• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 782 Views, 204 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 8: Reunions - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends are about to have new friends join their group. But as new friends arrive, so do new enemies.

  • ...
5
 204
 782

Duel 7: Strike of the Sacred Beasts Part 1

"So are we clear on the plan?", Silver Heart asked.

Silver Sword nodded. "You get to go at Silver and one of his buddies first. Make sure that he knows you've come."

Heart gave her eldest brother a wicked smile. "Oh, I know the perfect way to draw him out. Uria could stand to burn something."

As his siblings were plotting, Silver Streak was going about his day. 'I'd have thought Sword or Heart would've struck by now. But then again, they are the type to plan things out. But what was that huge dark presence I sensed? It seemed to just vanish as quickly as it showed up. Never mind that now. Better focus on the here and now.' Streak went on with his day, and noticed Burst showing a new guy around. "What's up Burst?"

"Oh. Hey Streak! This is my half-brother. Blitz Surge. He just enrolled."

"Pleased to meet you. I sense you've got quite the powerful monster dwelling inside your deck.", Blitz greeted.

"You could say that. Well, welcome to CHS." 'This guy seems like a strong duelist. Maybe it's a good thing Burst found him. We might need all the help we can get.' Lunch period soon arrived, and Streak felt a chill run down his spine! 'This fiery, raging energy. She's here and so is Uria!' Streak then noticed a bunch of people gathering around one of the windows. A ring of flames had appeared at the front of the school! "Looks like she's turning up the heat!" Streak grabbed his backpack, and made a bolt for the school's front doors. Blitz took notice of Streak's departure and followed him. Streak had just got outside, and saw a girl waiting for him at the center of the flames. "Heart. I wish I could say that it was nice to see you again."

Heart gave Streak a dark smile. "Did you really think you could keep Raviel from his brothers so easily? Much less even think we wouldn't find you?"

"Heart. This isn't you talking! And I'm gonna snap you out of this!"

"Mind if I join in?", Blitz asked coolly as he entered the ring. Heart was shocked at the sudden intrusion. "I trust you'd like some assistance Streak?"

"Two or two hundred.", Heart hissed. "Both of you are going down! And Uria will feast on the energy of your cards!"

Streak and Blitz: 16000
Silver Heart: 16000

"Ladies first! I'll set three cards and end my turn.", Heart said with a smirk. "I end my turn."

"My turn then! I draw!" Streak took a careful look at his cards. 'Not bad! This hand should be a pretty good starting point.' "I summon Gamma the Magnet Warrior! Now I'll attack you directly!"

Streak smirked. "I don't think so! I activate two of my traps! First, Metal Reflect Slime! I can use this trap as a monster with 3000 defense!" Gamma's punch bounced off of Metal Reflect Slime! Streak cringed as he took damage! "Then I activate my other trap! Royal Custom! This prevents you from destroying my other face-up traps!"

"I guess I end my turn.", Streak said with a frown. 'She's gearing up for her summon! I better prepare for when Uria hits the field!' "I end my turn with a face-down!"

Streak and Blitz: 14500
Silver Heart: 16000

"My move then!" Heart drew her next card. "Now your cards will burn! I activate my last face-down! Aqua Chorus! Now I tribute all three traps to unleash my sacred beast! Rise! Uria! Lord of Searing Flames!" A monster that looked like an evil version of Slifer appeared from a pillar of flame and let out a fearsome roar! "Now his effect activates! Uria gains 1000 attack for each continuous trap in my graveyard! Now for his other effect! Once per turn, I can target and destroy one set spell or trap card my opponent controls! And there's not a thing you can do about it! Say goodbye to your face-down Streak!" Uria launched a fireball that destroyed Streak's trap! "Now to reduce your monster to slag! Uria!" Uria breathed a jet of flames! Melting Streak's monster into little more than a puddle! "I end my turn with another face-down."

Streak and Blitz: 13000
Silver Heart: 16000

"You've got quite a monster. But I know just how to get rid of it.", Blitz said with a smirk as he drew a card. 'Time to unleash MY ultimate beast!' "I play Trade-In to discard a level 8 monster from my hand!"

"Not so fast! I activate my trap! Anti-Spell Fragrance! Now all of us have to set spell cards before activating them! And we have to wait until our next turn to use them!"

"If that's the case, I'll set two more cards and end my turn." 'A minor delay at best.'

"My turn I draw! Since your fields are wide open, I'll attack you directly!" Streak and Blitz cringed as flames licked away at their life points! "I end my turn."

Streak and Blitz: 10000
Silver Heart: 16000

'Great. With that trap, Heart's made our decks more vulnerable.', Streak thought as he drew a card. He then looked to Blitz 'He seems so calm. Like he knows how this is gonna end. And that smile. He's got something BIG planned! He's got to! Wait...his face-downs! by having our spells face-down, Heart's gotta fire blindly!' Streak then noticed Blitz give him a small nod. 'Looks like I was right! Here goes nothing! Our fates lie entirely on our back-row!' "I'll set almost all of my hand and end my turn!" 'Please let this work!'

"Hmmm. So many targets, so little time.", Heart said with a dark smile. "I think I'll destroy...the one on the far left!" Uria fired a blast of flame that destroyed Streak's Magic Mallet card! "So much for your draw power! Now I'll attack! Burn them to their cores Uria!"

'Now's my window!', Blitz thought! "I activate my trap! All effect monsters on the field are switched into face-up defense mode and their defense points become zero!"

"No!", Heart hissed as Uria was forced into defense mode!

