• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 3,227 Views, 91 Comments

Finding Shining - Foal Star



Shining Armor and Cadence came back from vacation only for Shining to be turned into a foal. As Twilight and Cadence try to find the culprit, Shining suddenly dissapears! And Sunburst and Flurry Heart goes out to search for him

  • ...
8
 91
 3,227

Chapter 6: Shining's emberassing day


Twilight Velvet and Night Light watched Sunburst, Shining and Flurry Heart all curled up and sleeping together. Each foal had their tiny legs sprayed out, with their pacifiers bobbing up and down. Twilight Velvet was just smiling at the scene as she whispered to Night Light. “Oh honey, doesn't this remind you of when we would wake up early to find Twilight and Shining sleeping together?”

Night Light laughed, “Yeah, I think Twilight was in her two’s and she was scared of the dark.”

Twilight Velvet giggled,”I would say they grow up so fast, but now Shining’s back in diapers.”

Night Light nuzzled his wife as he whispered, “Yeah, it seems we got our little Shiny back for a little while.” They then heard a hisss and the two turned to see Shining’s diaper growing yellow. Twilight Velvet cooed, “Oh, looks like Shiny made a wettie.”

Night Light kissed his wife and said, “Let me change him, it’s the least I can do after being gone during the birthday party yesterday. I remember how much I hated missing his first birthday party, and I got him that clown potty on his second birthday as a present. It’s a pity he didn’t seem to like it that much.”

Twilight Velvet smiled. “Alright, honey. But do you still remember how to change a diaper? It’s been years since we potty trained Twilight.”

Night Light laughed “Of course I do, I didn’t take all those parenting classes when you were pregnant with Shining just to forget what they taught me once my youngest child was out of diapers.” He then took up Shining, placed him on the changing table, and started to untape his wet diaper.

Shining woke to the tapes of his diaper being pulled from the plastic. He blinked with surprise, looked around for a bit, then looked up at his dad. He smiled up at him and gurgled and babbled, “Dada.”

Night Light dawwed and whispered, “That’s right Shiny, Daddy is changing your soggy butt. It’s been so long since I did it, I think it was on your second birthday. You sure gave me a ‘present’ I couldn’t ever forget,” Shining giggled and kicked about. Night Light continued to place a new diaper under his butt and placed foal powder all over Shining’s bottom. Upon seeing how playful Shining was being during the change, Night Light bent down and blew a raspberry into his tummy, making him squeal as Night Light laughed, “Oh, you like that now? Just a few hours ago you got all pouty when I did that.”

Shining grumbled and turned his head as Night Light chuckled. He picked up Shining and turned to see Twilight Velvet with the other two foals as she whispered, “How about you go play with Shining while I get these two changed?”

Night Light smirked, “Alright, but don’t take too long. Shining is being grouchy today.” He then went over to Flurry’s toys and placed Shining among them.

Shining grumbled, as he reluctantly started to stack blocks with his dad. Then after Flurry Heart and Sunburst were changed, Velvet placed them next to Shining who looked at them and asked, “I dun get it, why do we wet ta bed aw ta time?”

Flurry shrugged, “We not potty twained yet, and it’s aw pawt of bein a foaw.”

Shining knocked the blocks over and babbled, “I hate bein a foaw, aw ta castwe staff and eveywpony at the pawty tink aw I do now, is mess my diapees and wook cute.”

Sunburst crawled over and poked Shining’s diaper making it crinkle as he retorted, “Shiny, ya a foaw. You supposed to mess ya diapees and act cute.”

Shining growled and brushed Sunburst’s hooves away as he mumbled, “Na uh, I awwowed to do gwown-up stuff too.”

Sunburst sat back, crossed his forelegs, and babbled, “Otay, since ya tuwned to a foaw, tew me one thing ya did tats gwonw up?”

Shining put his hooves in his mouth and thought for a few minutes as he babbled, “Wew, I wote ta wettas.”

Sunburst and Flurry Heart laughed, and Flurry Heart replied, “Tose wettas wew funny.”

