• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,125 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,125

Chapter 17- Two Monsters Converse.

Author's Note:

Closest thing to Aldon's demonic transformation(remove staff, and make the muzzle longer and more dragonic).

Pretty close to Sun Crusher.

The field laid barren with a huge outline of ovular grassless grasslands. It would return, but when the sea of blood and the ocean of hate disappeared with it. The battle had just ended, and instead of the demon who could slay gods, there lied a man who for all intensive purposes had just saved Ponyville. For better or for worse, the ponies would have to face the facts. The dragon on the other hand looked like something from Tartarus had come up and swallowed half its body and made sure to clean the insides. Blood continued to leak to the ground in wonderful waterfalls of magical powered liquid fire. The scorching winds which were mightier than anything seen in Ponyville had subsided and the peaceful calm and serene sun returned as the ashed clouds dispersed. The town was in shambles; lives were gone, never to be returned, while on top of that, some were in the very process of disappearing. However, no one dared to approach the demonic man any closer than within safe distance. The battle was like a crime scene, except there were no cops, yellow line, or any perimeter, but no one dared to cross the invisible fence all together.

"Sister, to think that was what was inside of him the whole time." Luna stated, still shocked over the whole phenomena. At the same time, ponies could feel their full powers return, and all of their magic flushed back into them. In fact many were overcharged, with the power to kill gods. Luna and Celestia especially, felt more powerful than ever before. A small blast from Luna would result in mountains disappearing. Celestia's Canterlot Voice would decimate bodies in its wake. It was so strong it almost corrupted them to the core, but still they held firm; everyone did when they saw the man slowly stir.

The ponies all began to slowly back away, with some of the other races standing firm; they knew of conflict more. Celestia however took the initiative, with Luna by her side. She walked in front of the massive encircling crowd, within the invisible crime scene and spoke to the people of Ponyville and her fellow Sun Guards, and Luna with her Night Guards.

"My Little Ponies," Celestia began. "We, have won the day!" she shouted, gaining most to cheer, but some still to look down in sadness.

"The beast has been vanquished!" Luna yelled alongside her sister. However, most still cringed at the sight of the immeasurable amount of blood and the huge, destroyed body of the previously attacking dragon.

The main six, however, were staring at the slowly awakening man. Fluttershy especially showed concern, as she was the embodiment of kindness. Meanwhile, the princesses words did bring up light in the people. Even though dark deeds have been done, they were brought above them with simple words, but none could truly forget. Especially the family many had lost; but at the same time, many have gained new ones. Neighbors and friends became more through the struggle.

"Everyone here are the victors," Celestia began. "There have been many who have sacrificed their lives," and with those words many hung low heads, "but with those sacrifices, many have been able to live on!"

"We all need to be there for one another at this sad time. I will personally fund the reconstruction of the town, and ask that all of you help in it!" Celestia yelled.

"But mark our words," Luna chimed in, "we will get to the bottom of why we were attacked." Everyone nodded, some in sadness and others in pride. Fluttershy was the first one to walk by and assist the man, who was struggling to stand, up.

"Aldon!" Fluttershy yelled as he fell down to the floor and blood came up in a wave.

"I'm fi--fine." He said slowly as he got up to stand. Everyone's eyes were dawned on him as he stood. Their saviour in monster's cloak. The princesses turned and addressed the man.

"Let us give thanks," Celestia began, "thanks to the hero of Ponyville!" She yelled. Everyone cheered Aldon's name and gave him thanks. But instead of a smile, Aldon had an emotionless face and tears streaming down from his eyes as he looekd at the crowd.

He gave whispers to himself, which Fluttershy could overhear, trying to support him, "I really did fail them."

The princesses needed to give thanks, but also knew something needed to be done about the potential threat, and the next events gave them proper opportunity to do just that in private. Aldon blacked out and fell down without further energy to support himself. At that, everyone gasped as he laid on the ground once again.


Canterlot Hospital

"So, how is his condition?" The princess of the night asked the head doctor.

"Well your highness, he is in a comatose state." Luna shook her head and looked to the man in the same type of bead he was in when he arrived. The doctor was a unicorn stallion holding a cutie mark of a first aid kit. Pretty generic, and so he was just another egg head in the facility.

