• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,501 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,501

Big Bro's Advice

"So this is the final sphere? I was expecting...more," Megaman said with a bit of disappointment as he and Harp Note stared up at the final sphere resting upon the waves. Figuring that they had no time to waste, the commandoes had gathered up once more and moved upon the final sphere, wanting to bring it down as quickly as possible.

"Yeah, it's weird. No Rogue. No Maestro. I'm not even sure if this thing is on," Harp Note muttered as she floated over to the sphere and knocked her fingers against it, hearing only the hollow drumming of her fingers. "Yep, there's no power in this thing. Wonder what's up?"

"Either the Maestro has done as I predicted and abandoned the sphere in favor of his doomsday weapon or he has gained all the power he needed from this sphere and has simply left it offline," Celestia put forward as she floated just above the waves, with her sister floating on a platform of magic next to her. "If it is the former, then I am concerned. If it is the latter, then I am afraid."

"At the very least we do not need to worry about having to fight to the death to destroy this one," Princess Luna reminded the group. "At the previous two we have had to deal with Rogue both times and he is always a problem. I am grateful that we do not have to worry about being cleaved in two this once."

"Megaman, Ace here. What's going on?" Ace's voice said from Megaman's hunter, getting the blue bomber to press a button on the back of his buster and bring up the image of Ace. "Have you arrived at the location of the final sphere yet? And what's the status of the sphere if you have?"

"We're here, but the sphere seems to have been abandoned," Megaman muttered as he looked up and down at the sphere one last time before he shook his head. "No signs of the Maestro, no sign of Rogue and the sphere is without power. The only thing of interest out here is the number of strangely colored fish that Sonia can attract with her music."

"It's really funny, actually. When I play my music a certain way I can even make them jump!"

"So yeah, aside from that the sphere is pretty much just taking up space. Not even sure if it's worth destroying," Megaman finished.

"Destroy it anyway, just incase the Maestro realizes that he still has a need for it and then hurry back. According to a message from Luna she has something really interesting in store for us when we get back."

"Wait, Luna as in the human or Luna as in the princess?" Megaman asked.

"Oh for the love of...Ace out."

"Welp, you heard him Sonia," Megaman said once Ace had hung up.

"Yeah, I heard what he said, but he never clarified which Luna," Harp Note replied before giving Megaman a wink and laughed aloud. "Just having fun. Come on Princess Luna, let's take this thing down!"

A blast of lunar light erupted from Harp Note, transforming her into the Lunar Diva a moment later. Megaman followed suit and after an eruption of solar magic, he stood beside her as the Solar Knight. The two of them kicked up into the air and propelled themselves over to the area where the weak point on the sphere was, both of them pointing their respective weapons at the weak point.

"You know, it's just not as fun without a fight to the death."

"Focus, Sonia."

Combined blasts of solar and lunar magic cleaved the sphere in two, but without any of the energy inside of it the metal simply faded or burned away until there was nothing left of the sphere. Harp and Megaman spent a few minutes more cleaning up the pieces of metal that fell into the ocean, before regrouping in the sky.

"And that's that," Harp Note said as she and Luna split back into two separate beings. "With how much of a big deal everyone made these spheres out to be I was certain that we might lose one of us trying to take them all down. It's funny what a little time can do to our perceptions of something."

"Maybe, but if Celestia is right in her assumptions then there is something way worse than these spheres awaiting us in the near future," Megaman reminded her as he and Celestia returned to their previous forms. "These spheres were guarded well, at first, but they aren't that hard to destroy. So whatever Maestro is currently working on will most likely be created to fight against out solar and lunar forms. We'll have to be careful."

"Geo, when am I anything but careful?" Harp Note asked, only to get Megaman to raise an eyebrow in response. The two of them heard a noise off to their sides and glanced over to see numerous whales breaching the surface, spraying water in every which direction as their massive forms broke through the waves. Megaman, Harp Note, Celestia and Luna all watched with wide eyes and smiles on their face, before turning their gazes to the sky to see all the birds that were flying around them as well.

"How odd it feels, for the world to be so peaceful," Celestia said aloud before she closed her eyes and basked in the glow of the sun.

"Makes you almost forget that there's a madman out there that seeks its destruction for asinine reasons," Luna added as she used her magic to swirl the water beneath her, observing all of the colorful sea life that the tiny whirlpool scooped up. That left Megaman and Harp Note alone to watch the whales, though after a moment Megaman was aware of the fact that Harp Note was occasionally casting glances at him.

"What's on your mind, Sonia?" Megaman asked her after another minute of being watched. His words made Harp Note fascinated with the sky above her, but when she realized that he wasn't falling for it she lowered her head and grabbed hold of her arms nervously. "Sonia, I know something's up. You always hold your arms like that when your nervous."

"I don't do it all the time," Harp Note grumbled back before she sighed and let go of her arms, raising her head and looking Megaman directly in the eyes. "Have you thought anymore about what we talked about? You know...how I felt?"

"Oh. That," Megaman responded quietly.

"I mean, I know we had a fun time at the dance party, but I still don't know," she said with a shrug before she shook her head and gave Megaman a smile that could outshine the sun. "Ah forget about it. We've got enough to worry about then one of those teenage dramas that my producer keeps trying to get me to be apart of. Come on, lets go home. We need to tell Ace our missions complete."

Harp Note leapt into the sky and landed on an EM road, racing off in the direction of the base. Luna used her magic to lift herself next to where the EM road was and sailed after her, leaving Megaman alone with the princess of the sun.

"You're still thinking about what she said, aren't you?" Celestia asked Megaman after a moment, getting a sigh out of the EM warrior before he too leapt up onto the EM road. He raced off after Harp Note and Luna, allowing Celestia to smile to herself as she shook her head. "Two teenagers not certain of how they feel about each other. I never thought I'd see the day when things were this peaceful again. It feels...refreshing."

