• Published 29th May 2016
  • 3,583 Views, 44 Comments

Ponies in a Half-Shell - MetalJrock



The TMNT find themselves in Equestria, where they must stop the Shredder.

  • ...
5
 44
 3,583

The Dark King

The ponies, Spike, the turtles and Master Splinter sat close together within the Friendship Express, Leonardo tried to take a peek at the book Donatello was reading, "What's the problem, Donnie? You mentioned that you knew where Shredder was going to be?" he asked his brother. Donatello nodded.

"Yeah, he's going to the Crystal Empire." he revealed.

"How can you be sure of that?" Rarity wondered,

Donatello opened the book up to the page he wanted to show everyone. "The Crystal Empire has a mine once controlled by King Sombra. Underneath the kingdom is a large supply of Warp Crystals. We have to get there before Shredder either gets there first, or becomes aware of it at all." he explained to everyone sittinf near him.

"How would he even know about this?" Twilight asked, "He's the only one going after you right? Who could possibly be able to tell him about the secret mines?"

"Shredder is a crafty one. He could've been aware of it the whole time threw us in a loop. We can't be too careful around him, believe me. He's always one step ahead." Leonardo said.

"So, I get what you're thinkin', Donnie." Mikey snapped his fingers, "We find the crystals first, find Shred Head and take us all home before he could do any more damage to Equestria."

"Exactly, Mikey."

"Yeah, great. But how do ya expect the rulers of this 'Crystal Empire' to just let us go into this secret mine that has only been put into history textbooks recently?" Raph questioned.

Twilight pointed at the book, "This is actually a very rare copy of the Crystal Empire Historia, made during the reign of King Sombra. I'm the only pony who owns one."

"How the shell did ya manage that?"

"My brother and foalsitter are the rulers of the land." Twilight revealed to the turtles nonchalantly. "They trusted me with this should something like this occur, though they probably weren't expecting mutant turtles to fight evil ninjas." she said.

Mikey looked at the alicorn with still, blinking eyes, "Do you have connections everywhere, Twilight!?" he shouted in pure disbelief. How did Twilight know so many important ponies in this world?

"Um... I don't think so?" answered Twilight in an unsure.

"Heh. As if she has amazing connections to the Wonderbolts like yours truly!" Rainbow boasted, a smirk forming on her face.

Donatello looked at her with a furrowing an eye ridge, "Wonderbolts?"

Dash scoffed, "Yeah, the Wonderbolts! The coolest flyers in all of Equestria? I never told any of you about them?" the four turtles shook their heads as a response.

"We were too busy focused on the Shredder and training to listen." Applejack replied jokingly, making the pegasus pout as a response to the quip.

"Right..." Leo said, ignoring the conversation. He peeked out his side of the window, only seeing snow blow right past the train at near breakneck speeds. He moved his head up a little and spotted a dome around a shining town.

"Woah, dudes. Is that the Crystal Empire?" Michaelangelo wondered, also seeing outside Leo's window.

"Yeah, it is. Amazing isn't it?" Rarity answered.

"Heck, yeah!" Mikey admitted.

Spike nodded, "Heh. You haven't seen anything yet!" he told the turtles in a bragging manner.

"Yeah, what could possibly be cooler than a kingdom made of crystal?" Donatello asked.


"You have a statue, Spike!?"

Mikey grabbed his head with both of his hands, clearly confused. A giant statue of Spike stood in the middle of the kingdom, where he held a giant heart in his hand. The five looked at it, wondering how he was honered to begin with.

"Yep! I saved the Crystal Empire twice!"

"From what?" Raph questioned.

"An evil dictator trapped within the ice beyond the barrier escaped, and Spike restored the kingdom to its former glory, stopping Sombra. Then he saved the Equestria Games after an accident nearly harmed everypony attending." Twilight briefly answered.

"Yeah! That's exactly it!" cheered Spike, giving Michaelangelo a well-deserved high five, well deserved in the turtle's eyes.

"Enough of this, we gotta meet the rulers of this place." Leo reminded everypony, changing the subject at hand. He took one more glance at the crystal statue, still confused.

"Right. My brother and Princess Cadence are in that palace over there." Twilight pointed with her hoof, a large crystal palace that towered over the entire kingdom. The turtles stared at it in wonder.

"Woah. That's bigger than your castle." Mikey observed, noticing the size difference.

"Heck yeah, it is," Raph agreed. "How many castles and princesses are there in this world?"

"Four." Donnie answered, "I've done my research." he bragged with a knowing grin before any of his brothers or Splinter could question how he has such knowledge. Granted, at this point for them it was to be expected of him.

"Jeez. What do they all do?" Raph asked, "Seems kinda like overkill havin' four winged unicorns ruling a different part of this world, country, whatever this is."


