• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,503 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,503

Sun "vs" Moon

""Well, that could have gone better," Bud grunted as the tram came to a stop, allowing the four teens and the one alicorn to get off of it. "But at the very least we made it out in one piece, which is more than we can say than our past encounters with Solo. You holding up, Taurus?"

"I'll live. Can't believe he dealt with us so easily though," Taurus grunted from within the Hunter, the sound of disappointment in himself clear as daylight. "All that training, all that hard work...and he swatted us aside."

"Don't beat yourselves up too hard, our super power totally invincible new form didn't fare much better," Mega reminded the wizard as the group began to walk across the canyon to the WAZA main building. "And that brings up a new problem. We have to assume that the Maestro didn't give Solo all of his power. I mean, why give someone that you know wants to kill you all of your power?"

"Are you saying that Solo was only fighting us with a fraction of his power?" Geo asked.

"No. I'm saying that the Maestro was fighting us with a fraction of his power," Mega growled in reply, slashing his claws at the air. "Think about it. We beat the Maestro with the Solar Knight. We stomped him. But Solo managed to practically beat us with what I have to assume is a fraction of that power. Meaning that the Maestro has a lot more to give. And I promise the next time he shows up he'll be packing all of it."

"Which means that we will have to step up our game if we hope to stand a chance," Celestia nodded before she looked at the gate to see Ace walking towards her, with both Luna and Sonia standing at the entrance of the gate with looks on their faces. "This should be good. Ace, is something the matter?"

"Yes, there is. Your sister. I cannot deal with her right now. So you must deal with her right now," Ace said with a shake of his head as he walked by the alicorn, patting her on the shoulder before he hopped into a tram. "I'm going home to see my family. I've been working here for a week straight and I need so down time with my family. So Geo, I put you in charge and if anything happens send me a letter."

"Ace, written mail hasn't existed for centuries," Luna reminded him. Ace winked in reply before the door slammed shut and a moment later the tram was heading away from the station. The group looked to each other before they shrugged and walked over to Luna and Sonia, who were now walking over to them.

"Alright, let's start with this. Sister, what are you doing out of bed and why did Ace tell us that you were being difficult?" Celestia asked her sister, whose face clearly showed pain but the night colored alicorn refused to make any verbal indication.

"Because I want to fight with all of you," Luna said in a strong voice as she stood tall, getting Celestia's eyes to shrink in horror. "And I know what you are going to say. That it is too dangerous and that I need to stay behind. But I'm not going to sit here and wait for news of my sister being killed by the Maestro. I am tired of being the scared little filly that you need to protect. We are equals, sister, even if you are my older sister."

"Luna, listen to yourself. You can barely stand and you are saying that you wish to fight the monster that did this to you," Celestia said in a calm and rational voice, one that made Luna's nostrils flare. "You need to rest. You need to recover. We can deal with this. With the Solar Knight, we can-"

"Get beaten by Solo, who also has the powers of the Maestro now, if I heard correctly." Celestia and Geo's eyes went wide before Geo looked past Luna and Sonia, who was whistling a tune while staring up at the clouds. "You were barely able to fend him off and he is not the one that ended our world. And thanks to Lyra here, I was able to hear the rest of your conversation, so I also know that you all assume that the Maestro wasn't using a fraction of his power."

"Sonia, what are you doing?" Geo whispered to her, getting Sonia to shrug in reply.

"Sister, we do not know that for certain..." Celestia tried to reason, but her cool reply was melted away by the raging fire that was the princess of the night.

"We were given a second chance to defeat him, sister. We were given a chance to beat him here, in a world that has accepted us and given us another chance. This world also has the fighters that have proven we can fight him, as long as we fight together," Luna replied in a fury that made the teens back away a bit.

"I will not risk your life by sending you into battle when you are not ready," Celestia said with her teeth gritted, visibly trying hard not to lose her cool, before she took on a more sympathetic look. "Sister, you are all I have left of our world. How can I possible send the only pony I can still care for, my only sister, to fight this monster? I sent others to fight him...and we all saw how that turned out."

"It was a tragedy what happened to our world, our ponies. And I am sad, no, devastated, that they are all gone as well," Luna said, before the fire flashed in her eyes once more. "But you are not the only one that lost ponies that day. And you are not the only one that wishes to protect the only family she has left against the monster that claimed her world. Say what you will, sister, but I will fight him."

"Sister...please, listen to reason."

"No. Listen to me...actually, it has become clear that you do not wish to hear my words. So apparently you will only understand force," Luna said as she turned and walked back over to Sonia, turning around with her horn glowing. "I challenge you over this topic. A royal duel. The winner gets to decide on this matter!"

"A royal duel?...Sister, this has not been done since the time of our grandparents," Celestia reminded her sister with a groan, but Luna had already begun to take up a fighting stance.

"Maybe not, but as the last of the royalty in my land, I challenge you. And you are free to decline...but then you leave the choice in my hooves," Luna said with a laugh as she began to paw at the ground. Celestia sighed and glanced down at Geo, who shrugged in reply.

"...I will not fight you, sister. In the weakened state you are in, not only would it not be fair, I run the risk of hurting you further," Celestia stated with a shake of her head, turning from Luna and sighing to herself. "So I will concede to you. If you wish to fight alongside us...then I will not stop you. But know that I strongly advise against it."

"You just couldn't battle with me, could you sister?" Luna asked with a chuckle before she walked over to Celestia, wrapping a hoof around her shoulder and pulling her sister into a hug. "I know that you are upset with me, but just like you I am doing what I believe is right. And that is fighting with you, not having you fighting for me."

