• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,133 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,133

Chapter 8- The Monster Enters the Castle.

It was a calm journey after. That is for Aldon's consciousness, but not his heart. Emotions stemmed from his fire-filled heart, which felt the sadness of a coming storm. A storm of madness.

His vision blurred as he watched and went on autopilot. He had experienced it before, by the tampering of the gods. But, he would suspect that he was alone, with no gods overlooking him. Of course, the next words made him seemingly wrong in every way.

"Destroyer of Divinity, as per the decree of our courts, the Divine shall smack you down soon enough. Make ready, for we are prepared to harm anything that comes in our way." Aldon clenched his fist, while he continued on the monotonous, gray autopilot, "and don't forget, we hold all of the power, mortal." The voice continued to intimidate Aldon. Of course, the voice of the holy god, Angellos was scary, but that was for someone or something who had never seen his power. "We expect a good match when we find you." Aldon was made for a sole purpose, giving the gods a fun time. As per usual, they had no opponents besides themselves, so they would make an opponent on occasion. Aldon was such an opponent.

Aldon was scared of them, because he knew they would harm the innocents, as all gods do when they want to meddle in fun games. They are sadistic, maniacal, and villainous, yet plenty of people, beasts, civilizations, and even undiscovered worship the many arrogant gods. Even the so called, 'good gods,' were only named so in their ideas of 'good.' Like helping a family out of drought, only to take a family member as recompense, but of course none of the worshippers knew this, and put it as a misfortune, totally unaffiliated with the gods.

The gray, autopilot disappeared, with Aldon's fist still being clenched. The world of Equus, and the country of Equestria, in the town of ponyville, returned to his view. All of it's vibrant colors, and diverse species, which all held intelligent, sophisticated life. He would keep it a secret until the time came, but hopefully it never would, as the hubris of gods meant sometimes they overestimated themselves.

"Aldon, are you alright?" Celestia asked as she noticed his clenched fist, which to Aldon, he had noticed as well. He quickly deflated it, and put on a smile.


"Yeah, just fine. I just had a little bit of a frozen moment." Celestia understood, the autopilot effect. It would indeed happen to her sometimes too.

She inwardly chuckled, "actually, it happens to me a lot. Always in damned day court when it comes to the needy nobles," she thought to herself.

"So, how close is the castle, by--the--wa..." Aldon saw it. An extremely odd structure. A tree, sprouting enormous crystals, all forming into an odd, yet elegant castle. It definitely reminded him of a skit in a newspaper, as it looked so cartoony, yet he simply ignored it, and also thought of when the last time he read a newspaper.

Luna giggled, "yes, it can usually give that to those who just gaze upon it."

"Shall we enter," Celestia asked, while Aldon simply nodded, while her sister still stifled a laugh.

On the other side, the six elements of harmony were assembled, discussing plans to hang and socialize, waiting for the main guest, and the two princesses. "He looks so stressed, perhaps we should bring him to the spa."

Everyone looked worried at that, "That might work, but what if he declines?"

"And why would he refuse?" Rarity asked.

"Well, first off, he seemed to be more of a hardened soldier, than a common civilian. That life might not suit him." Twilight's interjection sent everyone's heads low.

"Plus, all of the marks might scare off Lotus and Aloe."

"Well, personally I don't know why anypony would be scared, especially when the greatest flier of equestria is present." Everyone, but Pinkie sighed at Rainbow's words.

"I think we should throw him a party, with tons of cupcakes, and hats, and all of the ponies in town. A welcome to Equestria party for the resident, hoo-man." Pinkie paused, "wait does he like parties, or cupcakes, or sweets, or fun?"

Everyone giggled at Pinkie's antics. "Also, Pinkie, I think it's pronounced Hu-man." Twilight's words went on dull ears as Pinkie kept trying to figure out the solution to her problems. She was counting her hooves for solving real-life, logic problems.

"Perhaps ah could have im' work on the farm with me. Big Mac's been feelin' a little under the weather lately, and a helping hoof could always help." Applejack was directed with confused faces, until Applejack put on the 'what' face.

"I still say we should bring him to the spa. The poor dear is probably so sore after that fight." Rarity blushed, "But uh, would we use separate rooms?" Everyone, but Pinkie seemingly blushed at that, but Rarity was by far the most.

"Maybe a look--at the animals would serve to lighten his moods. Who doesn't like animals?" Everyone was shocked to hear Fluttershy say anything.

"Alright, I think we should do each of those, but first thing we need to do is figure out his situation." Everyone nodded at Twilight's statement.

A knock came at the door. Everyone tensed up, until a familiar voice came in, "Her royal highness Celestia, and her royal highness Luna are here." A purposeful cough came after, "and the ape." A loud clang was heard from the other side of the door as the guard had a small tear rolling down his face and an angry Luna in front of it. Aldon found it immeasurably amusing, while, when the door opened, everyone else was ashamed of the guard.

