• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 498 Views, 14 Comments

Unbroken - ghast25gaming



Caleb, John, and Liz have an unusual friendship, to say the least. This friendship eventually leads them on an adventure they will never, ever forget.

  • ...
 14
 498

Chapter 3: Old Friends, New Changes

“Just keep running! We have to get to Princess Celestia!”
Rainbow Dash and Applejack were running as fast as they could, they had to get to the princess to stop these monsters from destroying Ponyville. If they stayed there any longer, they would be killed. Just then, three of the demon-like creatures landed in front of them.
“Well shit, I guess these guys don’t like us leaving.” Applejack said, only partially joking.
The creatures lunged forward, landing on Rainbow Dash and pinning her to the ground. As the creature started ground-pounding her, only to have his ribs completely shattered by Applejack’s buck. One down, two to go.
“Thanks AJ. I don’t think he’s getting up anytime soon, so let’s-Ungh!“ Rainbow Dash was interrupted by a hoof promptly hitting her square in the jaw. She stumbled for a minute, and braced for impact as that same creature came running towards her, ready to pounce. Applejack immediately intercepted and threw a hoof at the creature, who then dodged and started to fight Applejack head on.

“LOOK OUT!” Rainbow Dash yelled, proceeding to buck the 3rd creature in the face to prevent him from interfering. Applejack proceeded to drop the 2nd creature, and they started running again. They come across the train station, getting into the abandoned train. They had no idea how the train started, so Rainbow Dash went to work on figuring it out.

“Let’s see if I can work this baby!” Rainbow Dash said, trying to figure out how the train would start. She finds the switch and proceeds to drive the train to Canterlot. “This train is the quickest way to Canterlot aside from me flying. You can’t fly, so the train it is.” Rainbow Dash said, proud that she started the train without any former knowledge.

The train continued on, as Applejack looked out the window at the burning Ponyville. A wave of sadness came over her as she thought about family and friends, her neighbors, and her home. Her eyes started to tear up as she saw them taking everypony who hadn’t already escaped prisoner.

“They are taking everypony, mah family, mah friends, everypony” Applejack said, immediately breaking down and sobbing. She could have helped them there. She could have stayed and protected her family from these… creatures. Instead I chose to run, run and go get help like a little filly does when he scrapes his hoof! Applejack thought. She felt terrible, but now she could do nothing but watch. She could only watch as Ponyville, her home, burned until there was nothing left. She slams her hoof into the floor in anger. “AH COULD HAVE SAVED THEM!!! AH CHOSE TO BE A BLOODY COWARD!!!!” Applejack screamed, tears streaming from her face. Rainbow immediately came over and tried to comfort her. “Applejack, I know you think what we did is wrong, but if nobody ran, nobody would be able to tell Celestia about what happened. If we can get the princess to help us, she can lead a movement to free Ponyville. Free your family.”

Before Applejack could respond, the train started shaking, and the creatures started pounding on the windows to try to get in and capture them too. Rainbow Dash immediately took action and sped up the train in hopes of getting to Canterlot before they smashed the windows, but it was no use. The creatures broke in and started trying to take down the ponies inside.

Then everything went dark.


“AAAAhhh oh, it was another one of those nightmares” Caleb said, waking up with a jolt on the couch. This dream had continued until morning, so he didn’t have to worry about having to go back to sleep to one of those nightmares. That was a weird dream, weirder than the last, Caleb thought, his mind still reeling from the nightmare he had just woken up from.

Caleb’s sudden freakout had woken John up, who had fallen asleep on the recliner Liz owned. John was not too happy about Caleb waking him up. “What the hell Caleb? I was trying to sleep here!” John said, a hint of anger in his voice. “Granted it wasn’t the best dream I’ve had, but still!”

“Hey, it’s not my fault I had a freaky nightmare, I can't control if I bolt awake after one an-wait, when did you start growing your hair out?” Caleb asked, looking at John’s long hair.

“What do you mean? I never grew my hair out for anything in my life!” John said.

Just then Liz walked out of her bedroom, as their conversation had woken her up.

“What are you two arguing about this time? I doubt its anything worth the argume-wait, since when did both of you have long hair?” she asked, noticing the long hair.

“Since never! I never wore it out, nor do I remember taking a hair growth potion. Something is definitely wrong here, seeing as your hair is a bit longer than normal too” Caleb said, trying to make sense of the problem around him.

“It is?” Liz asked, putting her hands up to her hair. “Well then, we certainly do have a predicament on our hands.”

The three of them just stood there for a full minute, not making eye contact and staying silent. They had no idea on what was going on and what was happening to them, but they needed to stop it before one part of them changes that would affect the rest of their lives. John suddenly left the room in a panicked state. Before Caleb and Liz could ask questions, he was already in the bathroom.

Finally, Caleb broke the silence. “We need to know what is going on here, and hope people know what will happen at the end. I’ll check Google to see if anyone knows what is happening, or if anyone else is currently experiencing it.”

“Good idea, I’ll check on my iPad for anything as well. If I find something I’ll tell you” Liz said eager to find out what is happening. “You going to look with us John?” John had come back, but he sat unmoving and stared at both of them. “John, what’s wrong, and why are you wearing one of my beanies?” Liz asked John, miffed and worried about him. He didn't respond and continued standing there like a statue. "Jack, what's wrong?" Liz asked, this time more anger in her voice.

“You want to know what’s wrong? Put your hand up to your ears” John said, his gaze still locked on to their heads.

