• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,043 Views, 104 Comments

Breeze of Love - HeartBeat



Swift Breeze is a pegasus pony who's life is pretty good. Can a certain mare make it any better?

  • ...
4
 104
 3,043

Chapter 8: Heath's Warming Eve

Chapter 8: Hearth's Warming


I opened my eyes and saw that Rainbow was asleep. I snuck out of the bed an moved down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I made some pancakes and eggs and placed them on a plate. I brought the plate up to Rainbow who I woke with a small shake on the shoulder.

"Nnnn... What is this, Breeze?" She asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Breakfast in bed. Happy Hearth's Warming Eve, Dashie." I said, setting the plate on her lap.

"Thank you so much, Breeze." She said taking a bite of the maple covered pancakes. A smile grew on her face as she took another bite. I grabbed an apple from downstairs and brought it back up to my room. Sitting on the bed next to Rainbow, I took a bite of the apple. Rainbow looked over to me and I looked down to her plate. The plate was empty and she had some syrup on her mouth. I took the empty plate and licked the syrup from her lip. She slipped her tongue out and they met. We began to kiss and I got on top of her. I thought to myself that maybe an early present wasn't so bad.

After we finished, I looked into her eyes and we kissed again. I picked up the empty plate again to finally bring it to the sink. I placed the plate down in the sink and went back upstairs to Rainbow. She was fixing her mane in the mirror and I did the same. With a few swipes of a brush, my mane was slicked back again, and Dash had her usual punk-styled, rainbow mane again. We trotted downstairs and sat down on the couch. We talked about how we spent Hearth's Warming with our family. Rainbow would go to Cloudsdale and I would go to Canterlot to meet our parents, but we decided that we would rather be with each other. I grabbed my gift and held it out to Dash.

"Breeze, you didn't have to get me anything." She said slowly reaching out to the box. She unwrapped the gift and looked at the dark purple box. As she opened the box, she gasped.

"Awesome! It my cutie-mark! Thank you so much, Breeze! I love you." She said hugging me. I helped her put on the necklace and she looked down at it as it hung from her neck. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Wait here, I'll get my gift. She sprung off the couch and opened the door.

I watched her from the window as she flew up into the sky. A few minutes later she came back and I opened the door for her. She held out a large box and I lifted it from her hooves. I looked down at the tag and read: "To: Breeze, Love Rainbow Dash" I unwrapped the box and opened it. Inside was black case that had two clips on each end. I unhooked them and opened it up. Inside was a dark blue and white guitar. I held it in my hooves and watched the paint shine in the light.

"Dash... Thank you so much! I promise I'll play for you one day. I haven't even touched a guitar since I moved out of my parents house." I said placing the guitar back in it's case. I leaned in and kissed Dash. She pulled back and broke the kiss.

"I've got another gift for you, but it needs to wait until tomorrow." She whispered.

"I can't wait." I said back.

We decided to make a cake together to have for desert. Rainbow wasn't much of a baker, but I taught her some of the basics. She opened the flour with her mouth. Big mistake. She took a small inhale and began to sniffle. I looked over to her and she sneezed. The flour covered the room and our faces. We opened our eyes and starred at each other for a second. I began to chuckle and Dash bursted out in laughter. The flour made Dash look like a rainbow covered ghost. But, since my coat is white, it didn't have much of an effect on me. We cleaned our mess and I opened the flour this time. I added some eggs and water. Dash grabbed the sugar and vegetable oil and poured some in. The batter was almost done and Rainbow wanted a taste of the chocolate mix. I took a spoon and dabbed a little on her muzzle. Rainbow stuck her tongue out and tried to lick it off herself. I watched her attempt lick it off and I thought it was the most adorable sight. She gave me a small smile and kissed me on the top of the muzzle. She turned back to the mix and poured it into a pan. I turned the oven on and placed the pan on the rack inside. Dash and I heard a knock at the door and we went to go and see who it was. I opened the door to see three little fillies wearing hats and scarves.

"Crusaders Caroling Crew!" shouted Scootaloo. She was with her two friends Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. I looked towards a big red pony who was pulling a cart that seemed to be hauling a keyboard and a small guitar.

