• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 782 Views, 204 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 8: Reunions - Bahamut0



Burst and his friends are about to have new friends join their group. But as new friends arrive, so do new enemies.

  • ...
5
 204
 782

Duel 13: Reconciliation

Twilight had just arrived at Canterlot, and teleported into the castle! Princesses Celestia and Luna were waiting for her. "I came as soon as you received my letter!"

"I'm glad you could make it Twilight.", Celestia said with a nod. "It's most troubling to hear of Nightmare Moon's resurgence. But what's odd is that Sunset seemed so calm about it. Like she wasn't a threat."

"NOT a threat?!", Luna growled. "That monster was the reason I was stuck on the moon for a thousand years! If the nightmare wasn't over before, I'll be the one to end it with my own hooves! Even if it means we must journey to the human world ourselves to put an end to her!"

"Well....there's an even MORE unsettling part.", Twilight said nervously. "You see...the human world's Burst broke up his world's Celestia. And his new girlfriend is....well....Nightmare Moon." Both Celestia and Luna's eyes went wide at hearing this. "And she's living with him."

"Okay. We're going. As in NOW.", Celestia said sternly as she, Luna and Twilight headed for a carriage. The three soon arrived at the Castle of Friendship, and made their way towards the mirror portal.

"I know I'M one to say this, but aren't we going the LEAST bit overboard with all this? I'm sure Sunset and the others can use their magic to defeat her."

"This was problem born from OUR actions.", Luna hissed. "My sister and I will be the ones to resolve it. Now to put an end to the Nightmare." The three stepped through the portal and soon found themselves in the human world. But as opposed to their counterparts, Luna and Celestia were decked out in full royal regalia. "I suppose this should maintain a difference between our counterparts in this world." The three noticed the Dazzlings and their boyfriends walking out. "You there! Sirens!" Needless to say they were pretty surprised to see three of Equestria's princesses.

"Not that it isn't nice of you three to visit, but why are you here?", Adagio asked. Luna's gaze steeled.

"There is a great evil lurking this realm. Nightmare Moon has been living in this world. No doubt she plans to bring eternal night. Tell us where to find her. I'll personally put an end to all this."

Ace whispered into Fang's ear, and Fang nodded. Fang then transformed into his wolf cub form. "Maybe I can help sniff her out? Got anything with her scent on it?" Luna noticed Fang's tranformation, picked him up, and squeezed him tightly!

"HEY! He's my boy!", Aria snapped! "Quit hogging him!" Luna pouted. As the two were about to clash over Fang, Veenus and Fang went off to find Sunset. They didn't have to search very far.

"Oh. Hey you two. What's up?", Sunset asked.

"Sunset. We've got a problem.", Veenus said. "Princess Twilight's come here with Princesses Celestia and Luna."

"Wasn't expecting them to drop by."

"Sunset? They're not here for a visit.", Ace said. "They're here for Moon." Sunset's eyes widened. "And Luna's on the warpath." Sunset face-palmed.

"I should've figured that Twilight would freak-out.", Sunset sighed. She then got out her phone. "Burst's going to need to hear about this." Sunset text Burst about the princesses arrival and their intentions. "Well now that that's been taken care of, I need to have a few words with my former mentor." Sunset walked to the CHS entrance and addressed Princess Celestia. "Good to see you again teacher." Sunset was caught off-guard when Celestia ran up to her and hugged her.

"It's good to see you again Sunset.", Celestia said with a smile as she held Sunset close. Sunset had a smile smile as she returned the hug.

"Let's move on to why you and Princess Luna are here.", Sunset began. "Nightmare Moon's not a threat."

"Sunset. I know you and your friends can probably handle her, but this is a problem Luna and I need to take care of ourselves."

"But she hasn't hurt anyone during her time here!", Sunset protested!

"Time? She's been here for a while?"

"Well...yes. She's dating and living with Burst. The point is, she's not the same person who got Luna stuck on the moon! Moon's changed for the better."

Luna scoffed. "I doubt that. Surely you must be under her enchantment if you are so quick to defend her! But speaking of that mare, how is she even alive?!"

Sunset took a deep breath. "Princess Celestia told me that the elements have the power to purify, seal, or imprison. But there was never ANY mention of destruction. Moon told us that she'd been little more than a pile of magical mist. That is, until Burst came to Equestria. He left some residual magic. Moon used his magic, and reconstructed her body and came to this world."

"Why are you calling her that?!", Luna snapped! "Call her what she truly is! A nightmare! That's all she is, and all she shall ever be!"

