• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 24,051 Views, 586 Comments

Bitter Tears: An Anon-A-Miss Fanfic - hattafan2593



Sunset is still understandably hurt by her friends' actions after the Anon-A-Miss incident. Will things ever be alright between them again?

  • ...
26
 586
 24,051

Ch 2 - Heel Realization

“Ah cain’t do this anymore.” Apple Bloom said quietly.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo stared at their friend, who had not said a word to them since the final bell rang, and who had continued to be silent with them as they had walked to Sweetie Belle’s house and climbed the stairs to her room.

“What do you mean?” Scootaloo asked.

“You know darn well what Ah mean.” Apple Bloom snapped, sounding harsher than she intended. “Anon-a- Miss. The secret-spreadin’, the embarasssin’ photos, the lyin’, all of it. Ah’m done with it, okay?”

Sweetie and Scootaloo just looked at each other. To be honest, they had had their own second thoughts about the whole ordeal. However they were surprised at how abrupt Apple Bloom was being about quitting; the whole thing had been her idea after all.

“Any particular reason why?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Apple Bloom said nothing, but reached into her backpack and pulled out a very damaged looking object and placed it on the bed in front of them.

“Is that.. Sunset’s cellphone?” Sweetie Belle asked, her eyes widening.

“Yup.” Apple Bloom said, her voice tight. She wouldn’t look at them.

“H-How did it get like that?” Scootaloo asked.

“She broke it.” Apple Bloom said. Fisting her shaking hands into her lap, she recounted what she had witnessed after Sunset ran out.


Sunset ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Away from the school. Away from Anon-a-Miss. Away from the hatred.

Suddenly she felt her foot snag and she found herself on the ground. Her phone skidded to a halt a few feet in front of her.

Sitting up on her knees, she picked it up and opened it. A picture of Rarity, Pinky Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, and herself all stared up at her, smiling and waving.

Sunset’s hands shook as she felt a lump form in her throat. This device – this stupid thing - was the cause of all this. If it wasn’t for this damn phone, then maybe her friends would’ve……

With a cry of rage and despair, she stood up and flung the phone as hard as she could against the base of the Canterlot High statue. She heard it crack upon impact and it fell to the ground with a clatter.

But Sunset wasn’t satisfied. With all the force she could muster, she stomped and ground and crushed the offending object, all the while with fresh tears rolling down her already streaked face.

This continued until her strength wore out, until all that was left was a mangled piece of plastic and silicon. Sunset stood there, panting, and then collapsed onto the ground sobbing. All the pain she felt, all the despair and betrayal and anger poured out onto the ground beneath her.

Finally she sat up on her knees, taking deep calming breaths as she ran her fingers through her hair. Then she stood up, wiped her eyes, and with arms wrapped tightly around her body, slowly walked off the school grounds.

As she left, a small figure stepped out from the other side of the statue and gingerly picked up the broken remains of Sunset’s phone, small fragments and buttons falling to the ground. Through the spider web cracks on the screen the frozen images of Sunset and her friends could be seen, still smiling and waving.

Tears streamed down Apple Bloom’s face as she watched the image fade to black.


“It’s all our fault. We did that to her.” Apple Bloom sniffled as she furiously wiped her eyes. She had never seen Sunset cry like that, even when the other students were shunning her after the Fall Formal. She had never seen her that broken.

Sweetie Belle was fighting backs tears herself, a trembling hand covering her mouth in horror. Scootaloo looked like she’d been punched in the face.

“But…. why would she destroy her own phone?” Scootaloo asked hoarsely.

“The photos we posted from the slumber party were from her phone.” Sweetie Belle said horrified – she had been the one to post those photos, and the very next day her sister and the others had cut all ties with Sunset. “She took those photos to remember having fun with her friends….”

“And instead they were used to humiliate them and break them apart.” Scootaloo finished, bowing her head in shame.

“Besides,” Apple Bloom added bitterly, “Thanks to us, she don’t have anyone to call with it.”

All three girls sat there in silence for what seemed like hours. Finally Apple Bloom placed the broken phone back in her backpack and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Ah’m gonna find our sisters and their friends and tell ‘em the truth.” Apple Bloom said resolutely.

Scootaloo stood up so fast her chair fell backwards to the floor. “Whoa. Hold on. You saw how mad they were when they thought it was Sunset. They’ll kill us, Bloom! If the other students don’t first!”

“Not to mention we’ll probably be expelled!” Sweetie Belle cried. “Can’t we just shut down the profile and leave it at that?”

“WAKE UP, YOU GUYS!!!” Apple Bloom screamed, her hand clenched tightly around the doorknob. “The whole school is in chaos! Even when Sunset was still bullyin’ people, it wasn’t this bad! Everythin’ Twilight did to bring everyone together has been ruined cuza us!”

Scootaloo and Sweetie flinched at the mention of Twilight Sparkle, the Princess from another dimension who had helped save the school when Sunset had turned into a she-demon.

“And what about Sunset? She’s gone off somewhere and she probably ain’t comin’ back and it’s ALL OUR FAULT!!!”

Apple Bloom bursts into bitter tears as her friends watched speechless.

“All this…..cuz we didn’t get invited to some stupid slumber party…..”

“…..You’re right.” Sweetie said at last. “We can’t let this go on. It has to end.”

Apple Bloom wiped her eyes and stood up straight. “This whole thing was mah idea. Ah’ll take the blame.”

No,” Scootaloo said firmly, placing her hand on Apple Bloom’s shoulders. “We’re all responsible for this. We won’t let you take all the blame yourself.”

Sweetie Belle came up behind her and nodded in agreement.

Touched by her friends’ loyalty, Apple Bloom nodded, and together all three girls headed downstairs and out the door.


It was dark and beginning to snow at Sugarcube Corner. If one were to look in the window one would see five somber looking girls sitting at a booth. Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were all having the worst week of their lives. All their most private and personal secrets had been posted online for everyone to see. Everywhere they went, they were mocked and teased by their schoolmates. They had thought a trip to Sugarcube Corner would make them feel better. They had thought wrong.

Suddenly the bell rang and in through the door walked three younger girls, all recognized as Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

They stopped in front of their booth with serious faces.

“Hey sis.” Applejack said, surprised to see her little sister and her friends here. “What’s wrong?”

“We have somethin’ to tell ya.” Apple Bloom said, and placed two phones on the table.

One was Sunset’s broken phone, and the other was hers. As everyone at the booth looked closely, they saw that her phone was open to the Anon-a-Miss Mystable profile.

Author's Note:

Yeah, this chapter isn't as good as the last one, I know. This is my first EG fanfic and I'm not real sure how to write the characters properly.

Hope you like it anyway.