"Oh, boy. Scoots.... What are you doing now?" Asked Rainbow Dash with a smile.

"Were trying to get our cutie marks by caroling! Can we sing for you and Dash, Breeze?" the little filly asked.

I looked over to Rainbow and she shrugged. I smiled and looked back to them and nodded.

"Let's hear it!" I said leaning in the door-way.

Scootaloo grabbed the guitar and threw the strap around her neck. Applebloom grabbed the keyboard from the cart. Sweetie Belle didn't have an instrument but she began to read over a piece of paper that probably had lyrics written on them.

"Okay, girls! Let's get these marks!" Scootaloo shouted.

Scootaloo began to strum the guitar at a slow pace and filled the outdoors with a beautiful song. Applebloom tapped keys on the piano and seemed to be in harmony with the guitar. Sweetie Belle took a deep breath and began to sing.

The snow's comin' down.
I'm watching it fall.
Watching the ponies around.
Baby, please come home...

The church bells in town,
They're ringing this song.
What a happy sound.
Baby, please come home..

.

My ears shot up as I heard the most beautiful singing voice. She swayed with the music and held her eyes closed. Her voice sounded like a heavenly opera. They finished their song shortly after and Sweetie Belle jumped and down to cheer for her own performance. But as for Scootaloo and Applebloom, they starred at her. Their jaws were left agape.

"What is it?" Sweetie Belle asked her friends.

Rainbow tapped my shoulder and pointed her hoof to Sweetie Belle's flank. There was a pink and purple note where her blank spot used to be. Scootaloo slowly raised her shaking hoof to Sweetie Belle too. Sweetie turned around and saw her mark and her eyes went wide in shock.

"Oh boy..." Dash said holding her hooves to he ears. I looked at her confused than a loud shriek came from Sweetie Belle. I clenched my ears shut and waited for the brigade of screams to stop. Scootaloo ran up to Sweetie and began to congratulate her. But I looked a Applebloom, she was sitting behind her keyboard, and crying.

"Wow this is great!" shouted Scootaloo. "Don't ya think so, Applebloom." scootaloo turned to her friend and saw her looking down towards the snow, still sitting there.

"Whats the matter Applebloom?" asked Sweetie Belle walking over to her friend.

"Well, I'm upset. Because now that you have your cutie-mark, you don't need to hang out with us anymore." Applebloom said sniffling and letting a tear out.

"Are you crazy! I'm a crusader forever! And you two haven't gotten yours yet. If you girls are still blank-flanks, than I am too." Sweetie Belle said pulling her friend into a hug.

The three got into a group hug and Rainbow and I closed the door. We turned to the kitchen to check the cake. It was done, so we pulled it out and grabbed the frosting. Dash and I made quite the mess to make it decent looking.

"I think it looks pretty good!" I said whipping the frosting off my hooves.

"Wait! I got an idea." She said grabbing the colored frosting. Rainbow made a cloud design on the top of the cake. Under the cloud was a rainbow-colored lightning bolt.

"There!" She said looking at her masterpiece.

"Now it's the most beautiful cake ever." I said and kissing her cheek.

"Aww, shut up, Breeze." She said playfully and blushing.

Another knock on the door echoed through the house. Rainbow and i crawled off the couch and fixed our manes. I opened the door and saw Rarity and Aerohead at the door.

"Hey what's going on! I haven't spoke to you in a while!" I said holding out a hoof.

"It has been a while. Rarity and I are heading to a party. Rarity wanted to invite Rainbow Dash. Is she home?" He said, grabbing my hoof and shaking it.

"Hey Rarity!" said Rainbow jumping from behind the door.

"Darling, Pinkie Pie is throwing a party and you're invited. Would you like to come?" Rarity said to her.

"I'd love to, can Breeze come along?" Rainbow asked putting a hoof around me.

"Well, I assume he won't be any trouble. Come on darling!" Rarity said beginning to walk to Sugar cube corner. I went back inside the house and decided to bring the cake along with us, to share with the other ponies.

