• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 3,663 Views, 84 Comments

Operation: Starburst - randomkid



Sunburst is coming to ponyville and Spike has a plan for him.

  • ...
6
 84
 3,663

It begins

Sunburst got off the train as fast as he could, bumping into a few ponies on the way out. When he exited, he saw Spike at the train station sitting on a bench. Spike noticed him and waved.

"Spike! What's the problem?! I got here as fast as I could!" Sunburst said frantically, looking around for any possible danger.

"Why are you so panicked? It's not like we have some big problem threatening Equestria," Spike responded calmly, standing up from his seat.

"But you said this was a friendship problem!" Sunburst said, worry in his voice.

"Oh yeah. You've never dealt with a friendship problem before. Don't worry, friendship problems don't usually threaten Equestria," Spike said trying to calm Sunburst down. "You'll be fine."

"Oh, well," he said recomposing himself. "What is the problem?"

"Follow me and I'll show you," Spike said, turning his back and walking towards Twilight's castle.

When they got to the castle, Spike opened up the giant crystal doors. Sunburst stood shocked to see this big out-of-place castle in the middle of this small little town. It actually quite reminded him of the one back at home that he had just started to get use to.

"So this is princess Twilight's castle?" Sunburst asked, still looking around. Spike gave him a small nod and continued to lead him up the stairs. "So this is where Starlight has been staying? She's mentioned, in her letters, that it's real easy to get lost in here. I'm starting to see what she meant."

"Eh, you get use to it," Spike said, nonchalantly. "Okay so the throne room is just up ahead. Last time I checked, Twilight was there so we'll just check in to show her you made it here safely."

Sunburst nodded as Spike opened the door to the big throne room. He saw the big round map in the middle of the room with seven crystal thrones surrounding it. In the throne right in the middle sat Twilight, talking away with Starlight Glimmer.

Sunburst looked at Starlight. He felt a desire in his heart to go to her and hug her right away, but he resisted. Ever since Sunburst started talking to Starlight again, he's grown this feeling of desire. He couldn't get the mare out of his head. She was smart, talented and it always felt nice to talk to her. Being the mature adult he is, he realized what this feeling was, it was love. But he couldn't tell her. He couldn't even tell her that he wasn't an important wizard back in the Crystal Empire. How was he gonna drop that bombshell on her?

Spike saw the face on Sunburst's face and decided to announce their presence. "Hey Starlight! I have a visitor for you," he said, pointing at Sunburst.

Starlight turned and saw Sunburst standing at the entrance, looking rather dumbfounded. "Sunburst!" Starlight shouted, as she ran towards her old friend. She pulled Sunburst into a tight hug. "How's it been? You didn't tell me you were coming to visit."

Sunburst tried to focus and form a coherent sentence but, to no avail. Thankfully, Spike bailed him out. "Oh I just called him today, and he's not technically here to visit. He's here to help with a friendship problem," Spike explained.

"Oh really? Do you know what it is yet?" She asked, pulling back so she could look right into his eyes.

Before Sunburst even had a chance to try to open his mouth and possibly make a fool of himself, Twilight stepped in. "Actually, his friendship problem is the same as your friendship lesson. You two will, umm, go and hang out in Ponyville for a while. This will help to really get you two to know each other better and become better friends."

"Really? You called me over for this?" Sunburst asked, finally able to form words.

"Look, I know this doesn't seem that important, but believe me when I say that this will really help you two grow as friends and possibly as ponies," Twilight told him calmly.

"Yeah, I'm on Sunburst's side here. This seems like a bit much to call him here from the Crystal Empire," Starlight said.

"Just trust me, this is important. I wouldn't have had Spike call Sunburst here if it wasn't. For now, please show him around the castle so he doesn't get lost," Twilight said soothingly.

"Okay, whatever you say Twilight," Starlight responded. She turned back to Sunburst and said, "well, come on. Let me show you around, Princess' orders."

Sunburst reluctantly followed the pink mare out the door and into the series of endless hallways and doors.

Spike watched as they left the throne room. As soon as the door closed behind them he turned to Twilight. "Really Twilight? That was the best you could come up with?"

"You know I'm not a good lair. I was put on the spot!" She replied.

"Whatever, they bought it. Step one of Operation: Starburst, complete. They'll be together in no time!" Spike said cheerfully.

"Do you really think this will work Spike?" Twilight asked him.

"What? Of course it will! Did you see their faces when they saw each other? They're totally in love! Trust me, I'm a love expert," Spike said confidently.

"One failed romantic relationship does not make you an expert," Twilight told him. "but I do see your point. There's definitely something there. They'll just need a little push."

"Leave that to me, Twilight. I've got everything figured out," Spike said tapping his claws together.

* * *

"And this is the spare bedroom I imagine you're going to be staying in while you're here," Starlight said as she opened a door up to a cozy room decorated with a bed, writing desk and bookshelf in the corner.

"Hmm this does seem pretty perfect here, it's right next to both the library and your room in case I ever need to speak to you," Sunburst said looking around the small room. "yes, this will do nicely. Thanks for showing me around Starlight."

"Nah, it's nothing. It's the least I could do for a friend." Sunburst could feel his heart die a little as he heard that word coming out of her mouth.

"Yeah, friend. That's all we are," Sunburst tried to say under his breath.

"What was that?" Starlight asked.

"What?! Oh uh, nothing! I didn't say anything!" Sunburst watched as her face held a look of confusion. "Look, it's getting really late so I should probably be heading to bed. See you tomorrow, Starlight!"

And with that Sunburst shut the door to his new room and sat in front of the door. When he heard her leave, he breathed a sigh of relief. "That was bad. I don't know how I'm gonna make it tomorrow without embarrassing myself even more," he sighed. "Oh well, I probably should get some sleep," He said before walking over to his bed.

* * *

Starlight stood at the door, wondering what had him so frazzled. She decided it was best left alone and just headed to her room. The one thing on her mind though, as she walked to her room, was how cute Sunburst looked when flustered like that.

Author's Note:

So I did this because I joined a new Sunburst Ship group and there are no current stories so I just HAD to write one. So, here it is. Do you like it? Look forward to the next chapter!