"Don't even think about trying to change Uria's position! Monsters switched into defense mode by Curse's effect can't change their battle positions!"

Heart scowled. "I end my turn."

"I draw!" Blitz smiled as he saw the card he drew. 'And now the tide turns.' "I activate another one of my face-downs! Mystical Space Typhoon! I'll use it to destroy your Anti-Spell Fragrance!" Heart's trap was destroyed by a gust of wind! "Now to unleash MY best monster! I activate the Advanced Ritual Art I set earlier! I'll send Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck to ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon!" Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX roared as he hit the field! "Now I'll attack your monster! And since he's in defense mode, I can inflict double piercing damage thanks to his effect!"

"NO!", Heart screamed as Uria was obliterated in a gigantic blast from Chaos MAX!

"I end my turn." 'That should free us up to make more plays. Looks like we're out of the fire for now.'

Streak and Blitz: 10000
Silver Heart: 8000

"I draw!" Heart frowned as she looked at her hand. "I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"My move!" Streak smiled when he saw the next card he drew! 'Perfect! I've got Dark Fusion and a strong EARTH monster! Now let's see if this card I drew can help me score a decent DARK monster!' "I play Cup of Ace! I'll flip a coin and activate an effect depending on the outcome!" Streak tossed a coin into the air, and it landed on heads! "Now I can draw two more cards!" 'Just what I needed to give Dark Gaia decent attack strength!' "I fuse Brron, Mad King of Dark World with Beta The Magnet Warrior through Dark Fusion! I fusion summon Evil HERO Dark Gaia!" Dark Gaia erupted out of a mound of rocks with an explosion of shadow! "Since he was fusion summoned, he gains attack equal to the total attack of his fusion materials! Now I'll attack your monster! And since I'm attacking with Dark Gaia, your monsters are switched into attack mode!" Heart's monster was switched into attack mode! "Dark Terra Force!" Dark Gaia destroyed Heart's Giant Germ with a powerful punch! Causing debris to hit Streak and Blitz!

Heart smiled. "When Giant Germ is destroyed, I can inflict 500 points of damage to you and special summon two more Giant Germs from my deck!"

"I guess I'll end my turn."

Streak and Blitz: 9500
Silver Heart: 5500

"My turn!" Heart drew her next card, and smiled. "I overlay my two monster! I Xyz Summon Sky Cavalry Centaurea! Then I'll attack your monster!"

Streak was shocked! "What?! But you'll take damage!"

"I will. But Centaurea's effect will take care of your monster! Centaurea can't be destroyed by battle while he has an overlay unit! And after the battle phase, I can detach an overlay unit to return your monster to your hand!" Heart cringed as she took damage, but smiled as Centaurea detached an overlay unit! Returning Dark Gaia to the extra deck! "I end my turn. Let's see how your new friend deals with my monster!"

Streak and Blitz: 9500
Silver Heart: 4000

"I draw!" Blitz looked over his hand. 'Even if I deal damage, she still gets an edge by returning my monster to my hand. But then again, who says I plan on just having ONE monster on my field?' Blitz smirked as he looked to his face-downs. "I play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Blue-Eyes White Dragon! Attack her monster!"

"Fool! Centaurea's effect will keep him on the field! Trying to get me to waste all my overlay units are you? You know I don't have to detach an overlay unit don't you?!"

"Maybe so. But that makes your monster vulnerable!" Heart cringed as she took damage from Blue-Eyes' attack! "Now I'll attack with Chaos MAX!" Heart's life points took another large hit! "You can choose to keep your monster on your field, but that makes him a huge target. If he isn't sent to the graveyard, then we have a target for almost limitless attacks. Not to mention we now have a sizable lead in life points." Blitz had a smug grin as despair sunk into Heart's face. 'Good. She understands just how vulnerable she's left herself.' "I end my turn."

Streak and Blitz: 9500
Silver Heart: 1000

'Blitz seems to have planned out this duel from the start!', Streak thought as he drew his next card! 'I don't know how, but he managed to make a perfect counter to Heart's strategy!' "It's my turn now! Heart...I'm gonna snap you out of this! I play Dark Calling! I can banish from my hand or graveyard fusion materials listed on a fusion monster that can only be summoned by Dark Fusion! I'll banish Brron and Beta The Magnet Warrior from my graveyard to fusion summon Dark Gaia to the field!" Dark Gaia materialized out of a swirl of shadow and earth! "Now! Attack Centaurea! Dark Impact!"

"AGH!", Heart screamed as her life points dropped to zero!

"Gaia. You know what to do."

Dark Gaia nodded. "Right." Dark Gaia caught Heart as she fell to the floor, and put his clawed hand to her face. A stream of darkness flew into Dark Gaia as it left Heart's body. "She'll wake up soon enough. But she won't have any memories of what happened." Dark Gaia was about to pick up Uria, but it vanished in a swirl of shadow! "Huh?!"

"Dark Gaia? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. But I don't think we'll have to worry about Uria anymore. His card vanished."

"Well, at least I've got Heart back.", Streak said with a smile as Heart began to wake up. "How're you feeling sis?"

"..Streak? What happened? The last thing I remember was hearing a voice...."

"Uria tainted you with his power. Hamon did the same thing to Sword. So I've still gotta save him."

"Oh man....did I do anything to hurt you?"

"No Heart. But you DID try to take Raviel from me. Let's just be glad you're safe now."

"Then it looks like I'd better head home. See ya bro." Silver Heart headed home, and Streak and Blitz went back inside.

'One down, one to go. I'd better leave Sword to Burst and Thunder.', Streak thought as he went about the rest of the day.