• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,501 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,501

Coffee with the Princess

"Coffee?" Geo asked as he poured himself a cup, glancing over his shoulder at the princess as he did so. Celestia thought about it for a moment before she sighed and nodded. Geo smiled as he placed his cup on a table and poured Celestia a cup as well.

"I am not used to somepony at your age drinking coffee," Celestia thought aloud as Geo extended a cup to her. She took hold of it with her magic and took a quick sip, surprised at how bitter the coffee was.

"Yeah, well I'm not a normal teen," Geo reminded her as he chugged half of his coffee down in one go, making Celestia raise an eyebrow. "And I've pulled enough morning shifts to know that coffee is your best friend when you need to wake up and do it fast."

"Don't know why you all like that stuff so much. Just goes right through me," Mega said with a shrug as Geo and Celestia sat down in a pair of chairs next to a row of massive, glass windows. The two of them glanced out the windows, looking down at the officers training and exercising while they drank.

"Again, thank you for saving my sister," Celestia brought up once more, but Geo was starting to get tired of hearing it.

"Again, it's no problem. Actually, I would like to hear more about the Maestro. Like his powers and what he...did that was so terrifying."

Celestia's face fell for a moment before she took a long draught of her coffee. "His power is essentially to warp reality itself. He ignores the rules of reality and my magic bounced off of him without so much as leaving a scratch. And he is ruthless. Absolutely ruthless. He killed everything. Stallions, mares...foals."

"So he's a real monster. Good to know," Geo nodded as he took a sip as well. "I am curious to see if my EM weaponry will be able to harm him. Because if it doesn't we'll have to come up with a whole new plan to defeat him."

"If you cannot defeat him during your first encounter, he will make sure there is no second," Celestia collected for Geo, who glanced at her over the rim of his cup. "Twilight and her friends tried to retreat after their magic couldn't stop him. He wiped them off the face of the planet. The only reason my sister and I survived was because he wanted us to. No other reason."

"I get it, he seems to be an unstoppable monster. I've fought plenty of those before. One of who was a literal black hole," Geo said, trying to instill some confidence in Celestia. But the princess simply sighed and shook her head, before finishing off her drink as she stared out the window.

"The hero form, Megaman, what can he do exactly?" Celestia asked after a moment. "I know that you have a projectile weapon and can...somehow avoid my magic, but other than that I know little." Geo and Mega discussed with each other quietly for a minute, before Geo waved his hand over his hunter and pulled out a deck of cards.

"These are where most of Megaman's strength comes from. Battle cards," Geo began as he drew a card that had a picture of a sword, which he then offered to Celestia. "By scanning this card across my buster, I can transform my buster into the weapon you see. With this power I can adapt my weaponry to exploit my opponents weaknesses, always giving me an upper hand on them."

"Impressive...if our foe was not an ender of the world," Celestia shot back as she tossed the card to Geo, who caught it with two fingers.

"These cards have destroyed world enders as well. Another power Megaman has is the ability to change his frequency, turning form a solid being to an EM wave," Geo continued on, returning his deck to his Hunter. "With this ability I can make myself completely immune to physical attacks that aren't EM based while still being able to attack."

"Now that sounds like a far more useful tool in the fight against the Maestro," Celestia agreed with a nod. "His attacks, while beyond anything I could possible contend with, are definitely magical in nature. And your form avoided my magical attacks, so hopefully you can avoid his."

"Well, I'll be staking my life on that it can," Geo added with a laugh, but his words caused Celestia's face to fall for a moment. "What's the matter? It'll work, I promise."

"You should not be fighting this fight," Celestia said with a shake of her head. "You are still so young. You should not be having to fight in this war with the Maestro. I should be the one fighting him, but I know I cannot win. I hate being placed in this situation."

"Hey, if Maestro's here to destroy my planet, then odds are I'll end up dead if I don't fight him," Geo said with a shrug, before finishing his drink. "So if I'm going to die to the Maestro, I'd rather die fighting that sitting on the sidelines and watching. It's my home. I'm going to defend it."

"You sound just like they did. Are those the extent of your abilities? Or is that bag of tricks you seem to have bottomless?"

"The fusion between me and Mega also enhances my strength, speed, durability and reflexes," Geo continued on, glancing over at Mega for confirmation a few times. "Not to mention as Megaman I don't need to breath, making space combat a breeze. I think that's about it, at least for combat purposes."

"Thank you, Geo...but I still do not know if it will be enough," Celestia mumbled under her breath. Deciding to change the subject, Celestia glanced at a picture of Ace and raised an eyebrow. "So Ace, is he your boss? Because he seems to carry himself like one."

"Yeah, he's another like me. Able to EM wave change and become Acid Ace. He's been the leader here ever since the old director stepped down two years ago. He does the roll...alright, but he's a bit too impulsive in order to be an effective leader. He's a great friend and has always been there for me, not matter what."

"So you are not the only being that can become an...EM being?" Celestia asked, still not entirely sure what an EM being was...or what EM waves actually were. "What are EM waves, actually? And how does access them allow you to tap into power that allows you to become Megaman?"

"Yeah, there are others like me. Currently we have...five as apart of the Commandoes. That's our special team. Me, Ace, Bud, Tom and Sonia, who's not at the base at the moment. There are others out there, but I can't remember all of them off the top of my head."