Sunburst nodded. “Yeah, thews no way tose count. And dun mention you twied to use the big potty eithew, you feww in and Cadence had to fish you out!”

Shining got up and shouted, “I gonna pwove, I stiw a adwt! Ya two jus watch. You especiwway, Sunnybwust.” He looked around for a bit, unsure of what to do. Then he heard the door open and a royal guard from Canterlot came in. Said guard had a white coat, gold eyes and a blue mane and tail cut short. His cutie mark was a cannon with feathers blasting from it..

Twilight Velvet smiled, “Hello Cannon Feather, how are you doing?” She greeted.

Cannon Feather smirked, “Hey, um...I just wanted to say that the ceremony for Shining’s birthday is today.”

Twilight Velvet tried to refrain from further smirking as she asked, “I heard, so what are we going to tell the nobles? I don’t think Shining would like that kind of humiliation.”

Cannon Feather continued, “Cadence said something about telling them that he’s sick.”

As Shining listened to the grown ups taking, he went up to them babbling, “Hey, I not sick! I wana go to ta cewemony!”

Twilight Velvet and Night Light turned to Shining’s babbling (which they couldn’t understand) and dawwwed. Night Light cooed, “Aww, does Shiny want to go to his ceremony anyway?”

Twilight Velvet laughed, “Could you imagine all the nobles seeing their prince as a foal, in diapers no less?”

Shining got angry and stomped his hoof babbling louder. Cannon Feather laughed, “Oh looks like Captain Shining is giving out orders.”

Shining smiled and babbled at Cannon feather who saluted him, “Of course, Captain. I could take you to the ceremony but I don't think you’d want all the nobles to know you're a foal.”

Shining got angry and started to shout! He’d already had his planned birthday party scrapped, he wasn’t about to have the ceremony be dropped because of his condition. The nobles needed to know he was still in charge, despite his current state of appearance.


While the grown ups were laughing at Shining’s antics, Flurry Heart whispered to Sunburst, “Hey, how about we pway a wittwe pwank on my daddy and put some foaw powda in his diapee to get him to wighten up?” Sunburst eagerly nodded, even if doing so increased the risk of retaliation from Shining (going down the drain would be worth it to know he’d gotten to Shining).

Flurry Heart then levitated a bottle of foal powder with her horn as Sunburst used his magic to pull Shining’s diaper back and let Flurry dump a whole bunch of foal powder into it. Shining only noticed the sudden sensation of the foal powder going into his diaper when he turned and shouted, “Hey, what was tat?!” He started to waddle towards the other two foals, noticing clouds of foal powder burst through the leg holes of his diaper. He groaned, “Aw, wah di ya two do?!” He demanded. He started to shake his rump, trying to get the extra foal powder out, while the other two foals laughed. Shining groaned, the foal powder wasn't coming out no matter how hard he tried. So he started to bounce up and down on his padded rump. This made Twilight Velvet gasp as she whispered, “Look honey, it’s Shiny’s diaper dance!”

Night Light turned and blushed, seeing the clouds of foal powder bellowing from the leg holes of his son’s diaper, “Oh wow, I didn’t think I put that much foal powder on him.” He commented.

Twilight Velvet laughed, “It’s fine, I need to go get my camera! No way I’m missing a chance to capture it this time!” And she ran off.

Shining barely noticed his mom leave, he was more concerned with the foal powder getting all over the place. He was now rotating between shaking his diaper and plopping it on the ground. Each time he did either, giant clouds of foal powder poofed around him. His mom soon returned with her camera, and was taking pictures of him.

Cannon Feather whispered, “Is this the famous diaper dance?”

Night Light chuckled, “You heard about that?”

Cannon Feather whispered, “There's a rumor around the palace in Canterlot that Velvet talked to some royal guards about how Shiny used to do a diaper dance as a foal and soon the entire castle knew about it, but we swore to never tell Captain Shining we knew. He’d have us all court martialed.”