"Why's it so hard for you to believe she's changed?!", Sunset spat. While Luna and Sunset were going at it, Burst was walking Nightmare to her locker. He then noticed a new text from Sunset. Burst opened the text, and his pupils shruk to pinpricks.

"Moon. I think you've got company."

Nightmare was puzzled. "What makes you say that?"

"Princesses Luna and Celestia just arrived in this world. And they're looking for you. From the sound of things, Luna's looking to destroy you. But...it's your call. You can either run, or face them." Nightmare took a deep breath.

"It's an easy choice...." Meanwhile, Celestia and Twilight had managed to calm things down with Luna and Sunset. Nightmare noticed things had become stable, she addressed the group. "Hello Luna." Luna glared at Nightmare the second she spoke.

"YOU!", Luna roared. Nightmare just shook her head at Luna's anger.

"Princess, please!", Burst pleaded. "Just hear her out!"

"So. You've fallen to her charms.", Luna said with her voice full of disgust. Burst was about to counter, but Nightmare stopped him.

"Burst. It's alright. If they don't believe me, then I see no reason in trying to say otherwise. Sunset. Gather the rest of the girls. I believe you know what Luna has in mind. There's no escaping it." Sunset sighed as she texted the other girls. They soon arrived. "All of you. Use your magic on me. If it gets Luna some closure, I wouldn't mind enduring another thousand years of isolation." The girls' hearts sank. "Don't try to stop me." The girls powered up and readied themselves to unleash the magic. Nightmare closed her eyes. 'I found a new life only to leave it once again. I guess it ends the same way as it began. Me being...' Nightmare then felt a familiar pressure around her waist. '...Alone?' Nightmare opened her eyes to find Burst holding her tight! "Burst....what are you doing?!"

"I'm not letting you go Moon. At least, not alone. You were alone for a thousand years Moon. And you shouldn't have to go back to being alone." A tear trickled down Burst's face. "It'll be alright. Because I'll be with you." Nightmare held Burst tight and smiled as tears fell from her closed eyes as the other girls unleashed the magic.

"Thank you...." The magic hit both of them full force! Leaving the two in a pillar of blinding light! When the light died-down, Luna's jaw dropped as she saw both Nightmare and Burst still standing! But most surprising was that Nightmare had sprouted her wings and gained a horn as well! Nightmare opened her eyes to see Burst standing before her. "I guess we're not going anywhere.", Nightmare said with a small smile as she let go of Burst.

"Would you REALLY wanna be somewhere else?", Burst asked with a grin.

"But...how?", Luna asked. Celestia let out a sigh.

"Because when you think about it, it's our fault Luna. My ignorance of how neglected you felt, and your jealousy of how beloved I was. Your jealousy gave her life. She's your child. In a way, all she wanted to do was make her mother happy. And all we've ever done was pin the results of our actions on her." Luna wanted to protest, but she knew that Celestia was right. Nightmare Moon was born out of her own jealousy, and Celestia's ignorance of her plight had only fueled Nightmare's creation. She was her daughter. And all she had done was curse Nightmare's name. Luna approached Nightmare feeling so disgusted and ashamed. Not with Nightmare, but herself.

"I'm sorry...." Luna grabbed Nightmare and fell to her knees. "I'm so sorry!" Nightmare knelt down to Luna's level and pulled her into a hug.

"No tears Luna. Now, the nightmare is truly over.", Nightmare said with a smile. "For you and me both." Both of them stood once again. Smiling that things had been patched-up. "From now on, call me Moon."

"I'll see you when you dream my little Moon."

"Looks like things are done here.", Celestia said with a smile. "It's time for us to return home. You're welcome to come with us."

Nightmare shook her head. "My place is here." Nightmare then looked to Burst and her friends. "And I have plenty of reasons to stay."

"Before I leave...here." Luna pulled out a necklace from the bag she had brought with her. "It's a piece of the armor we wore. Just so you can have a little piece of home." Luna returned to Equestria with Celestia and Twilight. Nightmare smiled at the piece. Rarity took an interest in the piece of armor.

"Moon, darling? May I borrow that?"

"Sure.", Nightmare said with a smile. "Hoping to get an idea for new designs?"

"You know me so well! I promise I won't keep it long!"

"Just be careful with it." Nightmare handed over the piece of armor, and Rarity happily accepted.

Later that night...

"Aaaannd, done!" Rarity smiled at her latest design which was inspired by the piece of armor Nightmare had given her. "Looks like I'll be dreaming well tonight." Rarity let out a yawn, and got into bed. However, a dark substance leaked from the armor piece, and entered Rarity's dreams. Rarity was unaware, and continued to sleep as if nothing was wrong. That is, until she saw her dreams.