• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 24,050 Views, 586 Comments

Bitter Tears: An Anon-A-Miss Fanfic - hattafan2593



Sunset is still understandably hurt by her friends' actions after the Anon-A-Miss incident. Will things ever be alright between them again?

  • ...
26
 586
 24,050

Ch 10 - Exasperation and Angrish

While an unconcious Sunset was being worked on in the ER, Twilight had asked one of them to call Flash so he could meet them there. She and the others waited in the waiting area for twenty minutes until he came busting through the door shouting Twilight's name until an irate nurse scolded him for making too much noise.

Flash gave a quick summation of what happened that afternoon, including - Flash fidgeted as he admitted this - the fight that he had intentionally provoked. Twilight sat quietly for a moment, then stood up and turn to the other girls. "Girls...I think we need to talk."

The girls stared, shocked, but then Applejack nodded solemnly and said, "Yeah...Ah think we do."

Twilight turned to a nearby nurse and asked, "Is there a spare room where we can talk in private?"

"There's one right down the hall." she replied, pointing. The girls got up and followed her.

Twilight waited until they had completely disappeared, then turned and slapped Flash in the face. Hard.

"You're an idiot." Twilight stated.

Flash chuckled sadly, rubbing his cheek. "I guess I deserve that."

"Yeah. You do." Twilight said pointedly.

Flash looked down guiltily. "I was only trying to help..."

Twilight's face softened slightly. "I know. But you're still an idiot."

"Yeah. I am" Flash said, grinning slightly.

Both of them stood there awkwardly for a minute, then Flash asked, "So what now?"

"Can you stay out here and wait for information of her condition?" Twilight asked.

Flash nodded. "Of course. And you?"

Twilight grimaced. "I need to go yell at my friends."

Flash smiled sympathetically. "Sounds like fun."

"Tell me about it." Twilight muttered, rubbing her temple.


Twilight closed the door behind her, set her backpack down and unzipped it to let Spike out - who dramatically took in a breath of air as he leapt out - and turned to face the other girls, her face solemn.

"Okay. So...why do I get the feeling this all has to do with the Anon-A-Miss incident?"

The girls winced. "You know about that?" Pinkie asked.

"Yeah. I do." Twilight said sternly. "However, Sunset only gave me a summarized version of what happened. Mind filling me in on the details?"

The girls were hesitant, but they realized Twilight was going to find out one way or another, so, hesitantly, they told her what happened. From the first post to Sunset avoiding them.

When they were done, Twilight didn't say anything. She sat down in a chair and pinched the bridge of her nose, her eyes squeezed shut. She sat like that for a long time. It started to become disconcerting.

"Twilight....please say something." Fluttershy begged.

Twilight shook her head slowly. "I....I don't know what to say. Just....." she opened her eyes and looked up, her face a mask of anger and disbelief. "Why?"

The girls looked down in shame. "We were embarassed. And angry...." Pinkie said, her hair falling limp in her face. "We...thought she was trying to hurt us again...."

"Why?" The girls' heads snapped up. Spike was sitting directly in front of them, his head tilted in confusion. "No seriously, why? Sunset became a pariah after the Fall Formal. She was shunned and hated, some were even bullying her. Why on Earth would she choose to go back to that?"

"In our defense, we did have evidence..." Rarity said weakly.

"What? You mean those photos?" Twilight asked. "Did it not occur to you that maybe someone hacked her phone? I mean, that is possible here, right? Or, or that someone took her phone, posted the photos, and then put the phone back when no one was looking?" Twilight didn't notice Rarity flinch. "I mean, just because they came from her phone doesn't mean she was the one who posted it! I mean...did you guys even try to eliminate every other possibility before you came to Sunset?" Silence. "You didn't, did you. You just...assumed that...that..."

Twilight was so frustrated by this point she couldn't even form words. Her hair had begun to stick out at odd angles as she gripped it in her fists.

"Look, what do you want us to say? We screwed up, alright?" Rainbow asked, becoming frustrated herself. "And anyway, how did you know she was telling the truth? How'd she convince you?"

Twilight gaped at Rainbow like she had just turned into an giant potato. "You seriously have to ask me that?!"

"Uh..." Rainbow stammered.

"I believed Sunset because she's my friend!" Twilight snapped, putting emphasis on the "d" in "friend." She couldn't believe she actually had to spell this out for them. "Because I trust her! That's what friends do! They have faith in each other, they stick by each other, and until there is undeniable, irrefutable evidence that says otherwise, they give them the benefit of the doubt! For crying out loud, after all this time, do you still have that little faith in her? Or did her helping us save the entire school from the sirens just go over your heads?!"

Twilight gave a bitter chuckle. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I mean...I thought you guys would've learned your lesson the first time, but-"

"Whaddaya mean, 'the first time'?" Applejack asked, confused.

"Come on, AJ. Your memory can't be that bad." Spike snarked. "It was before we got here. Before the Fall Formal. You guys were at each others' throats. Over some stupid fight you had."

"That wasn't our fault! Sunset tricked us!" Rainbow said defensively.

"Yes. She did. And she was wrong for that. But did any of you try to find that out?" Twilight scolded. Rainbow fell silent. "No. You didn't. You just automatically assumed the worst in each other without even trying to find a solution. And because of that you lost, what? Weeks? Months?"

"...Three years." Rarity whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"...She's right..." Fluttershy whimpered. "We...we haven't learned anything." She burst into tears and buried her face in her hands.

"No. You didn't." Twilight said, unsympathetic. "I....I shouldn't have to explain this to you! I shouldn't have to keep coming back here, just to clean up your mess, I....I just....I don't...I...."

Words failed Twilight again, and she slumped in her chair, emotionally exhausted. No one said anything. What could they say?

After a long bout of silence, Twilight asked. "Who's Anon-A-Miss?"

The girls looked shocked. "What?" Fluttershy asked, confused.

"Anon-A-Miss. Who. Is it?" Twilight emphasized.

"Didn't Sunset tell you?" Rarity asked, wiping her wet face with a handkerchief.

"No." Twilight said wearily. "All she said was that the real culprit had been caught, and that her name had been cleared. After that she stopped writing or responding to my messages."

Rainbow squeezed her eyes shut, and answered in a pained voice, "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo."

"The CMC?" Spike asked, incredulous. "Why?"

"CMC?" Pinkie asked confused.

Twilight pinched the bridge of her nose once more, and then demanded. "Call them. Now."

"Sugarcube, Ah don't think-"

"Don't even, Applejack." Twilight snarled, glaring at her friend. "For two months I've been kept in the dark about this. For two months my friend has been wallowing in her own despair with no where to turn, and now she's in the hospital after trying to hurt herself smashing a bathroom mirror! If you don't call them and bring them here, I'll go find them. I'll knock on every door of every house in this city if I have to. I want answers, and by Celestia, I want them now!"

Author's Note:

Yeahhhh.....Twi's not happy.

Next chapter: CMC get chewed out.