• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 4,503 Views, 374 Comments

Champion of the Sun - Onomonopia



Luna and Celestia try to stop the wrath of a mad man with the aid of a Megaman.

  • ...
20
 374
 4,503

Push Ups. Sit Ups. And Plenty of Juice

"I'll give him this. At least he puts the spheres in places that I've wanted to visit in my life," Ace said. None of the group cracked a smile at his words as they gazed from the edge of a jungle, where they saw the second of the three spheres that threatened their world. This one was just as large as the previous one, but unlike the one that had already been destroyed the one pulsed with a power that the other one hadn't.

"Seems that this one is nearly at maximum capacity," Megaman said as his visor brought up readings on the sphere, making him clench his fist tightly with rage. "We need to bring it down before it can charge up even further. Sonia, with me. The Solar Knight and the Lunar Diva should be able to make short work of this thing."

"That would be the case Geo, but we've got a small problem," Harp Note added, pointing to a figure that was standing in front of the sphere with two blades clutched in his grasp. Megaman narrowed his eyes at the sight before he nodded to Celestia, who nodded in agreement. A flash of solar light erupted between the two before it was followed by a burst of lunar light, which caused the shattered warrior to raise his head towards the lights.

"So here we are again," Rogue said with a cold stare as Harp Note and Megaman appeared before him, the power of the sun and moon radiating from the both of them respectively as they glared down Rogue. He pulled both of his swords out of the ground and swung them twice, before taking up a fighting stance. Megaman and Harp Note each took up a fighting stance themselves, but before either side could start fighting Taurus Fire stepped in between the two parties.

"Sorry to butt in here guys, but I've got a favor to ask," Taurus said to both Megaman and Harp Note, both of who gave him a surprised look. Taurus pulled out a strange device out and placed it on his head, a device that had a small camera to the side and a radio on the other side. "I want to take this guy one on one. To get a little payback for what he's done to me during our previous fights."

"Are you a fool? You managed to escape my wrath twice with your life, but here you are throwing away the good fortune that the world had given you," Rogue asked with a smirk, one that turned to a snarl when Taurus smirked at him and looked back at his friends with a thumbs up.

"Come on guys, what do you say? Give me one more chance to make up for what I've done," Taurus asked the two champions of the heavens, who shared a glance with each other before they nodded.

"Alright Bud, if you believe in yourself so much, we'll let you handle this yourself," Megaman said with a nod before he gave Harp Note a quick glance, before motioning his head towards the sphere. Harp Note nodded to show that she understood and the two of them vanished in a flicker of light, leaving Taurus Fire alone with Rogue.

"You are a fool. With those two annoyances by your side, you might have had a chance to defeat me. But as you are now, alone, all you can do is die," Rogue said to Taurus Fire, giving him a menacing stare. Taurus' response was to press a button on the side of his headpiece, before hunching over and pawing the ground with his hooves.

"Who said I'm alone? That's you're greatest weakness, Rogue. You think that just because someone is fighting you one on one that they're alone. But I'm not alone. I've got Zack, Luna, Geo, Sonia and Ace. And with them, my power is beyond anything you can match," Taurus said with a smirk. Rogue flickered and appeared behind Taurus a moment later, bringing both of his blade down on the back of the bull.

To the surprise of Rogue, though, by the time his blades had begun their descent Taurus had already turned around and swung his horns up. Taurus bounced the blades off of his horns before driving his skull into the gut of Rogue, hurling his head back and throwing Rogue into the sky. Taurus crossed his arms and began to charge fire within his mouth, but he seemed to think better of it and cease his fire.

"Lucky shot," Rogue snarled before he hurled a blade beam towards Taurus and followed after it. Taurus spun to the right to avoid the blade beam before swinging a right hook with perfect aim, forcing Rogue to lift the side of his sword to block the blow. To his surprise the blow was strong enough to send him tumbling through the air, making him twirl once and land on his feet, narrowing his eyes with some surprise.

