• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,503 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,503

Strumming Along

Pain as the first sensation to return to Geo as he awoke. A pain that consumed his entire body, getting his eyelids to flutter a bit. He grit his teeth hard as agony seared through his veins, forcing the sleepiness away as he tried himself to remember what had happened to him. The memories came back like a flood, most them involving the Maestro thoroughly kicking the crap out of him.

'That's right...he was about to kill me,' Geo recalled as he remembered watching the sphere of shattered energy that had been flying towards him, unable to move out of the way. 'But then how am I alive?'

Figuring that he had spent enough time with his eyes closed he slowly cracked them open, grateful to see that there were no bright lights on in the room. As his eyes adjusted to the lighting he found that he was in a bed with pink covers, while posters of various rockbands, singers and even some of Megaman adorned the walls. But the two things in the room that really drew his attention was the Princess of the Sun sitting in the corner...and the girl with pink hair who was sitting beside the bed, tuning her guitar.

"Sonia?" he asked weakly as he began to move, immediately gaining him the attention of the princess and the girl who dropped her instrument. "What's-"

"GEO!" Sonia exclaimed before she hurled her arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug that made his pain flare up again. It subsided after a moment, but the girl refused to release Geo and continued to hold him tight. He gently patted her on the back while looking over at Celestia, who was smiling at the sight. "Thank heavens you're alright! When Celestia brought you in here, they weren't sure if...I'm so glad you're alright."

"I'm...fine, Sonia. At least I think I am," Geo replied with a slightly red face as he retuned the hug. Sonia eventually released Geo from her grasp, but she kept her hands on his shoulders as she looked at his face to make sure his injuries were gone. While she did that, Geo glanced over her outfit and found she was wearing a pink hoodie with the sleeves missing, a pair of blue shorts that had a few tears in them and her own brand of boots that went up to her knees.

Then Geo's eyes were drawn to her face and despite the smile of happiness that she wore, she also had bags under her eyes and her hair was a disheveled mess. For someone that had spent countless nights awake, be it studying or fighting evil, he could tell that she had been up for a long time with little rest.

"Your wounds look better than they did a while ago. That's good," Sonia said with a sigh of relief before her relief changed to a warm smile that made Geo glance at the wall.

"T-thanks. But what happened to me?" he asked once more as he tried to get out of bed, but an agonizing pain flashed through his chest and he fell back with a grunt.

"You...you were stomped," Sonia said in as gentle a tone as she could muster as she softly placed a hand on Geo's cheek. "I saw it on the news. The horrible tragedy that took place downtown, the fight between you and the Maestro...the fact that he almost killed you. All I could do was watch it on TV. Until you showed up here I thought...I thought that...you were gone."

"Then...you didn't save me?" he asked with some confusion. Sonia shook her head in response, leaving only one other being for Geo to turn his head to. Celestia nodded when Geo looked at her, making guilt rise in his chest and he found he wasn't able to meet her eyes.

"Right before the Maestro could kill you, she teleported you to her. She then brought you here, brought you to me, and told me everything. Not just about the fight, but about herself and the Maestro...and how damned foolish you were to take him on alone!" Sonia half screamed at Geo, tears welling up in her eyes as she looked away from him. "You were practically dead when she brought you in here. You and Mega both! If not for her magic, I'm don't know if you would have survived!"

"Sonia...I...no, first I need to apologize to you," Geo said as he looked at Celestia, who raised an eyebrow in response. "You warned me about the Maestro, about what he was capable of, but because of all the other world enders that I have beaten I thought I could take him. But you were right. He was far beyond anything I have fought before. Thank you, for saving my life."

"Apology accepted. Now apologize to Sonia there," Celestia instructed as the nodded to Sonia, who was still looking at the floor. "When I brought you here, the poor girl was hysterical and refused to leave your side while I was healing you. She did everything she could to save your life and has been sitting beside you for three days on end."

"Sonia..." Geo said, trying to find the words to apologize. Before he could Sonia hugged him again and this time Geo returned the hug as well. "I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me for making you worry like this?"

"I don't know, Geo. Maybe if you treat me to dinner or something like that, I could muster up some forgiveness," Sonia said as she released Geo and winked, which caused a few tears to stream down her face.

"Mega...you mentioned Mega. Is he alright?" Geo asked after a moment, looking around for his friend.

"He and Lyra are outside. They're keeping watch incase the Maestro comes here to finish the job," Sonia informed Geo, who nodded before looking over to Celestia once more.

"Why did you bring me here? Why not bring me back to the WAZA base?" Geo asked.

"The night when I got my Hunter I had a talk with Ace. Not just about the Maestro, but also the Satella Commandoes, as he called you. And he told me that if anything happened to you, to take you to where Sonia was," Celestia explained. "He said that she would be able to protect you far better than anyone else he knew. I also figured that the Maestro would look for you at the WAZA base, while this studio isn't a place that most would look for a wounded Megaman."

"I see...thanks," Geo said once more as he pushed himself to a sitting position, grunting in pain before he swung his legs over the side of the bed. He grabbed his Hunter from the table beside him, looking down at it to see that he had over a hundred new messages, all of them from his friends and family. "They've all been worried about me. They probably think I'm dead. They have to be devastated...I need to call them."

"Actually, I would ask that you hold off on that, Geo," Celestia stated before Geo could call. "We are presented with a rare stroke of luck here. The Maestro most likely believes you to be dead. I was perfect with my teleportation spell and was also smart enough to leave a bit of your armor behind, making it look like you perished in the blast. But if I was certain that my foe was dead, who would they contact first to let know they were alive."

