• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 782 Views, 204 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 8: Reunions - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends are about to have new friends join their group. But as new friends arrive, so do new enemies.

  • ...
5
 204
 782

Duel 14: Dark Dreams

Rarity stirred as her dreams changed. In them, she saw all of her friends having a good time. But in the place of her, there was another girl. One who seemed to have her beat in every field. And they seemed toignore Rarity each time she called out to them. "Everyone! I'm right here!", Rarity called out. But it was of no use. Her friends couldn't hear her, or they chose to ignore her. Soon, Rarity was all alone in a black area and a single spotlight shined down on her. "Maybe...I'm not so rare after all..." Rarity began to cry. The black substance that had seeped into her dreams began to twist and condense into a familiar form and approached Rarity. Rarity heard footsteps, and saw Nightmare looking down on her. "Oh. Moon. I'm so sorry you have to see me like this."

"Bad dreams?", the false Nightmare asked.

"Yes.", Rarity said with a sigh.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"In my dreams...I was replaced with another girl. One who was far more generous than I ever was, and my friends kept ignoring me no matter how loudly I cried out to them! Not even Inferno heard me..." The false Nightmare smiled.

"What if I told you there was a way to make sure that dream never comes to pass?"

"What do you mean?"

"Allow me to give you my power. Power that will make sure those fears never trouble you again. All you need do is Let. Me. In."

Rarity hesitated before taking a deep breath. "Proceed." The false Nightmare smiled, and entered Rarity! Back in the real world, Rarity underwent a transformation. She grew in height and her skin turned dark purple. Her hair grew longer and became more ethereal and gained a streak of white. As the transformation finished, she opened her eyes. They had become pale, cold blue and had vertical pupils like Nightmare's. Diamond-like glimmers were withing her irises. "So my friends think they can find a replacement? Well I'll show them. Bacuse now...there's nobody quite like me. And Inferno..." Nightmare Rarity briefly flared her power and smiled. "It's you who will become MY treasure." A new deck materialized in her hand. "And now I also have the tools to make it all possible."