• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 782 Views, 204 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 8: Reunions - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends are about to have new friends join their group. But as new friends arrive, so do new enemies.

  • ...
5
 204
 782

Duel 20: True Friends

Burst had arrived at his house still in Blitz's body. 'I hope they don't try to tackle me or anything. There's no telling how much they're convinced that I'm not in this body.' Burst was about to knock on the door, but his mom opened it.

"...Blitz...no. Burst." Lumina pulled Burst into a tight hug. "You're alright."

"Mom? How did you know it was me in here?"

"Burst, I'm your mother. Do you think I wouldn't know my own son when I see him? You have the body of Blitz, but I can still see your heart clear as day. Your father also sensed that it wasn't you in your body.", Lumina said with a smile. Burst smiled in kind, but his stomach grumbled. "I'm guessing you could use something to eat." Burst ate the lunch his mom fixed up. "So what's your next move from here?" Burst finished eating before speaking.

"I guess that'd be convincing my friends. Chances are Blitz already told them plenty of lies about me not being in this body." Burst sighed. "I just hope they don't blast me with magic the second they see me. No use putting it off. I'm off to Sugarcube Corner. Wish me luck." Burst walked over to Sugarcube Corner, and took a deep breath before headin through the doors.. 'Here goes nothing....' Burst opened the door and was tackled when Pinkie hugged him!

"BURST!", Pinkie cheered.

"Pinkie?! How did you know I was in this body? Or that I was outside for that matter...."

"Your smile silly!", Pinkie chirped. "The meanie running around in your body had an awful fake smile. It was never genuine either! C'mon! Everyone's waiting for you!" Pinkie dragged Burst inside. "Hey everyone! Look who came by!" Applejack was the first on to inspect Burst.

"If that's really you in there Burst, how did we first meet?", Applejack asked.

"I was really digging into the lunch your granny whipped up. You even told me she made all the food for the cafeteria. Fluttershy. You comforted me when Hoops and his cronies made fun of me. I met you outside the school. Rainbow Dash, you crashed into me. Pinkie threw me a party, and I met Sunset during my first time at Discord's card shop. Rarity, I didn't meet you until my birthday party during Freshman Year. I met Twilight during the Friendship Games. My advice about tuning out the crowd helped you almost win against me in that duel." All the girls smiled. "Inferno. You're the one that got me into dueling by taking me to Discord's shop. Steel, I met you at the tournament held Sophomore year. Your first move was a self-destruct that wiped out most of my life points. Gold. I remember when you joined out band. You took up the bass position. It was also the first time we saw the spirits of our monster partners. Ace and Ice. I met the both of you after the Battle of The Bands. Ace joined my band, and he was dueling to free Ice from the monster controlling him. I also met Veenus and Fang at that time. Night, I met you at Battle City. Your Cyber Dragons put up a pretty good duel. As for the new faces, I've not met you yet. But all the same, nice to meet you." Burst looked at his friends. "Is that everything?"

"You're forgetting someone very important." Moon stepped forward. "So what do yo know about me?"

Burst sighed before wrapping his arms around Moon. "Does this feel familiar? I held you like this when I chose to-" Burst was cut-off as Moon kissed him. "...I take it you believe me?" Moon smiled.

"I knew before. I just missed kissing you. I knew it wasn't you at schol today. You'd never act like such a flirt. You're too sweet for that. And Blitz tried to force a kiss onto me. You just let it flow." Moon then hugged Burst tightly. "Right now I'm just glad you're back."

"Yeah. Now it's time to get my body back!", Burst said confidently.

"Then you'll be needing this." Gold handed Burst his true deck. Burst took out Blitz's deck.

"Time to have a little chat with my 'brother.' " Burst left to find Blitz. He didn't have to look far. Blitz was standing outside. "You're a pretty sore loser."

"I've worked so hard to get this point. And I won't have you messing up my plans again!" Blitz snarled. Burst tossed Blitz's deck back over to him. "This time I'll make sure you never get back up!"

"We'll see about that.", Burst said with a smile as he and Blitz activated their duel disks.

Burst: 8000
Blitz: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Blitz declared! "I'll reveal Blue-Eyes in my hand to summon Blue-Eyes Alternative! I end my turn with a face-down."

"I draw!" 'Good to have you back Blue-Eyes.', Burst thought as he looked at his cards. "My turn! I play Trade-In to discard a level 8 monster from my hand to draw two new cards! Now I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Dragon Spirit of White from my graveyard! Now I'll use his effect to banish your face-down!" Blitz scowled as his face-down was banished in a flash of light! "Now I'll reveal Blue-Eyes in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative! I'll use his effect to destroy your monster!" Blue-Eyes Alternative fired a bolt of lightning that struck down Blitz's Alternative! "Now I tribute Dragon Spirit of White to special summon Blue-Eyes from my hand!" Blue-Eyes let out a might roar as he took the field!