Night Light laughed, “Yes it's a little secret in the family. On Shining’s fourth birthday my wife and I were having a birthday party for Shining with some relatives who worked in the royal guard. She was talking about his diaper dance and Shining made her swear to never tell anypony. Looks like word got out anyway, but it’s far from the most embarrassing thing he did as a foal. We made sure to keep his truly embarrassing moments a true family secret.”

Shining Armor was still bouncing up and down in his diaper, clouds of foal powder now enveloped him completely, while the other foals rolled around, laughing. Twilight Velvet just continued to snap pictures as she cooed, “Oh I can't wait to tell Twilight about Shiny’s diaper dance. I already told Shining about Twily’s diaper dance that she learned from him.”

Cannon Feather chuckled, “Oh man, if I have ever foals of my own, I’m gonna have to be extra careful to keep their embarrassing moments a secret from my royal guard buddies.”

Shining looked up in horror at the adults who were all smiling at him. He started to whimper, and feeling so embarrassed he started crying. Twilight Velvet dawwed, picked him up and hugged him close as she cooed. “Oh honey are you embarrassed? I’m sorry, I guess we got carried away with your fun with you,” Shining turned his head in anger and mumbled under his breath. Velvet continued to coo as she added, “Come on, let's get you out of that over powdered diaper,” She put him onto the changing table and dressed him up in a new diaper she whispered, “Don't worry, I’ll make sure Daddy puts less foal powder on your rump from now on.”

Shining just grumbled as he was changed. Velvet then dropped him off with the other foals. They were still laughing as he shouted. “Not funny guys, ya ben mean!”

Flurry rolled her eyes and babbled. “Aw come on, Daddy. It was funny. Gemstone and I do tat aww the time to each othew, and ouw mommies dun mind.”

Sunburst babbled, “So ya stiw wan ta go to ta bowin meetin?”

Shining nodded, “Yeah, I done bein a foa! I wan ta find ta cupwit and be a stawiion again!”

Flurry sighed and asked, “So wha? Awe goin to escape ta nuwsewy again? We gonna get in big twouble if we do, tis time we suwe to get spankies.”

But Shining replied. “Well, I goin to ta cewemony. If ya dun wan ta come, tats fine. I woudn’t wan you guys to get into twouble because of me. Bu sometimes a baby’s gotta do what a baby’s gotta do!”

Flurry nodded and said, “Oh, I otay with it. Bu you do weawise ya can’t tawk ta gwon ups wight?”

Shining thought for a few minutes (unconsciously he started bouncing on his diaper) and suddenly he shouted ,”I’ww wite anotha wetta! Tis one with pictuas so I can show tem aww I got tuwned to a foaw! With evewpony wokkin fow ta cupwit, tey find ta pony fasta!”

Sunburst put a hoof to his chin, “Tat does sound wike a good idea, I goin to go get cwayons and some papa.”

Shining nodded and instructed. “Do tat, Sunnybuwst! I’ww wite ta wetta, ya and Fwurry make ta pictuas.”

As Sunburst crawled off to get crayons and paper, Twilight Velvet sighed, “We should go to the ceremony just to say we were there, and come back. Plus, that way we can make it look like we didn’t know about Shining’s current condition so the nobles don’t suspect anything. They don’t know about the birthday party or that we came here on the train yesterday.”

Night Light nodded, “Right, good idea, honey. We need to preserve Shining’s reputation with the nobles,” He turned to Cannon feather and asked him, ”You can watch the foals for a few minutes, right?”

Cannon Feather nodded. “Sure, I don’t mind. Just don’t be long, I have no experience with foals, not even diapers!”

Twilight Velvet laughed. “Just make sure they stay in the nursery. And if you need help, just flag down a passing guard. We’ll be back soon though, so I doubt they’ll be much trouble.” The two then left, leaving Cannon Feather to guard the nursery.


Flurry Heart was drawing a white coated stallion turning into a foal, with a bug looking pony standing over him. She babbled. “I made Shiny tuwing into a foaw by tat meanie queen.”

Sunburst giggled as he told Flurry Heart. “We dun know if she did it.”

Flurry Heart babbled, “She took us before, and I heawd she twied to wuin Mommy and Daddy’s wedding. I bet she ta one who tuwned Daddy into a foaw. She a butt head, and she wucky I didn’t get to hew, or she’d be needing diapees!”

