• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,136 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,136

Chapter 9- Rarity's Vengeance.

Aldon awoke groggily to a pony playing cards on a nearby table. Ironically, or perhaps not so, the royal guard, who was instructed to be Aldon's watcher, was playing alone, with a dimly lit light to illuminate the one on one match between him and himself. Aldon realized he was on the couch bed, and reminisced on yesterday, and figured he would have to go through something called a 'spa' treatment. He had heard of it before back in his own world, but he felt it would only weaken him. A procedure that would weaken him scared him for sure. He had the power granted to him to protect others. The main reason was from the abuse of gods, but his friends as well, from almost anything.

Of course, when it came to Rarity and beauty, Aldon knew all too well, even though they essentially just met, that she was the queen of it. She designed the clothes for kings and queens, while also, most likely attending the so called 'spa' treatment as often as she could.

Even though he gave no mind to it, Rarity was quite beautiful for a pony, although it was her human-like features that made it so, but Aldon thought all of them just looked cute. Of course they were his friends, but as one would love their dog as a friend and companion, Aldon loved the ponies as such. There were sour dogs, who trampled those who threatened them, just like the pony society. He had a dog, and he knew what it felt like to lose him. To be powerless to stop people from dying, and to watch as the culprit gave a sly smile and a haughty laugh at the blood on his hands.

Aldon clenched his fists, with all the power he could muster, inadvertently crack the palm, "Never again," he whispered to himself. "What happened that day won't ever happen again."

Although Aldon was completely new to this world, he considered the ponies innocent and would die to protect the innocents, and especially his friends. Of course, that list just incorporated very few creatures of the world.

Hammerhoof had a smug look on his face as he looked at his own hand, imagining himself sweating on the other side, "alright ya' bastard. Let me show you how I lay down the table."

Aldon gave a light chuckle, to which Hammerhoof flipped over the table and ducked on the other side, "you didn't see anything!"

"Alright boss. Don't worry your little secret is safe with me." Aldon lifted himself up and viewed for his clothes, which he slipped on. His shoes came next as Hammerhoof rose his head above the protection of the table.

"I almost forgot you were here. For such a big -- human you don't seem to have any problems in the sleeping department."

Aldon chuckled, "well, when you're almost four hundred pounds, you tend to sleep soundly in the night." He knew in this world that size and strength was inevitably power. It was a world of magic all the same, but those two attributes would account for the fear of never being attacked, and Aldon at least knew he had one compared to the ponies. Of course, their kicks had him beat for sure, as he rubbed his chest on the sore spot. He winced, while Hammerhoof looked concerned.

"You alright there son? Luna didn't hit ya' too hard that day did she?" Aldon shook his head.

"Nothing I can't handle. Anyway what time is it?"

"It's around eight in the morning." Aldon nodded.

"I'll be going on patrol then, do you need anything before I go?"

"Actually," Hammerhoof approached the human, "I think I'll go along, to stretch the old muscles and see how a rookie does."

Aldon laughed. What exactly the point of watching a monotonous task being performed by an overqualified person. Hammerhoof had bags under his eyes for sure. "I think you should get some rest sir," he became serious, "you don't exactly look the best to go patrolling."

"What are you talking about?" Hammerhoof asked. Quizzically looking over Aldon's peering azure eyes. He was at a lost, as a subordinate caring for his well being. He rarely got sleep; he lost that a long time ago, after he lost it all, but in spite of it, he managed to push on. Aldon was the same as him, he had seen the face of death, and walked away with nothing but himself and scarred memories. It carries with the eyes. The sad, sullen and depressed eyes. The damage would be done forever, and Hammerhoof knew it would never be repaired for himself or his new subordinate. It's why he liked him, the human felt what loss was.

Yet despite that, the human was asking for Hammerhoof's condition, and recommending for him to rest. Sadly, Hammerhoof could do no such thing. "I'm sorry son, I've lost the ability to enjoy sleep for as long as I remember."

Aldon nodded his head, "I understand. It's tough to lose, and even tougher to live after losing it all. You are perhaps the bravest pony I've seen so far Hammerhoof. To be brave enough to lose everything and yet still live and protect others."

Hammerfhoof was silent, taking in Aldon's words, until with a new outlook Hammerhoof smiled, "alright, let's get going then. I'm a little hungry while I think about it."

As the two wordlessly travelled outside, they were greeted by the Mayor, and her assistants. Although, the patrons looking for assistance were nowhere near as kind, instead directing hard stares and some death glares. Hammerhoof looked ashamed at the ponies. He had been briefed and about the first encounter, and while it scare him, it was a secret. Of course, he had heard what happened, and if Hammerhoof was there, he would've knocked the pony harder.

Aldon seemed fine to ignore it though, so Hammerhoof kept the thought to himself as they travelled outside, into the beautiful and serene sun. "It's always so nice out. Celestia tries so hard for us; I respect her deeply for it."

Hammerhoof began walking, with Adlon following. Aldon decided that it was fine to leave his two greatswords behind, as it would only draw attention, and he doubted anything major happening. Although Aldon was curious to Hammerhoof's statement. What exactly did he mean?