"You are just as stubborn now as your were when you were a filly, do you know that?" Celestia said bitterly before she smirked and returned the hug. "I just hope you know what you are doing."

"So do I sister," Luna replied as the two separated, before both Luna and Celestia looked at Geo, who was smiling up at the both of them. "So then acting commander, now that that has been sorted out, what next?"

"Simple. Bud. Sonia. You two against Celestia and me," Geo stated before he transformed into Megaman, getting two "huh's" from Bud and Sonia as Celestia walked over to where Geo was standing. A flash of solar light erupted from the two and a moment later they were standing in their Solar Knight form. "Rogue made it clear that as powerful as the Solar Knight is, it isn't the trump card that we thought it was. We're going to need practice and you two are two of the strongest fighters I know. Battling the both of you should whip us into shape."

Sonia and Bud looked at each other before they shrugged and transformed into their EM forms. The Solar Knight reached out with Celestia's head and grabbed hold of the solar saber as it formed, while Taurus Fire pawed the ground while Harp Note tweaked her strings.

"You sure about this, Geo? Don't want to accidentally hurt you," Harp Note voice her concern.

"You've seen how powerful our foes are. I'm going to have to get used to being hurt," Megaman said before he vanished in a flicker of light, appearing behind Harp Note and Taurus Fire in a flash. Harp Note hurled herself out of the way of the saber slash, but Taurus caught the blow in the back and was sent tumbling into the dirt. Harp Note flipped into the air and fired her guitar strings towards Megaman, but he lifted his shield and the strings crumbled against it.

"This is a little out of the blue, wouldn't you say?" Princess Luna asked Zack and Luna, both of who nodded in agreement.

"Well, Geo can be that sometimes. Whenever there's a problem he wants to deal with it right away and if he can't then he wants to do everything he can to prepare himself in the future," Luna explained to the princess as the three EM beings continued to fight. "He didn't used to be, though. He used to be a bit more...laid back? Lazy?"

"Then a few years ago a group of villains calling themselves the Solar Eight, tried to take over the world. And in order to beat them we really had to step up our game," Zack added in while Luna lost herself trying to come up with the right word for Geo. "And ever since he's been working with Ace on how to get stronger and become a better leader."

"Because he no longer has a need for me," Luna whispered to herself, thinking that neither of the two she was with could hear her. But as the princess cast the teen a look of interest. Luna realized the princess was looking at her and hid her face with one of her hands.

"So he wishes to see if he has become a better leader? Then let us see how he does when a wrench is thrown into his plans," Luna said with a laugh before she flapped her wing and charged into the fray.

The Solar Knight blocked a shot from Taurus Fire with his shield, before he felt a blast of energy strike him from behind. He spun around to see Luna racing towards him, horn aglow and a smile upon her face. Both Geo's and Celestia's eyes went wide at the sight, before they had to lift their shield once more to deflect another blast of lunar magic from Luna.

"Sister, what are you doing?!" Celestia screamed at Luna, who wrapped around behind Taurus and Harp while smiling all the time.

"Simple, sister. I am seeing how this Solar Knight form holds up when faced with the eclipse of the moon!" Luna laughed in laugh Celestia had not heard in years. Luna began to prance back and forth while taking pot shots at the heroes, who were forced to block her attacks with their shield. Harp Note and Taurus both nodded to each other before they charged at the Solar Knight.

"Harp Note, attack the side where my sister is on! They can't move the shield to stop you without leaving themselves open to me!" Luna called out to Harp as the princess raced to the right side of the Solar Knight, who realized her words were true as he was forced to move his shield to protect himself from Luna's attacks. While he was busy blocking Luna's attack, Harp Note fired her guitar strings around Megaman's legs and pulled him to the ground.

"Awe, are you falling for me Geo?" Harp Note asked with a giggle as Megaman pushed himself back up. He glanced up in time to see a colossal fist come flying towards his head, giving him barley enough time to move out of the way. Megaman shot up to his feet and fired blasts of solar shots from Celestia into the chest of Taurus Fire, backing him up slightly. But before he could go on the offensive, Luna fired another blast into the back of Megaman.

"Your sister is really getting on my nerves," Megaman growled to Celestia as he spun around and pointed the Solar Buster at the princess of the night.

"No Geo, don't take your eyes off of-!"

Before she could finish two sets of horns slammed into the back of the Solar Knight and sent him skidding across the ground, where Megaman spat out a bit of dirt as he and Celestia split back into two separate beings. Megaman pushed himself back to his feet and turned around to see Luna, Harp Note and Taurus Fire all celebrating, with Luna laughing at the top of her lungs.

"Come now, Megaman! You are supposed to be the hero of the world yet you cannot even best us? Clearly you have a long way to go!" Luna chided with another laugh before she high fived with the other heroes. Megaman grumbled under his breath before looking at Celestia, who had tears in her eyes. He gave her a look as he turned back into Geo.

"I have not seen her this happy in so long," Celestia whispered to herself with a small smile. "Not since before the attacks by the Maestro."

"She did beat us," Geo pointed out to Celestia with a shrug of his shoulders. "Even though she was wounded and should be in bed."

"Are you saying that she should fight with us?" Celestia asked.

"She's supposedly just as powerful as you, right?" Geo asked before smiling at the sight. "And besides, she already seems to be on good terms with my team. And if she's good enough for them, she's good enough for me. Come on Celestia, let's go give her an official welcome to the team."