"Good to be dueling under you again Burst!", Blue-Eyes said with a grin.

"You too Blue-Eyes! Now on to business! White Lightning!" Blitz cringed as he took a huge chunk of damage from Blue-Eyes' attack! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Now that I've got my friends back, nothing's gonna stop me now!'

Burst: 8000
Blitz: 5000

'Years of plotting. So much planning. And he comes along and ruins it in a matter of days!', Blitz screamed in his mind as he drew a card! 'I've been planning for this for a long time. And this time he will not stand in my way!' Blitz had a savage grin. 'Now to make him and that stupid smile fade away forever!' "I play Chaos Form to banish Blue-Eyes Alternative from my graveyard! I ritual summon Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX!"

"No you don't!", Burst countered! "I activate my trap! Champion's Vigilance! Since Blue-Eyes is a level 7 or higher normal monster, I can use this trap to negate the activation of a spell or trap, or the summon of a monster! Then I can destroy that card!I'll negate your monster summon!"

"NO!", Blitz roared as Chaos MAX was destroyed before it even hit the field! Blitz scowled hatefully at Burst. "I end my turn."

"My turn then! I draw!" Burst smiled as he looked at his cards. "I'll attack you directly with Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" Blitz once again cringed as he took another large hit to his life points! "Too bad you're relying on only one card to win. You also treat your monsters as tools. My monsters are my friends! And because I stand by them, they stand by me! You should try talking to them.", Burst said with a smile.

"SHUT UP!", Blitz screamed! "I can't stand you! Treating your monsters as friends?! Having others to support you?! But worst of all...I HATE THAT STUPID SMILE ON YOUR FACE! YOU AND YOUR STRENGTH DISGUST ME! YOU'VE NOT PURSUED YOUR DESIRES BY USING WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY! IS THERE NOTHING YOU WANT?! THE ONLY WAY ONE CAN BE STRONG IS TO BE ALONE!"

Burst sighed. "I pity you Blitz. It's because I have people to fight for, people who give me a reason to take a stand that I've been able to come so far. I've got a family who loves me and taught me to be a good person! And as for my smile, the reason for me is far from stupid. I smile because I enjoy every duel I fight! No matter how high the stakes or how close to losing I am! Because at those last few turns, anything is possible!" Burst smiled. "And with that remark, I end my turn. Your move."

Burst: 8000
Blitz: 2000

"Spare me that trash!", Blitz snarled as he drew his next card! "I play The Melody of Awakening Dragon to add two dragons with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! 'NO! There's nothing to summon! And I've got no traps that can protect me! How?! How is he beating me again?!' "I end my turn."

"I draw!" Burst smiled as he saw his next card! "Now everything can be made right! I play Harmony Absolute!"

"YES!", all of Burst's friends cheered!

"I tribute Blue-Eyes from my field to summon Blue-Eyes Absolute from my deck!" Blue-Eyes Absolute descended onto the field in a majestic pillar of light! The second Absolute hit the field, Blitz clutched his chest in pain!

"GAAAGHH! WHAT'S....HAPPENING?!" Blitz stared in horror as his soul was dragged out of Burst's body! "No...NO! NOOOOOOO!!!" Blitz's sould was ripped from Burst's body while Burst's soul floated out of BLitz's body! Both duelists' souls returned to their original bodies and their decks did the same! When the light faded, Blitz scowled. "NO! I spent so much time on that plan and you ruined it in less than a day!"

"That's not all I'm about to spoil for you!", Burst said as he stretched in his real body."You forget. It's still my turn. And you've got an empty field. And I've got Absolute on my field. Time for some overkill. Would you care to do the honors buddy?"

Blue-Eyes Absolute grinned as he cracked his knuckles. "It would be my pleasure punishing this creep for running around in your body."

"Then let's rock the dragon Blue-Eyes! ABSOLUTE BURST KNUCKLE!" Blue-Eyes Absolute chraged his fist full of energy and brought it down hard on the last of Blitz's life points and leaving a crater in its wake! Blitz was revealed to be unconscious once the dust cleared. Burst stood triumphant! "Now that's how you finish a duel!" Blitz slowly rose, and scowled at Burst before fleeing through a portal. Burst's friends ran up to him and squeezed him! "Yeah. I'm happy to be back too.", Burst said with a smile. "But something tells me we haven't seen the last of Blitz. And his mother should be showing up soon too."

"Then we're just gonna have to kick their butts again!", Inferno boasted. "And this time you won't be going it alone!"

"Thank you. All of you. I couldn't ask for better friends than you."