Sunburst shrugged at Flurry’s comment, he simply held up his drawing as he explained. “I made Shiny in a biwthday hat with his cake.”

Flurry giggled, “How about dwaw and ya tackwin ta biwthday cwown?” She suggested.

Sunburst nodded and shouted, “Gweat idea! And ya gotta dwaw Shiny’s diapee dance!”

They both giggled as Flurry babbled saddly, “I gonna miss Daddy when he tuwns back into a big pony. He was so much fun. Even mowe fun than you, Sunnybuwst”

Sunburst nodded and mumbled, “Yeah, he was kind of fun. I gwad he didn’t get a chance to twy and fwush me down the toiwet though. I’d weathew not smeww wike a dwity diapee aww the time.”

Flurry looked up and asked, “Do you wike Daddy as a foaw despite those thweats?”

Sunburst replied with a nod, “Yeah, I do. I gwess I was a bit jeaowus at fiwst, and I stiw am.”

“Why?” Flurry asked Sunburst.

“Becawse I jus wana pway with you as a foaw, and when Shiny tuwned into a foaw, I tought ya wowud pway with him mowe ten me.” Sunburst confessed.

Flurry groaned and rolled her eyes, grown-ups (even ones turned into foals) were always so stupid. “Come on, Sunnybuwst! I pwayed with both of ya at ta same time.”

Sunburst nodded, “Yeah. Besidwes, I wove tese adventuas. I gonna miss tem when I too have to go back to being a big pony, and I hope thewe’s a speww out there that’ll wet me change mysewf into a foaw at wiww so we can do stuff wike tis again.”


Shining then came over and asked, “So, di ya two make ta pictuas?” They showed them to him, and he sighed seeing how bad they were. But he could at least kind of make out what they were trying to portray so he reluctantly said, “Tey gweat, bu Chwysaiss pwoababwy didn tuwn me into a foaw. She’d pwobabwy have foawnapped me by now if tat was so.”

Flurry Heart shrugged. “Weww, she might of anyway just to be a butt howe.”

Sunburst, eager to change the topic, asked. “So, can we see the wetta?”

Shining gave the letter to Sunburst, it read as follows:

“My deaw Cwystal Subjects,

I, Pwince Shiny, am a foaw. Pwease hewp me find ta pony who tuwned me into a foaw so tat I can change back

Sincewy,

Pwince Shiny of ta Cwystal Empiwe.”

As Shining stuffed the letter and the drawing into his diaper he babbled, “Now we gots ta get to ta thwon woom. Wucky fow us, Cannon Feather isn't ta smawtest guawd and we can twick him eaiswy.”

Flurry asked her father. “How we gonna do tat?”

Shining grinned. “I gots an idea! Do you gots mowe foaw powda?”


Flurry Heart and Sunburst now had their diapers filled with foal powder. as Shining giggled and asked them. “Weady fow ta diapee dance?”

Flurry Heart replied, “Not weawwy, why dun ya do it?”

Shining shook his head, “Ya two awe doin it so I can sneak by.”

Sunburst gave Shining his best pair of puppy dog eyes as he pleaded. “Can ya teach us how to do it, pwease?”

Shining sighed. “Otay, pay attention!” They both looked at him as he stood up and put out his diaper rump. “Now it’s easy. Stawt by shaking youw diapee about a bit,” He instructed. Flurry Heart and Sunburst both started shaking their rumps as Shining continued. “Now bounce ya diapees on ta fwoow,” They all started to bounce on their diapered rumps and started giggling. Even Shining lightened up as he instructed, “Now, if ya feew ta powada settwin neaw ya wump, sit down and wet it poof out of the weg holes,” He plopped down, making his diaper wheeze, but Sunburst and Flurry’s diapers burst with clouds of foal powder! Shining nodded. “Told ya it’s easy!” He proudly boasted.

Flurry giggled, already scheming on how to show this off to her mom. “Otay, wet’s distwact Cannon Featha!” She shouted.