"Now, on to EM waves. They are electromagnetic waves that we have harnessed to make every day life a little easier for us. For example," Geo stated as he pointed his hunter forward, pressing a button and causing a skyboard to appear at Celestia's hooves. Celestia leapt back in her chair slightly as Geo stood up and stepped onto the board, slowly gliding around the room with a smile. "These are real waves. Essentially we're making solid objects out of waves. We've actually gotten to the point where we can make entire buildings out of waves."

"That...is scary, actually," Celestia muttered as Geo kicked the edge of the board and flipped it into his hands, offering it to Celestia. She glanced over it for a moment before she declined it, getting Geo to shrug before he returned the board to the hunter. "But maybe your technology might be enough to-"

"Geo Stelar." Celestia let out a yelp as she spun around to find a being similar to Mega floating behind her, except that its face looked more dog like and its form was made of metal. The being registered Celestia for a moment before he turned his full attention to Geo. "Your friends have been trying to call you for the past ten minutes. I know that we ask that you keep your communications off while you're in here, but...I cannot deal with the one called Prez any longer."

"Ugh. Yeah Acid, I'll take that call," Geo said before he lifted his hunter. "On." A screen shot out of the hunter and came to a stop in front of Geo's face, showing him a girl with a turbine ponytail who was hopping up in down in a frenzy. "Hey Prez, what's-"

"Don't you dare what's up me! You fly off as Megaman to heaven knows where, battle some kind of Pegasus and then leave us high and dry for nearly a day! We deserve answers!" the girl screamed on the other end, gaining Celestia's full attention. "It was all over the news, and yet you never felt the need to call your friends!"

"I'm sorry Luna, but things here have been really hectic," Geo apologized. "But...that Pegasus that I was fighting...yeah, turns out-"

"So this one shares the same name as my sister," Celestia noted as she moved around to the front of the screen, her appearance causing Luna's eyes to widen in surprise. "Greetings human, I am Celestia. I know that you are Luna, but I know little else."

"Oh, um, nice to meet you, Celestia," Luna stammered out before she gave Geo a death glare. "Geo! What's going on? Why is that Pegasus looking creature with you?!"

"Yeah, that was the change of plans I was trying to tell you about. She's actually on our side and came here chasing after a villain that brought about the end of her world," Geo explained quickly. "So I'm in charge of bringing her up to speed on our world and what our plan is to defeat the Maestro."

"Fine. Guess I can't be too mad at you for this. But you'd better get back here soon. Bud and Zack refused to see the movie without you, so we've put it off till tomorrow," Luna stated with the underlining hints of a threat, one that made the princesses eyes narrow. "And this time I don't want to hear any excuses. We are seeing this movie together and I won't allow you to be late again."

"Fine. I'll hopefully see you guys tomorrow, provided I don't need to save the world," Geo shot back before he waved and cut off the call. He then glanced over at Celestia, who was giving the young teen a quizzical look. "What?"

"That Luna. Is she your friend?" Celestia asked, titling her head when Geo nodded. "How...interesting."

"Yep. Guess I'm going to see a movie tomorrow...but I still have orders to watch over you...I know, how about you come with me tomorrow?" Geo offered, getting a smirk out of Celestia. "No I'm serious. This would be a great chance to introduce you to our world and the people there."

"That is a nice sentiment, but would they not view me as some kind of monster?" Celestia asked.

"Feh, think nothing about that," Mega cut in as he appeared next to Celestia and clapped her on the back, nearly doubling Celestia over with his strength. "All we need to do is tell the people that you were an out of control wizard and that WAZA had you fixed. Believe me, the time I went out of control and went buck wild on a number of downtown buildings, that the excuse we went with."

"Interesting. So why did you go out of control in the first place?"

"Because I got angry at an invisible foe and tried a little to hard to bring it down," Mega admitted with a laugh as he rubbed the back of his head, obviously embarrassed.

"I do not know about your offer, Geo," Celestia said at last with a sigh. "Not that I don't want to see your world, but more because I do not wish to leave my sisters side. As she is all I have left..."

"Okay, how about this idea? We get you a Hunter VG, go into a call with you and flip the screen around so that you can see the entire city while staying right next to your sister," Mega offered. Both Celestia and Geo locked eyes and nodded at the same time, both of them liking that option. "Excellent. And see Geo, not all of my ideas involve ripping things to shreds with my claws."

"A broken clock is right twice a day," Geo replied, getting Mega to roll his eyes. "But that's not actually a bad idea he has. Come on Celestia, let's go pick you out a Hunter and we can set it up for you."

"Yes, this does seem like the best course of action, if I followed your conversation properly," Celestia agreed as he laid her cup on the table and followed Geo, who was walking ahead at a fast enough pace to almost leave Celestia behind. Yet even as Geo walked ahead of them, Celestia noticed that Mega was floating right beside her at a pace that perfectly matched hers.

"You don't believe that he can beat Maestro?" Mega asked Celestia in a near whisper.

"No. He may be powerful when fused with you, but the Maestro is on a completely different plain," Celestia replied with a shake of her head, not trying to hide the weariness and pain in her voice. "He may be a hero on your world, he may have done incredible things...but the Maestro is the impossible made physical."

"Then we'll just have to do what we do every time a foe like him shows up. We'll have make the impossible possible," Mega replied with a shrug of his shoulders, his tone sounding like he was talking about a simple chore. "Trust me Celestia, when you see what Megaman is capable of, you'll see why ending up on our world was the best thing to happen to you."

"Mega, if your words turn out to be true, then I will be perfectly content with being so wrong," Celestia said, before her expression darkened. "But I fear once again I will be proven right."