• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 70 Comments

Society as We Know It - Comma Typer



While the Changeling Kingdom is being rebuilt under the rule of King Thorax, many changelings are finding it hard to fit in to their new lives. So, some of them take off to travel Equestria on their free days.

  • ...
8
 70
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Changelings Talking

Leaves rustled.

The four changelings were speeding, flying past the many trees with their beautiful leaves.

The wind they made as they flew rustled the leaves.

The buzzes of their wings filled the air.

"Humerus!" Blue Alarm yelled as he chased the flying changeling. "Stop this! You don't have to fly this much!"

"Yeah!" Red Noise shouted as he went past several trees. "What he said!"

"We cannot fly forever, Humerus!" Neon Guard said.

Then, Humerus stopped.

He landed on the ground.

The other three changelings landed on the ground.

Some leaves were falling off their branches. The sunlight made the forest look nice and lovely.

Blue Alarm stepped forward.

"Humerus," he said. "What's wrong?"

Humerus's eyes were watery, his mouth was shaky; he looked here and there, avoiding his friends. He whimpered, slowly stepping away from Blue Alarm.

"I...almost punched...a pony..." Humerus said, still walking away. "I...don't know..."

"Humerus!" Blue Alarm yelled again, sounding concerned. "We just want to be, well, good friends with you!"

"But, I could've hurt somepony!" Humerus yelled. "A pony! I could've hurt somepony! They were our heroes! They saved us! They're helping us! And, this is what I did to them! I could've punched somepony!"

"Then, get better!" Red Noise shouted, angry yet conerned as well. "The ponies are quite forgiving, so if I steal some food from them, they would forgive me very soon!"

Neon Guard nudged Red Noise. "That's not what we're trying to tell Humerus!"

"But, would they forgive me?" Humerus said. "I understand annoying them, but almost hurting them?" He paused, whimpering and looking at his friends. "Would they ever forgive a changeling who almost hurt them?!"

"They've already forgiven us for the times we've attacked them," Blue Alarm said, "so you're going to be forgiven easily."

Humerus whimpered more, looking away from his friends.

"Humerus!" Red Noise shouted. "We're trying to tell you that you're OK! The ponies are surprised now, but later, they're going to be friendly with you again!"

"Are you sure, Red Noise?!" Humerus yelled. "Are you sure?! After what I did?! Those ponies are kind, good—and, it wouldn't be right for me to hurt any of them! Twilight and Fluttershy were right! I should've controlled myself!"

Red Noise and Neon Guard stepped away.

Blue Alarm stepped forward.

Humerus stomped a hoof on to the ground, whimpering. "I should've controlled myself! I should've not been so crazy with my excitement over them!"

"Why didn't you learn that weeks ago?!" Red Noise shouted.

Neon Guard nudged him again, grumbling at him.

"Those ponies—they're my heroines! They saved us, they assist us in every way, and they're helping us live new, good lives without having to be evil and having to starve all the time! What else could I do than to thank them and then to be friends with them? I was good at my job! Infiltrating, disguising—but, why did I do that? I didn't have to! Now, I am free to do whatever I want—and what I want is good, something good, something right! Maybe you could understand me more if you knew that! Or, maybe I did tell you but then I forgot or you forgot!"

"Humerus," Blue Alarm said, "we're all new to this friendship thing! Of course, we're going to make some mistakes here and there. That's why we have Twilight, her friends, and the rest of the ponies to help us!"

"And then," Humerus yelled, "there's the cool things that ponies make! Their stories are always awesome, their artwork is so creative, their food is delicious—every dish, every course, they were all tasty! Best of all, the friendships that we all desire! And, look at what I did to them!"

"Are you even listening, Humerus?" Blue Alarm said, tilting his head with an accusatory look. "You're just going on, whining about yourself. You can do better than that, Humerus!"

"What else could I do?!" Humerus complained, throwing his hooves into the air in despair. "What if all that I did to the ponies was just annoy them to no end?"

"You're...a happy changeling, happier than others." He stepped forward.

"No!" Humerus shouted, holding a hoof at him. "You're just telling me that, thinking it's going to make me feel better!"

"Humerus, we don't want to be standing here and talking to you for a long time right here!" Red Noise yelled. "Let's try to settle the issue quickly, OK?!"

Neon Guard nudged him again and gave him a stern, fierce look. "Can you at least be patient with him?!"

"Well, let's speed this up!" Red Noise yelled.

"That's not how you deal with situations like this!"

"Humerus!" Blue Alarm yelled again. "Please, Humerus! There's always another chance for you! The ponies are willing to be friends with you again! All you need to is to change, and that starts with stopping all this!"

"But...what about—"

"The ponies are going to forgive you!" Blue Alarm shouted. "That's the truth!"

Then, he gasped for air, exasperated.

He closed his airs.

He gasped.

He took in air.

He let out air.

Then, he opened his eyes.

He look at Humerus.

Humerus was smiling.

Then, Humerus hugged him.

"That means we're good, right?" Red Noise said.

Neon Guard groaned as they walked towards the changeling embrace.

Blue Alarm smiled.

"Now, calm down," Blue Alarm said as he embraced Humerus. "It's going to be alright."

Then, Neon Guard joined the hug.

"This is just getting very sappy and sentimentalistic!" Red Noise complained, rolling his eyes as he observed the light-hearted hug. Then, he smiled. "And, I'm joining you, guys!"

And Red Noise embraced the three.

"Just be better, OK, Humerus?!" Red Noise then shouted at Humerus. "We don't want anymore things and events like this, alright?"


"Everypony, they're over here!" the guide yelled, pointing a hoof at the embracing changelings as a lot of ponies followed him.

Sky Stinger flew his way towards them. Vapor Trail flew beside him.

The ponies ran and flew past the trees.

Then, they stopped. Some were even screeching as they struggled to stop their run.

The four changelings were embracing each other, sometimes laughing as they talked to each other, assuring each other.

"So, I guess the problem has been solved," the guide said. "Does that mean you're going to continue the tour through White Tail Woods?"

PreviousChapters Next