Caleb and Liz both put their hands up to their ears to see what he was talking about. “Why do you want us to put our hands to ou-wait WHERE ARE MY EARS?!?!?” Liz exclaimed, realizing her ears were completely gone. Caleb had come up with the same result, prompting another freakout.

“Now move your hands up about four inches” John said.

As they put their hands up to their heads, they felt something that had never been there before. At this realization, Liz emitted a scream that could be heard all the way from Pluto.

“Hey, Hey! Calm down, or someone will think a murder is taking place here or something” Caleb said, surprisingly calm about the discovery.

Liz was still in full panic mode. “HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN I HAVE FUCKING PONY EARS?????????” Liz screamed. She started to hyperventilate, which seemed to only fuel her freakout. John came over and tried to calm her down.

After what felt like forever, Liz finally stopped yelling, and they could talk this through.

“First the cutie marks, then the hair, and now this? I hate to say it guys, but I think we are turning into ponies from the show” Liz said with both defeat and excitement in her voice.

“It sure seems we are turning into ponies, but ones from the show? That seems a bit far- fetched, as we all have an OC of our own. If anything we should be turning into them first!” Caleb said, utterly confused at the situation.

“Don’t you remember? We have cutie marks from Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy on our flanks! Doesn’t that mean anything to you in terms of ‘not turning into a character from the show’?” John said.

“True, that does play a big factor in that argument.” Liz said. Just then she realized she needed to restock the food supply, like she does every week. Realizing how fast these changes were occurring, she feared the worst when out in public. “Guys, any food you have at your house, drive over there and bring it here. We might need to go into hiding if our transformation completes, which means stocking up on food. If you put on a hoodie or beanie you could hide the ears, so you don’t have to worry about people seeing them. Seeing as my house is the biggest between the three of us, we will stay here” Liz stated.

“Ok, I’ll go get some food and come right back. Like you said, if we need to go into hiding, we need to stockpile food” John said.

With that, Caleb and John left for their houses. While they were out, Liz remembered something that she forgot to do yesterday. "Aw shit, I gotta call Jack and wish him happy birthday" Liz thought aloud as she dialed his number. Jack Shimada was Liz's best friend from kindergarten all the way through senior year. Along with a couple other kids he knew, Jack moved from Chicago to San Francisco when he finished preschool. Liz and Jack met at their school and quickly became friends, mainly because their parents realized they had the same birthday and pretty much forced them to be friends. They parted ways however, after Liz decided to go to college. This did not stop their friendship, however, as they still get in touch every week over Skype and Team Fortress 2. Jack is also a huge fan of My Little Pony, so they always had something to relate to other than the popular video games and clubs. His birthday was also on the same day as Liz, Caleb, and John, but they never really talked that much with him. He answered after the 4th ring

“Hey Liz, I can’t really talk right now. Something very strange has come up and you would freak out if you saw me” Jack said, a tone of panic in his voice.

“I was just calling to say happy birthday and, wait, are you alright? You sound scared of something” Liz asked, noticing his panic.

“Happy birthday to you too Liz. Look, I really have to go ok? This is starting to stress me out If I’m not alone and trying to think about this” Jack said, his obvious panic making him very nervous.

Liz seemed confused, as Jack is almost never stressed out about anything. Even in the tightest of situations, Jack always kept his cool. She started to press him for information.

"Jack, what's wrong? You usually aren't stresses out about anything unless your parents are involved. Are they coming over to your house or something?" Liz asked, a tone of worry in her voice.

"It's not my parents, it's something else. Something else that I really need to take care of before I fully chan-!" Jack catches his mistake in words, but not before Liz gets suspicious.

"What do you mean, 'fully change'?" Liz asks, her worry slowly turning into a mix of hope and anger.

Jack panicked, realizing she was on to him. "Uh, well ya see, uh... Look, I really have to go ok?" Jack said, panicking that she might discover his secret.

After this, Liz thought of something. Her, Caleb, John, and Jack all had the same birthday, And 3 out of 4 of them are turning into ponies...

She went for broke and asked the question. “What color are your pony ears Jack?” Liz asked in a stately tone.

Jack stood there, shocked at the question she just asked. After 10 seconds of silence, he finally answers. “White.”

That confirmed it for Liz. “Come over to my house immediately. Put on a beanie or hoodie to hide your ears.”

“I’ll leave in a couple minutes. How on Earth did you know?” Jack asked, a sense of worry in his voice.

“I’ll explain everything when you get here, just move quickly!” Liz said, hanging up the phone. She at least had one question solved.


They weren’t the only ones out there.

Author's Note:

Welp, this was a weird chapter to write. It's hard to try and make up a story where people gradually change into ponies, especially the transformation process. It took me a day or two just to write the part after the dream :derpytongue2:

Edit: I changed some parts of the call with Jack, and i added some more setting and dialogue to the dream. Hope it's better than what it was.

Anyone notice the references yet? anyone?

Thanks to Hoolle for picking out everything wrong with this chapter!

As always, FEED ME YOUR FEEDBACK!!!!

Comments ( 11 )

I LOVE THE STORY!
I don't get any references, sorry...

This is amazing please continue this I would love to continue reading.

Chapter was

Jack Shimada

Shimada

Hanzo shimada
Genji shimada
Very honourable

7370485 with every death, comes honour. With honour, redemption.

7370885 I feel like you would find this funny

7371971 yo wtf when is the next chapter

Comment posted by ghast25gaming deleted Aug 4th, 2016

7450810 hopefully soon. ive been very busy (distracted) with my responsibilities (Overwatch) and dont have a lot of time on my hands (because procrastination is a thing)

7451392 u and me will get along so much!!.....

Login or register to comment