• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 4,116 Views, 97 Comments

Flames of Equestria - Mick0339



Someone who through tragedy and fate is gifted and cursed with immense power. But with immense power, comes responsibility and price. He must cope with his dark past and unrelenting future. Will he be treated as a monster or friend?

  • ...
14
 97
 4,116

Chapter 24- Who is to say that evil is evil?

"You three will not stand anymore!" The demon shouted as he could feel his stomach slowly churn. He was quickly dying and disliked the scenario. "You preach about your little fancies of peace and prosperity, but all you want is more power!"

The three continued to gain more leverage on the beast over the burned fields of an apple harvest. "You want me gone so you can collect it all. Everything I have is all you want. To rule with absolute authority and divine power. I made a mistake granting you all a place above other mortals. That, I will rectify shortly."

The golden pegasus laughed maniacally, with the beating heart of the demon clutched in his hooves. "You're done. These ponies think of us as protectors, and as long as it needs to be, we will look as such. You on the other hand, well just look at you; you're a deformed monster."

The darkly coated mare walked up beside her brother in arms. She took the heart and with a devious smile began to crush it in her magical power. Her horn barely lit up before the monster, who dwarfed almost everything on the world they inhabited, was coughing up black blood. Its eyes turned from deep red to a light pink as his life was being drained. Everything had a weakness, and his was literally the heart he holds, or what his hunters held.

"The world will be rid of the scourge of Deum Exterminans. It's too bad I couldn't have a little more fun with that human before you are gone," she mentioned with a carelessness. Within a few seconds a crushed heart, losing its lively beat, was on the ground, while the monster was fading away. The heroes had vanquished the monster.


"So, you ask us for what exactly?" The quadruped in dark lighting, attaining a feminine raspy voice, asked slightly timidly.

"You will move all of them to Canterlot." The second female voice rang with authority standing in the way of the wind. "Don't spare a single minion in the attempt." The mare crashed and boomed her hoof on the table one last time, "and if you try to sneak by me, I'll find you!"

"Every single one!" The other quadruped objected, "are you crazy? There will be nothing left of them if they're wiped out. Nothing left of me and my species!"

The darkly coated Unicorn entered the light, with malicious eyes containing merciless daggers. "Do you think I care?" She asked as the other quadruped stared wide-eyed at the mysterious mare. The shocked stare lasted fro a few more seconds until it pestered the pony's nerves. "Now!" She screamed, howling her authority over the other occupant of the room. The other scampered away, changing her usual authoritative attitude into submissive in a split second.


"I'll take the grin right off your face." Aldon's body flexed its power, but Angelos' created body also flexed equal power. The two were seemingly even matched as the new arriving pony pushed with godly power. Celestia and Luna were impressed but were surprised to see that Equestrian shattering magic had not been thrown yet.

The citizens of Canterlot clamored for Angelos to vanquish the beast. The monster who would pillage and rape, or perhaps destroy and send them all to oblivion; they wanted the monster, who by all accounts was the seen as one to literally go to Tartarus where he belonged.

"Please, don't kill them!" Aldon screamed into his own mind. He screamed into the void he was stuck in to gain the demon's attention. Deum was currently debating actually wiping out the ponies where they stood. They were an annoyance, to say the least.

"Why do you care?" The demon asked this expecting no response in return. Aldon crunched his fist together and gave a small smile.

"I've found a home here. It may not be all good and sunshine as it may look, but I'd rather have a trashed home than no home at all." His hopeful voice gave hums to the god-destroyer.

"It's funny. I used to have a home as well human. I guess I shall spare them." Aldon lit up at the act of mercy, but truthfully, the god was sad. He wasn't always called Deum Exterminans- The Exterminator of Gods. He used to be called the bringer of light, the creator of happiness, the god who brought peace to the world, but then he made a crucial mistake. He gave power to those who didn't deserve it.

He did become a monster; he knew it, but he wasn't a monster because of the killing, slaughtering, or any other decision he's made, but just that one: giving power to those who clearly never deserved it. It was his sin, and his price was his home, his status, his everything. It was one of the reasons why he had to chose a hiding spot; as much as anyone would figure he wouldn't be scared, he was deathly afraid of true death.

There were two deaths for gods: physical death, and then existential death.

"Human." The god's face appeared in the void, showing itself to Aldon's form.

"Yes?" Aldon asked, still grateful, but calmer than before.

"You deserve to know." Aldon's face looked quizzical. "Why I'm here. Why you're facing this. You deserve to know the truth." Aldon was confused at where this was coming from, but within seconds, his world changed and he saw the beautiful serenity of his world, before war and death. There was a large being, draped in holy robes, light emanating from every spec and then there were hundreds of humans gathered.

"This was where my mistake began." Aldon slightly winced at the voice jumping out of nowhere but continued to listen. "I chose them all. I gave mortals powers. I gave them magic, and some the power of immortality and infinite authority. I had hoped they would use it properly. To bring peace and be protectors of prosperity." The humans accepted the gifts, and then Aldon saw different creatures beginning to accept the gift as well. Lizards, fish, the occasional hawk, the mighty dragon, they all accepted the gift with open arms. Hundreds of gods were appointed.

The images accelerated, with prosperity reigning supreme. Everything was working.

"They listened and they followed my instructions. But they only did so to gain my trust and to garner more power. Their hearts weren't pure, but they had masked it all without my knowing." Fake smiles appeared on their faces as the holy figure laughed at jokes, smiled at progress, and applauded for the work his gods did. It was all a show.