"What's the matter? Having a little trouble taking my blows?" Taurus Fire asked before he threw out a few quick jabs with his hands, mirroring the movements of a boxer. "In the words of a legend, float like butterfly and sting like a bee."

"All a legend is is a dead man that people wanted to believe was something greater. But they're not anything more than just what they are. A dead man. Guess that's what you have in common with him," Rogue growled before he slashed twice with his blades and appeared behind Taurus and slashed up at him with his blade. Taurus, spun around and grabbed the two blades with his bare hands, stopping them from slashing into his arm. Rogue gave Taurus a smirk as he watched the blade slashes get closer and closer, but the moment before they could strike him Taurus swung Rouge around and into the path of the slashes, which struck Rogue in his back. Rogue roared before he changed his form, before he vanished and appeared a bit away from Taurus.

Rogue had just enough time to recover before Taurus came barreling towards him, cocking a fist back and taking aim right at the X on Rogue's face. But the moment that he got close enough, Taurus's left hand rocketed up with flames erupting out of the elbow area, acting like a rocket for his punch. Rogue had been so focused on Taurus's cocked fist that he didn't react in time to the left blow until the fist was firmly planted on the side of his face.

Taurus bellowed with fire as he swung all of his power into Rogue, sending the shattered warrior flying into the jungle trees that surrounded them. Taurus smirked as he stood back up straight, before an eruption of shattered magic decimated any trees that hadn't been already destroyed by the body of Rogue. Rogue emerged from what remained of the trees a moment later, his whole body crackling with shattered magic.

"Enough. I have humored you long enough. I will kill you and then your friends, before finally wiping the Maestro off the face of the earth once and for all," Shattered Rogue said in a voice that sounded nearly identical to the Maestro. Taurus tightened up his guard as he put on his most serious expression, knowing that the real fight was about to begin. Then, to the surprise of Taurus, Rogue tossed both of his blades away and brought up both of his fists, mirroring Taurus's movements.

Taurus smirked before he dashed forward, throwing out numerous rights and lefts that were fast enough to be considered a blur, but Rogue dodged each blow as if he was swaying in the breeze. The moment he spied an opening he shot a fist forward into the nose of Taurus, snapping his head back and causing the bull to back up to regain some sense.

"Damn you hit hard," Taurus grunted as he wiped his face with his fist, before bringing his guard back up once more and advanced at a slower rate. Rogue threw a flurry of blows towards the face of Taurus, who tightened his guard to deflect the blows. The moment Rogue saw that he was blocking high, he crouched down and drove a heavy right into the gut of Taurus, who doubled over from the strike. An uppercut to the jaw staggered Taurus once more, but to the surprise of Rogue Taurus managed to remain standing.

"But not hard enough. I've been getting my rear kicked long before I got these powers. You're going to have to do a lot harder than that to take me down," Taurus Fire informed Rogue, who narrowed his eyes in reply. An explosion of magic gained both of the fighters attention, getting them both to look up to see that the Lunar Diva and the Solar Knight were now unleashing both of their powers into the sphere. "Looks like my friends are about to destroy your masters precious sphere. Gonna do something about it?"

"What do I care for his machines? I just want to see you all dead at my feet!" Rogue roared before he lunged forward once more, throwing punches so fast and with such fury that the ground shook from the ferocity. Taurus managed to keep his guard up and crouch down a bit to that his middle section was protected from the blows as well, even though each shot made him growl with pain.

"Do you finally see how pathetic you are?!" Rogue roared as he slipped around behind Taurus, driving a blow into his side with such force that shockwaves erupted from the other side of Taurus. Taurus roared as he forced himself to keep standing, but he couldn't get around fast enough to stop Rogue from kicking Taurus hard in the spine. Taurus fell to his knees from the impact, blinking heavily to try and keep his vision from blacking out. He felt a hand grab hold of his neck and lift his head so that he was staring up at Rogue, who was glaring down at Taurus with cold eyes.

"Did you really think that a little extra training and some fancy footwork would make you a match for me? You are a weakling, the worst of weaklings, who can't even win with his friends supporting him. That supposedly "unstoppable power" that Geo somehow manages to best me with," Rogue sneered as he brought a fist filled with shattered magic flooding through it, creating cracks along the fist. "No one will miss you when you are gone. All you are is weak."

