• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 2,915 Views, 70 Comments

Society as We Know It - Comma Typer



While the Changeling Kingdom is being rebuilt under the rule of King Thorax, many changelings are finding it hard to fit in to their new lives. So, some of them take off to travel Equestria on their free days.

  • ...
8
 70
 2,915

PreviousChapters Next
Occasion

The smell of apple pie was delicious and tasty as it wafted through the air, going past several ponies who eyed the delicacy that emanated such a wonderful aroma. A few ponies were already seated at the tables, looking at the pie with great desire. There were a few changelings there, too. They looked at it with great desire, also.

Applejack held the plate up with her hoof. The apple pie on the plate was a pie of meticulous quality. Its crust was superb, its smell was good. The ponies kept on looking at the pie.

"Everypony!" Applejack yelled. "It's time for some food!"

And everypony and every changeling cheered as Applejack walked to one of the tables and placed down the apple pie on it. The two ponies who were at the table smiled.

Some ponies were noisy as they kept cheering on Applejack. She walked back to the farm house.

"Now, we're going to have to wait!" a pony complained. "Why can't we just have waiters here?!"

Applejack looked at the complaining pony. "If ya' can just keep waitin', then you'll have yer' pie, OK?" Then, she went inside the farm house.

The pony groaned and placed a hoof on the table. He rubbed his side.

The pony across the table looked at him. "So, what's the occasion? Why did you get me here? It's sunset, almost nighttime."

"Just an occasional party," the pony who had complained said. "Why not join in? Why not enjoy the tasty food the Apples serve here? Applejack is a great cook."

"You brought me here just to eat some food?"

"Why not?" He looked at one of the changelings. "Changeling! I guess you're here for the free food, too, correct?"

"But, why would I be here if it weren't for the food?!" the changeling shouted. "Everything here is amazing! Everything here is good!"

The pony looked back at his friend. "Everypony and every changeling here is for the food. There's no way you can get out of here without eating some of the food."

"But, what about my plan?"

"What plan?"

"My plan to just visit?" the pony said. "I'm not here to stay for the food. I'm just here to visit."

"Enjoy the visit!" the other pony answered. "Don't get yourself nervous and tired about all the things you have to do tomorrow. Enjoy the day!" He glanced at the changeling. "Enjoy today!"

The changeling smiled. The changeling turned to his changeling friends at the table. "That was a nice pony."

"Kind of you makes you think about it all," another changeling said. "Like, what about all the ponies who decided to make the food just for us. We didn't have to do anything. All we had to do was go here."

"That's called family kindness," the changeling said.

Applejack arrived holding many more plates of apple pies. The ponies looked at her and the food she was carrying. They smiled and gazed upon the pies.

"Get yer' pies here, fellas!" Applejack shouted.

And many ponies grabbed their pies from her plates. They hurried to their tables and munched on their pies.

A changeling grabbed a few pies and placed them on the table. He sat down. "There's going to be lots of eating, I can tell." He looked around. "Just look at the ponies! They're all feasting on the food! They're not talking to each other a lot anymore!"

"That's because they're busy," another changeling said. "Busy eating." He looked at the changeling beside him. "Come on. You can go eat that pie now."

The changeling then ate the pie.

"Lots of food going around," the changeling said. "Everypony is excited for the food. Then, when all the food is done, they can leave or stay. It's a good place they're in."

"Ponyville?" another changeling asked. "I think it is. But, what about other places? There are places like Canterlot."

"I prefer the simple feel of Ponyville," the changeling answered. "Not to mention the ponies who live here are friendly. You have Twilight Sparkle. Then, you have her friends. They're quite friendly."

"That's OK," the other changeling said. "It's good that Ponyville has them."

The changelings then went on with their eating their apple pies.

Applejack looked upon the ponies and the changelings who were eating the apple pies. The mare walked slowly towards one of them. Then, she stopped. She looked around, seeing all the ponies and the changelings who were there. "Ah' think this is a fine event goin' on," she said.

Then, she walked back to the farm house and turned around and looked upon the ponies and the changelings again.

She looked at the changelings who were eating. "Even the changelins' are happy!" She sighed. "This is a fine place to live in."