"Uh, if you wouldn't mind, how exaclty did he save Ponyville?" The doctor asked. Luna had no reason to withhold his transformation, as it was for everyone to see. The battle was witnessed by so many ponies that it would spread like wildfire. And even the fact that Aldon was in Canterlot hospital was no secret as the pony press clamored for information outside.

"It's a very interesting story to say the least. I'm not really sure myself and am here to ask him the specifics. Until then doctor, just go with the information already out there, because that's all we know too." Although, there was also a little hidden on the amount of blood in the fields; the dragon's blood. The doctor nodded and went to check for a few more things until quietly exiting the heavily guarded room, with Luna as its only occupant. "Yes, what exactly did you do Sir Aldon?"

Meanwhile outside, Celestia was taking the heat of the press and instructing everyone to remain outside and clear of the hospital. Patients of Ponyville were being rushed in as well, but everyone had a very good questions to ask: what happened? And what was the demon?

"Everypony, please remain calm. We need everypony to remain outside. The hospital is currently dealing with too much to be further delayed by pestered questions to doctors and nurses." A guard adorned in golden armor gruffly stated that, while reporter ponies continued to hammer the questions, accusations and rumors to the princess standing beside the guard. Celestia didn't have much to say however.

"My Little Ponies," Celestia stated walking forward, asserting both authority and motherly care, "please understand that even we don't know what transpired that well. We are waiting for Sir Aldon to awaken to gather more information. Currently he is resting and in recovery." And just then a guard stepped to her side and whispered into her ear. "It also appears that he may be in a coma, and may not be able to give answers for some time. For now, let us all give hope that our hero of Ponyville comes out just fine."

Celestia felt saddened by the news. The fact that the hero of Ponyville, and the man who saved so many of her ponies' lives was in a coma and was killed made her so sad. She felt as though she had failed the man. She truly did hope for a quick recovery, and wished to go inspect Aldon and see his state for herself.

However, a side of her couldn't help but feel fear of the monster, the demon who had killed the dragon. It was Aldon, but she had to ask: was it really him?


Aldon's Dreamscape

The desolate landscape of molten rock, paired with demonic dark. The sky leaked blood to grounds below, watching it evaporate into molten stream and float to the black clouds above. Luna could feel the pain and suffering in his dreamscape; his pain and suffering. His deepest memories, locked away in a chest and with the key thrown away. Aldon knew nothing of the past that was in the box; the long forgotten past, but the environment surrounding the princess of the night gave her a clear picture.

A young boy cheerily went around with his family in one picture, only to be replaced with the boy in a rage, letting hellfire rain on his village. A raging rampage ensuing, to which the villagers cried for help, but none came; they cried for the gods. Luna saw the dead family, and witnessed what it wrought.

The same toddler seeing a mighty being approaching him, instructing him to kneel down. To beg for his life and grovel at his feet. A god is what he called himself, similarly to Luna and Celestia.

"I don't bow to anyone!" the boy cried out, to which the god adorned in shadowy cloak smiled viciously and wickedly, letting out a similar wicked laugh. Of control and power, and with such he kicked the boy and sent him flying into a nearby building, expecting him to be crushed and destroyed by the impact. Meanwhile the townsfolk around the incident did indeed bow and pay their respects, until the young boy walked out with an angry face.

"Oh, so you survived. Well, I suppose I could give you another chance to bow down," he nonchalantly said as everyone grovelled at the god's feet and he relished in it.

The boy continued to stare, while Luna could see the look in the boy's eye. The gentle, yet defiant blue had something else in it. A demonic symbol ringed in it. The god laughed as he slowly approached the boy again, while all of the people gasped as the god delivered a mighty kick to the boy once again. However like a martial artist, the boy caught it in one hand and like a monster slowly began to crush it in his grip.

"You all think you're so high and mighty," the boy stated, while the god tried to shake the iron grip, "but you're just the scum of the planet." His eyes turned a beet red, and everyone began to feel the magical pressure. The god was furious with the boy and amped up his power, throwing the boy off his balance.

"Fine, since you find it fancy to disobey me, I'll lay out your punishment!" And with that he disappeared and so did the town, in mighty flames. Body burned over revealing pleading bones and running souls. The boy slowly fell to his knees and cried his eyes out at the scene. Everyone was dead.

