• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 1,585 Views, 199 Comments

Not a Cloud In the Sky - OutOfTheBlue



Cloud Nine was not like most ponies. Living a good life is hard when you always go it alone, but with a stranger randomly falling into his life, that's about to change.

  • ...
9
 199
 1,585

PreviousChapters Next
That's Not Good

Cloud woke up to a familiar feeling, a pleasant rubbing sensation across his stomach. His eyes snapped open to see Pandora as a gryphon smirking evilly at him. Great, now he wanted her to use those sweat, sweat claws to scratch his belly. He then felt the familiar itching sensation he had come to think of as his brain saying "that was awesome, do that again!" All over. He groaned,

"Dang it, now I have that itchy feeling, thanks." Before rolling out of bed.

"Well you wouldn't get up and you have work so I had no choice." She responded, reverting to her natural form in a green flash. Cloud also realized that the cold feeling in hus very bones had returned. For some reason his blood and inside certain bones felt chilled and thin unless he had recently eaten some resin. Not that he was complaining, that stuff tasted great, he just hoped he wasn't getting addicted. You couldn't get addicted to the equivalent of candy, could you?

Cloud donned his armor and slipped the pouch of his secret resin supply into his breastplate. He was not about to ask Pandora for some, cause that would be embarrassing, so he just gathered a bunch in secret and stashed it for consumption during work. He gave Pandora a kiss goodbye and flew towards the castle.

------------------------------

Cloud absentmindedly chewed a hunk of resin while he stood guard. The sweet yet tart taste filling his mouth. As he popped another piece of the acid green goo into his mouth, he couldn't help but grimace at how odd this probably was. He was embarrassed, but the taste coupled with the warm thick feeling in his blood and leg bones was more than worth it. As much as he felt like he should be concerned about that, he really didn't think it was that big of a deal.

He swallowed and was reaching for more when he heard hoofsteps approaching. A female guard came towards him, a mug held in her mouth. She was an earth pony and because of the armor's enchantment, she appeared the uniform white color.

"Hey Cloud, just thought I'd bring you some coffee." The mystery mare said. Warning bells went off in Cloud's mind. First, she knew his name; second, she was being nice to him for no apparent reason; and finally, she wanted him to drink a beverage for no apparent reason.

"What did you put in it." He deadpanned. She shot him a confused glance before setting the mug on a nearby table. She said,

"I just felt bad cause I'd never talked to you before. I really only noticed you at the banquet and wanted to extend this friendly gesture." She grinned. She placed the mug next to Cloud. Cloud picked up the mug and before drinking took a cautious sniff. It smelled fine, not a bad smelling prank. He cautiously took a sip while the mare continued,

"My names Heart Seeker, by the way." She announced while Cloud cautiously drank his coffee, a strange but not unpleasant taste following the bitter drink. After he finished it he said,

"Well, um, thanks I guess, I-" he was cut off by her asking,

"Do you like my new eyeshadow, I'm trying out a new color." As he looked into her eyes, his eyes snapped open, the storm grey orbs dulling slightly. He couldn't think straight, but who cared, he just wanted to stare at the gorgeous mare in front of him forever. As he grew a dopey grin, the mare smiled,

"That prize is as good as mine."

------------------------

As lunch rolled around, the one group of game playing mares, minus their leader Heart Seeker, went into lunch. They all froze when they saw her sitting not by herself, but beside Cloud. He was smiling oddly as he pressed up against her, resting his head on her shoulder. Heart Seeker grinned maliciously at the mares.

"Well girls, looks like I win." The mares were shocked, why would he be with her? He had a marefriend and from the looks of it during the banquet, was really in love with her.

"W-what? How?" One of the group asked. Heart responded by moving so she could place his head on her chest. Cloud looked into her eyes with a dumb smile, looking like a lovesick puppy.

"Well, I just convinced him who the better mare was, we haven't mated or kissed... yet." She said before leaning in to plant a kiss on Cloud's lips. Before she got to close, Cloud spasmed and attempted to jerk away, a look of sheer agony on his face as he clasped both hooves to his head and before Heart could stop him, bashed his head into the table. He looked up at the group and croaked,

"Help!" Before snapping back around and upon seeing Heart, grew that same dopey grin. The newcomer, a mare named Maple Wood gasped before pulling Closer away from the stunned Heart Seeker and snarling at her.

"I recognize these symptoms, you have him under a love poison! That's why he's with you! And that's why he was staring into your eyes so weird!" Heart looked stunned.

"B-but nopony can resist... wait, how do you know about that!" She growled.

"Easy, they added classes on Charm spells after a case if somepony misusing the want-it need-it spell a while back." She kept a firm grip on Cloud. Keeping his head turned away from Heart despite his struggling.

"Girls, keep Heart distracted, in order for the poison to wear off he has to not look into her eyes for a whole hour!" Before dashing off with Cloud dragging behind her. He kept smacking himself to try to resist the effects but was fighting an uphill battle. After he was locked in a closet, his mind became semi rational momentarily. He looked down at a cut he'd aquired and noticed rather than red, his blood was acid green.

"That's not normal." He gasped before shuddering and began breaking the door down. Moments later he was sprinting down the hallway, trying to find a certain mare.

----------------------

"But captain! She needs to be punished for this! She poisoned another guard!" Maple shouted.

"You don't have any proof newbie." Heart retorted. The captain grit his teeth,

"Maple Wood, if you get proof, I'll be more than happy to punish Heart Seeker. But I am highly doubtful that Miss Seeker would do such a heinous thing." The two mares left the office, one looking dejected and the other smug. A certain faux pegasus trotted up to Maple,

"Excuse me, do you know where Cloud Nine is, I'm here to have lunch with him." Pandora now disguised as "Honey Pot" asked. Maple turned to face her.

"You need to help me keep this mare away from him! She has him infatuated with her because of a love poison! If he locks eyes with her before the hours up, he'll remain under her curse!" After hearing this, Pandora gave the other guard a vicious look.

"Or, he just realized that I'm way better than you in every way you bitch. Just give up, he's mine." No sooner has the words come out before she ran around the two and towards the closet where she knew Maple probably his him. It was the only one with a lock that was close to the cafeteria. As the trio skid to a halt in front of the now ruined door, Maple gasped,

"He's gone!"

Author's Note:

Heya friends, remember to give me that feed back, and if you want to, drop a like to let me know if you enjoy the story so far!

PreviousChapters Next