• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,034 Views, 104 Comments

Breeze of Love - HeartBeat



Swift Breeze is a pegasus pony who's life is pretty good. Can a certain mare make it any better?

  • ...
4
 104
 3,034

Chapter 1: A Ticket

Chapter 1: A Ticket


Ponyville isn't a bad place. The ponies are friendly and welcoming to each other. My life isn't so bad. I have a job, some friends, and a good supply of bits to keep me alive for a while. The work as Weather patrol pony can be a little stressful sometimes. I would get a small shock of lightning every now and again, but I soon got used to it and shrug it off. Aerohead is a good friend of mine. We both have the same shifts, but it seems I always have more hours than him.

"You know, you really need a break from all your work, Breeze." Aerohead said to me.

"Yeah. The boss is kinda overworking me with hours." I replied throwing my goggles in my locker. "But I don't really mind it. All I do after I work is just bum around for a while or go out and enjoy the sky. So a little more work keeps me busy."

We trotted out of the weather station and took off. He an I glided for a while to talk to one another about the weather patrol and other nonsense.

"Hey, Breeze?" Aerohead asked flipping his sunglasses back down over his eyes.

"Whats up?" I asked him landing onto a nearby cloud.

"So what are you doing the four day break from work?" Asked Aerohead landing a few feet away from me.

"Well, I'm going to see the Wonderbolts tomorrow. Would you like to come? I got an extra ticket." I said pulling out an envelope with the Wonderbolts emblem on it.

"Nah, Rarity and I got something to do tomorrow." Aerohead replied looking into the distance with a grin and light blushed cheeks. This quickly went away when I began to laugh as I saw him think of his 'plans' with his wife. Suddenly, I felt as if all the wind was knocked out of my lungs as I got tackled off the current cloud I stood on. A few seconds later, we gently landed on a soft nearby cloud. I looked up to see a clearly excited cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and dark pink eyes. It was no other than my crush, Rainbow Dash.

"Did I hear you say 'Wonderbolts'?" asked the mare with a large smile on her face.

I starred at her for a while as she asked me the question with a big smile. She had the most beautiful colored eyes. I lost my train of thought and nodded my head getting back to my feet.

"Yeah, I did. I have an extra ticket. Um, would you like to join me, Rainbow?" I asked. Holding out one of the tickets. Her face light up an she shot up into the air with an array of colors following her path. When she looped around and landed back in front of me, she moved in closer to me.

"Hay yeah! I would love to!" She looked down at the ticket again to read it. Her jaw nearly hit the floor as her eyes scanned over the three letters at the top.

"How did you get V.I.P tickets?" she asked with shock in her voice.

"A good friend of mine owed me a favor and this was his way of paying me back." I said with a smile on my face. "So I guess I'll pick you up tomorrow to head to the colosseum?"

"You bet! But I never caught your name." she said with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

"I'm Swift Breeze." I said holding out my hoof.

"Great to meet ya!" she said giving me a brohoof.

She thanked me again and began to fly away nearly screaming with joy. Than I heard Aerohead laughing from the cloud I had been standing on before. He must have seen the whole thing.

"Wow, man! You were drooling all over her!" He said teasing.

"No way! I know how to keep my cool around a lady! I remember when you first met Rarity and you couldn't speak a single word to the poor mare!" I said now teasing back.

"Shut up, Breeze!" he replied embarrassed.

"That's what I thought. Now, go home and model your wife's clothes like you always do. I got some things that need to be done." I said stretching my wings for flight.

"Whatever, I'll see ya around!" He said taking off.

"Later!" I yelled back to him.

I stopped by Sugar Cube Bar for a drink. For some odd reason Mr. and Mrs. Cakes had a bar attached to the side now for more adult ponies who just wanted a decent drink and no sweets in their way. The shot of Whiskey trickled down my tongue and warmed by body from the chill of the room. I never really understood why alcohol did that. Even though I wasn't much of a drinker, It just calms me down to have some cider, or in my case now, whiskey in my stomach. I place the glass back down on the table and payed for the drink. I thanked the bartender with a few bits as a tip and made my way out the door.

Than I headed back home. Unlike almost every pegasus I didn't have a cloud house, because I never really fancied a house that just floats in the skies. A little creepy, if you ask me. But I loved to sit on my windowsill and watch the sunset. I chewed an apple as I watched the rest of the sun disappear behind a mountain. Giving a loud yawn, I turn back into my house and jump into my bed.

I couldn't believe it. I had just gotten a date with a beautiful mare! We were going to have the best time together at the show. But maybe she only thought I gave her the ticket as a friend. I had heard a rumor that she likes mares. But doesn't matter, though. I get to spend time with the mare I had fallen for.



>Author's Note:
Alright ponies, new fan-fic! I would like to know how this is turning out to you all. Please leave suggestions, comments, all that jazz. Everything is much appreciated!