• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 1,585 Views, 199 Comments

Not a Cloud In the Sky - OutOfTheBlue



Cloud Nine was not like most ponies. Living a good life is hard when you always go it alone, but with a stranger randomly falling into his life, that's about to change.

  • ...
9
 199
 1,585

PreviousChapters Next
As A Family

Cloud, Pandora, and Aqua sat around the table in the kitchen of their new house. Pandora finished her mouthful before turning to Aqua.

"So, how was school?"

"It was good, I made some friends." Aqua replied. He reached for the dinner rolls only for them to scoot away. He turned to look at Pandora and grew a confused look.

"What are their names? Are they nice?" Aqua sighed. He'd heard about this from Rumble. Mom's apparently always ask tons of boring questions about school and don't let you do fun things like play in the rain. He looked to Cloud for help only for him to raise his hooves up in a clear "Leave me out of this mess" gesture. He turned back to Pandora.

"Their names are Rumble, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom. They're all nice although Rumble is my best friend." Pandora smiled and passed him a roll.

"Well that's nice! I'm glad you're having fun." They ate the rest of dinner in relative silence. Later, when Aqua was done with homework and was getting into bed, Cloud and Pandora walked in. Cloud gave him a hug and a "goodnight" and then Pandora gave him a kiss on the cheek. Ok, that part was fine about moms, but he hoped Pandora didn't make him stay inside during the rain. As they were walking out the door, Aqua called back.

"Goodnight Mom, goodnight Dad." If they were his parents now, he might as well call them that. They smiled before closing the door. He settled into his bed and realized he couldn't wait to see his friends tomorrow. His best friend Rumble, Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom. He smiled as he thought about Apple Bloom. She had a nice voice. And her coat was a nice color. He liked yellow, and red, like her mane and tail. Her bow was also really nice and he liked it. Tomorrow couldn't come fast enough!

Meanwhile, Cloud and Pandora were high-hoofing in the downstairs hallway. Cloud gave Pandora a smirk.

"I'm telling you, we've got this whole 'parent' thing in the bag. I mean, it's only been a little while, and he's already calling us 'Mom' and 'Dad.'" Pandora nodded while pressing up against him.

"Yup! And then after we get married we'll be just like any other family, except a bit different seeing as how two of us are changelings." Cloud grew a thoughtful expression.

"You know, I think we have to go fill out some paperwork for Aqua to be our son legally. I'll check at the town hall tomorrow." Pandora planted a kiss on his lips. After the kiss Cloud grew a lecherous smirk.

"You know, we have the house all to ourselves for most of tomorrow. Maybe we should spend some 'quality time' while Aqua is at school." Pandora gave him a disapproving look.

"Cloud, the doctor said no strenuous physical activity. And I'm pretty sure that counts as strenuous." Cloud sighed as he thought about all the different things he couldn't do because of his injuries. There was also the matter if his financial compensation. If the princesses didn't give it to him, he probably wouldn't be able to sue, because what lawyer would try to sue the princesses of Equestria. Pandora gave him gentle hug and started walking towards their bedroom. Cloud sighed, disappointed that even this short walk was starting to hurt. His smile returned when he started following Pandora to the bedroom. He might not be able to do anything, but he could still enjoy the view.

------------------------------

Aqua sighed as he thumped his head on his desk. Ten more minutes until lunch. His thoughts turned towards ideas for a cutie mark. Just because he wouldn't get one naturally didn't mean it couldn't be about something he enjoyed doing. As the minutes dragged by, he continued thinking of more and more possible cutie mark ideas.

*RIIIIIIIING*

As the bell rang, Aqua jumped up and grabbed his lunch. As he and the rest of the students poured out the small doorway, he spotted Rumble and dashed over to him. He, Rumble, and two other colts called Snips and Snails sat at a small table near the playground eating their lunches. They laughed as Snips and Snails started arm wrestling but neither could beat the other. As the ended puffing and panting, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked up. Remembering yesterday, Aqua prepared himself. He had to be carefully because apparently he had been saying things that hurt her feelings yesterday. He didn't want to do that because then he'd be the bully. Diamond Tiara smiled at him.

"My mom said she saw your dad yesterday. She said hewas in a wheelchair. So that got me thinking, maybe your cutie mark is going to be being just as bad at walking as your dad is!" She was sure this would work. He'd get mad, do something bad, and Miss Cheerily would get him in trouble. Aqua swallowed his bite of peanut butter and jelly sandwich before replying.

"He's not bad at walking, he just got hurt at his last job." Diamond Tiara scowled. She would have to try harder.

"Wow, to get that hurt must mean he was really bad at his job. What was he, a garbage collector? Did he trip over someponies trash?" Aqua shook his head. A crowd of foals was gathering around the table now. This would be all more satisfying with an audience.

"No, he was a Royal Guard. He got hurt when a spell misfired." All the assembled foals ooh-ed and ah-ed. Snips waved his forelegs to get Aqua's attention.

"Did ya dad eva arrest somepony?" Aqua nodded prompting cheers from the onlookers.

"Yeah, one time somepony tried to steal from a mare and he tackled him." This prompted more cheers and calls of how they wished their parents were guards. Diamond Tiara growled in frustration before grabbing his sandwich. Silver Spoon followed suit by grabbing the rest of his lunch.

"Hey! Give that back!" Aqua cried out. Diamond Tiara gave him a malicious smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you want these? O figured I should get rid of this trash for you." She threw his sandwich on the ground and stomped on it. Aqua narrowed his eyes at her and Rumble started getting ready to intervene. Whether to help or stop Aqua, Tiara didn't know. Now it would work. Miss Cheerily would get him in trouble and--

"DIAMOND TIARA!" She gulped. She slowly turned to face the now present teacher who was giving her a disapproving look. Before she could come up with an excuse, Miss Cheerily pointed a hoof towards the school building. Tiara growled, upset that her plan had backfired. When both the bully and teacher were out of earshot, the foals sans Aqua started cheering, glad that Diamond Tiara had finally gotten her comeuppance. Aqua smiled when Rumble gave him half his cheese sandwich.

"Looks like Diamond Tiara finally met her match! Way to go Aqua!" He cheered prompting Aqua to grow a nervous smile. Just then the CMC came galloping up and started jumping excitedly while cheering Aqua on. As the crowd started dispersing Aqua turned to Rumble and shrugged.

"I still have no idea what I keep doing!"

Author's Note:

Hey! You know the drill. Constructive criticism welcome.

PreviousChapters Next