• ...
26
 10
 1,499

PreviousChapters Next
Ep. 19 (Re-creation) - Little Red Riding Mare

It was a rainy day out in Ponyville. Little Bear, Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Spike were in the house of Sweet Apple Acres. They watched the rain outside the window. "What stormy weather we have right now.", Little Bear said with his hands to his cheeks.

"You said it, Little Bear.", Twilight said.

"I guess we won't be out there playing ball.", Pinkie said sadly.

Spike was groaning on the couch as he felt so bored, because the rain wasn't fun to him. "I am so bored!", he snorted. "How come we can't go outside yet?!"

"Because, we'll get wet if we go out there, Spike.", Little Bear said.

"Yeah, it's not good for your health to be out in the rain.", Fluttershy said.

"Well, it better end soon.", Spike groaned. "I'm about to climb the walls."

"Spike, will you just chill out?", Scootaloo asked. "If you're so bored, then think of something to do."

"I will think of something to do.", Spike said. "It's on my 'bored' of boredom."

"Maybe a card game?", Rainbow Dash asked.

"Nopony brought cards, Rainbow.", Rarity said.

"Lunch?", Apple Bloom asked.

"We just ate, Apple Bloom.", Applejack said.

"I would go for a nap.", Little Bear said.

"Aw, but that's boring.", Sweetie whined.

"Sweetie Belle, don't offend Little Bear.", Rarity said. "He's not saying we all can take a nap, if he wants to take a nap, he can."

"I have to go with Little Bear on this one, I would go for a nap too.", Applejack said.

"Yeah, but we're trying to decide what we all should do.", Starlight said.

"If there's anypony who's bored, the mare of story time is here.", Granny Smith said, entering the room with a grin.

"Oh, hi, Granny Smith.", Little Bear said. "Uh, did you say something about story time?"

"I sure did, youngin.", Granny said. Whenever there's a storm, I would tell Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac stories." She sat down in her rocking chair. "Would y'all like to hear one?"

"Sure, Granny.", Little Bear said. "Grandmother Bear tells me stories all the time."

"Oh, I bet you will like mine, Little Bear.", Granny said. "And this is one of Apple Bloom's favorite fairy tales, Little Red Riding Mare."

"Yes, I was hoping you would bring that up, Granny.", Apple Bloom cheered happily.

"Little Red Riding Mare?", Little Bear asked. "I think you mean Little Red Riding Hood."

"Ah yes, of course.", Rarity said. "Because you live in a different world where everything is different from ours."

"That's right, Rarity.", Little Bear said.

"Alright, lets get started with the story.", Granny said.

Once upon a time, Little Red Riding Mare was galloping on the path and through the forest where her grandma lives. She sang a little tune while she held a basket of cookies in her mouth. She was told by her mom that she was not allowed to stop to talk to any creature in her path.

Therefore, the big bad wolf spotted her behind a bush. She jumped right in front of her and shouted, "Cookies!"

"I'm sorry, but these cookies are for Grandma.", Little Red said, passing through the wolf.

"Oh, my apologies for getting in your way and scaring you.", the wolf said.

"That's alright.", Little Red said. "Tell you what, I'll share with you next time when I come here."

As the wolf watched Little red gallop away into the path. He thought of a perfect way to get those cookies. He's going to sneak into her grandma's house and take her place as being her personality.

When Little Red reached her grandma's house, she knocked on the door. "Grandma, I'm here.", she sang happily. She didn't hear a reply. She knocked again. "Grandma, can you hear me? I thought you would be awake in this time of day." She entered the house and looked around. "Grandma, where are you?"

"I'm in here.", a voice said. It came from the bedroom.

Little Red entered the bedroom and saw the figure that looked like her grandma in the bed. "Grandma, is that you?", she asked.

The figure nodded, but didn't say anything.

Little Red got a little closer. She needed to figure out who the figure is. "What big eyes you have, Grandma?", she asked.

"The better to see you with, my dear.", the figure said.

"What big ears you have, Grandma?", Little Red asked.

"The better to hear you with, my dear.", the figure said.

"What big mouth you have, Grandma?", Little Red asked.

"The better to eat your food with!", the figure shouted, jumping out of the covers. It was the wolf. He jumped over to Little Red, but the mare dodged him.

"You?!", Little Red asked, screaming. "What have you done with my grandma?! Did you eat her?!"

"She's alive, but I have her hidden somewhere you'll never find her.", the wolf said, scheming.

A bear in a lumberjack outfit barged in the room, holding an axe. "Stop right there, you menace!", he shouted, pointing to the wolf.

"Oh dear.", the wolf said. "It's the lumberjack of the forest."

"What did you do with that old lady you kidnapped?", the lumberjack asked.

"Ok, she's in that wardrobe.", the wolf said, cowering in fear and pointing at a wardrobe against the wall.

The lumberjack walked over to the wardrobe and opened it up, seeing Little Red's grandma tied up. He used his axe to cut the rope and set the old mare free.

"You schemer!", the grandma bellowed. "I can't believe you snuck into my house and tied me up! You were going to eat my granddaughter!"

"Please, ma'am.", the wolf said. "I don't want any trouble. Please give me another chance, I promise I'll never harm anypony again."

The grandma took a deep breath and calmed down. "Alright, I'll give you another chance.", she said. "Stay away and keep away from my property, until you learn your lesson on not harming anypony who enters the forest."

"Yes, ma'am.", the wolf said.

Little Red, the grandma, and the lumberjack bade the wolf farewell.

"Here.", Little Red said, handing the wolf a cookie. "I want you to have one while you're on your exile."

"Thank you so much, miss.", the wolf said. He pecked the little mare on the cheek and ran off into the forest.

Little Red and the lumberjack headed into the house with the grandma and enjoyed their afternoon.

Granny Smith had finished the story. "The end.", she said.

"Wow, your a pretty great story teller, Granny Smith.", Little Bear said. "Even though it's different from the story that's from my world, it's still pretty good."

"I'm glad you liked it, Little Bear.", Twilight said.

"Anyways, I made apple pie before I came to y'all.", Granny said. "Who wants a piece?"

"I'd like one.", Little Bear said. "Listening to the story has gotten me hungry. for pie."

PreviousChapters Next