She went inside the farm house.

The changelings went on eating their apple pies along with the ponies who were there. There were short talks here and there as the eating went on. A few ponies who were walking there looked at all the ponies and the changelings who were eating and joined in. They sat beside friends. They joined in the eating. The atmosphere was friendly as more talking went on.

The occasion went on for a while. As apple pies were eaten, talking went on. The ponies became more talkative, became louder. They talked about a lot of things from how the food, the apple pie, was to how their friends were. They were all quite happy and joyful about it all as they sat on their chairs.

The atmosphere was friendly. Everypony was happy as they enjoyed each other's being there.

Then, the ponies and the changelings left the place.

Applejack watched them leave. "They're good," she said. "They're good creatures."

The changelings went with each other. They walked with the ponies out of Sweet Apple Acres.

The talking went on as they walked. Then, they approached the buildings of Ponyville. The other ponies who were there looked at them and smiled.

A few unicorns walked with each other as they looked at the castle and went there. Several other ponies were going to Sugarcube Corner. Others were going to the boutique. There were some ponies who went to their own houses.

"This is a great and wonderful day!" one of the changelings exclaimed. "We've had apple pie from Applejack! When we go home and tell our friends about this, they're going to be excited to come here!"

"A lot of them already went here," another changeling said. "I think that's OK. They can come here again."

"That's amazing, isn't it?" the changeling said. "Ponyville is the best place to be in if you're a changeling. And, if you're a pony."

"It probably is," the other changeling said. "Now, what else? What's the plan? Do we go out now? Or, do we stay here?"

"I guess we'll stay here," the changeling said. "It's not a bad idea. We can sleep over in the castle."

"Do you think we're allowed to sleep there?" the other changeling said. "It doesn't sound like a good idea to me."

"It probably is. Think about it! We can sleep there in the same building!" the changeling said. He looked around. "We can sleep together in the same room and it will be OK and amazing and good! Don't you like that?"

"It's still a castle," the other changeling said. "Are you sure we can actually sleep there? Maybe they might not like it that we're going to sleep there."

"But, what if we want to sleep there?" the changeling said.

"It doesn't matter if we want to. If we're not supposed to, then we're not going to sleep there. I might like it, but I'm not going to sleep there."

"Come on! Try being positive about it for once!"

"I'm trying to be positive," the changeling said. "I'm just thinking about all that's going to happen if we do this or that, if we do that or this. I'm not going to rush in without thinking."

"I thought about it! It's going to be cool!"

"I thought more about it and we might not be able to sleep there."

"So, where are we going to sleep?"

"We can ask a pony if we can sleep at his house," the changeling said. He looked at one of the houses. "Maybe that house. Or the house beside it. A simple house. A simple bedroom with simple things. Just the way I want it to be."

"That's what you want it to be. I want it to be grand like the castle!"

"Just stick with it. You're going to face less trouble if you're just going to be OK with sleeping in a normal, simple house with no grand decorations. Just a normal house. Just a simple house."

"But, that's boring!"

"To you, it may be boring. To me, it's OK. It's one of the best things to have."

"Boring?"

"No, not boring."

"But, I think it's boring."

"You can keep complaining about it all you want, but I want to sleep in a normal, simple house and you're not going to stop me. It's not going to stop. I'm going to sleep in a normal house and it doesn't matter how much you want to stop me. I will sleep in a normal and simple house despite all that you may throw at me. I will sleep there and not at the castle not only because I want to but because I know that I'm not allowed to sleep at the castle. There is no arguing with that. You won't stop me from sleeping at a normal and simple house and I will sleep at a normal and simple house. This house is going to the best house you'll ever sleep in, and I won't let you stop me from sleeping in a house. I will sleep in a normal and simple house and I will sleep there. There will be no stopping me because it is what I plan to do, it is what I plan to do. There will be no arguing." The changeling sighed.

The other changeling looked at his friend. "That's not good."

"Come on. It's not bad. It's going to be good. Good sleep."

The other changeling sighed.

"Just sleep in a house."

The other changeling smiled.

"That's OK."

The changeling smiled.

PreviousChapters Next