• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 1,585 Views, 199 Comments

Not a Cloud In the Sky - OutOfTheBlue



Cloud Nine was not like most ponies. Living a good life is hard when you always go it alone, but with a stranger randomly falling into his life, that's about to change.

  • ...
9
 199
 1,585

PreviousChapters Next
To The Beach!

As the train pulled up to the station, a very sleepy Cloud stood waiting for a certain changeling. As soon as the disguised Pandora slowly shuffled up to him, Cloud said,

"Hey Pandora, can you take a note?"

"Mph."

"We need to try to get to sleep at decent hours, cause two hours ain't cutting it."

The train lurched as it entered the station, send Pandora sprawling into Cloud. She looked up at him with her best puppy dog eyes and whimpered,

"Carry me?"

Cloud groaned before stooping down. Pandora tiredly flopped onto his back before laughing,

"Aw... it's like how we first met."

"Except with way less blood and discomfort."

As the door opened, the two exited the train.

The town of Horseshoe was a relatively small town, it's red slate roofs and stucco walls gleaming in the warm sunlight. Atop of Cloud, Pandora gazed in wonder at the town with its tropical atmosphere. This was by far the most unique place she'd ever visited. Cloud walked calmly towards the outskirts of town carrying their luggage in his saddlebags while glancing at various signs for directions.

"Hey Cloud?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are we staying?"

"At a private cabana on the waterfront. You wouldn't believe how cheap it is in off season compared to the busy season. It cones with the perks of privacy and a great view of the bay."

"Is the sand here really white and as fine as sugar?"

"You bet it is, best beach this side of Zebrica."

"I'm definitely looking forward to swimming in the ocean, how about you?"

"That's my number one, though sunbathing is a close second."

"Wait, you like sunbathing?"

"Not really."

"Then why are you excited for it?"

"Cause who's going to rub sunscreen on you?"

Pandora rolled her eyes and gently smacked the back of his head.

"I should have known, you do seem to have a thing for my carapace when it's wet for some reason."

"That and I get an excuse to rub you flanks."

With a laugh Pandora replied,

"Pervert."

"Yeah, but I'm your pervert."

After a few minutes of walking past palm trees and other tropical flora, the two arrived at a pleasant looked cabana with a porch on both ends. With a flash of green upon entering, the pegasus and undisguised changeling were shocked at how luxurious their accommodations were. Cloud whistled,

"I knew this place was swanky, bit this is more than I expected."

"Yeah, this is just... incredible! I feel like royalty or something!"

"So... after we unpack do you wanna hit the beach. At noon we can head into town, they apparently have some nice cafes and restaurants around here."

"Yeah, but first can we do something?"

Cloud cocked an eyebrow,

"Do what?"

"In a magazine on the train, there was this test to see how much you knew about you special somepony, I want to do it. I ask you the questions first and then you do the same for me."

"Alright, but if it tells me to take a 'feelings inventory' I'm out."

"Alright, first question. What is your favorite color. I'm guessing... Blue?"

"Grey actually."

Pandora glanced at his mane and shot him a skeptical look.

"What? It's just always been my color of choice."

"Whatever, next question. Are you allergic to anything. My guess is no."

"I'm actually highly allergic to coconut."

"Wait really!"

Cloud nodded,

"My throat swells all up, that's why I carry a syringe of anti inflammatory with me."

"Huh, never would have guessed. Alright, last question, what is your favorite food? I'm guessing, spaghetti."

Cloud got a guilty look on his face,

"Alright, I um... need you to keep this a secret."

Pandora looked confused but nodded anyway.

"I really like the taste of... meat."

Pandora's eyes widened,

"I thought that was taboo in Equestria? How did you get some?"

"In high school, my only friend was a gryphon by the name of Stephen. We both didn't have friends and never really talked much but we ate lunch together every single day. He brought meat occasionally and would let me have some. I've been craving it for years but can only get it rarely at the only gryphon restaurant in Canterlot."

"Huh, well now I don't need to ask if you mind me having meat. Anyway, my turn!"

"Alright, what is your favorite color. I'm pretty sure it's blue."

"Yes actually... how'd you guess?"

"You always stop to look at the violets at the florist shop on the way to dinner."

"Wow, you could be a detective."

"Anyway, next. Allergies? No, I don't think you do."

"Correct again."

"And favorite food? Basically any form of sweet pastry."

"Dang, you're good. Now I feel like a dummy."

Cloud shrugged,

"I'm just observant I guess. You just learn other stuff really fast."

"Yeah I guess, anyway, it's time for the beach!"

"Yup, just let me get my swim trunks, did you get some for yourself?"

"Mhm, but I want them to be a surprise, you know, to see if you like them."

Cloud shrugged before grabbing his trunks out of the saddlebags. After he finished changing, he asked,

"Can I come out now?"

"Yeah, come on out!"

Upon exiting the bathroom, he froze when he saw Pandora.

"Well... do you like it? Or does it look silly?"

Cloud's jaw dropped and his wings sprang open.

"Hyu... gbah, bleh... whoa."

Pandora stood back to with a sheepish smile and her usual blue blush. But what really caught his attention was what she was wearing. Rather than a usual pair of swim trunks, Pandora was wearing a lime greem bikini bottom that drew attention to her flanks quite pleasantly.

"It looks silly doesn't it?"

"Holy, wow, just... ok um... wow."

Pandora blushed even harder after quickly reading his emotions. He apparently really liked it judging by what she was sensing while Cloud was having a quick internal lecture,

"CLEAN THOUGHTS CLOUD, CLEAN THOUGHTS!"

"But that flank! I mean... damn."

Cloud shook himself aware before giving her a smile.

"You look really good on it."

Pandora laughed,

"I can sense emotions you know, I wasn't expecting such a... strong reaction."

"Yeah but... to me, nothing could be sexier."

Pandora sighed,

"Thanks but, I just wish I had a mane to go with it. That's one thing I envy about ponies, yoi have such
beautiful manes and I just have my boring old crest. I heard legends while I was a nymph about the apexs, changelings who ate so much love that their bodies grew manes of their own. Bit their hasn't been one for generations."

"Well, I'll just have to find a way to love you even more."

Pandora smiled before kissing him gently.

"You're too sweet Cloud, I'm really glad we met."

"Me too, me too."

Author's Note:

Hey! You! Yeah you! Do you like writing comments? No? Well... okay then, you don't have to. Bit if you did it would be radical (RADICAL) and I would comment back and we'd be internet pals. Also I would feel really special. See you soon! (TOMORROW'S JUST A DAY AWAY MOTHER TRUCKERS!"

PreviousChapters Next