Everyone in the the immediate room of the castle bowed before the princesses, and Aldon noticed the others doing the same. He however would bow for no one; it's how he lives, and will be how he dies.

"Hey, bow before the princesses, you oaf." Aldon still stood, unyielding as all of the guards had sweat going down their backs, both mad at his refusal, but also to what the princesses will think.

"Please, you don't need to be formal. You've saved our nation plenty of times, and it should be I who bows." Lunan nodded as well.

"Yes, without the bearers, we would've perished long before, with the arrival of--" Luna coughed, "um well, please stand up. We dislike your formalities."

"Oh, well if ya' say it like that." Applejack, followed by all of the other mares stood, while the guards still bowed.

"Same with everypony else," Luna sighed, as the guards stood in attention.

"Sister, let us sit and discuss. There is much to talk about." Celestia nodded.

"Ah, over here your highnesses," Twilight held open two seats for them, in conjunction with a round table of chairs.

The guards shut the door, and stood at attention outside, while Aldon looked for a seat to sit. He found one next to Fluttershy and Rarity on either side of him.

"Alright, so what is this about anyway?" Aldon asked. Everyone looked at each other for confirmation, even the two diarchs.

"We would like to ask you a few questions regarding your coming here, and what you intend to do," Celestia asked.

Aldon rubbed his invisible beard, as he grunted, "alright, what would you like to know specifically?"

"I believe all of us would like to understand the circumstances of your arrival. We should start there." Aldon nodded at Luna's request, as everyone in the room seemingly leaned in to hear his tales.

"Well, for the sake of sparing you the nightmares you may have, I'll spare them more gruesome details. Alright, so have any of you heard of demons?"

Everyone nodded their heads, while Twilight spoke up, "Yes, we have a place called Tartarus where we banish the demons and heinous ponies and beings of destruction."

"Have you heard of vampires?" Aldon asked.

"Oh, you mean vamponies? I've read some stories on them, they're actually quite interesting." Everyone gawked at Rainbow Dash, "What? I can read and enjoy a good story."

"Alright, well essentially," He explained the phenomena leading up to his death. He left out the demon, and replaced it with his own consciousness, and also seemingly left out his group of friends, instead replacing it with a solo mission of revolution.

"So you were killed?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, although apparently I was sent here to ensure peace reigns, and to protect the innocent, or something like that. Although, to me this place seems like a quiet tranquil place, if not for the small crimes, fights, and verbal insults.

"Well, Equus has become a much more peaceful place since the Changelings were defeated and Tirek defeated." Luna paused, while having a light bulb pop up over her head, "Discord as well, with him being harmonized it's been very peaceful."

"Changelings? And who is Tirek and Discord?" Everypony seemed to look confused, until they realized Aldon had never seen, or been to this world prior, so he has never heard of any of them. Of course, it was still surprising.

"Well," Twilight began, with everyone getting ready for a *riveting* tale, to which she fumed at their reactions, "Changelings are bug-looking ponies, who live off of emotions. They usually forcefully took the emotions from ponies, and even kidnapped some for more feeding. Their queen, Chrysalis, is a terrible pony, who we luckily defeated when she invaded Canterlot." Aldon was about to ask, but Twilight cleared it over, "Canterlot is our capital, on the mountain."

"A city...on a mountain?"

"Yes, it's a rather beautiful sight, sadly the nobles and aristocrats make it their home. How lovely day court would be without them." Celestia seemingly daydreamed, with everyone seeming to feel bad, except aldon, who was still confused, but continued to listen till the end.

"Anyway, now Tirek, he was a mad centaur, who wanted to steal all of the magic from Equestria, well actually all of Equus." Twilight smirked as she saw Aldon dumbfounded, and utterly impressed.

"How did you defeat someone like that?"

"Well we are the elements of harmony, so we simply used them to take him down. Although, my fast flying and good distractions made it all come together," Rainbow Dash gloated.

"Yes, it was the closest to utter defeat, and death Equestria and all of Equus has ever faced. Even me and my sister were almost depleted and killed," Luna said.

"So, he was just able to steal magic from everything?"

"Yes, and he also stole it from the very planet itself, as it radiates magic. It's what gives us our strength. Without that, all ponies would die." Aldon pondered on it. So basically, they've faced almost god-like figures. And his suspicion was confirmed with the next figure: Discord.

"Discord is something called a draconequus, which is a mix of different species. It would be better to just take a look at him when you meet him, but just understand you'll know it when you see him." Aldon nodded, "moving on, so basically Discord tried to cause chaos, and suffering. He would pull ridiculous pranks, and even threaten pony lives. Luckily, we were able to harmonize him with the elements, and he is now bearable and kind. Of course, he still needs to use his chaos magic, but he usually only pulls small, manageable pranks now."

