta pway with ya.”

Shining gasped and whispered. “Weawwy, she said tat?!”

Pumice nodded and explained. “Yeah, bu now tat ya a foaw, ya can pway with hew awe day instead of doin bowin gwown-up stuff.”

Shining groaned as he put his hooves over his face and whined, “I a bad daddy, I sowie Fwuwwy! I didn mean to not spend anytime with ya!”

Pumice hugged him and whispered. “It otay. Even when ya was busy, she stiw woved ya. She just wanted ya to spend a bit mowe time with hew,” This made Shining smile and he snuggled under the blankets with Pumice right by his side. Pumice then whispered. “Well, if it make you feel betta, ya don't have to do the diapee dance if you don't want to, otay? I was just pwayin.”

Shining smiled in relief and whispered, “Tanks Pumice. I’ww rewawd ya somehow when I a gwown up again.”

Pumice pondered a bit before asking. “Can I have a pack of Fwuwwy’s bwue diapees? I kind a wike tem.”

Shining laughed out loud before agreeing. “Suwe, Pumice. I’ww buy ya enough bwue diapees ta wast ya untiw ya potty twained, pwobabwy even beyond then!”


While Shining was riding in a foal buggy with Pumice. Twilight and Starlight were with Flurry Heart and Sunburst looking all over for Shining. They were calling out his name as Flurry and Sunburst were looking about too. Flurry cried and whined. “This is aww my fawt. I sowie, Daddy.” And she started to cry.

Sunburst hugged her and whispered. “It's otay, Fwuwwy. We goin to find him.”

Flurry whined. “How do ya know? He cowd be anywhewe!”

Sunburst replied and explained. “Wememba when I was wost? Ya found me, and we got home togetha. We goin ta do ta same fow Shiny. We wiww get him back!” He poked his diaper as he added. “I pwomice on my paddin, we goin to find him!” This made Flurry giggle, and Sunburst smiled upon seeing how happy she was now. He thought to himself. “Even though she turned Shining into a foal, I don't like seeing her sad. She is just a foal after all. Besides, I know she didn’t mean it. She didn’t even tell me about her plan.”

Flurry cheered up a bit, and hugged Sunburst back. They snuggled together for a while, just lying in their foal blankets, and listening to the foal buggy gentle rolling along. All of a sudden, Sunburst heard some familiar voices. He poked his head out of the foal buggy and saw two familiar looking ponies. Eyeing the two he shouted! “Mama?! Dada?!”

Twilight turned and saw Sunburst’s parents still arguing with each other. She glared at them and sighed. “They probably foalnapped Shining. Should've known. I guess they didn’t learn their lesson the first time,” She charged at them and shouted. “Stop right there, foalnappers!”

Sunburst’s parents turned towards Twilight, and gasped in horror! They tried to step back, nervously sweating, but Twilight got right into their faces and shouted. “Hold it right there! You two have some explaining to do!”

They both stopped and gulped as Twilight asked. “Prince Shining got turned into a foal and has disappeared. I know that you two turned Sunburst into a foal, so I need to know something: Did you have anything to do with my brother’s disappearance? You better not lie to me.”

The two shook their heads as Sunburst’s mom said in response. “No, we had nothing to with Shining’s disappearance. We just found him as a foal, honest.”

Sunburst’s dad continued. “Sadly though, we lost him. And we have no idea where he is.” Mrs. Sunburst glared at her husband who just shrugged.

Meanwhile, Twilight looked around and realized that this was another foal’s birthday party. This one had balloons and older colts and fillies running about. Starlight came up to Twilight while pushing the foal buggy and asked. “So find out anything of use?”

Twilight glared at Sunburst’s parents for a moment, making them sweat more, before she turning to Starlight and told her. “Well, no leads on Shining’s location. But from what these two told me, he could be around here somewhere, seeing as they found him as a foal before he disappeared on them,” Twilight turned to Sunburst’s parents and apologized. “Sorry for accusing you, I've been really stressed out. I guess I should’ve known you’d have no reason to foalnap Shining. But can you two help us find him, please? We could really use the help, it’s important that we find Shining as quickly as possible.”

Sunburst’s mom was unsure and was going to say something. But her husband quickly responded. “Of course, we would love to help find Shining.”

Then they looked over at Starlight and smiled at her, who blushed as she came up and said to them. “Hey Sunswirl, Sunspot. Been awhile.”

Sunspot came up and said to Starlight. “It's good to see you, Starlight. How’s our little Sunny Bunny doing?” He then came over to the buggy and looked down at Sunburst who blushed and pulled the foal blanket over his face. Sunspot dawwed and tickled Sunburst’s belly, making him giggle.

Sunswirl came up right behind her husband to admire her son, before Twilight coughed loudly and all the ponies stared at her as she explained, “Look, I hate to be rude, but we really need to find Shining. Every passing second means it’ll be harder to do that.” The adults all nodded, and soon the four adult ponies and the two foals, were looking all over the party for the lost prince.


As they were going down the road, Sunburst popped up, saw the birthday clown and started to bounce up and down excitedly as he shouted, “Look is ta cwown fwom Shining’s biwthday! He might know where Shiny is!” Flurry nodded in agreement and the two jumped out of the stroller and waddled into the crowd. They both were now with the rest of foals as Sunburst told Flurry. “We nee to get his attention and ask if he knows whewe Shining is. Any ideas?”