"Um, Hammerhoof, what exactly do you mean?" Hammerhoof pondered, until he hoof-palmed and realized that Aldon was not from the world, and knew nothing of how it essentially worked. It also seemed like, although the intense questioning and exchange of information, very little of how the world worked was mentioned.

"Well, basically the two princesses, Luna and Celestia, raise the moon and sun respectively."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Aldon asked, confused, as they started to move up to the marketplace.

"Well, just as I said. They hold the power to raise the moon and sun. Celestia raises the sun, while Luna raises the moon." Aldon was completely puzzled. How did they move celestial objects. Were their magics that strong? Did they purposefully hold back on me? Could they have killed me that day, with no problems whatsoever?

Questions funneled in his mind, making him look like he in the middle of taking a hard exam; pure concentration. So much so, he almost hit a stand in the marketplace.

A feminine, southern accent dawned in to Hammerhoof, "is he alright?"

"I'm not sure. Hey, Aldon, you hear me?" Hammerhoof even attempted to wave his hooves up at Aldon's dead eyes.

Luckily after a light punch from Applejack, Aldon was back in the world of the living. He was still completely anxious ot the questions popping up, but decided to wait till later to filter them about.

"Wait, Applejack, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, well I have an apple stand. Did you think I would be working on the farm today?" Aldon meekly nodded.

"Well, I have to sell the apples too, or they go bad."

"Speaking of which," Hammerhoof interjected, "Can I get two to go please." Hammerhoof pulled out about 10 bits and handed them to Applejack.

"Oh, well here ya' go then. Am I to assume that Rarity is bringing you to the spa today?" Applejack asked the human, who was handed an apple from Hammerhoof.

"Well, she looked pretty serious about it."

"Yeah, ah would never say anything like that in front of her. She would kill people who didn't know one of her favourite words." Applejack looked at Aldon seriously, "just make sure you don't ditch her. Or well, she'll probably find you when she's ready. Probably around noon if I know her." Aldon nodded.

"Alright, see ya' around Applejack." She nodded to Aldon as both Aldon and Hammerhoof waved at her and began to walk away.

A crunch was heard to Aldon's right as he saw the pony munch down on the apple. His face contorted into pure joy. Aldon looked down at the perfect apple in his hand.

He quickly took a crunchy bite, with the juice dripping down him and his face, as well as Hammerhoof's was in bliss. "I think this is the best thing I've ever had." Hammerhoof nodded.

"The apples are truly magnificent. Their apples are easily the best, by miles." Aldon concurred as they continued to patrol around town, looking out for any mischief.

Hammerhoof talked and walked, and discussed and jogged. Three hours later, and it was a little bit past noon, with the two of them looking in front of the town hall.

"Are you scared about her?" Hammerhoof asked.

"No, I don't think Rarity is that crazy. I mean I'm only a little bit late. She probably won't be that mad." Hammerhoof nodded and walked inside.

"I'll see you tonight then, and good luck." Hammerhoof walked into his current home, and waved Aldon good bye, from which he returned in kind.

Aldon began to whistle as he tried to navigate back to the Carousel Boutique. Even though he had been here for a few days, the pattern of the town continued to elude him. Without Hammerhoof there with him today, he most likely would've circled around aimlessly instead of actually patrolling.

The sun was at it's peak, yet it still felt great out. Although he was curious as to what the pegasus were doing in the sky. Perhaps something else he should ask later. What caught his attention next gave him goosebumps.

Out of nowhere a familiar voice called to him, "Aldon dear, are you ready for the spa today?" She asked.

Aldon's eyes widened, and began to frantically look out until he was hit with something. However before he could see the culprit, who he knew was Rarity, he blacked out.

She walked out of a nearby alley and looked at the collapsed man. She maniacally laughed, to which the others walked out, except for Applejack and were confused.

"What was the point of that?" Twilight asked.

"He didn't know what a spa was. He needed to pay." Rainbow Dash laughed hysterically, with Pinkie eventually joining in, while Fluttershy was concerned with Aldon's well being.

"Wait, so you knocked him out and made him almost piss himself just to drag him to the spa. I mean, I'm pretty sure he was going to go with us."

Rarity shook her head at Rainbow Dash, "No, I needed to make sure he wouldn't back out on it. Anyway, let's get going. Rarity tried to move the man, only to find he wasn't budging."

"I may require some assistance." Meanwhile Fluttershy was simply looking over him, nodding to herself as he checked out to be ok.

"I think that might be up to you Rarity. You knocked him out, so you should carry him." Rarity turned red as she tried to hoist him over her back, while she ignored Rainbow Dash's comment.

"Rainbow Dash, you're strong, so why don't you carry him?" Rarity asked.

"I'm strong, but I'm not stupid. He weighs a ton."

Eventually after more and more attempts, Twilight agreed to help. It defaulted to them both using their magic and walking to their destination. All the while, Rarity was smiling deeply, and Pinkie was jumping greatly.