Rainbow and I followed them to the highly decorated bakery. We stepped inside and Dash went to go and talk to her friends. Aerohead and I walked to a group of other stallions and talked about who is the fastest and bravest. No one wanted to believe that Dash held those titles, but I let it slide. There was no reason to fight on a holiday. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, the girls would like to talk to you." Rainbow said from behind me. I followed her back to her group of friends and sat on the couch next to Dash.

"We feel terribly sorry that we tried to break you apart." said Twilight.

"It's okay. No hard feelings." I said looking at the other five.

"Well, its a party. How about a drink Breeze?" Rarity said pouring a drink into a glass.

"Sure!" I said grabbing the glass out of her hoof.

A few moments of talking to each other, a light green pony stumbled over to our group.

"Hey Dash!" Said the green pony.

"Oh hey, Leafpool." Rainbow said to her.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Leafpool asked Dash.

"Yeah this is Breeze." Rainbow said blushing.

"Soooo, I hear you're going to abort the little foal." She said wrapping a hoof around my shoulder.

I spit my drink back into the glass and looked at Rainbow. She had fear and shock on her face. Her friends held the same expression. Suddenly Dash's face contorted.

"Dash... Your preg-" one of her friends muttered before getting interrupted.

"Yes! And apparently you knew!" she shouted looking at me.

"Dash I had-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your excuses!" She shouting letting her drink hit the floor and shattered.

"Dashie, I-"

"Don't 'Dashie' me! Just get away from me you bastard!" She yelled sprinting out the door.

"What the hell was that!" I yelled at the Leafpool.

"I overheard you and your friends talking about aborting a baby." she said in fear.

"We were talking about somepony else's foal! Not mine! I never even knew!" I said slamming a hoof on the table. "I got to find her!" I sprinted towards the door and saw Rainbow crying and slowly walking down the street.

"Dashie, wait!" I shouted. She turned around and flew up to the sky. I chased after her and she flew into her house.

"Dash, please hear me out!" I shouted and knocking on the door.

"Get the hell away from here you freak!" She shouted from inside.

"Dashie... I never knew you were pregnant! Why didn't you tell me sooner!" I begged from her porch.

"Because it was meant to be a surprise! But now all I hear is that you want to abort any filly I have!" She yelled back and sniffing.

"Dash... Please I had no idea. I would never have a baby aborted. Please understand this." I said lowering my voice and collapsing on the porch.

"How can I believe you?" She said. I heard that she was closer now, she was leaning against the door now.

"You would open this door and hear me out. Or I'll stay out here all night and die in the cold for you." I said sitting up.

The door slowly opened and I saw her eyes were scorched red from crying. I never wanted to see her like this. I faced my head to the floor and took a deep breath.

"When I was 10 years old. My mother was pregnant with my baby brother. My parents didn't want anymore kids because they said it was too much trouble. Right before my eyes, my baby brother was aborted. I stood in the waiting room and cried. He was so close to being in this world, but his life was taken. I didn't talk to my parents for a month because of that. I could never go through that again. So please Dash understand that." I stopped and took a few more breaths before getting up

"I know you hate me right now. And I'll leave you be. I just wanted to let you know, before I left." I explained the saddest part of my whole life to her. I kept my head down and watched the tears roll off and hit the snow below me. I turned away from Dash and held my head low. I spread my wings and before I flew back to my house, I felt Dash grab my shoulder and pull me back. I turned and saw her eyes glisten with tears. I whipped her face of the tears and smiled. She wrapped her hooves around me and pulled me in for a kiss. We pulled away and rested our heads on each other's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, Breeze." She apologized.

"Don't be. It was just a misunderstanding, and everything is fine now." I said brushing her mane away from her eye.

"Would you like to come in?" She asked setting her hooves back down.

"Thanks, Dash. I would like that." I said following her into her house. We crawled into her bed and snuggled close together.

"Good night, Breeze. I love you." She said with a smile.

"I love you too, Dashie." I said closing my eyes and kissing her muzzle. We laid together and waited for sleep to take us away.


>Author's Note:
So how did I do with this chapter? I hope I didn't buck anything up in the story. Please leave feedback, all is appreciated!