• Published 29th May 2016
  • 3,584 Views, 44 Comments

Ponies in a Half-Shell - MetalJrock



The TMNT find themselves in Equestria, where they must stop the Shredder.

  • ...
5
 44
 3,584

How We Got Here

Leonardo sliced through some Foot soldiers, slipping onto the railing as he did. Donnie used his x-ray binoculars to do some recon on the building. Raph and Mikey stood behind him, watching for any reinforcments. "Okay, Leo. It's all clear. The crystal is not that far in or heavily guarded." he noted, pulling the binoculars from his eyes, "So, this should be an easy task. At the worst, all I've detected are Foot bots in there."

Leo gave his brother a thumbs up. "Thanks, Donnie. I wonder why Shredder would go out of his way to steal a crystal from the museum and not have it guarded like everything else he needs..."

"Maybe Bebop and Rocksteady got bored?" Michaelangelo suggested.

"As much as I hate to admit it... He's got a point. Those two goons are as dumb as bricks," Raphael pointed out. "They probably went to find some food. Or left the room and just flat out forgot what they were even doing. How are two idiots even alive working for Shredder?" he wondered.

"That may be true, but ol' Chrome Dome might've left us a trap inside just in case those morons weren't there." Leo said.

"Well, how about we go in and see for ourselves?" Raphael asked with a smirk, cracking his knuckles while doing so.


The four turtles hid behind the walls of the building, making sure they weren't seen or noticed by the robots, the mutant goons, or Shredder himself. Leo pointed forward, allowing the other three to follow. The leader crawled to another wall, slicing another robot's head quietly with his katanas. Another Foot bot was coming from behind prompting the others to hide and attack from the shadows. With Donnie whacking the robot's head with his staff, the last of the security in the room was gone.

Once the robot was destroyed the four snuck into the room where the crystal was held. Crouching, Donatello used a scanner he created to detect for any traps. Much to the genius's surprise, there was none. Once he told the others, Leonardo grabbed the artifact and they all ran out back to their lair.

Mikey mumbled something about this being too easy.


"Why did Shredder want this so bad, Donnie?" Leo asked while leaning on the table. The ninjas had arrived back to their sewer lair where Donatello attempted to figure why this gem was so important. Master Splinter watched as well, curious as to what his old nemesis was planning.

Donatello picked up the crystal and pointed at it, "From my readings, this crystal has tons of temporal energy. It could possibly be used to travel across dimensions." he revealed, placing it back on the table.

"Why would Shredder want something like that?" Leonardo asked.

"Of course it's obvious. He wants to go back to Dimension X and free the Krang and use the Technodrome." Raph realized.

Splinter closed his eyes in thought for a moment, taking in the information with the rest of his sons. Shredder was never one to hold back especially in the cases where he unleashed th Tecnodrome with the aid of Krang in Dimension X.

"We will all go back to the museum and put the crystal back where it came from." he ordered.

"Wait... We?" Mikey asked.

The rat nodded. "Yes. In case Shredder has become aware of this crystal being missing, I shall come with you to face him. You cannot face him alone this time. Too much is at stake."

The young ninjas paused, their master had decided to join them to face the man who has sworn vengeance against him. Splinter joining them was a rare instance, but he knew when the time was right. But they agreed realizing that Shredder may not be holding back.

"Alright, Sensei. Let's go."


The five quietly jumped from the top window of the museum onto the tiled floor below. The ninjas rolled, hoping to remain in the shadows. Splinter looked ahead to see the exhibit Shredder stole the crystal from," Over there." he pointed, Leonardo nodded and slowly inched his way over. But before he could place the gem back, something hit him.

"You dare ruin my plans, turtles?" a deep voice asked as Leo fell and dropped the crystal.

The rat scowled upon hearing it, knowing who it was, "Oroku Saki."

Shredder appeared with a large army of Foot bots standing behind him. "My old foe, Hamato Yoshi. It has been a while." he introduced, though none was needed for the enemies.

"You know not of what you are planning!" Splinter yelled. Saki merely laughed, "Of course I do, rodent. This crystal contains the power I need to enter Dimension X. You and your pathetic excuses of students cannot hope to stop me this time. Once they arrive, this world will bow to me."

Splinter lunged at Shredder, who blocked the chop with the spikes protruding from his gauntlet, using this, Saki flipped Yoshi over his shoulder. Splinter got up and attack once more, kicking Shredder in the gut. The man retaliated with a right hook to the rat's face, prompting him to stick out his hand and jab.

Meanwhile, Leonardo used his katanas to block the sword swipe a robot attempted, he shoved forward, disorienting the robot long enough for him to stab through it. Michaelangelo flipped over another soldier, using his nunchucks to grab its throat before yanking the head off. "It's a good thing these are all robots!" he spoke.

Raphael sliced through the soldiers with ease with his sai. "These bots are chumps." he taunted. Donatello used his bo staff to whack one's chest before spinning around once more and whacking its arm. "I agree with that sentiment, Raph. He should really get an upgrade. These are outdated models."

Raph rolled his eyes, "Forget I said anything..."

Splinter kicked Shredder in the gut, the rat jumped into the air and hit the helmet with both of his hands. Shredder managed to grab Splinter as he knelt before slamming his head onto the ground next to the crystal, which began to glow a white aura.

The ninjas took notice of this as the gem began to shake. "Uh, Donnie? Is it supposed to do that?!" Raph asked.

"I don't think so!" and with that, the turtles, Splinter, Shredder and the robots vanished. The room was silent, as though a battle was not just going on there.


"When we awoke we found ourselves in a field not too faraway from one of your villages, where we discovered your kind. Realizing that you may not like our methods or our uncanny appearance, we remained in the shadows."

Splinter had just finished telling the ponies the story of how he, his sons, and Shredder ended up in Equestria. They remained quiet the whole time, until Twilight broke the silence. "So, you're all from another world? Are there more like you?"

Donnie spoke up. "No. We're actually mutants. We used to be regular turtles until we fell into a puddle of mutagen..."

"Since I was the one who last touched them they were given human-like traits." Splinter added.

"But you're a rat!" Rainbow said.

"I was once a human, but I too was touching the mutagen, a rat touched me while I wasn't looking so I became the very person you're all looking at now. It is very fortunate that I retained my humanity."

"That is true," Applejack agreed. "I don't wanna think about if ya weren't in control."

Rarity flinched when thinking about a feral Splinter, though admittedly, the brothers had seen it once when Shredder held Splinter captive. They did not want those thoughts coming back and had hoped to change the subject.

"Anyway. We're hoping to stay here until we find Shredder and go home. We you have our word that we will not harm you." Leo reassured to the ponies.

Twilight answered almost immediately. "Alright. The five of you can stay in the castle. I'll write a letter to Princess Luna to tell her what's going on and warn Princess Celestia."

Meanwhile, outside the window, a dark force watched, 'Hmm... The ponies have gained a new ally. These turtles could prove a detriment in my plan against the ponies. I must find the one they speak of. The one they call Shredder.' the astral being said, beginning his search for the ninja master.