• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 2,914 Views, 70 Comments

Society as We Know It - Comma Typer



While the Changeling Kingdom is being rebuilt under the rule of King Thorax, many changelings are finding it hard to fit in to their new lives. So, some of them take off to travel Equestria on their free days.

  • ...
8
 70
 2,914

PreviousChapters Next
Thoughts

"What about Fluttershy?" a changeling asked a pony as they sat on their respective chairs across each other.

"What about her?" the stallion said. "She's...shy. Well, not really shy, but she's still shy."

"That's good to know," the changeling said. He looked out the window and saw a few ponies playing. He turned to see the stallion in front of him. "Well, she may be shy, but is she also a good business pony?"

"Why?"

"I'm not here to make you wonder about the position of where I am," the changeling said.

"What?"

"You're not here to ask me questions like that."

The pony looked confused. He looked at Pinkie who was working behind the counter. He looked back at the asking changeling. "What are you trying to do? Are you trying to do something? Trying to make yourself look, I don't know, cool?"

"I'm just asking a simple question."

"What kind of a question are you asking?"

"Just a question."

The stallion stood up. "I don't know what you're trying to do! I don't know what's the whole plan behind what you're doing, but you're not going to make me waste my time here!"

"No, I'm not wasting your time!" the changeling said. "I'm here to make some good conversations with you."

"This is a bad conversation!"

The changeling looked around. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "Try asking her about it."

"About what?" The stallion looked at him. "I don't want to hear about it!"

Pinkie looked at the two. "So, what are you doing?"

The stallion looked at the changeling. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "I don't know what he's trying to do!"

"Of course, you do!" the changeling said, looking at the stallion. "I'm trying to talk to you and that's all! There's nothing I'm trying to hide, OK?"

Pinkie approached the two. "Well, if you're not going to stop fighting about it, what about I tell you something?"

"Tell me what?" the stallion said, looking at Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie looked at the stallion. "You just need to be friends!"

The stallion looked confused. "What? Why?"

Pinkie went to the changeling. Then, she looked at the stallion. "It's for what's good, that's what! That's what I want to tell you, and that's OK!"

"What?"

"Don't worry," Pinkie said. "You're going to comprehend it all soon."

"What?" The stallion still looked confused.

"It's going to be good for the both of you," Pinkie said, looking first at the stallion then at the changeling. She smiled. "It's going to be great! Seeing you two as friends! We'll have parties!"

"Parties?" the stallion said. "I don't want parties with this changeling!"

"Well, it's probably for the best of us that we should," the changeling said. "Otherwise, we wouldn't be having a good friendship just like Pinkie said."

Pinkie looked at the stallion and smiled. "See? The changeling is correct! You should be having a fun day together! Maybe you should go to Canterlot and see what sites are thereā€”or, maybe you should go to the Crystal Empire and you can talk to both Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor about how life is in Ponyville and in the Changeling Kingdom and everypony is going to be amazed at your talking skills and how you're very close friends and then ponies and changelings will learn from the both of you and you'll become one of the greatest friends of all time! You must be joyful to hear that, aren't you?"

The stallion looked at the changeling. Then, he looked at Pinkie. He placed a hoof on one of his ears. "What? I didn't know you were going to do that, Pinkie! This is not cool or nice at all! This is bad!"

"What's bad about being friends with a changeling like him?" Pinkie asked. "Are you afraid? Is that what you are?"

"It's not that I'm afraid," the stallion said. "I'm just not wanting to be friends with him, that's all!"

"Don't be like that! It's not nice to be like that!"

The changeling looked at Pinkie.

Pinkie looked at the changeling. Then, Pinkie looked at the stallion. "What about you at least be with him for a few hours? Maybe you'll change your opinion."

The stallion looked at the changeling. Then, the stallion looked at Pinkie. The stallion looked at the door. Then, he walked towards the door.

Pinkie looked sad. She turned to face the changeling. "Don't worry about ponies like him. They're probably going to change their attitude soon."

"I don't worry," the changeling said. "I've seen ponies like that."

"Are you OK?" Pinkie asked. "Do you need something like a pie?"

"It's OK," the changeling said.

"I just don't want to see you sad, that's all," Pinkie said.

"I'm not sad," the changeling said. "I just wanted to have a friend."

"Don't you have any changeling friends?"

"I have. But, I wanted a pony friend, also."

