• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,013 Views, 104 Comments

Breeze of Love - HeartBeat



Swift Breeze is a pegasus pony who's life is pretty good. Can a certain mare make it any better?

  • ...
3
 104
 3,013

Chapter 15: Life

Chapter 15: Life


Dash and Silver flew right out of the sky and landed right at the gate to the house. I watched Silver trot to the house from the balcony. I looked and saw the beautiful mare that is my daughter. She seemed so young not that long ago. Now she is in her twenties and is preparing to move out. She looked up at me and waved. A smile grew over my face as I waved at her.

"How was she Dashie?" I called down to her.

"She's pretty fast." Dash said giving a little shove to Silver.

"Mom, please, you know I beat you 3 times in a row. I really fast!" Silver said patting her chest.

"You're rubbing off on her, Dash." I said noticing the self confidence in Silver.

"Hay yea!" Dash said ruffling Silver's mane.

Silver flew up to me and landed on the balcony. Dash followed her and sat on the couch next to me. I looked into the purple eyes of Silver and saw the once young filly, is now a completely different mare. Her mane was long and almost touched the floor. Her white feathers on her wings would reflect rainbows as she flew. I looked up into her eyes and remebered the young filly that held my neck and called me daddy.

"Um... Dad what's up with you being all sappy?" Silver said pointing at the tear streaming down my cheek.

"You've really grown, Silver." I said pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks, dad." She said patting my back with her hoof.

"Well. Lets eat some lunch before you catch your train to Canterlot." I said trotting inside.

Lunch didn't last nearly as long as I had hoped. I trotted up to the ticket booth and bought Silver's ticket to Canterlot. I handed her the ticket and Silver took it. I watched Rainbow give Silver a hug and held her close. She approached me and hugged me. I closed my eyes and squeezed her tight. I didn't want her to leave.

"Why does your job require you to live in Canterlot?" I said holding back my tears.

"I told you. If a spot opens at the station here, I'd be more than happy to live here. They just transferred me to the station there." Silver explained.

"By guys, I love you." She said slowly making her way onto the train. I saw her bolt back through the doors and stand in front of me.

"I almost forgot to give you this!" She said, reaching in her bags.

My heart stopped as she held out what she wanted to give me. Suddenly Silver was her young self again. She had her small purple eyes and held up the animal. I looked in her hooves to see the little brown bear she had gotten on her first birthday. Tears began to stream down my cheeks and I picked up the bear. I wrapped my hooves around her.

"I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm going to miss you." I said clenching my eyes shut.

"I'm going to visit as much as I can. And I promise I'll right." She said hugging me back.

"ALL ABOARD!" the conductor yelled.

"I got to go dad." She said, tears forming in he eyes.

"I know..." I said sniffling.

She got on the train and it was off down the railroad. I looked down at the bear and smiled. A tear hit the bear as I remembered all the times she held this bear out to me. She began to tell me that when she held this bear, all of her bad feelings would go away. I pressed the bear against my chest and looked back to Rainbow. She had a smile on her face and was crying.

"C'mon... Lets get home." I said trotting out of the station.

I stood on the balcony and held the bear in my lap. Rainbow was leaning her head on my shoulder and we watched the sunset together. I closed my eyes and began to remember all the times Silver had with us. Her first colt-friend, her first date, first heartbreak, and her first time leaving home. I sniffed back the tears and gazed at the setting sun.

"I miss her so much already..." I said.

"I know, I do too. But it wont be long before we go through the same thing with Blaze."

"I know, but at least he is only 18, and we still have some time to spend with him." I said thinking of our son.

"Speaking of Blaze..." Dash said pointing up to the sky.

I saw him hauling a cart of apples in the air. I watched as he landed in front of the house. He unhooked his cart and dashed straight up to the balcony. His face was covered in sweat.

"Did I miss it, Is sis still here?" He said, gasping for air.

"Calm down, son. You just missed her. She left not to long ago to Canterlot." I explained to him.

"Aww. I'm sorry, guys." He said sitting on the ledge brushing back his red mane.

"It's alright. Now go and finish your delivery. I want to talk to you." I said putting a hoof on his shoulder.

"Alright dad." Blaze said to me taking off to his cart.

I watched as he flew towards Sweet Apple Acres. I turned my gaze back to the sun an waited for his return.

The End...

>Authors note:
Yay! It's over! Now I can write a sequel with Blaze Wing, their son! Hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 5 )

Nice, And hope to see that sequel.:twilightsmile:

Fuck I'm sad now :twilightangry2: 1-20 year snow that's a lot of missing story :twilightangry2:

I've been reading quite a few chapters. For obvious reasons I was skeptical, it's quite hard to pull off good OC stories after all. However I tried to read with an open mind, but I got a few issues with my initial impression. There's quite a few spelling errors, to name a minor one, but I think one of the biggest issues this story sorta has is in its' lack of pacing, lack of detail in some areas. It all just feels a little rushed, and the characters kinda lose their personalities partway through and become a bit too generic.

There's potential here, loads of it, but something I think could use work is your pacing and especially learning how to do build-ups. Lose the Authors Notes too. Other than that it's a nice story. :coolphoto:

d,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :raritydespair::raritycry::applecry::heart::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Good lord, twenty year time skip, and they have a son, wow... pacing needs some work but I love it.
Such sad, but much awesome.

Good show!

Login or register to comment