"Yeah, I am weak. I can't do much by myself. All I can do is throw myself at a problem and try to solve it that way. But that never works in the long run," Taurus choked out with a smile, one that made Rogue narrow his eyes. "But I've got friends with me. Friends who are there to pick me up. To share their strength. To point out...your patterns!"

Taurus drove his head forward and slammed the armored face plate right into the bridge of Rogue's nose, snapping Rogue's head back and causing him to roar in pain. Taurus grabbed hold of Rogue's arm that was around his throat with one had before twisting it so that it was elbow side up. With a roar that shook the ground Taurus drove his other fist down into the elbow of Rogue, snapping the arm practically in half. Rogue bellowed with pain as he wrenched his arm free of Taurus, staggering backwards as he glared at his broken arm with disbelief.

He then screamed as he held out his left hand, summoning his sword into his grasp. He then spun and slashed at Taurus with all of his might, cleaving the earth in two as the blade tried to rip Taurus to shreds. But to the utter bafflement of Rogue, Taurus clapped his hands together and caught the blade, using his superior strength to keep the blade from cleaving into him. Taurus then roared as he strained against the blade with his insane strength, shattered the blade into pieces.

"How...?" Rogue asked in a tone that sounded like his whole world was crumbling around him, unable to believe that the weakling that he has bested so many times now had Rogue's back against the wall. A massive explosion that shook the planet erupted behind Rogue, but the explosion barely registered to the warrior. "I have the power of Mu. I have the power of a being that has decimated billions of worlds! How can your pathetic being possible stand up to my absolute might?!"

"Because as strong as you are, you're by yourself. And I've got my friends barking orders at me, telling me what I'm doing wrong or what you're about to do. They plan, they ordered and I execute," Taurus replied as he cracked his knuckles, before he glanced past Rogue and smirked. "And I've also got two of the strongest heroes in the world who have never failed us on my side. With all of us together, how can we lose?"

Rogue glanced over his shoulder to see the Solar Knight and the Lunar Diva standing behind Rogue, while a decimated sphere burned behind them. Rogue glared down at the ground as his whole body shook with rage, a rage that he had not felt since he had learned of the destruction of his people. He then slowly lifted his gaze towards the blazing bull, with a look in his eyes that would haunt the three EM champions.

"Do not think for a moment that his is over," he whispered to Taurus, who crouched down at waited for Rogue to begin his next attack. "You have won this day. I will admit that. What I will never admit is that your power, your friendship, is stronger than my might. You are weak. You have always been weak and you will always be weak. And the next time we fight, I will make sure that you admit that fact yourself before I take your life. Enjoy your last few days upon this planet, for the next time we fight...you die."

Rogue roared once more before he drove his twisted blade into the ground, creating an eruption of shattered magic that forced the three EM champions to cover their eyes. When the shattered magic finally ceased, they found that once more Rogue was gone, though the remains of his other blade lay on the ground. Taurus then unleashed a blast of fire that incinerated the rest of the sword, before he threw his head back and let out a victory moo.

"Bud...that was incredible!" Megaman said as he and Harp Note walked over to Taurus, who was fist pumping with sheer joy.

"I can't believe that you beat him by yourself! Even Geo and I couldn't do that! We could barely beat him together!" Harp Note said with amazement before she and Megaman separated from their alicorn allies, leaving four sets of eyes gazing up with admiration at the blazing bull, who also split into human and EM being. "How did you do it? You have to tell us! Was it special training? I bet it was special training!"

"Sonia, clearly it was the fact that Bud has achieved enlightenment and now is one with the universe," Luna said with a smirk before she gave Bud a look. "Seriously Bud, how in the heck did you do that?"

"Heh heh heh, wouldn't you guys like to know?" Bud asked as he rubbed a finger under his nose, before he and Taurus both shared a knowing look with each other. "But I can give you a hint. Let's just say that the voices in my head were giving me instructions."