Cannon Feather was busy picking dirt from his coat, when he heard foalish babble. He turned to see Flurry Heart and Sunburst crawling up to him. He smiled and asked, “Hey, what are you two doing here?” They started to bounce on their diapers as he laughed, “Oh, is that Shiny’s diaper dance? Did he teach it to you two?” They both just continued to babble and shake their diapered rumps. Cannon Feather laughed, “Oh this is too cute.”

All the while, Shining was sneaking past Cannon Feather. He saw the door wasn't fully closed, so he opened it and ran down the hall. He soon found the throne room, packed with nobles. Twilight Velvet and Night Light were there, along with Twilight and Starlight Glimmer. All of them of talking together in hushed voices as Cadence was giving a long, boring speech. Shining looked up at the podium and scrawled through the crowd, going completely unnoticed. As he climbed up beneath the podium all the ponies looked at him and whispered. Some ponies cooed. He then babbled, “Can I hawe everypony’s attention?” They all looked at him as he took out the drawings and showed them, “See, I Shiny...I got tuwned to a foaw.” He pointed to the drawings as the ponies dawwed.

Cadence was busy reading off her scroll, not realizing what was going on. Meanwhile the nobles dawwed and started to whisper amongst each other, making comments such as, “What is it?” “They’re so cute, did he make those?” and. “What a clever artist.”

Shining sighed, realizing he was getting nowhere, he took out the letter and showed it to the crowd. The nobles closest to him tried reading it. Some whispered, “Is that Prince Shining?” “Why is he a foal?” Shining whimpered and pointed to the drawings. One of the adults examined the pictures and said. “Oh, Chrysalis turned Shining into a foal,” The nobles all started laughing, as one replied, “He must have an overactive imagination.”

Shining groaned and sat back down on his diaper. He then bounced again and smirked as he thought,“My diaper dance, I wonder if anypony will recognize it?” He started bouncing up and down on his diaper making the nobles laugh and giggle softly. He then started to shake his diapered rump at the crowd and sat down, making his diaper wheeze. But then he groaned and felt a sudden mess push into his diaper. He blushed and gasped as it made everypony start laughing out loud.

“What’s going on?” Cadence shouted, her attention finally broken by the laughter and Shining’s audible messing. Then she heard (as a foul stench hit her nostrils) “Prince Shining, get back here!”

Everyone turned and gasped to see Cannon Feather running down the hall, sweating and covered in foal powder, with the other foals on his back still bouncing around, foal powder going everywhere!

The entire hall erupted in laughter, quickly turning their attention away from Shining. Cadence looked down at Shining, who looking around with a confused look. She quickly placed a hoof on her face, both to block out the smell (though it wasn’t as potent as Flurry Heart’s dirty diapers) and to keep herself from laughing..


A short time later, Cadence held Shining (who had been changed into a fresh diaper)in a foal carrier on her side, standing near the front entrance to the castle. He giggled and waved as the nobles passed by and told him “Happy Birthday”. He just gave them a smile and waved his hoof.

As the last of the nobles left, Cadence closed the doors and sighed, “Well, now the entire empire knows Shining’s a foal.”

Twilight nodded and commented, “And what’s worse is that the tip Spike had just led us to a old mare.”

Starlight Glimmer had Sunburst on her back as she replied, “So what happened? I mean what were the foals doing this time?”

Cadence laughed as she said. “Just being foals of course. I think Shining did his signature diaper dance in front of everypony, then he made a messy. Luckily his mom was there to quickly change his stinky butt.”

This made all the mares laugh out loud, but made Shining blush and curl up in his carrier. Twilight then replied, “Well now everypony knows he's a foal. But we still don't know who the culprit is. Any suggestions or leaders, Cadence?”

Cadence who was exhausted sighed, “Who knows? Maybe you just misplaced the potion and it somehow got on shining?” She then got up and suggested. “Let’s get the foals to the nursery and from now on they will be supervised by me or a trusted grown-up twenty four seven.” The mares nodded in agreement as the foals were carried back to the nursery, with Shining looking down, unsure of what to do.