"Twiley!" a white unicorn with a blue mane and a shield for a cutie mark ran to hug the purple alicorn.

"Hi, BBBFF." Twilight greeted.

"Uh, BBBFF?" Mikey questioned.

"Big Brother Best Friend Forever." the mare answered.

Raph shrugged, "Alright. A little cheesy, but um... Okay."

"Where's Cadence?" Spike wondered.

"Over by the throne room, so you're not gonna introduce me to your new friends Celestia mentioned?" the stallion teased.

"Oh right! Shining Armor, meet Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michaelangelo, and Splinter, they're all ninjas from another world. We came here because..." Twilight started to say before being cut off by a loud crashing sound. The sound of crystal shattering was not left unoticed by everyone near by the door.

"Haha!" a deep voice growled. "Took forever to find this!"

"OH NO!"

"CADENCE!" Shining Armor screamed, galloping to the throne room. The six ponies, dragon, and the Hamato Clan made a quick sprint to the throne room trailing behind the very concerned unicron prince.

Shining Armor slid to a halt once he saw who was sitting on top of the throne. A black unicorn smirked seemingly placing his horn back on his head, sitting down, with an army of robot ninjas surrounding him. Cadence gritted her teeth, ready to fight back against the dictator. But Shredder had an army to make sure that no one can hurt the unicorn.

"Sombra!" Twilight hissed.

Sombra looked down at the group of ponies, now with his horn back on his head, "Well... If it isn't the former Elements of Harmony. And the so-called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. What a pleasure it is to meet and reunite."

"Remember our deal, Sombra." Shredder reminded the unicorn.

Groaning, Sombra replied, "Yes, Shredder, I remember."

After teleporting to the ground, Sombra shot a beam of dark magic at the six ponies, who did their best to cover. Rainbow Dash grabbed Fluttershy and pushed her out of the way of the blast, nearly taking the blunt of the attack, that is until Twilight covered her with a protective dome.

Sombra felt metal suddently hit his flesh. Turning, he saw that Raphael managed to whack him while distracted. "So, you think you can harm me and get away with it?"

"Yeah! I an't gonna let you or Shredder harm anyone!" Raph delcared flipping back to avoid another beam of dark magic. Leonardo used his katanas to block another shot with success. Shredder then jumped into the battle, ready to face Splinter.

The rat grabbed Saki's arm, the blades of the gauntlets aimed right at his eyes. Splinter spun Shredder around slightly, stunning him long enough to jump in the air and kick him with his right foot, ending him in the direction of Michaelangelo.

"Here's one for the road, Donnie!" Mikey shouted, hitting Shredder with the blunt of his nunchucks.

A Foot soldier nearly got to blindside the genius, but the turtle turned around in time to destroy the robot. Once Shredder came into sight, Donatello punched him in the jaw.

"Damn you!" Shredder growled, grabbing Mikey and tossing him into a crystal wall. The turtle felt the force of each diamond shatter by the force of his throw. He felt some shards dig into him a little, feeling a little sore in his arms and legs.

"MIKEY!" his brothers shouted.

Raph twirled his sai in his hands, "Oh no ya don't Shredder!" he shouted, lunging at their arch-nemesis. But as he leaped, he realized that he had stopped in middair. He tried to move, but to no avail. Shredder laughed at the turtle's predicament. "What the shell!?" he questioned aloud, glaring at Shredder once again.

"Ah ah ah, Raphael," Sombra scolded. "You can't just go and ruin this big plan just yet. No... We have something big planned for you." the unicorn hissed.

Meanwhile, Twilight tried to counter the spell, but each time she did she felt weaker. "He... Did something... To my magic..." she panted, wrappin her hooves around her friends after collapsing from overdoing her magic at once.

Sombra's horn began to glow a dark red and he once more transformed into his orb form. He hovered into Raphael's head, the turtle's eyes widening as he felt his mind be wiped. The spell faded, causing the turtle to fall in his spot.

His brothers walked slowly to him, "Raph? Are you okay?" Leonardo questioned, placing a hand on Raphael's shoulder. The turtle shook his head before smacking Leo's hand off of him.

"Don't touch me!"

Donatello raised a brow, "Uh, Raph? Are you feeling alright?"

Raphael smirked, "Yes... This body is perfect."

"Oh no..." Twilight whispered.

Holding his sai tightly, Raphael got to his feet, punching Leonardo rifht in the jaw. "Yes... Just as I anticipated..."

"What's gotten into you, bro?!" Mikey inquired.

"Bro? Heh, I'm not your bro anymore, Michaelangelo. I am your master..." Raphael replied, breaking apart a statue wearing knight armor. He placed a helmet over his head and armor over his body minus the shell which remained exposed.

"I am King Sombra, The Nightwatcher!"