"Well, at least you're in Ponyville," Pinkie said. "There's lots of friendly ponies who live here! There's Lyra, there's Davenport, there's other ponies!"

The changeling looked at the door. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "I'll be OK, Pinkie."

"Do you want me to see you later?" Pinkie asked. "Because, I think I will if you're going to the castle."

The changeling flew away.

Pinkie sighed.


The changeling hovered. He passed by a few buildings and several ponies. They had smiles and were talking to each other. The changeling looked sad. He flew over to the boutique. Then, he went to the door.

He looked around. There were a few ponies nearby.

Then, he flew away from the boutique. He looked around.

He stopped in front of one of the buildings there. There were sounds of talking. He approached one of the windows. Then, he went away from the window. He flew.

The changeling placed a hoof on his chin. He looked at one of the buildings. Then, he stopped. He went back to the bakery.

He went inside.

There were sounds of eating and of talking. Pinkie was behind the counter, bringing more and more desserts on to the counter. She looked happy.

He looked at the customers who were there. They were happy.

The changeling looked at Pinkie.

Then, Pinkie looked at him. "Oh! You! It's nice to see you!"

"Yeah, it is," the changeling said, slowly walking to the counter. He looked at the customers.

Pinkie went to one of the customers.

The changeling looked at her.

She went back to the counter.

He looked at the customer.

Pinkie went back to the customer.

The changeling looked at another customer.

Then, Pinkie went back to the counter.

The changeling looked at Pinkie.

Pinkie looked at the customer.

The changeling looked at the customer.

Pinkie went back to the customer.

The changeling looked at Pinkie.

Pinkie looked at the changeling.

The changeling looked away. He walked to one of the customers.

The customer looked at him.

Then, the changeling walked back to the counter.

Pinkie looked at the changeling.

The changeling looked at Pinkie.

The changeling looked away. Then, he looked back at Pinkie. "I don't want to be lonely, Pinkie."

"Of course, you shouldn't want to be lonely!" Pinkie said. "Do you want to go to the boutique later? Rarity is there! Maybe she has a few customers there, though. That would be a problem. That would be bad if we just went there."

"What about I invite some of my friends?" the changeling asked.

"You should!" Pinkie said. "The more the better! We would have a good time!"

"What about not at the boutique?" the changeling asked. "I want another place. Some other place like the castle. Is that allowed?"

"Is Twilight busy?" Pinkie asked. "I don't know if Twilight is busy, but if she is busy, then I don't think we can go there. Or, maybe we can but we'll have to go to another place."

The changeling looked around. "But, what if I want to go the castle?"

"The castle is a good place," Pinkie said. "But, Twilight also has work there. Royal duties. Princess duties. She is the Princess of Friendship. Maybe you want to meet her!"

"That would be nice," the changeling said. "But, if she's busy, then I won't get to meet her."

"Maybe not today," Pinkie said. "But, tomorrow is a good time to meet her! She's free and she's planning to go to a place with all of us!"

"What's the place?"

"I don't know!"

"Maybe you should know!"

"Well, I don't know!"

The changeling looked around. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "How do you like this town? This place? Ponyville, I mean."

"I've been here for years!" Pinkie said. "The ponies here are always happy to see me! I even met my best friends here!"

"You must be happy to be here," the changeling said.

"Of course, I'm happy!" Pinkie said. "There are lots of ponies here who are happy, and I'm here to make sure everypony is happy!"

The changeling looked around again. Then, he looked at one of the customers. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "Do you want to go out with your friends?"

"Of course, I do!"

"What about going out with more friends?"

"That would be even better!"

"If I brought my friends along with yours, how would you feel?"

Pinkie smiled. "That would be one of the best ideas ever!"

The changeling looked at one of the customers. Then, he looked at Pinkie. "Do you want to go now? Or, do I have to wait?"

"Wait until tomorrow? You still have to wait. Twilight is busy today. She cannot go with us now. Tomorrow, she's free."

"That's not bad."

Pinkie looked at one of the customers. Then, Pinkie looked back at the changeling. "Do you have any plans?"

"What?"

"Plans for tomorrow. You're going to be with us, and you're going to go with us and you'll be having fun there. You must have it all planned. There's going to be lots of things to do there."

"I don't know," the changeling said. "I haven't planned for it."

"You should!" Pinkie said. She looked at one of the customers. Then, she looked at the changeling.

The changeling smiled. "OK, Pinkie!"

PreviousChapters Next