• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,123 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,123

Chapter 23- Angelos is Revealed.

Ashened fields were laid out in front of the emerging giant. Three ponies stood against the ever-growing beast of carnage and destruction. Two stallions and one mare stood in the monster's path. They all stood as proudly as Celestia herself as they stared down the beast. One held the golden outline of the sun, with the beauty and angelical outline of a god above. The pegasus was a true marvel, and even Rainbow Dash would drop her jaw at his speed. He adorned a sky blue mane with his golden crust of a coat. His eyes burned purple with heavenly power.

The mare had deep crimson red fur and a beautiful, luscious nightly mane. She held a magnificent horn, to dwarf Luna's equivalent. Her body overflowed with darker magical prowess. She let her demonic energies be known as demons were summoned all around her. Her red eyes would pierce into the monster's soul, if it truly had one.

Finally, the last Stallion stood as a giant. Armored in deep green scales, and sporting no mane, the giant stood as a testament to raw strength. His hooves were covered with claws, and his teeth were sharp and serrated to the touch. His eyes showed elegant, green fury. Every step he made, shook the ground. Together, they formed an unstoppable barrier.

But what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unstoppable barrier?


Blood-red eyes bore down onto the ponies from the veil of the dust cloud. Celestia was slightly chuckling however when Twilight looked at her in concern.

"I haven't had a bout' like this since the gryphonic war." Twilight's jaw contorted into a mess, while her hair frazzled up in a flaming jumble. Celestia continued to laugh at her pupil. "Tis' fine Twilight. Nopony is hurt. Isn't that right Aldon?" She asked, fully expecting an adequate answer. While Twilight was trying to understand the situation, along with all of the rest of the ponies, Aldon simply let out a fire breath of beautiful blue, blazing flames.

Luna galloped up to Celestia's side, "Sister!" she said with concern on her tongue.

Celestia dusted herself off as all of the ponies began to question Celestia, begging for answers and wishing for peace. She then got serious as she realized what was happening.

"Luna, they were right." Luna tilted her head slightly, until she saw the demonic eyes plastered on the human. His appendages were slowly forming into a dark, heavy mist of bulging claws and chiselled muscular armor.

"Is that?" Celestia slowly nodded her head to affirm to her sister.

"Princess," Twilight practically yelled, gaining both of the princesses gazes, "what is going on!"

"Twilight, you should stand back. All of the elements should in fact," Celestia turned to face them, with Fluttershy cowering behind the aggressive Rainbow Dash. Applejack was curious with the creature's strength, and Rarity was appalled with its appearance. Pinkie, if not being occupied with messing with other frightened ponies, would've tried to make friends with the demon baring its teeth at all of them.

"Ah'm sorry to say princess," Applejack began, rather rudely, "but we will not stand back. That thing doesn't belong, and we will not let it stay."

"Yeah, we've helped save Equestria plenty of times. What is a scary demon compared to the rest of them?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That thing isn't a demon necessarily," celestia began, but hesitated.

"Princess, please, you can tell us." Celestia huffed.

"We'll discuss this all later. For now, we need to stop it. After, I'll tell you everything about it." Luna, out of all the ponies was the one sad for it. She was in that position before. Turned into a monster.

"Little Ponies. Is that what you call them, Ms. Celestia is it?" The body slowly jumped down to the ground, revealing all of its glory and all of its horror.

Pale, pink skin was replaced by dark, bloody-fire imbued, demonic scales with luscious and horrific veins of beautiful black. The head took the same relative shape of a human's, except for the huge horn protruding from the top, completely destroying the relative scale of horns. Celestia was jealous to say the least. However, the scales came as close to the eyes, where gazers of a darker depth were inserted.

His arms were elongated to match the ground with his huge and armored legs. Claws asserted their vicious length, making it known that steel would have no chance against them. The chest was the most pronounce feature though. It held a demonic and holy fixation, with the world of elements surrounding it. Then in the center of the entire symbol was what looked like a lock and key. The slot looked unique and most likely, with the right key, it could be unlocked.

"Who are you!" Luna demanded, stepping in front of all of the ponies, asserting her position of protector. Her sister was both impressed and loving of her sister at that point.

"I know you've heard of me," the demon said stoutly. He was right in that too. His dark, demonic, raspy and ancient voice didn't lie. All of the ponies were confused by this. Until they heard its next words, words and names they all knew so well. "Lord Tirek. King Sombra. Queen Chrysalis. Princess Celestia. Princess Luna. Princess Cadence. Princess Twilight. Nightmare Moon." They were all so confused, but anxious on the spot. Nervous for the creature's intentions and its power. It was no lie that it radiated similar to Luna's and Celestia's.

Images of all of their faces spewed up in flames. High above they stood on pedestals, which plastered "Gods."

"Kings and Gods. Beings of immense power. But what does power really mean?" His rhetoric was beginning to get on Rainbow Dash's nerves.

"Get to the point bub!" she shouted at the creature.

"Yes!" Another voice, high above the rooftops called out. This voice was a benevolent voice to dwarf the Canterlot Voice. "Beast, you do not belong here!" The pony yelled. Its features of a golden coat, and regal eyes were revealed. It held a strong pair of wings, belittling all wings of pegasi.

Mares drooled over the sight of the stallion. It was huge, strong and fear inducing, which made them clamour for it more. However, god's all take disguises. His true form would be revealed soon enough. Even Celestia, and Luna had to keep blushes from their faces. Perfectino was at the door for ponies, yet the creature could only stare into the new arrival's face.

Without warning, the pony zoomed past every single pony, making Rainbow Dash twitch at his speed.

"King of Light and Speed, Angelos, at your service," he said, bowing to the two princesses, who with being closer and able to audibly hear the voice's signature, recognized it as one of the three they talked to. They had no idea however it was a pony. Rainbow Dash, meanwhile wished to challenge the newcomer so badly. Twilight was eager to ask questions, Rarity wanted to tailor clothes, Applejack simply compared him to her brother mentally, Fluttershy cowered behind her honest friend, and Pinkie wished to make a new friend.

The pony slowly turned around to see the creature and inwardly smiled. His opportunity to remove the only challenger in the gods' lives was right in front of him.

"You wish to fight again?" The demon asked. The pony shook his head.

"I only wish to protect the inhabitants of this world from your scourge." Truly, it was the other way around, but the demon could only wickedly smile as he popped his ever-densifying knuckles.

"I will teach you your place then," the demon said, completely ignoring the voice inside of his head.



"I never said you could do this!" The human voice shouted, demanding answers from the entity in control of his body. Answers, that would come in the form of hate, anger, neglect, and betrayal. The story would be revealed in full volume soon enough.

Author's Note:

Understand, this is all within the time span of a few minutes, which is why the chapter is short. Also, I like to space chapters out more.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Answers will be revealed in time.