• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,043 Views, 104 Comments

Breeze of Love - HeartBeat



Swift Breeze is a pegasus pony who's life is pretty good. Can a certain mare make it any better?

  • ...
4
 104
 3,043

Chapter 9: Silver Spectrum

Chapter 9: Silver Spectrum


A few months passed by. Rainbow had begun to pass through the phases of pregnancy. She started to get sick every now and then. I would wake up at night and hear her getting sick in the bathroom. Sometimes I would go in and rub her back to comfort her. I noticed the weird cravings she would get. One day she asked me for a muffin, then she wanted an avocado sliced on top. I watched her divour the ruined pastry. She licked her lips and asked for another. This happened more frequently when we would go out for dinner. But I, and all the other ponies who watched in horror, understood why she did this. Something beautiful was on it's way, and it was almost time for it's arrival. The doctor said it would be baby filly and we were happy to hear. I had hopped for a daughter and so did Rainbow. The doctor told us that it wouldn't be long before she would arrive.

I woke up to Rainbow shaking my shoulder. I looked over to Rainbow and her face was contorted.

"Huh? What is it dash?" I said rolling over and looking at her.

"Ah! It's time, Breeze! Get me the hay out of here!" She shouted.

I instantly picked her up and carried her downstairs. I threw the door open and spread my wings. The flight to the hospital was a long one, but the doctors instantly took her into care. I really didn't need to see what happened back there. So I sat in the waiting room and waited for the doctors to let me come back to see her. I looked down at the floor and heard hooves coming straight for me. I looked up to see Aerohead trotting towards me with Rarity close by.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" I asked them.

"We wanted to try again with a baby of our own, so Rarity is here for a check-up." he said hoping next to me.

"But why are you here?" He asked sitting next to me.

"Rainbow is going into labor." I said to him.

"I have to let the girls know about this!" Exclaimed Rarity, running towards the doors.

We sat for a while in silence and Rainbow's friends talked amongst themselves once they arrived. I looked towards the doors that Rainbow was taken through. A smile grew on my face. I was so worried, but excited at the same time. I closed my eyes and drifted away. I jerked up when I heard the doors fly open. I watched the doctor come through the doors and trot towards me.

"They're ready for visitors." He said with a smile on his face.

We followed him to Rainbow's room and he opened the door for us. I trotted to the bed and sat on the chair next to her. I looked at what she was holding in her hooves. It was a small filly wrapped in a blue blanket. I moved the blanket off its head to reveal the small white face. I looked down and saw my daughter right before my eyes. Her mane was colored just like Rainbow's. Each part of her hair was colored differently and flowed perfectly like a rainbow. Her coat was a shiny silver. She let out a small yawn and slowly began to open her eyes. I looked at the small purple pools of beauty as she looked right at me. A small giggle sounded from her that echoed, in the quietness that lie, in the room.

"Awww!" adored all of the ponies in the room.

"What will we name her?" I asked Rainbow. She turned her head back down to our daughter.

"Silver Spectrum?" she said.

"That's a perfect name, Dashie." I said kissing her on the head.

I picked Silver up out of Rainbow's hooves and held her. She smiled and starred at me. I brought my head down to her and nuzzled her gently. Silver let out a small giggle. I smiled and turned my head back to Dash. She was now resting, clearly being tired out from giving birth. We let Rainbow rest for awhile and a nurse came in the room with a folder of documents. We filled out the papers and began to make our way outside. I held Silver in my hooves and began to fly with Dash back to my home. I had a desk removed from my room, and in it's place is a small bed fit for the filly. I gently rested Silver in her bed and she slowly closed her eyes, falling into a deep slumber. I turned back to Dash and she was already in bed. I crawled in next to her and she snuggled up close to me.

"We did good, Dash." I whispered.

"Hay yeah, we did. I love you." She whispered back.

"I love you too, Dashie." I said, kissing her on the head. "Goodnight."



>Author's Note:
Almost there everypony! I still got 2 or 3 more chapters for you all. Please tell me what you think and what I should work on.

>Editor's Note
We need to thank Heartbeat for this, amazing story of his!