"My sin, was that I let it happen. I didn't try to stop it until there was no way to stop it." The images flash forwarded to battle scenes. The holy being was beaten, bruised and barely breathing. He held hands up to the gods facing him down. He was belittled; the landscape was full of death and destruction, with hundreds of the world's inhabitants dead. It was all his fault. The god known as Cosmos was gone, replaced by the newly dubbed God-exterminator. A creator of chaos and the king of evil.

He was attacked mercilessly, to the point of barely breathing. His hands fidgeted, but it was just a sign of true exhaustion. He was surrounded by his children. They had become a family to him by that point, but it was all just a facade. His body was deformed and black, scars and black skin covered everything. He was no god at that point.

The gods laughed at their 'father'. They never intended to be protectors of peace, they always wanted power. They wanted to rule with iron fists. They had inherited the arrogance of immortal beings; they were superior and everything and everyone were to bow down to them. Cosmosis was the only one who would stop them, so they would simply make him disappear.

"I'm truly sorry." Magical attacks lined up and as the last of his existence came about, he disappeared. Aldon saw himself next. It was a baby, being born into the family of three. A son, to which was both beautiful and strong. He was the closest by, and without knowing his body was taken as a vessel. The baby still held itself, but it served as a hiding place.

"I used your body as a recovery location. I gave you power to enhance you as a vessel." Then the images stopped. "They declared me as what I am now. A monster of evil, and a scourge to the world. They were revealed as true gods and powerful heroes to be worshiped. I was no longer viewed as such. I was no longer able to stop them. So I sat in your body and festered. My rage grew and anger heightened until I was the monster everyone feared and hated. It's funny, in the end, I will have become what I hate, just to defeat my enemies. The only way to atone for my sin was to become it." Aldon listened with sympathy.

"The only reason I chose you was because of your latent power and vicinity."

"What?" He asked, slightly seething in anger at that.

"You heard me, you were the closest and most viable option for a vessel. I am truly sorry for the life you've had to go through." The demon's callous attitude only made Aldon angrier. The way he shoved off Aldon's suffering as a game, a match to watch in the stands. He talks about suffering, but he doesn't know.

"Shut up," Aldon faintly said as he tried to contain his anger as to not release it on everyone around his physical body.

"I know you may be angry with me, but that gives you no right to disrespect..."

"I said shut up!" Aldon's eyes tinted red at this point as his teeth started releasing blood from the pressure exerted by the grinding. "I...need time to process this," he said, trying to calm his elevating state of rage. The fallen god didn't dare to speak a word. It's true Aldon was the closest by for his vessel, but it was no lie of the man's inept power and rage. Even without help, he would still have the power to kill a god entirely.

"Please understand, it is my mistake and I apologize for everything that's happened to you, but these gods, they won't stop until you're dead too. And they'll toy with you until you enact death upon yourself. You've held me for years, and with that, they suspect you're part of my existence. They do this because of lust to eliminate me. I ask you, as a god addressing an equal, please help me stop them." Aldon's fists clenched in fiery anger as the void seemingly heated up despite its characteristics of, well, a void.


Angelos' form laughed as they battled. Then he saw it. The eyes were no longer the gods. The demon has left control to the mortal.

"Fatal mistake Exterminator." He continued to push the demon back, having tiles crack under the pressure until he stopped and couldn't budge the monster. He was confused until he saw the eyes, they were bleeding, fire expelling from them and the temperatures slowly skyrocketed. Flames began to encompass the demon, and the magical pressure began to increase, making the princesses kneel down in agony almost.

"You did it all!" The metallic voice of the demon screamed. The princesses knew the feeling of the voice, though, it was Aldon, and he was no longer the happy man they could rely on. The demon gave a lightning quick swipe of the tail at Angelos sending him flying into a nearby building. The pony coughed up blood and slowly got to his feet wide-eyed. The power itself was taxing on him and he struggled to stay up. Then the demon, the man, slowly began approaching again. His steps echoed in the distance as earthwuakes and thunder. "You took it all! I lost everything!" He continued to howl in his metallic voice.

The ponies were hurting and confused by the words. Angelos knew it was the man now, but the power just didn't match. He still had to laugh as blood dripped from his mouth.

"You were only a pawn, a pawn in our game of chess mortal. You held the king, so we had to force him out of you, we never knew how resilient you were, though. A true testament to your..." then the demon began clutching the pony's throat in his demonic claws, sucking the life out of the pony through crushing force.

The demon's eyes slowly vectored into the squirming god's equivalent lenses, giving them a true piece of its suffering. The man's life was laid out in two oscillating and deathly objects. All of the ponies seemingly gasped as the demon was about to blast his final attack into the pony, indicated by the red creeping up his neck.

Then specks of darkness crept into position over the area and all eyes gazed up at the sky, Celestia and Luna going wide eyed at what was coming...again.

Author's Note:

Cliffhangers are so great, right? Hope you enjoy.

Comments ( 16 )

Yeah, you and all authors shall be cursed for doing that. So, pray tell me, how long will you take to finishing next chapter? Because I'll have to prepare myself for that.

7801021 Hmm, perhaps by next week.

... it's been 6 weeks is this abandoned? :fluttercry:

im confused that was all mixed up

I'm going to be stright forward with this. ITS BEEN A YEAR MAN!! COMON!

It's 1:00 in the morning and I just saw this story's image. welp, i'm not sleeping tonight.

Flutter hugs are best hugs

10969170
Why are you responding to a 5 year old comment?

Awwww man this story is dead.

10969333
That comment of mine you responded to was 5 years old

10969873
On mobile the comments have the date they were posted on, I'm pretty sure it's the same on desktop version, but I'm not at my pc right now, so I dunno.

10969882
It is at least I think

Login or register to comment