"My friends...and my parents," Geo agreed with a bitter growl, knowing what Celestia was hinting at. "But they must be in agony right now! They think that I was killed! How can I allow them to suffer like this?"

"In the state you are in, if the Maestro found where you were, you would be dead within minutes," Celestia reminded Geo in a serious tone. "Now we can use this time to pretend you are dead and come up with a plan to fight the Maestro...or you can alert him to the fact that you survived and get ready to go round two with him."

"I get it. You're right, in the state I'm in...all I would do is die again," Geo seethed with rage, having never felt so helpless before in his life.

"No you wouldn't. Not with me here," Sonia promised Geo as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "We're the unbeatable team, remember? So the next time you take him on, you better believe that I'll be right there beside you."

"Thanks...Sonia," Geo replied with a warm smile before he forced himself off of the bed, gritting his teeth as he struggled to remain standing. Sonia grabbed one of his arms and draped it over her shoulder, leaning Geo into her and supporting him so he could stand. "Where are we by the way?"

"You're in my room. This is where I've been staying while we've been recording the new season of my show," Sonia explained as she helped Geo walk to the door, Celestia following behind the both of them. "I told Lee about you being here and he's kept your presence under wrap for the time being. Everyone thinks you're an extra. Celestia startled him a bit, but I vouched for her and all seems to be well. Everyone else thinks that she's an animal that was brought in for an episode."

"And while I would love to correct their thinking, for the time being it allows me to walk around without drawing too much attention," Celestia said with a shrug of her shoulders as the group of three began to walk down the hallway. Geo looked around to find that they were in a smaller studio out by the woods, where through the windows he could see a crew setting up props by a lake that sparkled with light.

"Come on, let's get you outside. It's an amazing day out," Sonia said softly as she escorted Geo towards the exit, which a member of security opened for him. The three stepped outside and Geo had to lift a hand to shield his eyes from the sunlight, until Celestia extended a wing and shielded the both of them from the sun. They had barely taken a few steps before Mega and another EM being that looked like a lyre appeared before the both of them.

"Kid! Yer awake!" Mega said a sigh of relief as he held a hand to his chest. "Thank the stars...and thanks to you as well, Celestia. Without you-"

"I am just glad that I was able to save somepony...one from the Maestro's wrath," Celestia said with a bow of her head, before she glanced to the side to see the shocked faces of two crew members. She waved them away with a flip of her wing and the two walked away, deciding it was best not to question it. "But now I take it that both of you...all four of you understand why I was so insistent that you did not fight him?"

All four of them shook their heads in agreement, with both Geo and Mega glancing at each other with worried expressions. "But then what can we do? If Megaman wasn't able to beat him, even with the aid of Taurus Fire, what chance do we stand against him the next time we fight him?"

"Fortunately for you, you have something that my world did not. Experience," Celestia stated as she motioned for the four of them to follow her. They walked deeper into the woods until they were away from any pry ears, where Celestia created an image of the Maestro with her magic. "Both you and I have survived a meeting with the Maestro, meaning that we were able to learn a few things about him."

"All I learned is that he hits really hard and that nothing I do can hurt him," Geo said in a bitter voice as he crossed his arms, shaking his head with frustration. "My battle cards were useless against him and he's fast enough to react to my EM wave changes. I'm out of ideas on how to fight him."

"Then that is what we will do while we are hidden away here," Celestia informed the both of them as she used her magic to create a battlefield, one filled with traps, tricks and explosives. "We will train. We will learn and we will do our best to gain whatever advantages we can before we have to fight him again. And believe me, he will show up again. He always does."

"I'll train with you guys as much as I can, but I am here to shoot a show and if I don't show up people are going to start wondering what's going on," Sonia informed the two of them as she glanced awkwardly at Lyra. "I can cancel if you want, but then a lot of people would get mad and demand answers..."

"No Sonia, you go on ahead with the show. Leave this to Celestia and me," Geo stated with a confident smile, one that Sonia didn't return. "With our powers combined, with her magic and my technology, maybe we'll be able to overpower the Maestro."

"Wishful thinking, Geo. But I'm afraid that the Maestro is beyond both of you," Mega said with a shake of his head. "But I can't think of any plan better than what Celestia already started. So for the time being training is the best option we've got."

"And I'm going to train with you," Sonia promised before giving Geo a look that told him not to question her. "I wasn't there to help you the first time you fought him, but I will be there to help you all beat him the next time you guys fight."

"Well said, Sonia. That Maestro will be singing a different tune when he gets a taste of our music," Lyra stated with a proud smile. A voice then called out for Sonia to go to the main area, getting the star to shake her head as she rubbed her eyes.

"Anyone want to take bets on how well I'll do as an actor with only four hours of sleep?" Sonia asked Geo and Celestia as she ran her hands through her hair and tried to make herself look presentable. "Because I'm fairly certain all the makeup in the world won't fix this mess."

"You look amazing Sonia, don't let them tell you otherwise. How do you imagine Sleeping Beauties hair looked when she finally woke up?" Geo asked before giving her a thumbs up. Sonia giggled in response before punching him lightly in the shoulder, before taking off towards the studio.

"I'll do my best to get you guys in one of the shots! Come by the studio when you have some free time!" she called back to them before she and Lyra vanished inside.

"Now that we have a plan, it is time for us to begin," Celestia said with the stern voice of a teacher while Geo narrowed his eyes like a student ready to learn. "First we will study him. Then we will create countermeasures for him. Then we will work on bringing those measures into play. Are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Then let us begin."