Celestia then took to the sky and rocketed after the others like a blaze of sunlight, a smile still on her face as she did so.

[{EM}]

"...and with that the final sphere that has threatened the safety of the world has been destroyed. I'd say that that deserves a round of applause for our two heroes," Ace said as he smiled at Geo and Sonia, before the smile changed to a smirk and he brought up a screen that showed a strange vortex of blackness in the center of the ground. "But we don't have time for that. Because one of our brave spy wizards managed to snap this right before he was erased. This, whatever it is, is the doomsday weapon that Maestro is building."

"Do we have any idea what it is?" Luna asked.

"Not at the moment, no. But whatever it is made of has masked its presence from any of our cameras or technology. It is also generating a barrier of energy that will wipe out anything that gets close to it," Ace informed the group, who exchanged worried glances with each other at those words. "So at the moment we know nothing about it, aside from the fact that it will probably cause the end of the world. Which means that it's our number one problem."

"Wow, not even going to give us a few minutes to savor the fact that we've destroyed three of the weapons that were used to wipe out Equestria?" Mega asked with a snarl, but a look from Geo silenced him from any further outbursts.

"Hold on a moment, I never said that we wouldn't be doing anything to celebrate your victory. I just wanted all of you to know what we had waiting for us in the future," Ace defended himself before he nodded to Luna and moved to the side, allowing the teenager to stand up and walk to the front of the meeting table. "But as we know nothing about this doomsday weapon, there is nothing any of you can do for the time being. So instead of just having you wait around, Luna here had a suggestion."

"Thank you, Ace. This is what I had in mind," Luna said before she brought up an image of a beachside resort from her hunter. All sets of eyes in the room went wide as they gazed upon it, getting a smile out of Luna as she saw their faces. "Yes, my family has recently acquired a beachside house and wanted to know if I would be willing to go to the beach with them before school starts. I agreed, but only on the condition that my friends come with me."

"Wow, you would take us with you to such a beautiful place? Yer the best, Prez!" Bud said with nothing but joy in his voice.

"I concur as well. It was a very kind gesture for you to offer to bring us along," Zack said, before he glanced over the rims of his glasses and gave Luna a knowing look. "But it wasn't just out of the kindness of your heart that you did this, is it? There is something that you want to tell us, isn't there?"

"You know me well, Zack. Indeed, I have something to tell you all. However, I will wait until we there until I reveal my thoughts," Luna stated before she turned her attention to Princess Luna and Celestia. "Of course, the both of you are welcome to join us as well if you so chose."

"Of course we would love to join you all."

"Splendid. I will send all of the location for us to meet up and then we will head over to the beach!" Luna said before she clapped her hands together with a smile. "This meeting is adjourned. See you all tomorrow!"

"Hey, that's my line," Ace grumbled, but no one was paying attention to him. All of their thoughts were on the beach and how much fun they were going to have before the summer ended. All except for one of the teens, who sat alone in his chair with arms crossed and head lowered. Ace immediately noticed Geo sitting by himself and waved the teen over while he began to work on some battle plans.

"So Geo, what's eating at you?" Ace asked as Geo walked over to him, glancing over to see that Geo was lost in thought. "You've got something on your mind? Let me guess, is it a Maestro problem or a hero problem?"

"It's...a girl problem." Ace's head snapped back up and he glanced back at a now far more nervous Geo who was avoiding eye contact with Ace. Ace nodded slowly before he pulled out two chairs, motioning for Geo to sit before he himself took a seat himself.

"Okay, now that's a problem that we need to talk about. Don't worry, you're big bro is here to help you sort it all out," Ace said in a serious voice, but he couldn't help but smile at the way Geo was acting. "So which of the two is it? Sonia or Luna?"

"Why would I fall for a horse?"

"I'm going to kill you."

"I'm kidding, Ace. It's...Sonia," Geo admitted after a moment, getting Ace to nod with understanding. I can't, well rather don't, want to talk to my parents about it. I can't talk to Mega about it. I definitely can't talk to Luna about it..."

"You make another name joke and I'm kicking you off the team."

"Not to mention that you're married, so I guess that you know at least something about romance and...how to deal with these feelings," Geo finished, before he crossed his fingers and fidgeted in place while Ace lowered his head for a moment and thought.

"What made you bring this up with me?" Ace eventually asked.

"Sonia told me how she felt about be. During her battle with Maestro, when she turned into the Lunar Diva," Geo reminded Ace, who nodded to show that he remembered. "After that the two of us talked and she asked me how I felt about her. I asked her to give me a little more time to think about it..."

"And?"

"And...I don't know. I really don't," Geo said with frustration as he held his head in his hands. Ace placed a hand on Geo's shoulder and patted it a few times, waiting for Geo to continue.

"I guess there's only one thing left for me to ask. What do you feel like when she's around?" Ace asked Geo, who looked up with a bit of confusion in his eyes. Geo then thought about it for a moment, before he took on a more neutral expression.

"I guess I feel...happy. Like nothing can ruin my mood when I'm with her," Geo admitted slowly. "She lifts me up, helps me let go of my nerves and worries and just enjoy spending time with her. And when she smiles...I can't control my heartbeat," Geo whispered out at the end. Ace nodded with a smile on his face, getting Geo to glance up at him once more. "So, what do you think I should do?"

"Honestly Geo," Ace began as he stood up and walked over to the door of the meeting room, turning back to Geo with a large smile on his face. "I think you should be telling her this instead of telling it to me." Ace closed the door behind him as he said this, leaving Geo alone with his thoughts...which at the moment consisted entirely of a smiling Sonia.