Fluttershy interjects, with a small, sheepish smile, "yes he even comes to have tea with me every so often. He's an odd fellow, but I kind of like his company." So, Aldon could relate Discord to a tamed god from his world, well by tamed meaning an actual good being of power.

"So, what about the Changelings?"

"Oh, well without their queen, they've been pretty idle. And as far as we know, Chrysalis is still in captivity in Canterlot." Celestia paused, "with that out of the way, we wish to ask you some very important questions. More concerning than your condition on getting here. That is, what exactly was that when we met you?"

Aldon sighed, "what happened just simply made me angry. I just hate it when innocent people--er well--ponies are hurt, especially by their own. It would happen so much on my world, but none of the times I ever saw it were the ones struck down my friends, or an ally of any sort."

"That's all well and good, but please explain what that power was. It wasn't normal, and it certainly wasn't the magic I know." Luna said this with a glare pointed at Aldon, "and while we apologize deeply for what had happened to you, what you did was something very dangerous, and we want to make sure you don't do it again. Luckily the blood loss had stopped you, but what if it happens again." Aldon acknowledged Luna's concerns, but just realized no one else besides the two diarchs had seen Aldon in that state. They all look confused.

Aldon turned to Fluttershy, with a sorry expression on his face, "Fluttershy, would you happen to have the gift I gave you?" Fluttershy nodded.

"Yes, it was so beautiful, I couldn't let my eyes gaze off of it. Here, it's in my bag," Fluttershy reached over her chair and picked out the permanent, harmless and magnificent fireball, which Aldon had gifted her.

Everyone was astounded by it's beauty, especially Rarity, who was drooling. "And it's harmless, and so beautiful, and I think I need one."

Aldon shook his head, "Fluttershy helped me in a bind, and that's why I gave it to her, but once I settle down some more, I'll be sure to give each and everyone of you a fireball as well, to remember me by." Aldon smiled.

"Can it be in party color?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie, that's not a color. Um--Aldon, what colors can you exactly put into a fireball anyway?"

"Well, depending on the magical pressure, any, although the darker the more magic it takes out of me. Black and white are also colors I can't due, do to their instability." Aldon continued on, while reaching for the fireball, promising to give it right back, "this is a dense object. It has properties, and mass. It is essentially mass-magic, or objectual magic. That's what happened, and that's why your spells didn't work, because you were hitting pure matter in magic form. Like hitting a rock, it contacted that, but because it's also magic, it cancels it out as well."

Luna and Celestia were right, it was an actual object, but retaining magic form. Perhaps the most powerful magic they've seen. Twilight was unsurprisingly taking notes, while everyone else was simply enamored with the blue orb of dense-holdable fire.

"Although, it is something that is only allowed to certain individuals. As it is more dangerous than any other type of usable magic." What Aldon didn't tell them though, was that only him and the main three gods were the ones to use it, and that's where they get their power from.However, Aldon could never use that type of magic without a emotion induced state taking over him. Without the extra power from it, the matter-magic would die out before he could even light a ball of flame in his palm. He could see slight nervousness taking over everyone, but Pinkie, who still wished for a party-colored ball of fire. Pink would have to do; "don't worry though, I can't usually use it. I--uh, can't exactly do that too often. It taxes my body so much, that it could literally drain my body of all it's magic."

"Please, even still, we wish you don't use that form of magic at all. It is something no one can seem to counter." Aldon nodded.

"Don't worry, plus I have this anyway; I couldn't do it if I tried." Aldon threw the irremovable necklace out and dangled it.

Rarity went out of her trance and looked, "is that a magic inhibitor?"

Celestia nodded, "yes, it was made specifically for other species, and is only allowed to be removed if I or Luna allows it. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but we ask if you can live with it. We'd not wish the ponies to get scared due to your special magical properties."

Aldon shook his head, "no it's fine. I can live just fine without it. Magic is just useful for those who don't want to work hard." He silently chuckled as he realized what he had just said, "well in my world at least. You gals aren't lazy or anything." Everyone went from a death glare to a happy stare. Luckily, his magic wasn't the only thing he had going for him. The blood running through his veins and the scars on his skin holding his memories allowed him to do anything. Magic was something he could live without. Although, that is if he wasn't fighting something that was using magic against him. Luckily he wouldn't or he would be in trouble.

"Oh yes, would you like to go to the spa tomorrow dear?" Rarity asked.

"What's a spa?" Everyone keeled over, and Aldon slightly rubbed his head, with a meek smile. "This is going to be an odd adventure to say for sure," Aldon said to himself.

Author's Note:

So, another chapter done. Hope you enjoy. Also yes, he doesn't know, but don't worry, after Rarity scolds him he'll never forget.

Tell me what you think, and if anyone wants to some sort of art for the story let me know, I'm always up for some nice pictures to add to the story.