"One of these days!" He yelled. "I'll kill you all! Every last one of you!" He said as he curled up a young baby's bones. Tears fell onto the silent child, to which turned into more sadness. "YOU'LL ALL PAY!"

---

Luna gasped at the images. How someone, anyone could do such a thing to innocent people was disgusting. What flashed up next was the young boy on the run from knights of whatever nation he was in, pleading, telling them it was the gods who did it. The guards only continued to yell things such as 'monster,' and 'heretic.'

---

The boy was in a large city, looking for hope in a hopeless situation. Nobles, as Luna saw them, walked around with happiness and glee, glaring at the sad, yet hopeful young boy.

"Honey, what about the local club of aristocrats. I beleive it sounds so exquisite. Exactly somewhere I could meet great people." A woman, wearing too much jewelry for anyone's tastes, accompanied by a man adorned in expensive suit and tie, laughed and then kissed.

"Anything for you darling." They both gave a disgusting laugh that Luna knew all too well. Aristocrats and Nobles were loathed by Luna all the same. The boy was looking around, until he spotted a small wallet on the ground. Enough money to live happy for the rest of his life waited inside, but the boy couldn't take it. His morals still remained.

"Wait, where's my wallet!" The man yelled checking his pockets as everyone went on with their days. The boy looked to the man and slowly approached, looking up the couple, to which Luna gasped in anger.

"I think this belongs--" And without finishing the man beat up the boy, calling him 'punk' and the sort, while the wife smiled and flashed her jewelry, looking on the onlookers, who also mocked the boy, calling him a thief.

The punches went on for minutes, yet Aldon didn't fight back, only cried tears of sadness. He was then chased out of the town, beaten and broken, by the local guards for theft and attempted murder, while the nobles laughed it up at the poor, familyless boy who cried the whole time. He tried to hold up with his wounds, but ended up fainting on the ground, and wounding up in prison, where he curled up into a hopeless ball and continued to cry.

---

The next was villagers screaming at the young boy who tried to enter the town. Yelling for the demon to leave and never return. Never to belittle the gods and always to pray to them for guidance. The young boy cried and cried, ran and ran, until he finally gave up and was about to die, gazing up into the sun, until he saw a face Luna knew. A similar girl, with a smile and gingerly look; the family, the parents and dog all looked saddened at the boy, until they took him in. And that's when the images stopped. And she too developed tears.

The now known Aldon slowly approached alongside h\the princess of the night. She continued to glare into the last picture, seeing a young Aldon's happiness running with his new family, only to know what happened next.

"Sir Aldon, I--" Aldon said nothing as he looked at the image and a small tear dropped from his eyes, until he looekd to the princess pony.

"I often debate it with myself; if i'm like the monsters I try to destroy." Luna looked to the man, viewing tears hitting the ground, while his voice continued in emotionless song. "I don't know if I hate the gods or people more," he stated looking at the images laid out in front of him and Luna. Luna gazed up at the sad man still.

"They both took everything from me. Yet I still found peace in humans. But I killed so many too. I am truly a monster," Aldon said.

"Sire Aldon, I don't usually like talking about it," she said looking away. "But you're not the only one here who was a monster. I--I didn't always look like this and help to protect everypony and serve them well. Before we met, I was once known as Nightmare Moon, a heartless monster who tried to bring on eternal night and suffering. I was trapped on the moon for a millennia, until I got free and tried to bring about eternal night. Luckily the Elements and my sister stopped me, or I might have succeeded. I hurt so many ponies though." Aldon slowly bent down and gave a hug to princess of the night, who cried in guilt.

"I suppose then, we were both monsters," Aldon stated, picking Luna up in an embracing hug, from which she cried and Aldon silently held her close.

Around them, everything changed from fire and destruction, with black bloody skies, to beautiful blue and grassy green. Lush hills and innumerable relaxing trees. A luxurious lake and chirping birds.

"But even if we both were, that doesn't mean we are now," Aldon stated gaining Luna's crying attention, to which she looked in awe at the new environment. "There is always a second chance Princess." She smiled and the tears ceased. "Always."