• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,123 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,123

Chapter 5- Peace is a Facade, Even in Paradise.

He can't believe he had just slept for an entire day. It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Like ecstasy, it gave him an amazing feeling, and apparently it was almost noon as he noticed the clothes on the side of his bed on a pulled up chair. He got the hint and slowly got up, popping joints, and cracking bones with glee. Within a few minutes, Aldon had put on the clothes: a simple black tee, a pair of white pants, and simple shoes; just a simple pair of sandals, which suited Aldon fine. His feet stopped feeling pain for as long as he remembered. The room was rather small when he stood up, but when something is almost 8 feet tall in a society of ponies, things tend to happen, so Aldon paid no mind, until the door opened. Twilight Sparkle calmly walked through, to see that Aldon was up, dressed and seemingly ready to go.

Her eyes were dead, yet still open, and her face looked of death. She slightly drooled, and Aldon could guess no sleep was acquired by her. "Are you good?" Aldon asked, to which Twilight lightly nodded, trying to stop the drool. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah--I just stayed up too late--actually, I never went to sleep. Too much to research to work on; to learn."

"You should probably take a break, but anyway what's up?" Aldon asked as he slowly approached the alicorn, bending down to look at her face, letting his eye scar stick out at her, while she looked at his war-hardened face.

"You have an appointment with the guard in town. Just a little review to see how you are, and some simple tests. Should be all good." Aldon nodded, but immediately questioned that, letting him be a guard so quickly, and just forgiving his attack on the princesses. The ponies were definitely not beastmen, or his fellow man.

He wished to do one thing before he left. A gift to give to a certain pony, who got hurt because of him. And while the guard threw the spear, it was his fault for it being thrown. "Where is Ms. Fluttershy? I need to give her a gift."

"What kind of gift? I didn't see anything on you. Nothing at all." Aldon shook his head.

"No, just please let me show you. Um--could you take the necklace off quickly and guide me to her room?" Twilight hesitated, but by the look of his face, she could slightly trust him as she used her magic to remove it and then guided him through the hallways to her room.

As they entered the room, Aldon saw the same pony who had tried to stop the fighting, laying unconscious or asleep on the hospital bed, with the blinds open and sun protruding through. He ignored the stares at him, and the whispers, he couldn't care less. "So what are you going to do?" Twilight asked nervously as Aldon approached Fluttershy. Aldon approached her and whispered a thank you as he rubbed her head.

Of course, he knew what he had to do next. He held up his palm and concentrated on a single emotion and thought: gratitude. For trying to help, and risking her life for him. He wanted to show gratitude as he molded a fireball in his hand. A beautiful flowing blue ball of flame. Twilight stood awestruck as he molded the ball. A blue ball of flame and light, which emitted heat, yet didn't burn or cause any harm. This was proven as Aldon found a small metal bowl and placed it on the desk next to her. No melting, no burn marks, or anything. When he let go of it, nothing happened: it stayed and burned with all of it's beauty. A permanent ball of fire, which to her surprise stayed even after he put the necklace back on.

"Yes, it's a trademark of mine. An ever-lasting, never-harming ball of fire, from which you can hold, meld and hold close forever, as long as I am alive." Aldon felt content with it there and asked the nurses to leave it, and if they wished touch it for safety reasons, but he assured them it would do no harm and that it was a present, a beautiful present for Fluttershy. Perhaps the most valuable jewel, or most memorable present, but either way, it beat any jewelry or pony-made artifact in beauty.

And while it took almost nothing out of him, he believed it would suffice for now. Hopefully at least, as she seemed one who would love anything from the heart, which coincidentally it actually was. Twilight on the other hand was still awestruck when Aldon tried to get her attention. "How did you do that? It's permanent and so...beautiful."

"Like I said, it's a trademark of mine. And most people seem to like it." Twilight was confused until she realized people were humans in plural, and simply translated it to ponies for herself.

They left the room and after some navigating and more conversation emerged from the hospital. Of course, there were no less amount of stares once outside. And luckily it was more curiosity. Although he could tell, just by his size, he put fear into some ponies. He realized however, there were more than just ponies here, albeit in extremely small quantity. He noticed some griffins, and even a minotaur roaming and talking. The town seemed relatively peaceful as Twilight led him to the Mayor's office. The air was fresh, no blood littered the street, and there were so many nice smiles, however he could see the malice in some of the inhabitants as he walked by.

