• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 591 Views, 7 Comments

Reigniting The Flame - Melody Flare



After an arguement with her fellow sirens, Aria goes on a suprising adventure.

  • ...
1
 7
 591

Flash Back

The journal was the only thing she had left and now, it too was gone just like her pendant, her voice, and....Silver. Aria missed her friend, He was the only one who ever understood her, well Silver and Cherry, Cherry was more of a sister to Aria, and Aria remberered the last time she saw her friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thousands of years ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aria, what did I tell you about going outside, what would everypony say when they see a.....whatever you are." scolded a angry unicorn. "I mean really, look at you." she continued as she walked down the halls, leaving a sad Aria at the entrance.

"What'd you do this time Aria." asked a pink filly, who was coming in.

Aria grabbed a towel and gave it to her, for her to dry off from the harsh rain outside. "Nothing, Cherry, I just wanted to go outside and play in the rain just like you." Aria replied, looking at the approaching thunderstorm. "Looks like it was fun out there. The Pegasi must be working overtime." Aria said, laughing. Aria always felt at home in the water, but she didn't know why, let alone what she was. Aria wondered why she had never met another pony who looked like her, she eventually guessed that they may be underwater and she was the only one above the water.

"What are you thinking about, Aria?" asked a silver colt, who was drenched in water.

Aria laughed before getting him a towel. "The storm, and Miss. Rich yelling at you for getting her carpet all wet." Aria said raising an eyebrow. The idea of Miss. Rich looking at the wet carpet with teary eyes and yelling Silver Comet, and Silver giving that look of his made Aria want to laugh again.

"Well anyway... what does she know anyway Aria, Oh look at me, I'm Miss Rich and I'm a big meanie, and I don't like fun." Cherry said in her best imitation. "Besides why is she even in charge of an orphanage, if she doesn't like us anyway." Cherry said, walking down the hall with the others. Cherry looked at the other two and smiled. "At least we have each other. In fact..." she began as she grabbed the other two and pulled them into the lounge room. "I promise I'll always cherish you two." putting her hoof out.

"I promise I'll always protect you girls." Silver said, winking at Aria (making her blush). He the put his hoof out above Cherry.

"I...promise rain or snow I'll always be here." Aria said, finally putting her hoof in the center.

"Always..." Cherry began.

"...and..." Silver continued.

"...forever." Aria concluded.

All three smiled and Aria went to the window to look at the storm, followed by Silver.

"It's beautiful, looking at the falling rain." Aria said.

"I've seen prettier." Silver said following her gaze.

Aria turned to face him with a confused look on her face. "Oh really, and what is, may I ask." Aria said, feeling that weird feeling she always felt when she was with Silver. It was weird, she never felt it before or knew what it was, but she knew one thing. She would drop anything or help him even if she'd get hurt in the process. Why would I rather be here with him, than anywhere else or anypony else she thought.

"You, Aria." he said, shyly smiling at her.

"I..." Aria began. She looked at Cherry's face, and realized something. She's... "...sorry, I don't feel the same way." Aria lied, avoiding eye contact. She walked over to Cherry and smiled. "Cherry is the one you should like." she smiled as she walked to her room. "It's better this way, sure I may like him, but Cherry is more deserving of him than me. There'll never be anypony else like her." Aria convinced herself. "Besides I'm not a pony, I'll never fit in." she said to herself as she lied down on her bed and closed her eyes.
Mommy, were are you?" asked a frightened Aria, fighting the storm to swim up to the surface, frantically searching for her mother. "Mommy, where are you?" Aria cried, her tears falling as she finally got on land. Once she arrived on shore she saw a bearded unicorn looking at her sadly.

"You're mother is...follow me I'll get you out of the storm." he said as he took Aria with him into the city and into building. "Don't be scared, I'll protect you." giving her a reassuring smile, he knocked on the door.

"Who is it at this hour, can't you wait until...Oh Starswirl what is that?" gestured the annoyed pony.

"Cashmere, her mother was lost in the storm and she has no one left ," He turned to Aria "This is Cashmere Rich. She'll be in charge of you from now on. " he turned to leave when Aria hugged him.

"P-Please don't go, don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone," Aria cried.

"You're never alone my little pony. You're mother's not gone forever either, you'll eventually see her again." He said, leaving Aria with her new caregiver.

Aria opened her eyes, wondering why she's had that dream since that night. She didn't want to be in the orphanage anymore, tonight, she'd escape. Aria carefully walked down the stairs, leaving a letter on her bed for Cherry. She checked to make sure Miss. Rich was asleep before she headed out the backdoor and out into the night. Aria had only seen the night sky from the sea, so she was amazed at all the stars and cool feeling of the night sky. "Princess Luna has outdone herself, it's so amazing and beautiful." she said to herself. Once she got far enough away from the city, Aria saw a yellow figure ahead of her and ran to it. As she got closer she heard a song as well as seeing green smoke. What the... she thought looking at the smoke enter the gem of the other being.

"A-a-a-aaaa, A-a-a-aaaa, A-a-a-aaaa," the figure sang to her crowd, green smoke entering her gem.

Once Aria saw who was singing she realized she looked like her. "Who are you, what are you doing?" Aria ask, feeling her gem glow. Then Aria felt it, the energy was entering her gem, it was...delicious, Aria wanted more.

"Singing of course, how do you not know this, it's like sirening 101." she commented. "What, were you raised by ponies or something?" She asked, giving Aria a disgusted look. "You were, weren't you, well what do you think of our audience."

"What do you mean, our audience. I don't want to hurt them." Aria gestured at the fighting ponies. Aria wanted to run but her body stayed still, absorbing the energy.

"What do you think of our dinner, it's tasty isn't it. Oh, and don't worry we don't hurt them, they hurt each other." She smiled, circling Aria, "Sing with me, what do you say?"

Aria's brain was telling her to run back to safety but her body walked up to the siren and immediately started singing. Aria felt herself getting stronger, and enjoyed the feeling of actually being able to eat something that wasn't cold soup. Once they were done singing, she found out the siren was named Adagio.

"Did you feel that, my spell was stronger because you joined me, I got to eat more than usual...come with me." Adagio said staring at Aria. She looked at Aria and smiled, knowing Aria enjoyed singing.

Aria backed away, "I...can't, I feel bad about making those poor ponies fight. I don't want to ever feel that way again." Aria said crying, thinking about leaving behind her friends. "Find yourself someone else." she sobbed.

"I know it hurts at first, but eventually you shut off that part of you, the part that cares. Otherwise you starve, and can't eat without negative energy." Adagio said, "Besides, I wasn't asking you to come, I'll make you if I have to."

"I don't want to." Aria replied angrily.

"Really, what if I told you what really happened to your mother." Adagio sneered.

A year later Aria and Adagio met Sonata, who like Aria was raised by ponies, only she was raised by a family, something Aria never knew. It didn't take long for Adagio to recruit Sonata, considering Sonata didn't notice the fighting, as long as she had food she was happy. Aria however, never stopped thinking about Silver and Cherry, wondering what became of them.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter is darker, I wanted to show what might have led Aria into being who she is. I also made the memory it's own chapter because I though it would've been longer (which it was.) and I wanted another tone where Pinkie wouldn't interrupt Aria while she remembered, and if any one would like me to write a Cherry/Silver story let me know or even if you want to write it, feel free to, just link it to me, so I could see what you came up with. :twilightsmile: :raritywink:

Comments ( 1 )

Aria is a little on the dull side, but otherwise good job.

Login or register to comment