Flurry turned to a cake and suggested. “We can make a pictuwe using the cake!”

Sunburst eyed Flurry and asked. “Fwuwwy, tat sounds wike a good idea, bu awe ya suwe? We might get in mowe twobwe.”

Flurry Heart exclaimed, “It doesn matta! We gots ta find Daddy, even if we get spankies. It’s wike he said ‘Sometimes a baby’s gotta do what a baby’s gotta do’!”

Sunburst smiled and nodded. “Otay, ya wight, wets do it!”

Flurry Heart flew Sunburst up to the cake and the two started to smash the cake, starting to form it into a sculpture. Sunburst giggled as he chuckled. “Tis is wike making a snowmawe.”

Flurry gasped. “Wai, ya made snowmawes befowe?! Mommy and Daddy neva wet me go see the snow.”

Sunburst babbled. “Is dangewous outside, ya gotta get aww bundwed up if ya wanna pway in the snow. Bu when I become a gwown up again, I cowd bwing some to wet ya pway.”

Flurry giggled. “Yeah, that sounds gweat! Hopefuwy Mommy and Daddy wets ya do tat.”

The foals continued forming and smearing their hooves in the cake, until they made a picture of a white foal in a big diaper. The two foals then looked up at their creation, as the clown turned, saw what the foals did to the cake and his mouth dropped open! The other foals all turned to what he was staring at. Flurry blushed as they all laughed, seeing the cake sculpture of a foal. The clown eyed it and asked. “Who's this supposed to be?”

Sunburst pointed to the sun hitting one of the houses as one of the moms whispered. “That foal looks a lot like Sunburst.”

The clown gasped and laughed outloud. This brought the attention of Twilight, Starlight, and Sunburst’s parents. They all came over as Twilight picked up Flurry Heart and started cleaning her up, while Starlight got Sunburst and did the same. Twilight turned over with a blush as she apologized. “I am so sorry. We were busy looking for Shining, and we got distracted.”

Laughing Rump shook his head. “It’s fine, Princess Twilight. Looks like these two are inspiring modern artists if you ask me.”

Starlight giggled. “They are, aren't they? I mean Flurry Heart sprays the walls all the time with mashed peas, and Sunburst here loves to draw.”

Twilight groaned a bit. “Okay, we get it, they're cute. Now Laughing Rump, um...I don't know if you know this, but Shining has gone missing. Have you seen him around here?” She inquired of him.

Laughing Rump pondered for a second before lighting up. “Well Shining was here. I think Pumice’s mother took her son and the prince down the road near the Crystal Playplace.”

Starlight smiled. “The Crystal Playplace?! That's wonderful! I'm sure we can catch up from there!”

Twilight nodded in agreement as she got behind the foal buggy, “Right, let's get moving! Thanks for your help, Laughing Rump!” She pushed the foal buggy down the road with Sunburst’s parents and Starlight following close behind.


Pumice’s mom was now near the Crystal Playplace. Shining was trying to hide under his blanket, but ponies constantly came by and leaned in to to take a peek at him. They cooed and pinched his cheeks. Some mares checked his diaper, and one old mare even gave him a rattle. He just sat there and endured the embarrassment as best he could.

Upon entering Crystal Playplace, the caretaker came up and cooed. “Oh, is that Prince Shiny?!” She then picked him up and hugged him as she asked. “What are you doing out here?”

Pumice’s mom cooed and told the caretaker. “I found him wandering about. Looks like these foals just love to explore.”

The caretaker blushed as she replied. “Well, I'm glad he found you,” She then turned and asked Shining. “I need to ask you a favor, Shiny. The foals here adore your diaper dance and they’ve all been doing their own. And I would bet they would love to see yours. I promise no big ponies will be around, and I'll never tell a soul,” Shining shook his head at and pouted. The caretaker sighed. “Alright, you can have it your way. I know it's embarrassing. Still, the foals would have loved it.”

Shining groaned as he chewed on his hoof and reluctantly nodded, he was still technically a prince, and a prince was usually obligated to fulfill the wishes of his subjects. The caretaker squealed and Pumice’s mom giggled. “Oh, could Pumice come see? He wouldn’t want to miss this.”

The Caretaker nodded and said with a smile. “Of course he can.” Pumice’s mom took her son out of the carrier, as the caretaker took Shining inside the nursery, and set him down in the middle of all the foals, who all gawked at him.

They all giggled and clapped as Shining blushed and curled up. Pumice waddled over and hugged him as he whispered. “Ya can do it, Shiny. Just fowget abou beina a gwown up fow a bit and have fun. Ya nevew gonna get anothew chance wike tis.”

Shining reluctantly nodded as he got up, and started to bounce up and down. The other foals clapped and cheered as Shining began to get up and started to bounce about in his diaper. The other foals squealed in joy, while imitating him bouncing up and down. Shining suddenly felt something be poured inside him. He just continued to dance about, making his diaper crinkle and bounce, foal powder flying everywhere, causing him to realize someone must’ve poured a rather “generous” portion into his diaper while he wasn’t looking. He finished his dance by jumping right onto his padding, making the padding give off a wheezing sound, and causing foal powder to billow all around him. He was rewarded with squeals and laughter from the foals. And he sat there with a smile as he thought.“I know this is embarrassing, but I think I'm starting to enjoy being a foal, just a little. Sure beats that boring paperwork.”