As they continued walking, he had seen so many different colors, of both ponies and buildings. He genuinely felt happy, until he saw something he hated.

A griffin was surrounded by fellow ponies, who were berating it, and verbally assaulting it. In actuality it was pretty much bullying on an adult level. Twilight gasped and approached the scene in a mild rage. "Hey. What are you ponies doing?" Aldon approached behind, while looking at how they held adamant smiles on their face.

"We were just telling this feather-brain to get lost. He has no place here. Nothing does but ponies, and they should be banished to say the least." One of the ponies said, who had a moderate build for a male, with a orange coat, and a standard black mane.

"Oh and look at this, a hairless ape. A lowly animal, what is that your new pet princess?" The pony continued on.

Aldon ignored the arrogant pony and looked at the griffin, who was cowering in fear of all the surrounding ponies. They all laughed at it while it simply wished to leave. Aldon slowly made his way through the crowd of bullying ponies and bent down to the creature, "are you ok?"

The griffin shook his head, "please, I just don't know why they're picking on me. I did nothing wrong." It was a male, but was rather small and timid; perhaps a teenager, or small adult.

"Of course he did something wrong, he's here. Same with you, you animal." Another pony poked Aldon rather rudely as Aldon continued to stare at the griffin in sadness. Truly paradise isn't left unscathed. Twilight was still arguing with the ponies, to stop it.

"Why are you doing this. The griffin just wants to go home. What's your problems?" Twilight asked.

"He's our problem," the pony pointed at the griffin.

"Yeah, you know what, let's deal with this now," another pony said as he winded up a punch at the scared griffin. It launched, but before it could hit, Aldon caught it in his palm, and looked at the pony wince in pain.

"That's enough," Aldon said in a serious tone as he stared into the pony's soul.

The pony, however didn't seem intimidated as he scowled, "hey, get this thing off of me. Twilight call off your pet."

Aldon slowly began to rise, as he towered over the ponies, seemingly lifting the pony one handed and stared at him in the eyes. "Picking on others like you're doing is something I hate."

"Pfft, ooh so scary." Aldon cracked his knuckles. During this time however, the griffin had escaped through the commotion, Twilight was asking Aldon to stop, and all surrounding ponies were watching as Aldon was about to hit the pony in his grasp.

The ponies now, instead of having brows of curiosity, held angered faces. Aldon saw this, and looked back at the pony, who was smiling and stuck his tongue out, "go ahead do it." Aldon chucked htep ony to the floor, making him rub his flank.

Twilight walked over to Aldon, "Please, let's just leave. Idiots will be idiots." Aldon glared at the group, but eventually looked down to Twilight and nodded.

"Now I suppose everyone will despise me." Aldon sighed as he followed Twilight.

"They must be new here. I've never seen anypony act like that to somepony else, or any other species." Twilight tried to reassure Aldon, "but you should be fine. I mean, it may take them a while to like you, but you didn't do anything to him, so they can't hate you. Just uh, refrain from hurting anypony, even if they provoke you. It'll make things worse."

"Yeah, I figured. So, are there a lot of outsiders here?"

"No, not usually; most of the time, they are at the larger cities, like Manehattan, or Canterlot. Although, the new addition of the crystal castle has attracted a lot of new ponies, and assorted species."

Aldon had to admit, it was definitely peaceful looking, but truthfully, no place, even paradise has peace. The griffin being bulleid is proof of that, and while he cares little for verbal insults towards himself, seeing others helpless at emotional pain makes him mad, and that group of ponies did in fact make him mad. Not enough to show it, but what they did was immoral and despicable. However, it seems violence by other races are not taken very well here, just like at back home with the beastmen. It felt weird to be on the other side of the spectrum, but he supposed he would just have to win them over, one pony at a time.

"Here it is, the town hall. I think the captain of the guards, 'Hammerhoof' is inside. Are you ready?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, let's do it." Aldon looked at the massive structure, and approached it with Twilight, wondering how they built it all, until magic came to mind. Still ,it was impressive nonetheless. The scuffle still lingered in his mind: what would he have done if he had no control? Hopefully he could forget it. They both opened the door, leading Aldon to the next stage here: a job.

Author's Note:

So, I guess I already have hate, although to just dislike without a reason is kind of annoying. Although, I suppose that's just how some people are.

Anyway, you know I can't have chapters without something juicy. Anyway hoped you enjoyed and more is coming.